Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,813 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich (51748 Views)

Anthony Joshua Reacts To His Defeat By Oleksandr Usyk (Photos, Video) / Messi Slammed With £540 Fine For Diego Maradona Shirt Celebration / Real Madrid Fans Send Message To Jose Mourinho During Defeat To Eibar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Maobichek: 8:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
emeijeh:
If Messi was this demoralized, then i don't blame ghettokid1 for his quietness since last night

Cc: fergie001 vickyrotex Fuckingmallam45 perfecttouchade ebukahades10 GBEST90 paulolee Angelfrost
Hahahaaaa! his problem is that he glorifies Messi more than the entire Barca team, Messi is good but doesn't have the confidence that Ronaldo have, thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by IamOrei(m): 8:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
TRUE. Very TRUE!!
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by obonujoker(m): 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2020
lordprogress:

How many dribbles did your Ronaldo manage in the last 5 years rubbish only to they score penal na him Sabi small farmers of Lyon na make una goat dey cry goat my foot.

I 8-2 wail like you bro grin

2 Likes

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by fergie001: 8:36pm On Aug 15, 2020
Maobichek:
Hahahaaaa! his problem is that he glorifies Messi more than the entire Barca team, Messi is good but doesn't have the confidence that Ronaldo have, thank you.
Somebody increase the volume ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by zeusdgrt(m): 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
Asour:

We've also seen CR7 getting annoyed that another teammate scored and not him. We've heard him say that if other teammates played like him the team would have won the game too. Or talking about his transfer move on a UCL night where he had a relatively quite performance thereby taking away the headlines from Bale.
That's clearly NOT perfect leadership.

*This doesn't take away from CR7 being one of the best players in the world/in history too. But he certainly isn't a perfect leader.

I'm ok that you guys like the Extroverted "bully" leadership style BUT that not the only style their is. Otherwise Messi wouldn't have more Trophies than 95% of the "leaders" on that list. Messi has been a leader before he became a Captain. I personally don't like the captain thing even.
Lol...palm wine drinker analysis grin grin u are beyond redemption grin I leave u to ur folly lie

1 Like

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by zeusdgrt(m): 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
OJEEMAH:
just so you know, am not a Barcelona fan. you guys should stop acting like Ronaldo is always perfect. Why didn't Ronaldo motivate man u when they were being crushed by Barcelona in 2009 UCL final or even save his beloveth real Madrid when Barcelona knocked them out of UCL in 2011.
Like I said earlier, poor damage control TECHNIQUE try another one grin grin

1 Like

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by lexy2014: 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
mariahAngel:
"Messi resembled a truly beaten man after watching on as the Bundesliga champions ran riot in their Champions League quarter-final clash on Friday night"

This is where Ronaldo shines above Messi.
He never goes down without a fight. Until the sound final whistle, he doesn't back down.

I remember how he almost singlehandedly led an average Portuguese team to becoming European champions.

What makes a team an "average team"? What was d motivation that Ronaldo motivated? If he didn't motivate them, wouldn't they have won d championship?
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by zeusdgrt(m): 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
stayclearofme:

U no well o....u dey tell your Oga say he no get Sense.... grin grin
Dreamer
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Wize1: 8:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
friday2011:
d

Na lie bro...

He only need to give way...

The team will be fine.

The guy just be like Tinubu in lagos politics and oshiomole in edo politics grin

Hope I did not shake your table? grin

Tell them o. The earlier Barca cut him lose and start rebuilding the better. Every top team has been doing that (Bayern, Madrid, Chelsea, etc), it may take a while but it’s the reality. They need to wake up and smell the coffee. No one single player should be bigger than the collective. This is what happens when a club‘s leadership worships one player beyond the pitch. By himself, he has appointed coaches, sacked coaches, formed cabal against players he doesn’t like, decides which team mates to pass to, and so on. This is no longer sustainable.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by viktor88: 8:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
zeusdgrt:

A video,a match,a result,an international audience view against u,are the one hiding from the reality grin grin other Messi fans don see truth quiet but u still wan disgrace urself further grin grin
Guy na their option.

I get my own option as well.

There are different kind of leadership style.
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by DonMekino(m): 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2020
Nonsense talk, when did Cristiano go ballistic? If Messi talks, ppl will call him arrogant that he chooses the team, that he determines who goes and who comes. This Barcelona team has been living on borrowed time for three years now, it can only get worse, u sold Neymar a big time performer to buy Dembele, that's laughable...and it's not going to get better unless they restructure and overhaul that squad....
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by CLEVER123(m): 9:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
Bayern Munich vs Barcelona
8 confirmed cases 2 recovered
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by mariahAngel(f): 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2020
lexy2014:

What makes a team an "average team"? What was d motivation that Ronaldo motivated? If he didn't motivate them, wouldn't they have won d championship?

Compared to the other teams at that tournament, the Portuguese team were average.

Ronaldo made them believe they could do it. You should've seen him in the final match...he was so passionate.

Even though he couldn't continue to play because of injury, he channeled all his strength to the team, paced about on the sidelines giving instructions despite his injury, until they won.

That day, he was not only a captain, he was a coach and most importantly, a team player.

1 Like

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2020
ThierryJay:

I acknowledge you have the right to troll Messi o. But abeg Lyon is very very very far from this current Bayern Munich team. Lyon and Napoli are closer in level. Let that sink in.
stupi d talk.
No team is small un champions league. After all, Roma defeated Barca 2 yrs ago.
And for you to still v guts to defend Messi by trilling CR7 shows you are a good for nothing hater. Cry more of your 8-2.
I 8-2 tell u d truth
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
Probably thinking of Ronaldo
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by kareemkamil(m): 9:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
Maradona said the same thing to him, at world cup before this last one
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by stayclearofme: 9:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
zeusdgrt:

Dreamer
Dreams come true.
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by zeusdgrt(m): 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
viktor88:

Guy na their option.

I get my own option as well.

There are different kind of leadership style.
Different style for different profession and situation for swift application grin grin
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by viktor88: 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
zeusdgrt:

Different style for different profession and situation for swift application grin grin
Noooo
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by zeusdgrt(m): 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2020
stayclearofme:

Dreams come true.
Keep sleeping while reality is on grin grin
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by zeusdgrt(m): 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2020
viktor88:

Noooo
Lol grin
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Simplecity(m): 10:31pm On Aug 15, 2020
DrayZee:

Keep letting sink in. Bayern were not in anyway defensive. Yet Messi could not score, nor assist. We barely even saw Bayern’s side of the post. You guys whine yourselves a lot.

The same Bayern trashed Barcelona 7-0 before. And that same Bayern swallowed 5 goals from Ronaldo alone.
let the delusional barca fan continue saying rubbish ...all they know is negative criticism of ronaldo and senseless defending of messi...May God continue to disgrace dem

1 Like

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by lexy2014: 10:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
mariahAngel:

Compared to the other teams at that tournament, the Portuguese team were average.

Ronaldo made them believe they could do it. You should've seen him in the final match...he was so passionate.

Even though he couldn't continue to play because of injury, he channeled all his strength to the team, paced about on the sidelines giving instructions despite his injury, until they won.

That day, he was not only a captain, he was a coach and most importantly, a team player.

U haven't answered my question: what makes a team an "average team"?

According to u: "Compared to the other teams at that tournament, the Portuguese team were average."

There were 24 teams at Euro 2016. How did Portugal become "average" compared to d other 23teams?

U said Ronaldo made his teammates "believe they could do it" in d final match. According to u, "he was passionate".

Pls let me ask. Did Fernando Santos not make his team believe before & during d tournament? What belief did Ronaldo give his teammates that Fernando Santos didn't give d team? What form of passion did Ronaldo exhibit that d coach of d team not exhibit? What instructions did Ronaldo give his teammates that Fernando Santos didn't give his team? Was Didier Deschamp not passionate that he lost against Portugal or did Deschamp not pace along d touchline?
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Simplecity(m): 10:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
They should leave Messi alone
He is the gentle type

The type that strongly support the mantra" live and let live"
if Ronaldo scores a penalty you come here shouting penaldo anyhow ....your messi floped hard now your saying live and let live.....sorry to say this but omo your delusional
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by BEDMON1900: 10:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
Messi live matter
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Tchiman(m): 10:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
ThierryJay:

I acknowledge you have the right to troll Messi o. But abeg Lyon is very very very far from this current Bayern Munich team. Lyon and Napoli are closer in level. Let that sink in.

Sorry are you by chance insulting a Lyon that just whipped man city?

Ahhh bros fear God nahh grin grin grin
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by COMPAQ(m): 11:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
Audacious19:
Messi can't be a leader, someone who could retire for losing a final even as the team captain can never be a leader.
The guy nah dictator spoiling Barca without them knowing, he wants all the glory, dicttes who to buy, who to play, who to even pass to during matches like gurizeman, and coutinho. I wonder if this was Ronaldo the internet would have been on fire but Ronaldo has a perfect God who responds to his critics in special moments.
How can messi give up everytime they are losing, Roma, liverpool, Juventus and now Bayern no fighting spirit. No motivation mtcheew this one nah lizard goat abeg

I agree with you. As wonderful a player as Messi is,and in my mind he is probably the best of all time, but he is also perhaps their biggest problem in terms of power he weilds, the dependence on him even as he's waning and the distraction he causes on the pitch by getting the ball at times when sometimes the better pass was over the top to find someone who made a run. I've never thought Messi was a good captain anyway. Body language has always been flat when things aren't going their way in big matches.

Messi is the reason why Greizman, Coutinho, Dembele and a few others cannot fulfill their own potential. Setting up the team for his playing benefit has also caused Barca to lose their shape and balance.

That said its not just about him, as the leadership have not been able to buy the right quality of players to fill certain positions.
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by GEEBITE: 11:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
You want to count the one he was practically a spectator
We are not discussing MIkel Obi and his Chelsea trophies where his contributions were negligible.
viktor88:

Obvious.

They even mentioned that he won three champions league instead of 4.
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Munirboss(m): 11:12pm On Aug 15, 2020
So make him begin dey hala, they light player slap abi. The game is over everyone knows that. Barca went into the game as under-dogs

1 Like

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by stayclearofme: 11:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
zeusdgrt:

Keep sleeping while reality is on grin grin
Hahahahaha.....I don wake up. grin
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
Maobichek:
. Do you know that Muller is older than all the Barca players? please forget about age cos Muller rubbished that clam by his performance. Barca should try and get someone who can play like Iniesta and Xavier, until then Barca will continue to suffer elimination ok.
Muller and how many of them are over 30+...? just few, very few, still watch bayern next season as they will find more young pacey replacement for muler, botang, peresic, and Lewandowski, the same thing that killed juventus, aged legs. I don't know how barca hunt for youngsters but so far so good it ain't working.
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by tony5(m): 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2020
ojaysam25:
I think we should leave messi and Barcelona alone.....i'm beginning to feel sorry for messi....the truth is both messi and Ronaldo are great players.....where one is lacking in one area,he compensate by beating the other in another area....
One area were Ronaldo up messi is confidence and leadership qualities,he would scold,shout and motivate his players when they are not doing well...he is vocal whereas messi is the quiet type..
Having said that,both players will always be in the Goat debate....they are great players with different personalities..
bro, messi is not a goat but a scape goat, stop comparing messi with ronaldo because he is a complete Player than messi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team / Rev.fr Mbaka- Mikel Obi Should No Longer Be In The Nigeria Team / Marjorie Enya Proposes To Isadora Cerullo At The Olympics (PICS&VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.