Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich (51755 Views)

Anthony Joshua Reacts To His Defeat By Oleksandr Usyk (Photos, Video) / Messi Slammed With £540 Fine For Diego Maradona Shirt Celebration / Real Madrid Fans Send Message To Jose Mourinho During Defeat To Eibar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by tony5(m): 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
lexy2014:

U haven't answered my question: what makes a team an "average team"?

According to u: "Compared to the other teams at that tournament, the Portuguese team were average."

There were 24 teams at Euro 2016. How did Portugal become "average" compared to d other 23teams?

U said Ronaldo made his teammates "believe they could do it" in d final match. According to u, "he was passionate".

Pls let me ask. Did Fernando Santos not make his team believe before & during d tournament? What belief did Ronaldo give his teammates that Fernando Santos didn't give d team? What form of passion did Ronaldo exhibit that d coach of d team not exhibit? What instructions did Ronaldo give his teammates that Fernando Santos didn't give his team? Was Didier Deschamp not passionate that he lost against Portugal or did Deschamp not pace along d touchline?

bro, don't be sentimental, you are not doing well at all. Your analysis was just off point, we talking leadership you are talking excuses. You don't justify failure with excuses, if you are lacking in an area, learn to get better

1 Like

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by inumidun2010(m): 12:30am On Aug 16, 2020
People like Messi hunt for Personal Glory.. It's not his fault ooo.. Leadership skills can be learnt..
No be everybody sabi do GRA GRA oooo... Yesterday was a shock
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Slynation(m): 1:05am On Aug 16, 2020
And Messi gets the blame for everything......
Just maybe for those that are saying Messi should scold his teammates at the pitch for performing badly, it definitely means that don't play football at all, you don't shout at a player, instead you encourage him....

Maybe because he is Messi.... He should attack, defend and Cover the Goal post abi, let's be logical in our reasoning sometimes naw.... I know very well we ain't beating this Bayern team, I gave up long ago, but I wasn't expecting an embarrassing scoreline.... I hope this game serves as a lesson and will definitely change the narrative of Barcelona....
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Seunolakunle678: 2:02am On Aug 16, 2020
I just confirmed my second withdrawal in a space of 3 days. It's Legit and paying guys.. Don't sleep on this..
If you know about bitcoin and want to make good profits in bitcoin, trade with trustfore limited. Begin with as little as $50 to start earning.
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Stmiceel(m): 5:00am On Aug 16, 2020
Abfinest007:
this GOAT is met for pepper soup not trophy

Oloun, ma ba o je obe alata yen!
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Stmiceel(m): 5:02am On Aug 16, 2020
Abfinest007:
this GOAT is met for pepper soup not trophy

Pelu omi asoro!
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by sammy7410(m): 6:04am On Aug 16, 2020
It dat clear

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by ojaysam25(m): 6:22am On Aug 16, 2020
tony5:
bro, messi is not a goat but a scape goat, stop comparing messi with ronaldo because he is a complete Player than messi
Bro I am a Ronaldo fan...for me Ronaldo is better than messi...but messi is very Good as well...
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by lexy2014: 6:23am On Aug 16, 2020
tony5:
bro, don't be sentimental, you are not doing well at all. Your analysis was just off point, we talking leadership you are talking excuses. You don't justify failure with excuses, if you are lacking in an area, learn to get better

I don't see d correlation with d conclusions u have made and d questions i have asked. Can u pls point out d sentiment u are referring to & pls explain how I am not doing well?

I don't remember making any analysis. I only asked questions. Can u pls show me d analysis u said I made? When did questions & analysis become d same thing?

What leadership are u talking about & what excuses did I talk about? Can u pls point out d excuses from d questions I asked?

Can u pls point out d area u say am lacking? Am not too sure what that has got to do with d discussion since u say u are talking about leadership. From much of what u said u seem to be d one lacking in simple comprehension & d ability to answer simple questions.

Here are my questions once to help refresh ur memory. Maybe u can assist d other gentleman:

"U haven't answered my question: what makes a team an "average team"?

According to u: "Compared to the other teams at that tournament, the Portuguese team were average."

There were 24 teams at Euro 2016. How did Portugal become "average" compared to d other 23teams?

U said Ronaldo made his teammates "believe they could do it" in d final match. According to u, "he was passionate".

Pls let me ask. Did Fernando Santos not make his team believe before & during d tournament? What belief did Ronaldo give his teammates that Fernando Santos didn't give d team? What form of passion did Ronaldo exhibit that d coach of d team not exhibit? What instructions did Ronaldo give his teammates that Fernando Santos didn't give his team? Was Didier Deschamp not passionate that he lost against Portugal or did Deschamp not pace along d touchline?"

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by egopersonified(f): 6:29am On Aug 16, 2020
You people should not use your mouths and keyboards to kill Messi
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by FuckOsuPigs: 7:00am On Aug 16, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
Been skillful is not enough to be a captain, Messi lacks that leadership quality, he only wants to hit the round leather game and enjoy his football

Ramos
Maldini
Puyol
Cristiano
Terry
Roy Keane
Kompany
Cassillas

My all time team captain favorite, the players I listed here would have shout at semedo, scream at Vidal for being stupid, motivate lenglet for allowing these 2 cheap goals, their body languages won’t event allow Suarez to act instead of playing, but Messi couldn’t do anything, too bad, the keeper ought to be given the captain hand band

You forgot to mention Eric Cantona
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by mariahAngel(f): 7:28am On Aug 16, 2020
lexy2014:

U haven't answered my question: what makes a team an "average team"?

Pls let me ask. Did Fernando Santos not make his team believe before & during d tournament? What belief did Ronaldo give his teammates that Fernando Santos didn't give d team? What form of passion did Ronaldo exhibit that d coach of d team not exhibit? What instructions did Ronaldo give his teammates that Fernando Santos didn't give his team? Was Didier Deschamp not passionate that he lost against Portugal or did Deschamp not pace along d touchline?

Well, damn dude!

If I had known what you wanted from me was an interview, I would have prepared for it. undecided
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by viktor88: 8:06am On Aug 16, 2020
GEEBITE:
You want to count the one he was practically a spectator
We are not discussing MIkel Obi and his Chelsea trophies where his contributions were negligible.
He played in the season champions league and was injured during knock out stages. He was awarded a medal by UEFA.

Messi have 4 champions league. I believe that me and you don't know better than UEFA.
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by lexy2014: 9:55am On Aug 16, 2020
mariahAngel:

Well, damn dude!

If I had known what you wanted from me was an interview, I would have prepared for it. undecided

It's not an interview and even if it were, I don't see any reason why u are running away. I didn't need to prepare in order to ask questions. So y do u need to prepare before answering questions on points that u raised urself?

If d claims u made were actually true, then u wouldn't need to prepare before being able to answer d questions I asked. Or u thought u could just make claims without being asked to defend or verify such claims?
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by bonnyhope: 10:15am On Aug 16, 2020
ojaysam25:
I think we should leave messi and Barcelona alone.....i'm beginning to feel sorry for messi....the truth is both messi and Ronaldo are great players.....where one is lacking in one area,he compensate by beating the other in another area....
One area were Ronaldo up messi is confidence and leadership qualities,he would scold,shout and motivate his players when they are not doing well...he is vocal whereas messi is the quiet type..
Having said that,both players will always be in the Goat debate....they are great players with different personalities..

You have spoken well my son

Both players are on different level and they have made history in the world football
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by showafrica(m): 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Artiiclebeast:
That's the price of leadership and very apt criticisms even though the entire team was zero, but as the head of the pack, he deserves the sticks.

The clueless, zero charisma and uninspiring dullard of a coach deserves a slap.

The President has a lot to answer for sanctioning a bottom table coach to take the reins after the sack of another yeye one in the name of Valverde.

I thought Valverde was cold this one na olodo.

A classic example of GEJ and Buhari.

That coach body language no be am at all.. Barca is used to young managers, I don't know when they started hiring old cargos. Hope Nigeria spirit never enter there..
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by horgarzer(m): 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
Auladimeji:
I'm a Barcelona, I saw it when Messi bow down when they scored but let us be real no matter what Barcelona can never beat Bayern Munich... Common!they have Muller, Lewandoski,Coutihno,Gbary,perisic and many more,My team Barcelona have nothing apart from Messi and Dejon(they really tried)...Honestly, as a Barcelona yesterday was not humiliation, the real humiliation was against Liverpool and Roma,we were cut off.... Barcelona fans should not be ashame,we can't defeat Bayern Munich and still defeat Manchester city,ko possible.. I'm still a Barcelona fan no matter what
You hear yourself, which team has coutinho?
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Dyonne: 7:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
Fastestmanalive:
Messi simply isn't captain material.

A true captain would have inspired his team to go on and win the match. I saw none of that in Messi.

That's not to say he isn't a good player though.

Who is the true captain you have seen win every match?

While I agree that Messi may not be the most effective leader, give him a break. Also consider the off pitch struggles he has had with the board and put it in context.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ronaldinho Released From Prison And Placed Under House Arrest / Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team / Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.