Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption (51280 Views)

My Husband Kicked Me Out After A DNA Test Revealed He Wasn’t My Daughter Dad / Doting Nigerian Dad Makes His Daughter Up For Her School Party / Lady Travels To The US To Give Birth, Dumps Husband, Gives Child Up For Adoption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by queenitee(f): 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mizflo:
Thanks everyone for your advice and words of encouragement I live in asaba I love my daughter so much more than anything in this world but I think she deserve better than me the reason I want to give her up for adoption is because she will be better off without me over there she will have both parents that will train and guide her to the right path something I never had the change to have so I want her to be greater than me because I don’t have anything good to offer her , I trust this aunty that will adopt her because she has helped me a lot in the past I know my daughter will be in a good place but I just don’t understand why am I having sleepless nights about giving her away I guess is normal for any mother that love her daughter to feel the same way I am feeling because it’s not easy for me to give her away but she had to go because I want her to be happy and I hope one day she will thanked me for making the right decisions for her. Thanks

No don’t, don’t give your child up for adoption.
Because she’s good to you doesn’t mean she would be good to your child or she would keep up being good to your child and yourself after the adoption. I know it’s only a probability, but the human mind is filled with wickedness.

Does she have a child? What if after she gave birth to her own child, she stopped being good to you and your child? What if she’s being good to you just because she wants your child? What if she has other plans for your child and she’s using adoption to cover it up? Remember adoption makes her your child‘s mother and your child gets to beat her name. She has all say on your child as your child as already become hers.

Can you live with not having a claim/say on your child again for life? Can you live with your child not wanting to see or talk or know you for life? Because trust me, your child would prefer to live through hell with you than you giving her up for adoption.

Think not only of yourself but of your child. What if your child grew up with the notion that you don’t want her and abandoned her and they allowed her to hold on to that misconception? Can you live with your daughter cursing and hating her birth mother everyday of life for a misconception that wasn’t addressed.

Can you live knowing you have a child someone but you don’t have a claim on her anymore because you gave her up? Think not only of now but also of the future. I know it’s hard but you will overcome.

Ask your madam to let you learn a skill and with that you can start something.

And to those saying you had consensual sex with your baby daddy, they need to read up on what rape is and the types of rape there is. Your baby daddy raped you. A minor’s consent means nothing, absolutely nothing.

And the mumu that was asking if you thought about Jesus before spreading your leg, I just didn’t want to quote him with how annoyed I was reading his post. You were young, vulnerable and needed some love which he gave to you, it’s so easy for you to see him as the best thing ever, as heaven sent. It is normal, we are humans, we want to be loved and feel loved, you have no fault.

I will advise you to follow what some people said up there about involving the police with your baby daddy, but do not give your child up for adoption. Being with you is worth more than anything.

And please, Jesus lovers you and it wasn’t him who put you through it all, it’s human and their wickedness and it’s not Jesus fault. He already gave us the ability to identify and decide one what’s good or bad and what will do with it is exactly our decision and our consequences to bear. Don’t blame it on Jesus, if you want to blame it on anyone, blame it on those who put you through it all. But I’ll advise you not to blame it on anyone, but rather to accept it and move on with your life.

I wish to send you an email.

And if you’ve thought about everything above and felt you can live with them all after giving up your daughter, then it’s fine. You can give up your daughter for adoption. I pray God will see you through.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by queenitee(f): 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
spiralwedge:

Mizflo, ignore this. It is written with sentiments and obviously from someone who hasnrt known life yet. How will you show love to a 5 year old child when you dont have the means to? You don't even have a place to stay? If you struggle and hawk, where will the child be? At mercy of someone who will abuse her?

Dont bank on reaping anything on any child, that's not the goal of parenting. It is a Nigerian mentality that misguides. i dont see you giving any good parenting now anyway. Your goal as a parent is to give your child the best opportunity/foundation to thrive in life.
So the best is for you to take this option of giving her the best, which you can always explain to her later.
You also have the chance to bounce back, and make something meaningful out of your life.

If you typed the OP then you are educated enough to negotiate the content of what you are signing for. Let it include occasional visits, but not too occasional.
What you need is a safe hand/home for the girl to grow up to 18.
She's 5 now.... So 13 years more. By then, you will be 34, probably married with more kids. But before that time, you need to heal and achieve things for yourself.

My parents had several people brought up in our homes while growing up, including 7 of us. They lived with us until they are old enough either to return to their parents, marry, or be on their own. They were equally treated with us and i still find it hard to believe that they are not my biological siblings. Their cases are similar to your daughter, and our parents gave them a platform to identify with while growing up to be whoever they want to be. Interesting thing is that apart from my siblings, they themselves are doing the same to other people's children. It is our heritage and i'm forever grateful to my parents for that.

Please ignore these Africa Magic people sitting in the comfort of their homes typing with a myopic mindset. This is your best chance, dont miss it.

Not everyone is your parent, your parents didn’t adopt them, so they don’t have any claim on them legally. My parents have people who grew up with us too, even before any of us were born. There were even two that it took years before I knew they were not my siblings, but my parents didn’t adopt them and so they have no legal
claim on them.

Adoption isn’t just a trivial issue. After adoption, they have full claim on the child. The child can’t decide to just leave one day(if they treat her wrong) because according to the law, they are the parents, there’s nothing anybody can do. If to say they are not adopting her, it’s a different issue because the child can leave at anytime if she feels maltreated or something, but once she’s adopted, she lose that right(except her adopted parents are good people who still let her have access to her biological mother.) That’s the issue. Not everyone is my parents or your parents, not everyone would do right by her. How would we be sure the adopted mother would do right by her?

So it’s not that we don’t want her being adopted, but how can we be so sure after adoption, the adopted parents won’t cut her off from her child’s life because believe me, they can and there’s nothing anyone can do legally because they are her parents.

If to say they would be like yours and my parents and just accept her into their house and take care of her without laying any claim on her, that would have been different.

You are the one who need think this through. Can the mother live with the fact that except the adopted parents says “Yes,” she can not say/do on her child?

It’s because we don’t know who are the really good people. Why don’t they just help her? It wasn’t like she wanted to give her up for adoption. Why don’t they just help her without adopting the child?

It’s not at all about reaping the fruit of her labour, we all don’t know tomorrow. Plus the child is one of the things that keeps her going. What if she gives her up and they deny her access to the child? What will happen to her? Do you know it can affect her mental health? How well does she knows the family that wants to adopt her child? Because they give her money sometimes or but her stuff doesn’t mean they would be the best after adoption.

Good morning

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by GranmaS(f): 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2020
My dear, please DON'T GIVE UP YOUR CHILD UP FOR ADOPTION. You will regret this in the future. The fact that you are having sleepless night over this portends future danger for your daughter and you. Don't consider that option please! I'm a mother and talking to you from experience. You carry a heavy burden too much for your age. Believe me, there is a bright future ahead of you ,don't give up on yourself and your daughter. Please send me a mail on prospertreasure@yahoo.com. It shall be well with you.
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by GranmaS(f): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2020
ozonechrome:
Mizflo I sent you a PM.

Please don't give up your daughter.

You can't trust people these days with all the paedophilia going on. Where in Asaba are you?
I don't live in Asaba anymore but have friends that do and will like them to comfirm your story then i can offer to help.

Please in any way you can, please assist her. I also want to be part of this though I live in Lagos but the distance not withstanding, kindly verify the authenticity of the story and If possible you can get back to me via prospertreasure@yahoo.com. She needs someone to talk to from time to time and I pray the needed help locates her. Her story made me log in to Nairaland today. Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by abdullahi45: 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ten06:

Please, one of the moderator should help us coordinate the collection of money for this lady that want to give her child out for adoption, so that we can start contributing money for her to get an apartment.
Lalastical please help

Good idea. But first we need to confirm the credence of her situation, then we can get her account details.

Nice idea.

Lalasticlala please help.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Olichoke: 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2020
Nuttella:
Hey, dont say that, everything happens for a reason, dont blame Jesus, you are the one that opened your small legs for your baby daddy, Jesus didnt tell you to.

Thanks for the ugly truth
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by genesis4club: 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
You really needs Christ in your life, I bet without him you can never be saved, I was touched by your story, you need help and please won't advice you give out your daughter for adoption, the first thing that you need now is an accommodation and something that you will be doing to pay your bills, not hussling nor hopping on men, there are good people here that can help out including I but am even scared when you mentioned you don't believe in Christ, I wish to reach out to you.
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mailthaddeus:

If u worship the God of ur ancestors, that's totally ur wahala. As for me, I worship the Almighty God and I am not ashamed to announce that He has been my helper and the source of everything I have.

My this hatred for things concerning God? And it's not just a Nigerian thing, it's actually everywhere, people just wanna take out God from their existence, and I can't but help but cry for u guys.

Stop acting oversmart. Inthat case your dead man jesus whom you equate with Almighty is also your wahala.

Stop shoving it down others throats.

My Gods have given me lots of blessings and guidance which i believe no dead jew or other man gods can ever give.
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
Uniquewise:

The fool has said in his heart, "There is No God". Psalm 14.1

"For by your words you are justified, and by your words you are condemned" Matthew 12.37

The f00l is equating a deadjewish man with GOD.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by TeraHawks: 1:17pm On Aug 17, 2020
Righteousness89:

I Have Given the Solution..

You can Keep touring up and down .. That's Human Nature! We are Naturally Stubborn.

When u are Through with touring the ends of the Earth, u will come back to JESUS . That is where your Solution lies....

Did she mention she is not a believer? We need to move away from this one-track solution to everything.

There are people with similar cases suffering in churches today.

My advice is she goes to the government agencies in charge of welfare. There are also NGO's that are involved with such cases. They would give her professional advice; which is what she desperately needs.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by genesis4club: 1:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mizflo I believe you never make an attempt on how you will give yourself and your daughter a decent life, that's why you are scared of her following your paths, if you lives a decent life you don't have anything to be scared of your daughter, am even sad you are insisting on giving her away meaning you just want to push her off to be free, well I pray you take the right decision, am in and will also support no matter how little, but you need Christ in your life to ease your pains.
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by 99thEnemy(m): 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mizflo:
I think you and your Father should do a DNA test to show him beyond reasonable doubt that you are his daughter... Then if he still refuses to take you as his own, then it is clear he is just running away from his own responsiblities. What you are going through is really painful. God will see you through.
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by genesis4club: 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
TeraHawks:

Did she mention she is not a believer? We need to move away from this one-track solution to everything.

There are people with similar cases suffering in churches today.

My advice is she goes to the government agencies in charge of welfare. There are also NGO's that are involved with such cases. They would give her professional advice; which is what she desperately needs.

Best of luck

That's the best advice, personally I want to also assist but she needs to change her views about Christ, except she is not a Christian.
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by AlwaysMotun: 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
Please, seek God... Nothing is beyond Him
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
abdullahi45:

Convince us chief
Who is us? Go and carry her matter for head,Oga mi.
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by GumGum: 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
unclemaths:

You are an embittered soul in serious need of help.

Whao, you needed help and you actually said the quoted?!

Maybe all those talks about you were true by the way.

Haven't you read about Biblical Job? Joseph? Hanna? Sarah?

Please, don't add blasphemy to your issues.

Nothing do your daughter..
You are the one in serious need of help.

What solution did that person actually provide? You also have no solution to offer, so just keep quiet.

Is everybody a Christian?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
Well, I see no wrong in giving up a child for adoption. Every parent would like to give a better life to his/her child.

And that doesn't stop OP from praying herself out of the so called 'Evil Pattern'
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by spiralwedge(m): 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2020
queenitee:

Not everyone is your parent, your parents didn’t adopt them, so they don’t have any claim on them legally. My parents have people who grew up with us too, even before any of us were born. There were even two that it took years before I knew they were not my siblings, but my parents didn’t adopt them and so they have no legal
claim on them.

Adoption isn’t just a trivial issue. After adoption, they have full claim on the child. The child can’t decide to just leave one day(if they treat her wrong) because according to the law, they are the parents, there’s nothing anybody can do. If to say they are not adopting her, it’s a different issue because the child can leave at anytime if she feels maltreated or something, but once she’s adopted, she lose that right(except her adopted parents are good people who still let her have access to her biological mother.) That’s the issue. Not everyone is my parents or your parents, not everyone would do right by her. How would we be sure the adopted mother would do right by her?

So it’s not that we don’t want her being adopted, but how can we be so sure after adoption, the adopted parents won’t cut her off from her child’s life because believe me, they can and there’s nothing anyone can do legally because they are her parents.

If to say they would be like yours and my parents and just accept her into their house and take care of her without laying any claim on her, that would have been different.

You are the one who need think this through. Can the mother live with the fact that except the adopted parents says “Yes,” she can not say/do on her child?

It’s because we don’t know who are the really good people. Why don’t they just help her? It wasn’t like she wanted to give her up for adoption. Why don’t they just help her without adopting the child?

It’s not at all about reaping the fruit of her labour, we all don’t know tomorrow. Plus the child is one of the things that keeps her going. What if she gives her up and they deny her access to the child? What will happen to her? Do you know it can affect her mental health? How well does she knows the family that wants to adopt her child? Because they give her money sometimes or but her stuff doesn’t mean they would be the best after adoption.

Good morning

When you mentioned "laying claim of", I was already put off.
That's a Nigerian mentality we need to unlearn.

This issue isn't about claim, and adoption is not about claim. Science has so much developed that we are still talking about "claim" in 2020, really?. Nobody can drag the "claim" with a biological parent. Raising other people's children or adopting an orphan or unwanted child is not about claim, but rather a good cause. it's about giving opportunities to the less priviledge to thrive and become somebody in life. Adoption is about parenting, it is not about claim. I'm having to deal with a lot of twists on this issue as if it is a novel or a superstory novella. What legal implications are you talking about on a homeless single teen who can't even take care of herself?

Y'all should relax. There's no better alternative in her present predicament than to give the kid on adoption. Not only that, she has the opportunity to better herself. The other options I see is hawking pure water or prostitution. Which other options do you see?

But with the mentality of "claim", what for?

To collect bride price? To bank on the kids when you are pensioner? That's primitive thinking. If we take good opportunities life has to offer, we will thrive and end well and will not need to be parasitic on our children at old age. But we like to allow Africa Magic to becloud our thinking.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by ezugegere(m): 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mizflo:
Thanks everyone for your advice and words of encouragement I live in asaba I love my daughter so much more than anything in this world but I think she deserve better than me the reason I want to give her up for adoption is because she will be better off without me over there she will have both parents that will train and guide her to the right path something I never had the change to have so I want her to be greater than me because I don’t have anything good to offer her , I trust this aunty that will adopt her because she has helped me a lot in the past I know my daughter will be in a good place but I just don’t understand why am I having sleepless nights about giving her away I guess is normal for any mother that love her daughter to feel the same way I am feeling because it’s not easy for me to give her away but she had to go because I want her to be happy and I hope one day she will thanked me for making the right decisions for her. Thanks

What I notice is that you don't want help, you just want to push your daughter away so that you would be free. I'm really sad, very sad for the little girl. I pray for her that she find a good home. I wish I could have the opportunity to help her.
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by trumpcoat(m): 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mizflo:
Please I need your advice. I had created this account because I am well known here with my main account because I am always active and I want to remain anonymously.

Am 21 a single mum with 1 girl age 5 , her dad rejected me when I was pregnant he left when I was 4 months pregnant with her .

I had a difficult time growing up , my mum died when I was 8 years and my dad denied me claiming my mum had cheated on him and there’s no way I could be his daughter.

My aunty who was supposed to care for me had never bothered about me , she was always out leaving me in the house all alone without food , whenever I complains she will beat me telling me to go to my mum graveyard to ask her for assistance.

I have suffered in the hand of my aunty she didn’t care about my education if I have managed to complete my primary school till jss2 was thanks to this aunty who was a teacher at my school and a good friend of my mum , she sponsored me , And when I was 14 my aunty landlord kicked her out of the house because of rent arrears she said I am the enemy of progress she cant take me to her boyfriend house because he won’t accept me to stay there that I should go and look for a place , I cried and pleaded with her to take me along with her but she refuse I beg her to show me where my dad is she said he will not accept me because he hated my mum but I beg her to take me to him .

She took me to him it was my first time seeing him I looked just like him with one eye big one small but he insulted the hell out of us saying he will never accept me because my mum was a cheater she had so many boyfriends that I should ask her who my real father is but my aunty insisted that my mum had told her before she passed on that he was my dad even taught I resembled him still he denied and kicked us out like we were dogs I cried and my aunty was angry because of the insult so she left me all alone in the street but later came to me .
Since that day my life situation has worsened because I was forced to stay with different people where I was being abused , my baby dad came as a guardian angel to my life he took care of everything i needed by promising me heaven on Earth I taught he will get me out of my hard situations but I was wrong i find out he was married with kids I was heartbroken because I didn’t want to live the same lifestyle as my mum had lived but history has repeated itself just like my mother had me with a married man but she knew he was married but me I didn’t know , but it was too late for me to moved on because I was already pregnant for him and I didn’t want to abort my baby I have decide to continue the relationship but when I was 4 months pregnant he left me and blocked me from all his contacts , this is the man that has never bothered to asked about his child for 5 years now..

My little girl dont even know her dad the same way I did not know mine until
I was 14 which break my heart anytime I think about it.

My daughter and I are staying with my madam the lady tat I serve her for now 3 years but things here hasn’t been easy for us because my madam children don’t like me they keep accusing of things I don’t do like I stole their money , clothes and many more before my madam was telling them to stop with their bad attitudes towards me but I have noticed that whenever they had accused me she start getting angry with me sometimes we can go days without her not talking to me which I think I have overstayed and I am not longer wanted here I want to leave this house and to go and hustle but I feared for my daughter because I don’t want her to end up like me.

If I leave this house we will be on the street for a long time till I will be able to get somewhere else to stay with her also I don’t think I can give her the best education because if she stay with me she will end up being a teen mother just like I did something I don’t want to happen to her and I came across someone who’s willing to help me by taking care of my daughter to give her the best life something that I have always wanted for her , she promised to take care of her till university and she will give me the money to rent a room and start up business she said she will take things to the right direction like adoption but I don’t know how she will do it because I have no idea that I will have to sign up papers for agreement i have agreed because I think is really a good opportunity for me even taught I have accepted but sometimes I am getting worried about giving her my daughter I am having sleepless nights and thinking all nights.

I am just tired of living this life I didn’t ask to be born my parents created me and now I am suffering from their mistakes something I didn’t consented and I don’t want my daughter to suffer because of my mistake I think giving her up for adoption is a good thing , but I don’t know if I am doing the right things.

please no insult what is your advice for me.

Thanks
There's no need for adoption,call this number, I run a school let's see how we can figure this out together 08028287950
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Hathor5(f): 2:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
It would help.

InSanety:

This is what I have in mind.

If she can work out something like partial adoption.

Let it be that she still has access to the child, even if the child is with another family.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by trumpcoat(m): 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
I can feel your pain,you need help urgently,call this number, I run a school let's see how we can help both of you,08028287950
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by nizelgirl(f): 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2020
If the woman promise to help you like you said must she adopt your daughter? Can't she just offer the help without the adoption because all that is glitter are not gold. Just as others have suggested you can contact any NGO for help and also locate a Bible believing church and start. Everything will soon fall back to normal but don't give her out because you may never see her again. And finally whether you believe me or not you really need Jesus.
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Peacefulness: 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
Where are you based, can I get your contact?
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by BlackfireX: 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mizflo:

Thanks for the advice. I have lost faith in Jesus because if he was there I wouldn’t have been suffering like this . I don’t want to look for him because he has never care about me and I don’t want to know him

There is what they call evil pattern it needs to be broken..
You need Jesus ... I will advice you fall on his feet,.this may run into years in this battle but I can assure you... You will smile at the end

The battle starts now.... Against evil pattern

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by kroger: 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mizflo:

Dont give her out for adoption.. send me an email. Juniorsecond1@gmail.com.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Slimsly100(f): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hmmm!!! embarassed : cry cry
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by babaireti(m): 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
Righteousness89:
I will be Very Frank with you!

Until the Root Cause of a Problem is Tackled, one might keep Going in Circles. And also using Basket to Fetch Water..

The Same Pattern of your Mum is Exactly what Happened to you.

Its time for you to treat that issue..

It does not look like what can be done by Power.

My Advice to you is to Seek For GENUIE Bible Believing Church. Go there, Surrender to JESUS Completely and Let HIM Work on you..

You need to be Soaked in God to Break Certain yokes and Patterns..

Once the Root Cause is Sorted, other things will Fall in Place..

You want the Pastors to have their own taste of apple ,or you dont know that the Pastors are now the lead rapist in recent times
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by queenitee(f): 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
spiralwedge:

When you mentioned "laying claim of", I was already put off.
That's a Nigerian mentality we need to unlearn.

This issue isn't about claim, and adoption is not about claim. Science has so much developed that we are still talking about "claim" in 2020, really?. Nobody can drag the "claim" with a biological parent. Raising other people's children or adopting an orphan or unwanted child is not about claim, but rather a good cause. it's about giving opportunities to the less priviledge to thrive and become somebody in life. Adoption is about parenting, it is not about claim. I'm having to deal with a lot of twists on this issue as if it is a novel or a superstory novella. What legal implications are you talking about on a homeless single teen who can't even take care of herself?

Y'all should relax. There's no better alternative in her present predicament than to give the kid on adoption. Not only that, she has the opportunity to better herself. The other options I see is hawking pure water or prostitution. Which other options do you see?

But with the mentality of "claim", what for?

To collect bride price? To bank on the kids when you are pensioner? That's primitive thinking. If we take good opportunities life has to offer, we will thrive and end well and will not need to be parasitic on our children at old age. But we like to allow Africa Magic to becloud our thinking.
Adopting shouldn’t be about cutting the child off from the biological parents but that depends on the family who adopted the child. Which was why I asked about how well she knows the family.

And no where did I mention for her to keep the child due to future gains/ fruits of her labour because like I said earlier, nobody knows tomorrow. What if she didn’t even live to reap that fruit? It is about how if and when she gives up her child for adoption, it will be to which kind of family? About how well she knows the family that will be adopting her child.

Like I said and still saying, the human mind is filled with wickedness, adopting the child doesn’t mean they would treat the child right.

My concern isn’t about giving the child up for adoption but about how well she knows the family that would adopt the child and if she can cope with what comes out of giving her child up for adoption.

And the claim I was talking about has nothing to do about bride price or taking care of her when she becomes a pensioner because right now, I’m thinking of a little child and not an adult who’s old enough to get married or have a job. The claim extends to many other areas that has nothing to do with marriage or work.

“ Adoption is the process through which a person — the adoptive parent — assumes permanent legal responsibility for a child. Adoption requires the biological parents (the ones responsible for the birth of the child) to give up their legal right to custody of their child. Once an adoption is finalized, the adoptive parent is the legal parent of the child. There's no legal difference between an adopted child and one who is born into a biological family.” this is what I’m talking about right here. Except you are lucky in the family who adopted your child, through adoption you have given your legal right to custody of your child and if the adopted parent says “No,” it is “No” legally. This is the claim I’m talking about.

“ Adoption is a process whereby a person assumes the parenting of another, usually a child, from that person's biological or legal parent or parents. Legal adoptions permanently transfer all rights and responsibilities, along with filiation, from the biological parent or parents.” I think you are the one who needs to read up on adoption and get what I’m saying, and then understand it has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with being a Nigerian mentality.

So is she ready to accept that the adopted family might refuse her somethings and legally, there’s nothing she can do because they are the legal parents? So my claim has nothing to do with the benefits she might get from the child later in future because right now, I’m thinking of the child as just a child and not an adult, I’m actually more concerned about her and how she’s ready to cope after the adoption.

And like I said, everyone isn’t your parents, so we can’t say everyone would be good to kids that are not theirs. The reality of life is everyone has the tendency to be wicked and not everyone would keep this tendency in check. So the question is still, “how well does she know the adoptive parents?” It’s a different issue if it’s that they would help her raise the child without adopting her, at least then she still has the legal right to her child and can take her at anytime she so pleases.

So I know what I’m talking about and no, it’s not African Magic that beclouded my thinking

Adoption is a good cause but only when you are adopted by the right people.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by earnit3: 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
Clownn
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Stargner: 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2020
Olatara:
I don't ascribe to Foster family, they can be wicked at times. Adoption is better.

I don't subscribe to any for you. A well funded NGO can train and give you start up items.
What's your location?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Man Impregnates Sister-In-Law In Lagos. His Wife Got Impregnated By Another Man / Unidentified Girl Spotted In Port Harcourt. Who Can Identify Her Please? (Photos / My Wife Is Using Excuses To Abandon Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.