Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption (51288 Views)

My Husband Kicked Me Out After A DNA Test Revealed He Wasn’t My Daughter Dad / Doting Nigerian Dad Makes His Daughter Up For Her School Party / Lady Travels To The US To Give Birth, Dumps Husband, Gives Child Up For Adoption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by frozen70(f): 8:24am On Aug 16, 2020
Mizflo:
Please I need your advice. I had created this account because I am well known here with my main account because I am always active and I want to remain anonymously
Am 21 a single mum with 1 girl age 5 , her dad rejected me when I was pregnant he left when I was 4 months pregnant with her .

I had a difficult time growing up , my mum died when I was 8 years and my dad denied me claiming my mum had cheated on him and there’s no way I could be his daughter.
My aunty who was supposed to care for me had never bothered about me , she was always out leaving me in the house all alone without food , whenever I complains she will beat me telling me to go to my mum graveyard to ask her for assistance.
I have suffered in the hand of my aunty she didn’t care about my education if I have managed to complete my primary school till jss2 was thanks to this aunty who was a teacher at my school and a good friend of my mum , she sponsored me , And when I was 14 my aunty landlord kicked her out of the house because of rent arrears she said I am the enemy of progress she cant take me to her boyfriend house because he won’t accept me to stay there that I should go and look for a place , I cried and pleaded with her to take me along with her but she refuse I beg her to show me where my dad is she said he will not accept me because he hated my mum but I beg her to take me to him .
She took me to him it was my first time seeing him I looked just like him with one eye big one small but he insulted the hell out of us saying he will never accept me because my mum was a cheater she had so many boyfriends that I should ask her who my real father is but my aunty insisted that my mum had told her before she passed on that he was my dad even taught I resembled him still he denied and kicked us out like we were dogs I cried and my aunty was angry because of the insult so she left me all alone in the street but later came to me .
Since that day my life situation has worsened because I was forced to stay with different people where I was being abused , my baby dad came as a guardian angel to my life he took care of everything i needed by promising me heaven on Earth I taught he will get me out of my hard situations but I was wrong i find out he was married with kids I was heartbroken because I didn’t want to live the same lifestyle as my mum had lived but history has repeated itself just like my mother had me with a married man but she knew he was married but me I didn’t know , but it was too late for me to moved on because I was already pregnant for him and I didn’t want to abort my baby I have decide to continue the relationship but when I was 4 months pregnant he left me and blocked me from all his contacts , this is the man that has never bothered to asked about his child for 5 years now..
My little girl dont even know her dad the same way I did not know mine until
I was 14 which break my heart anytime I think about it.
My daughter and I are staying with my madam the lady tat I serve her for now 3 years but things here hasn’t been easy for us because my madam children don’t like me they keep accusing of things I don’t do like I stole their money , clothes and many more before my madam was telling them to stop with their bad attitudes towards me but I have noticed that whenever they had accused me she start getting angry with me sometimes we can go days without her not talking to me which I think I have overstayed and I am not longer wanted here I want to leave this house and to go and hustle but I feared for my daughter because I don’t want her to end up like me.
If I leave this house we will be on the street for a long time till I will be able to get somewhere else to stay with her also I don’t think I can give her the best education because if she stay with me she will end up being a teen mother just like I did something I don’t want to happen to her and I came across someone who’s willing to help me by taking care of my daughter to give her the best life something that I have always wanted for her , she promised to take care of her till university and she will give me the money to rent a room and start up business she said she will take things to the right direction like adoption but I don’t know how she will do it because I have no idea that I will have to sign up papers for agreement i have agreed because I think is really a good opportunity for me even taught I have accepted but sometimes I am getting worried about giving her my daughter I am having sleepless nights and thinking all nights.

I am just tired of living this life I didn’t ask to be born my parents created me and now I am suffering from their mistakes something I didn’t consented and I don’t want my daughter to suffer because of my mistake I think giving her up for adoption is a good thing , but I don’t know if I am doing the right things.

please no insult what is your advice for me.

Thanks

Hmmm, this is so painful but don't wallow on it else you can't take a drastic decision

It has happened, all you need is to move on with your daughter

Can I ask you a question, your baby daddy, so you know where he lives, do you have his contact details, if yes, it's time you ask him to take reasonability by taking his daughter in till you find your bearing or he gets a room accommodation for you and her then give you money to start any kind of trade

Alternatively, can you ask your pastor if you have one, to take custody of your child and ask the church to lend you money to start something doing and allow you to be sleeping in the church and keep your corner it neat till you find your bearing

At this stage of your life now, you must be humble and I repeat you must be humble to a fault

You must tolerate all insult and disgrace just for you to climb the ladder of life and success

You must be willing to serve people just to get favour especially within your church members

Don't be surprise your church members may decide to accommodate you and the church will agree to sponsor your trade

Any church members that accommodates you, be ready to be the house made in a very matured amd willing heart

When you serve people deligently, it moves their conscience to love you more and help you out

For now, seal your pussy and for get about the desires to have any form of relationship becomes any man coming to you now, is either coming to make worst your case or to give you temporary joy which will carry you away only to drop you when you list expected, that is if you don't become pregnant again

Rin to God, I mean run to God, he is the only one that will bring helper for you and give you peace of mind

Think about it

Then the issue of adopting your daughter out, is one thing I want you to think twice because it will not favour you

Adoptions are best form infancy and you take the money to find your level and forget the child

This your daughter is the only reason you are still happy having gone through hell on earth
Giving her out and knowing the family you are giving her to makes it worst for you because, it involves legal documents and you can't have her back for life

Unless it doesn't require paper work like involving a lawyer, then you can give her out, without any condition, that will enable you come back for her any time of your life and appreciate the family amd take her away

But if you will be tricked to sign any document, it's a no pls

That child has bonded so well with you that giving out that child will affect your entire life and you know what it means

Let's assume that you adopt out that child and never gets to meet another man who you will have kids for, then you are left with no child, wouldn't it be worst than anything

At this stage of your life, you have experienced hatred, so the best for you is to love yourself and be happy

Just think of what trade to go into, it could be selling of fruits, selling of soft drinks in busy markets, just anything that as little as 5000 can start. Most people selling those things I mentioned got there to patch up with life and nothing else

Once the church can allow you sleep there and pastor helps you take over your child, you will be fine

For now, Leave men alone and resist them because their own is to give you temporal joy that will end with tears

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by frozen70(f): 8:27am On Aug 16, 2020
uboma:

You are welcome Ma'am.

Good morning.

Good morning my dear
Her case is so pathetic but she must dust it and move on

I have contributed my advice

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Uniquewise: 8:51am On Aug 16, 2020
Squillaci:
Wow.
How come humans by default don't think of suicide?

Very senseless talk

@Op, Jesus didn't put you in the misery you have found yourself. The people in your life, starting from your late mum, your aunty, the perverted baby daddy, all have, by their actions and inactions, placed you in the shittt you are currently in. Add to all that, your own poor choice for sleeping with a man you're not married to.

So get up and determine to remedy all these evils already. The best place to start is to go that same Jesus you're ignorantly shunning. Truth be told, true help can only be found in Him.

By the way, that man that impregnated you should be arrested asap, for raping a minor (statutory rape), and for his negligence in taking care of the product of such heinous union. I hope someone on this forum can help OP manage the legal aspect of this matter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 16, 2020
Idk why people are mentioning rape when OP didn't. In her post it sounded like they were in a relationship, the sex was consensual but according to her he left her when she was pregnant. Teenagers do have consensual sex and teenage pregnancy is nothing new. Lil' Wayne's ex (now re-married) was pregnant with her first child at 15. I had to use this example since she's a popular figure but it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that teenagers have sex. What OP needs to do is track down her child's father, take him to court and collect child support from him, not make a rape accusation. If she had mentioned rape, that would be a different story.

OP, I'm sorry things haven't been easy. You can still take control of your life. Pls track down your child's father and have him contribute to his child's wellbeing. It's wicked of him to leave you while you were pregnant and not bother reaching you since. Thereafter, maybe find a single parent like yourself to marry? I wouldn't advice giving your daughter up for adoption but you do whatever is best for you. I wish you nothing but the best.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by uboma(m): 9:01am On Aug 16, 2020
@Mizflo,

Are you comfortable to share with me the contact details of the father of your child?

I will like to speak with him to see if he will have a change of mind to contribute towards the child's upkeep.

12 Likes

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by uboma(m): 9:02am On Aug 16, 2020
frozen70:

Good morning my dear
Her case is so pathetic but she must dust it and move on

I have contributed my advice

Thank you so much.
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:03am On Aug 16, 2020
ThothHermes:
They will not agree. The funny part is that her daughter will come and continue the cycle. Only Jesus can save her. She will go round and round till she's old otherwise and nothing will change.

She's has inherited a very negative spiritual climate. Even a person who is not related to her can come under her negativity if he's weak spiritually.

I have always had the thought that you are an "atheist". You give conflicting vibes.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by uboma(m): 9:04am On Aug 16, 2020
Ishilove:

Thank you dear.

Good morning.
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Heromaniaa: 9:10am On Aug 16, 2020
Mizflo:
Please I need your advice. I had created this account because I am well known here with my main account because I am always active and I want to remain anonymously
Am 21 a single mum with 1 girl age 5 , her dad rejected me when I was pregnant he left when I was 4 months pregnant with her .

I had a difficult time growing up , my mum died when I was 8 years and my dad denied me claiming my mum had cheated on him and there’s no way I could be his daughter.
My aunty who was supposed to care for me had never bothered about me , she was always out leaving me in the house all alone without food , whenever I complains she will beat me telling me to go to my mum graveyard to ask her for assistance.
I have suffered in the hand of my aunty she didn’t care about my education if I have managed to complete my primary school till jss2 was thanks to this aunty who was a teacher at my school and a good friend of my mum , she sponsored me , And when I was 14 my aunty landlord kicked her out of the house because of rent arrears she said I am the enemy of progress she cant take me to her boyfriend house because he won’t accept me to stay there that I should go and look for a place , I cried and pleaded with her to take me along with her but she refuse I beg her to show me where my dad is she said he will not accept me because he hated my mum but I beg her to take me to him .
She took me to him it was my first time seeing him I looked just like him with one eye big one small but he insulted the hell out of us saying he will never accept me because my mum was a cheater she had so many boyfriends that I should ask her who my real father is but my aunty insisted that my mum had told her before she passed on that he was my dad even taught I resembled him still he denied and kicked us out like we were dogs I cried and my aunty was angry because of the insult so she left me all alone in the street but later came to me .
Since that day my life situation has worsened because I was forced to stay with different people where I was being abused , my baby dad came as a guardian angel to my life he took care of everything i needed by promising me heaven on Earth I taught he will get me out of my hard situations but I was wrong i find out he was married with kids I was heartbroken because I didn’t want to live the same lifestyle as my mum had lived but history has repeated itself just like my mother had me with a married man but she knew he was married but me I didn’t know , but it was too late for me to moved on because I was already pregnant for him and I didn’t want to abort my baby I have decide to continue the relationship but when I was 4 months pregnant he left me and blocked me from all his contacts , this is the man that has never bothered to asked about his child for 5 years now..
My daughter and I are staying with my madam the lady tat I serve her for now 3 years but things here hasn’t been easy for us because my madam children don’t like me they keep accusing of things I don’t do like I stole their money , clothes and many more before my madam was telling them to stop with their bad attitudes towards me but I have noticed that whenever they had accused me she start getting angry with me sometimes we can go days without her not talking to me which I think I have overstayed and I am not longer wanted here I want to leave this house and to go and hustle but I feared for my daughter because I don’t want her to end up like me.
If I leave this house we will be on the street for a long time till I will be able to get somewhere else to stay with her also I don’t think I can give her the best education because if she stay with me she will end up being a teen mother just like I did something I don’t want to happen to her and I came across someone who’s willing to help me by taking care of my daughter to give her the best life something that I have always wanted for her , she promised to take care of her till university and she will give me the money to rent a room and start up business she said she will take things to the right direction like adoption but I don’t know how she will do it because I have no idea that I will have to sign up papers for agreement i have agreed because I think is really a good opportunity for me even taught I have accepted but sometimes I am getting worried about giving her my daughter I am having sleepless nights and thinking all nights.

I am just tired of living this life I didn’t ask to be born my parents created me and now I am suffering from their mistakes something I didn’t consented and I don’t want my daughter to suffer because of my mistake I think giving her up for adoption is a good thing , but I don’t know if I am doing the right things.

Thanks
If you want, I can adopt her for my aunt who is above 50 and childless.

13 Likes

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 16, 2020
I don’t even know what to say. I hope you get the help you seek. Pele

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2020
goldenboyofpsy:
How about your maternal family?

You will need a good lawyer possibly those legal aid or human rights lawyers who offer pro bono work to help you see the paperwork..

Secondly, how much of the woman do you know? Many things have gone wrong in our value system and opportunist is what we have mostly around us.. Try not to fall victim the second time.

Pray to deliver yourself from the curse your mum brought on you through her lifestyle so your daughter can have an edge in life so the circles don't continue...

Your baby father is playing with fire... He impregnated you as a minor which is punishable under the law of the land...

I thought I was the only one who picked that up. I can only imagine how much of a disgusting human being he must be

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 16, 2020
Op, I can only imagine how much of a difficult situation this is. You now have two options which is to either

1) give the child up for abortion. The best way to do this is by giving your child up LEGALLY. This is very important, as it's the safest way and you can be reassured (at least to some high extent) that your child will be in good hands

But since I can imagine this step being very difficult, especially since the child is already 5. You can also choose to

2) keep her. But to follow up with this, you have to be ready. You mentioned a madam you served. What exactly did you learn? Start from there, and maybe try to work on those skills, so you can make use of them and be there for your daughter

Also, don't be too harsh on yourself. We all make stupid decisions when young, it was absolutely disgusting of that man to have used that innocent naivety, but now is the time to act and not dwell too much on what has happened. If you don't want your daughter to go down that path, you have to act now.

Whatever your decision is, I wish you the very best ❤️

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by meetme01: 9:49am On Aug 16, 2020
I know you're going through alot and your head is damn full of the way forward. Ma'am, take a breath thrice after thinking to calm your nerves and mind down. You need to calm down.

See, it's a stage, you will overcome if only you take the right step and believe everything will work fine. What is the right step you ask

Good. You don't know your babby daddy's whereabout but you know someone that knows someone that knows him. I believe you should.

The background is faulty and going back to your family may worsen the case because that's where the problem lies. Seems you inherit a family that is peculiar with this same problem.

Therefore, as someone pointed, if you stay in Lagos, Oyo or Ogun, I am ready to assist with competent social workers who would take the issue up. Locate the man and give him options, he rather accept the child and provide all needs or reject and face the wrath of the law where he would be subjected to undergo DNA and if confirmed to be 99% related, he would pay heavily and take responsibility of you and your baby. That's the first step.

You have thought deeply and those around are comforting you with adoption. In as much as its a good idea, the flaws in it I won't expose due to SW principles. If you go by the way of adoption, you might) regret later in future you took that step. I know it's really hard and there must be a way forward. Anxiety would not solve the problem, rather patience and consistent hope.

It is face in life which you must confront with lots of prayers, hope and patience. It wil definitely going to be fine if only you calm down and open up to a competent social worker around you.

If you don't reside around the axis mentioned, avail me your State and if possible, I would link you up with one.

I would rather advice you locate the man's family by all means. That's the way forward. Let people (family, friends, relatives, concubines etc) around him know about the situation. They will locate him for you. Use all social media handles, all means to get his contact.

The last resort would be adoption after all means to locate him has been exhausted. Let adoption be out for now,please.

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by dingbang(m): 9:49am On Aug 16, 2020
First you want to put your daughter up for adoption

Second someone has come to offer you help, scholarship for your daughter up to university level and also to set u up for a business and give you a life

Think. Yes I can categorically tell you that you are doing the right thing for signing those papers and giving your daughter up for adoption .

It is the best decision you will ever make in your life. You can proceed please.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by tot(f): 10:14am On Aug 16, 2020
uboma:
This is a delicate and difficult case.

So sorry @Mizflo for what you are presently going through.

cc: tot

I.shilove,

F.rozen70,

Please can you offer some words of advice and encouragement to Mizflo.

Good morning.

I feel sad for the OP and all she's gone through. People have given her very good advice already.

I know it's not easy but my view is that she needs to let go of the past - the circumstances of her birth, what her Mum and Dad did, her babby daddy. We CAN'T change the past, and dwelling on it will just hold her back.

This is the time to focus on the way forward for her and her daughter. What skills can she learn? Which support group is around that she can approach? She mentioned she is active on NL, are there online courses she can take online? It's not going to be a walk in the park but it's certainly possible for diamond to emerge from the darkness of her life. I also think she needs to find her way back to God, on our own as humans there is only so much we can make happen. Wish you the best OP.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by frozen70(f): 10:30am On Aug 16, 2020
uboma:

Thank you so much.

Cheers
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by virginboy1(m): 10:38am On Aug 16, 2020
femi4:
Did you remember Jesus when you spread your leg for sex.

Coming from a self acclaimed Christian. Is this how to advice or persuade a depressed person to follow Christ?

Religious people like you in Nigeria are scams...Spits. undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Hathor5(f): 10:43am On Aug 16, 2020
fieryy:
Op, I can only imagine how much of a difficult situation this is. You now have two options which is to either

1) give the child up for abortion. The best way to do this is by giving your child up LEGALLY. This is very important, as it's the safest way and you can be reassured (at least to some high extent) that your child will be in good hands

But since I can imagine this step being very difficult, especially since the child is already 5. You can alsobchoose to

2) keep her. But to follow up with this, you have to be ready. You mentioned a madam you served. What exactly did you learn? Start from there, and maybe try to work on those skills, so you can make use of them and be there for your daughter

Also, don't be too harsh on yourself. We all make stupid decisions when young, it was absolutely disgusting of that man to have used that innocent naivety, but now is the time to act and not dwell too much on what has happened. If you don't want your daughter to go down that path, you have to act now.

Whatever your decision is, I wish you the very best ❤️

kiss kiss kiss

There might be a third option though. I have not read the thread, just saw your lovely comment and jumped in so I don't know where OP is located. But just in case it's Nigeria, is there a system in place that assigns foster parents to children of parents who can't temporarily take care of their kids for various reasons? This option would allow OP to have visiting rights and get the child back asap.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Stargner: 10:47am On Aug 16, 2020
Keeping your child for 5 years!
Trust me, you have done the hardest part . It can't be more difficult.

Seek out a good NGO . You will be fine.
What state do you reside?

Modified:
She will be your Family and True friend. Don't lose her.
You will be comforted.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by femi4: 10:52am On Aug 16, 2020
virginboy1:

Coming from a self acclaimed Christian. Is this how to advice or persuade a depressed person to follow Christ?

Religious people like you in Nigeria are scams...Spits. undecided
Follow Christ? She already blamed her woe on Christ. You cannot follow who you believed is the cause of your predicament

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by oazeez1991(m): 11:20am On Aug 16, 2020
Different advise has been given nd I wud agree with most, especially d aspect of seeking d intervention of social group or human right services in calling d baby daddy 2 order nd do d needful. It obvious he took advantage of d Op situation nd felt he cud go scotfree afta such act. Shud dey are able 2 locate him, I bliv he wud cooperate cos he wudn't want 2 face d consequence dat cud follow his actions.

Adoption shud just be left out of d picture as it wud only give a temporary soothing, but it wud kom back 2 hunt Op in future, even d said child wud be disappointed shud she kom of age nd learn abt her life story even thou Op myt av done it 4 her betterment.

@dose who took dia time bashing d Op nd been harsh wif dia words just cos d Op expresses her feelings of how she felt abt religion, I'd like 2 put in dis, 'He who haven't been to a battlefield before cannot know the cost of shedding blood to attain victory', d circumstances surrounding d Op is so pathetic, getin 2 experience ol those @ a tender age, thou she shudn't av said wat she said religious wise, but we shud know her situation has gotten d best of her. Wat we need is persuade nd encourage her 2 seek God nd ask 4 His forgiveness, den turn 2 Him 4 solution as He is the only One who can help her in dis situation, no other. She need empathy, nd not harsh submission.

@Op, in as much as u r in position 2 mk d final decision on d subject matter, just know dat, whatever decision u mk at d end wud either MAKE U or MAR U, so be wise abt ur resolution, nd above ol, never forsake nor blame God 4 ur situation or turn an atheist cos of ur situation, remember urs is neva d worst, dia r people in situation which are far worst dan urs, still, dey neva give up on God cos dey know only Him cud heal ol wounds nd solve problems.

May He guide u right nd change ur situation 4 gud.

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by UnclePrincipal(m): 11:30am On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

I Have Given the Solution..

You can Keep touring up and down .. That's Human Nature! We are Naturally Stubborn.

When u are Through with touring, u will come back..

Guy you're really mentally sick. You better check yourself in. This is not ordinary again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by UnclePrincipal(m): 11:32am On Aug 16, 2020
femi4:
Did you remember Jesus when you spread your leg for sex.

If your mother did, we wouldn't have a nuisance like you roaming nairaland. angry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by uboma(m): 11:36am On Aug 16, 2020
Hathor5:

kiss kiss kiss

There might be a third option though. I have not read the thread, just saw your lovely comment and jumped in so I don't know where OP is located. But just in case it's Nigeria, is there a system in place that assigns foster parents to children of parents who can't temporarily take care of their kids for various reasons? This option would allow OP to have visiting rights and get the child back asap.

Good news.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by uboma(m): 11:37am On Aug 16, 2020
Good morning Tot,

Thank you
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by femi4: 11:39am On Aug 16, 2020
UnclePrincipal:

If your mother did, we wouldn't have a nuisance like you roaming nairaland. angry
A product of illegal sex.....We noticed you as well

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by tot(f): 11:42am On Aug 16, 2020
uboma:
Good morning Tot,

Thank you

Good morning Uboma, thanks for drawing attention to the thread. Happy Sunday.
Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by UnclePrincipal(m): 11:45am On Aug 16, 2020
femi4:
A product of illegal sex.....We noticed you as well

You're certainly born stupid or did you inherit it from your father?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by mutter(f): 11:49am On Aug 16, 2020
If she really wants to help you why adoption?
She can foster the child and help you.
It is wrong to desire to adopt a child that the mother still wants .
That person does not have your child's interest at hand.
A child has a right to know their adopted parents.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Bloghomies(m): 11:55am On Aug 16, 2020
This is Nigeria, and I won't advise giving up your daughter, no matter how hard things are now.

Your problem now is money, and the question you should be asking is: how does a single mother with no former education make money?

I've seen illiterates managing real estate and doing importation business.

See, not going to school doesn't mean anything. The most important thing is education, and gladly you can get this anywhere.

Acquire a skill, struggle, and look for a way to stand for yourself.

Never give up on your daughter, cause some decisions cannot be taken back.

18 years from now, you might regret..

Look for how to acquire a skill, start a business, and gradually stand.

It won't be easy, trust me. But it will be worth the sacrifice. It's true that you're a woman, I've seen women accomplish bigger things than men.

It isn't over for you. Your story isn't finished yet.

Wear a smile, and know that there are billions of people in worse situations.

If there is one thing you should be grateful for, it's this beautiful gift you have.

Your daughter should even be the reason why you should fight harder to survive. The moment you give her up, you will feel lost.

The lady that wants to adopt her. Her story sounds too good. When something sound too good to be true, please run.

Humans are deceitful and wicked. I remember growing up, how my aunt took my sister after promising heaven and earth.

She didn't even enroll her in any school. I'm sure you've seen how people maltreat kids that aren't theirs.

We see such stories every day on Facebook and Nairaland.

There are still good people, but it isn't worth the gamble.

If my aunt could maltreat her niece, imagine what a stranger could do.

I beg you in the name of everything you believe in, don't give up on your daughter.

Cc: Mizflo

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 16, 2020
Mizflo:

Thanks

Your daughter won't suffer, please where are you? Can we talk more about the adoption?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption by meetme01: 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
mutter:

If she really wants to help you why adoption?

She can foster the child and help you.
It is wrong to desire to adopt a child that the mother still wants .
That person does not have your child's interest at hand.
A child has a right to know their adopted parents.

She's using her vulnerability and young age against her.

You points are awesome. That's one of the reason why I said, adoption should be the last resort.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Unidentified Girl Spotted In Port Harcourt. Who Can Identify Her Please? (Photos / Man Impregnates Sister-In-Law In Lagos. His Wife Got Impregnated By Another Man / My Wife Is Using Excuses To Abandon Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.