Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja (25766 Views)

Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf Demolishes Buildings Approved By Ganduje (Video) / Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) / Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Aristo3146(m): 5:30am On Aug 16, 2020
Nukilia:
The only way out is for those affected to go back to their village...
What if their villages have already been raided and plundered by fulani herdsmen
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by frank202012: 5:33am On Aug 16, 2020
brainhgeek:
I agree that the affected parties should be relocated and compensated but if you know Apo and Mpape well, you will know that those places shouldn't be in Abuja. That is the home to hoodlums and ganglords of Abuja. Especially Mpape and that town called Maraba which borders Abuja and nasarawa

oga keep shut......

1 Like

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Nobody: 5:33am On Aug 16, 2020
A fascist nation indeed but what do I care. Let the injustice continue, then maybe the slave herd will understand that it is time to start thinking for themselves.
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Omihanifa: 5:33am On Aug 16, 2020
Like joke like joke this ikharo Attah don dey turn the new el-rufai for Abuja o

First he was made the FCDA task force chairman on covid19

Now again he's now the chairman FCDA task force on city sanitation grin
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by cockcrowatdawn(m): 5:33am On Aug 16, 2020
post=92869413:

[s]Without prior notice?
If this is true, which is highly unlikely tho...
Then some lawyers should start preparing for some high pro bono cases.
[/s]

We CONCUR.
[s]We saying the same thing in different writings.
That is why some good lawyers have to come in
hope you read that part of our post also?
This is how it is done in sane Climes.[/s]
Lawyers to come in and do what?
Against the government of your darling daddy?
This boy are you okay at all?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 16, 2020
This is not the right time to do this in this country, but what do you expect of a Nation that care not about it's citizens.

Nonsense country
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by tribalmall: 5:37am On Aug 16, 2020
thesicilian:
I don't think there's any other democratic country in the world where the government demolishes the property of indigenes without appropriate compensation and relocation strategies.
Appopriate compensation on a shanty without legal documentation. Pls don't be silly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by darfay: 5:44am On Aug 16, 2020
Esseite:
Nigeria needs to increase the spending power of the rich and average, so it trickles down faster to the poor...

The only and fastest way is creating a credit card system that works, outright purchase of non-perishable goods should be banned, that way most are not withholding money in large bulk from rotation, it would create a forced retain of foreign exchange because of the stipulated expense spread.

- The banks get taxable commissions on transactions.
- The credit card companies creates employments on population management.
- The repo teams create employments..
- Creates room for more patronage alongside forced production..
- it would discourage importation, while creating internal production because payment spread disadvantage importing..
- Less crime (get rich or die trying).. etc
- The sellers would be insured by the credit card coys on losses and late payments..
- Low income jobs would be better appreciated and no longer dispised which leads to less crime..

Is like you want to give yahoo boys new job abi
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Nobody: 5:46am On Aug 16, 2020
brainhgeek:
I agree that the affected parties should be relocated and compensated but if you know Apo and Mpape well, you will know that those places shouldn't be in Abuja. That is the home to hoodlums and ganglords of Abuja. Especially Mpape and that town called Maraba which borders Abuja and nasarawa

You see, I have to disagree. The major cities of the world have areas where low income people live. Usually, because the governments develop the high income areas and neglect the low income areas, we end up with slums.
In the USA, they call them inner cities and the rich folks go to the suburbs. In Nigeria, the rich live in the central area and relegate the poor to the outskirts.
My point: where do the drivers, cooks, assistants, personal staff and low income workers who make the city function live? In the slums. How do you advocate that the same government that didn't develop the slum outskirts should eradicate them? Rather, they should be rejuvenated. Urban renewal, widening the roads (in which case poorly built or located buildings can be removed), building drainages, enforcement of proper layout, drilling water supply boreholes and providing electricity, police stations and hospitals. You will see the crime rate drop like a stone.

4 Likes

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Enemyofpeace: 5:51am On Aug 16, 2020
Government of the useless for the useless
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Mrpojj(m): 5:52am On Aug 16, 2020
whirlwind7:

Did you read where it said the displaced residents are the original natives of the FCT? That place is their village. Abuja is their village!

Nigeria is built on so many layers of injustice, which you may not understand, until it happens to you.

Am telling you many will not understand till it happens to them
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by sonnie10: 5:58am On Aug 16, 2020
darfay:

You don’t even understand what he is talking about.

1 Like

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by EdiskyHarry: 5:59am On Aug 16, 2020
Hmmm, this is the highest level of wickedness.
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by klever18(m): 6:02am On Aug 16, 2020
Omihanifa:
Like joke like joke this ikharo Attah don dey turn the new el-rufai for Abuja o

First he was made the FCDA task force chairman on covid19

Now again he's now the chairman FCDA task force on city sanitation grin

he is still the chairman task force on traffic eradication
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by legionISproteus: 6:06am On Aug 16, 2020
Unlike most Nigerian cities, Abuja has a master plan which must be strictly adhered to when building roads, bridges and houses

Government does not wake up one day to demolish infrastructures. The occupants and their leaders (if any) of said areas must have been notified by government weeks or sometimes months before the exercise, but either due to the stubborn nature of the people or the criminal nature of whoever has been illegally collecting rent from the occupants, the place remains un-evacuated. Sometimes more people are brought in until the place becomes a slum and hotspot for crime.

Now government takes action and you are forming Osun defender on the internet.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Wettoid123: 6:08am On Aug 16, 2020
we are doomed to suffer we voted them in!
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Nobody: 6:13am On Aug 16, 2020
brightdestiny96:

These are Gbagyi guys and this is their village. They are the indigenous people of the FCT.

Stop falling for lies. Illegal structures and shacks were erected there and not proper homes. FYI about a months notice or more was given.
Guys that sell used cars and others had moved their wares a month ago, which is proof that enough time was given to them to relocate.

They weren’t natives, neither were there 100 homes there.

I pass there almost every day. The news has carefully been sensationalized.

I sympathize with them regardless, it’s not easy to be chased out of your home at that hour

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by RapistOnBail: 6:19am On Aug 16, 2020
cool

This is good. Poor dirty citizens causing hell of nuisance and pollution.

The government need to channel this same energy to the slums of Kubwa and Mararaba.

Poor people have no say in this life. undecided
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Iceberg3: 6:22am On Aug 16, 2020
Buhari never forgave these people cos they didn't vote for him.

As for others who are Psy baba mentals, welcome to change continues.

At this hard bad pandemic time
What a zoo nation!
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by brainhgeek(m): 6:22am On Aug 16, 2020
brightdestiny96:

You see, I have to disagree. The major cities of the world have areas where low income people live. Usually, because the governments develop the high income areas and neglect the low income areas, we end up with slums.
In the USA, they call them inner cities and the rich folks go to the suburbs. In Nigeria, the rich live in the central area and relegate the poor to the outskirts.
My point: where do the drivers, cooks, assistants, personal staff and low income workers who make the city function live? In the slums. How do you advocate that the same government that didn't develop the slum outskirts should eradicate them? Rather, they should be rejuvenated. Urban renewal, widening the roads (in which case poorly built or located buildings can be removed), building drainages, enforcement of proper layout, drilling water supply boreholes and providing electricity, police stations and hospitals. You will see the crime rate drop like a stone.
I can't disagree with you but in a country where the government is in comatose and citizens are lawless, expect zero development and high crime rates. I lived in Abuja and I can testify against those places I mentioned. They qualify as the most notorious cities in Nigeria, especially maraba
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by kingreign(m): 6:25am On Aug 16, 2020
post=92869413:

[s]Without prior notice?
If this is true, which is highly unlikely tho...
Then some lawyers should start preparing for some high pro bono cases. [/s]

We CONCUR.
We saying the same thing in different writings.
That is why some good lawyers have to come in
hope you read that part of our post also?
This is how it is done in sane Climes.

It's a well known fact that you're an amazing ïďïot. Keep on being an ïďïot that you are.

3 Likes

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 16, 2020
darfay:

What would be the point of yahoo when a taxi driver can own a home and choice car?

If the yahoo guy steals monies, the ban on outright purchase still puts him on same level like his peers, the only difference would be "no work history" which in turn triggers suspicion on wealth amassed.. alongside, a peg on cash withdrawals and transfers which would push him to purchase of traceable, trackable and reposesable goods..

2 Likes

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by itoba4real(m): 6:31am On Aug 16, 2020
unclemaths:
Did this happen in Ghana?
ghana is more sane than ur clueless govt
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Sunoh: 6:32am On Aug 16, 2020
Please sir am interested in this forex but don't know how to go about it.need help.

Immanuel01:
For making an attempt to demolish their houses, I think they should also make an attempt for an alternative for them...if not I think this is a cruel act.

If you know those who are affected there, PLZzz refer them to me, I WILL TEACH THEM FOREX TRADING FOR FREE, and they would be never go broke again.

Plz check my signature.
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by itoba4real(m): 6:35am On Aug 16, 2020
frank202012:

oga keep shut......
Dont mind him.he needs to be castreted
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Teejay13(m): 6:41am On Aug 16, 2020
Adding more salt to peoples suffering and why must it be coming in times like this?

This ain't fair!

Hope the affected victims be compensated for
their lost though sha!

Una good morning NL

also for Cheap, quality and clean laptops kindly patronize a brother.

For more enquiry contact us via 07038517455
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by itoba4real(m): 6:45am On Aug 16, 2020
RapistOnBail:
cool

This is good. Poor dirty citizens causing hell of nuisance and pollution.

The government need to channel this same energy to the slums of Kubwa and Mararaba.

Poor people have no say in this life. undecided
I am sorry to say that u are poor poorer poorest of all
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Enyimbamercedes: 6:46am On Aug 16, 2020
Well... this is tough

Thing is; they were warned, the buildings were marked but trust us, we will always say “na so dem Dey do”. No matter how long the government gives for people to evacuate, there will be those who will stay!
On the other hand, housing is not affordable and the government is not doing much about this. They give allocation for next to nothing to developers, developers start building mansions as if we do not have enough of those.

People are then left with living in illegal settlements.

This year go rugged oooo

3 Likes

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by iswallker(m): 6:50am On Aug 16, 2020
[s]
Immanuel01:
For making an attempt to demolish their houses, I think they should also make an attempt for an alternative for them...if not I think this is a cruel act.

If you know those who are affected there, PLZzz refer them to me, I WILL TEACH THEM FOREX TRADING FOR FREE, and they would be never go broke again.

Plz check my signature.
[/s]

You get sense at all.. undecided
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Dpharisee: 6:51am On Aug 16, 2020
The irony is that the Chairman of the Task Force Ikharo Attah made his name by fighting and constantly abusing the government for this kind of action as a journalist in ITV Abuja, now that same job has been given to him by the Fulani Minister of FCT and he goes around harassing Pastors with Bible verses as they enforce Covid19 lockdown.
Give me power and you will know the true person he is, he wants to contain the spread of Coronavirus by displacing people at this time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Building Collapses In UNIZIK, Awka, Anambra State (Photos) / Room For Rent, No Agent Fee / How Well Do You Know Some Land Documents And Titles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.