Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja (25765 Views)

Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf Demolishes Buildings Approved By Ganduje (Video) / Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) / Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Cti28(m): 7:48am On Aug 16, 2020
[s]
post=92871604:

For you too,
K!
If that is the way your brain interpreted our comment to you.
Then we can't help your reasoning and we owe you no further explanation
So again : K!
[/s]
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by oglalasioux(m): 7:56am On Aug 16, 2020
For those who don't know Abuja, Apo Nepa is not a suburb. The shanties share common area with the posh National Assembly Quatres. That place is an eyesore. I drove past when this demolition was going on and every single house demolished was built with mud; in the middle of the city!

The indigenous people saying they are being maltreated are not saying the truth. I know they've been warned since 2016 to leave that place. Government has, as far as the 1980s, relocated all Abuja indigenous people to places like Kubwa and compensations paid to them.

Defacing our National Capital this way is not good. This is how Lagos was defaced which was one of the reasons the federal capital was moved to Abuja in the first place.

6 Likes

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by sapientia(m): 7:57am On Aug 16, 2020
Just as covid saga is on
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by adecz: 8:03am On Aug 16, 2020
These are shanties not "houses"!!

APC, Welldone!!
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:03am On Aug 16, 2020
oglalasioux:
For those who don't know Abuja, Apo Nepa is not a suburb. The shanties share common area with the posh National Assembly Quatres. That place is an eyesore. I drove past when this demolition was going on and every single house demolished was built with mud; in the middle of the city!

The indigenous people saying they are being maltreated are not saying the truth. I know they've been warned since 2016 to leave that place. Government has, as far as the 1980s, relocated all Abuja indigenous people to places like Kubwa and compensations paid to them.

Defacing our National Capital this way is not good. This is how Lagos was defaced which was one of the reasons the federal capital was moved to Abuja in the first place.
But they say they have not been warned.
We don't know what to believe here.
Anyways, The government is supposed to give them an escape route in all these, to let them know they care.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by juman(m): 8:05am On Aug 16, 2020
Sad.
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by senatorfc(m): 8:13am On Aug 16, 2020
oloriburuku, masafani ni gbogbo won.
They cant fight book haram, they can demolish Sambisa forest. hmmmmmm
Is this a country......?
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Missionaire: 8:14am On Aug 16, 2020
Nukilia:
The only way out is for those affected to go back to their village...

Which village?
Abuja is their "village".
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Missionaire: 8:17am On Aug 16, 2020
oglalasioux:

You're very right.
Intact, most of the indigenes that were relocated and compensated sold the lands that were given them at Kubwa and Airport road and returned back to the places where they were relocated from.

All these Gbagyi people sef.

2 Likes

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Enculer: 8:21am On Aug 16, 2020
the islamic zoo called nigger area.
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Dasgoro: 8:32am On Aug 16, 2020
Abuja indigenous people compensations

1. They built houses for them in that same Apo resettlement

2. They tell them to collect as much as 500k for a standard government plot as long as it was their farm lands... So they plant all manners of trees that some people even have to pay as much as 2 million to settle them.

3. They are given a certain part of their land to build...

4. They are easily employed in the FG ministries... Etc

WHAT THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU

1. They sell their lands and even the roads to people...

2. They leave their land, and strrt selling the government allocated lands and roads...

FOR THE PEOPLE THAT RENT OR BUY THOSE LANDS

1. They know it was unapproved land, even Churches these days buy them and build using arranged bricks...

2. Some people prefer to build, and calculate that they can stay there for at least five years before the demolition get to them. This they feel is better than using twice the amount to rent.

3. The temporarity is the reason people build shabby structures there.

4. Many people want to live close to their work place, if not there are government /estates lands as low as 500k.

FINALLY.

Shanties are majorly responsible for the domestic crimes in Abuja.

Do not mind this people, they were adequately warned.

I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I HAVE RENTED A HOUSE THAT WAS DEMOLISHED IN THE PAST.

4 Likes

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by donprinyo(m): 8:33am On Aug 16, 2020
the question should be , what did de government do before taking this inhumane action?
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by guy222: 8:41am On Aug 16, 2020
Nukilia:
dont comment on what you dont know, please do you know any village of a Gbagi man, be inform that Apo, gbagbalada, lupe and most cities in Abuja was and still a village or traditional home of a true gbagi man

1 Like

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by almarthins(m): 8:54am On Aug 16, 2020
slickbak:
Craziest of all, this demolition begun like 3am to make sure ppl are just overwhelmed, demoralised and helpless. May God help those affected.

Extremely wicked
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 16, 2020
Dasgoro:
Abuja indigenous people compensations

1. They built houses for them in that same Apo resettlement

2. They tell them to collect as much as 500k for a standard government plot as long as it was their farm lands... So they plant all manners of trees that some people even have to pay as much as 2 million to settle them.

3. They are given a certain part of their land to build...

4. They are easily employed in the FG ministries... Etc

WHAT THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU

1. They sell their lands and even the roads to people...

2. They leave their land, and strrt selling the government allocated lands and roads...

FOR THE PEOPLE THAT RENT OR BUY THOSE LANDS

1. They know it was unapproved land, even Churches these days buy them and build using arranged bricks...

2. Some people prefer to build, and calculate that they can stay there for at least five years before the demolition get to them. This they feel is better than using twice the amount to rent.

3. The temporarity is the reason people build shabby structures there.

4. Many people want to live close to their work place, if not there are government /estates lands as low as 500k.

FINALLY.

Shanties are majorly responsible for the domestic crimes in Abuja.

Do not mind this people, they were adequately warned.

I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I HAVE RENTED A HOUSE THAT WAS DEMOLISHED IN THE PAST.

@bolded which area pls ?
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Maxem85: 9:22am On Aug 16, 2020
Why won't Ghana and other countries treat Nigerians the way they, after all our government also treats her citizens the same way. Smh
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Nukilia: 10:16am On Aug 16, 2020
guy222:
dont comment on what you dont know, please do you know any village of a Gbagi man, be inform that Apo, gbagbalada, lupe and most cities in Abuja was and still a village or traditional home of a true gbagi man

The traditional leaders of the Gbagi people should work out something with the government and have a resettlement plan for their people.
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by tot(f): 10:18am On Aug 16, 2020
Mryacks:

There are some jobs I can never ever be able to do no matter how much I'm paid...this one for example. You also need to see how the 'thugs' engaged by the Abuja environmental are so happy to chase, beat up and cease items from hawkers all in the name of enforcement.....honestly my empathy towards the Less privileged will not allow me do those kinda jobs.

You have a good heart and conscience.
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by tot(f): 10:19am On Aug 16, 2020
kikero:
In as much as I feel sad for these people, the fact is, if their houses had been built accoirding to laid down plans, none of this would have happened.

Here in this country, people come in, build housing anyhow, and bribe government officals to turn a blind eye. The houses then become an eyesore, and a public health hazard., especially for the people living there. Then the government gets serious, and demolishes the houses, and people start crying.

I wish that the government offers people the chance to resettle, or the chance to at least access some funding. Also, to be frank, the government could resettle all these people in many of the empty houses in the FCT (yes, it may drive away investors, but let's be honest...housing should not be a problem in the FCT)...but we the people too should stop breaking the law, so that we don't start crying when the law catches up with us.

Wouldn't it be more effective to have a stern penalty for such officials? In this case, they have nothing to lose. This problem should be addressed ftom the ROOT. The government is equally culpable .

1 Like

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Poorboy: 10:22am On Aug 16, 2020
Kaeboy:

@bolded which area pls ?
kuje
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by mollymotion(m): 10:38am On Aug 16, 2020
It was bad yesterday 3 people lost there lives due to the shock while many lost properties worth millions
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by thesicilian: 11:19am On Aug 16, 2020
gaskiyamagana:

Apprioprate compensation and relocation strategies for Illegally errected structures?

Aladegba:

You can't be compensated for building an unapproved structure on govt land. This also happened in SA yesterday where we witnessed mass destruction of houses in rosyln.

tribalmall:

Appopriate compensation on a shanty without legal documentation. Pls don't be silly.
It's obvious the government is going to keep taking you people to the cleaners every year. Those indigenes own the land, they were there long before the government took over the land and started planning the city. And you say they don't deserve compensation and relocation?!
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Dasgoro: 11:39am On Aug 16, 2020
Kaeboy:

@bolded which area pls ?

Look for estates in the 3rd circle of the fct... Just get fct map and investigate yourself...

You can also check out estate developers in those areas... Use to be 250k per plot
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Mryacks: 11:46am On Aug 16, 2020
tot:

You have a good heart and conscience.

Thank you..
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by sandysprax(m): 11:59am On Aug 16, 2020
Mryacks:

There are some jobs I can never ever be able to do no matter how much I'm paid...this one for example. You also need to see how the 'thugs' engaged by the Abuja environmental are so happy to chase, beat up and cease items from hawkers all in the name of enforcement.....honestly my empathy towards the Less privileged will not allow me do those kinda jobs.

Ironically, those thugs you speak about even need more help than the victims. Funny how the government uses the masses against themselves. That's what money or lack of it does to humans.

1 Like

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Glory2DLamb(m): 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nukilia:

Did you read the write up at all? They are being evacuated from their villages.
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Lamasta(m): 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
brainhgeek:
I agree that the affected parties should be relocated and compensated but if you know Apo and Mpape well, you will know that those places shouldn't be in Abuja. That is the home to hoodlums and ganglords of Abuja. Especially Mpape and that town called Maraba which borders Abuja and nasarawa
Are You trying to justify this wicked act of the officials or what? Put yourself in their shoes will you spew this if it is the other way round
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by brainhgeek(m): 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
Lamasta:

Are You trying to justify this wicked act of the officials or what? Put yourself in their shoes will you spew this if it is the other way round

Did you read the part where I said I agree that the victims should be relocated and compensated or you just felt like saying something?

1 Like

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Lamasta(m): 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
brainhgeek:

Did you read the part where I said I agree that the victims should be relocated and compensated or you just felt like saying something?
Thought you trying to justify the wicked act of those officials and their boss at the top.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Building Collapses In UNIZIK, Awka, Anambra State (Photos) / Room For Rent, No Agent Fee / How Well Do You Know Some Land Documents And Titles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.