Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja (25763 Views)

Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf Demolishes Buildings Approved By Ganduje (Video) / Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) / Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by naijakissleave(m): 1:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
Places where these demolition exercises takes place are where you see more of the Christian than the Muslims. APC Muslims goal is to crippled the Non Christians while the foolish Christians are there for their pockets

Take a look � at the pictures again and those affected...News has it that shops were demolished at AMAC Estate aka Aco Housing Estate off Airport Road. Most Affected people there are Christians with minority of Muslims...sometimes they turn blind eye when they see their Muslim faithful guilty of their mission for the exercise
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by fujirice: 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
dawnomike:
In as much as it is not wromg to discharge your duty as an enforcement officer... At least, do it with a heart of empathy towards those affected.
I have a friend that lives there. They were given proper notice for up to 2 months.
I was the one that pressured him to comply. He finally moved out last week only to wake up to this horror this morning. He has been thanking me since.
We Nigerians have a way of leaving things till the last minute before doing it and it’s bad.
Just like Durumi phase 1, those ones have been given notice since Obasanjo’s regime. When government will finally want to act, people will come online to start crying.

Finally, I nearly bought a land in one of the villages in Apo, when I discovered that there’s a notice for demolition, I took to my heels.
Lo and behold, 2 months after, I went back there and couldn’t find the land again. The place have become a major roadway.

Yes our government can be insensitive sometimes but we are a stubborn set of people.

3 Likes

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by fujirice: 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
naijakissleave:
Places where these demolition exercises takes place are where you see more of the Christian than the Muslims. APC Muslims goal is to crippled the Non Christians while the foolish Christians are there for their pockets

Take a look � at the pictures again and those affected...News has it that shops were demolished at AMAC Estate aka Aco Housing Estate off Airport Road. Most Affected people there are Christians with minority of Muslims...sometimes they turn blind eye when they see their Muslim faithful guilty of their mission for the exercise
Please don’t this card.
It’s dumb.
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by fujirice: 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
post=92872222:

But they say they have not been warned.
We don't know what to believe here.
Anyways, The government is supposed to give them an escape route in all these, to let them know they care.
They were given proper notice.
I have a friend that stayed there.
He just moved last week.
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
thesicilian:

It's obvious the government is going to keep taking you people to the cleaners every year. Those indigenes own the land, they were there long before the government took over the land and started planning the city. And you say they don't deserve compensation and relocation?!

According to land use act of Nigeria, the state owned the land not the people. That's why u pay tenament rates after your home is built. You can't be compensated without a proof of certificate of occupancy or deed of ownership from the state. If any govt try to compensate u, it's called systemic looting of state resiurces. Forget all those nonsense family receipt or anything else u paid.

1 Like

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by dawnomike(m): 2:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
fujirice:

I have a friend that lives there. They were given proper notice for up to 2 months.
I was the one that pressured him to comply. He finally moved out last week only to wake up to this horror this morning. He has been thanking me since.
We Nigerians have a way of leaving things till the last minute before doing it and it’s bad.
Just like Durumi phase 1, those ones have been given notice since Obasanjo’s regime. When government will finally want to act, people will come online to start crying.

Finally, I nearly bought a land in one of the villages in Apo, when I discovered that there’s a notice for demolition, I took to my heels.
Lo and behold, 2 months after, I went back there and couldn’t find the land again. The place have become a major roadway.

Yes our government can be insensitive sometimes but we are a stubborn set of people.
You are very right on this

1 Like

Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by armadeo(m): 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Mryacks:

There are some jobs I can never ever be able to do no matter how much I'm paid...this one for example. You also need to see how the 'thugs' engaged by the Abuja environmental are so happy to chase, beat up and cease items from hawkers all in the name of enforcement.....honestly my empathy towards the Less privileged will not allow me do those kinda jobs.

You have no idea.

It is the poor man that enjoys oppressing the fellow poor man compared to the rich.
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by earnit3: 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by myobjective: 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
whirlwind7:

Did you read where it said the displaced residents are the original natives of the FCT? That place is their village. Abuja is their village!

Nigeria is built on so many layers of injustice, which you may not understand, until it happens to you.

All Abuja native have been rolocated to places like kubwa, Sabo wuse(Niger state) and other places in Niger and Nassarawa. These relocations were done in the 80s and they were duely compensated. All the people you crying foul are Hausa and other settlers that came to build makeshift settlement in areas embanked for roads, open space and other infrastructure.
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Mryacks: 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
sandysprax:

Ironically, those thugs you speak about even need more help than the victims. Funny how the government uses the masses against themselves. That's what money or lack of it does to humans.

Exactly...
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Mryacks: 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
armadeo:

You have no idea.

It is the poor man that enjoys oppressing the fellow poor man compared to the rich.

True...
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by naijakissleave(m): 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
fujirice:

Please don’t this card.
It’s dumb.

Mallam, ask whoever is the head this exercise to go and demolish that illegal structure at the back of Keystone Bank beside Sahad Store in Central Area where your fellow mallams now operates. There are many more at different locations in same Central Area. They (Northerners in Power) have no “respect” for Abuja Master Plan wherever it is necessary just favour their brothers interest but choose to demolish illegal structures where it is not necessary
Re: Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja by Kfed4ril(m): 11:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
Immanuel01:
For making an attempt to demolish their houses, I think they should also make an attempt for an alternative for them...if not I think this is a cruel act.

If you know those who are affected there, PLZzz refer them to me, I WILL TEACH THEM FOREX TRADING FOR FREE, and they would be never go broke again.

Plz check my signature.
I know one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Building Collapses In UNIZIK, Awka, Anambra State (Photos) / Room For Rent, No Agent Fee / How Well Do You Know Some Land Documents And Titles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.