Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,656 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. (80814 Views)

Biggest Ship To Berth In Nigerian Port, CMA CGM Scandola Arrives Lekki Today / Nigerian Port Authority Headquarters On Fire! Mob Set NPA Office, Lagos Ablaze / President Buhari Commissions Baro Inland Water Port (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
[s]
donproject:

Do you still want to add lies to your problem, go and read your first comment for a refresher, you shock me bro.

Talking about the finisher of hate...do you want me to show you my own statistics I make on NL. The most common words on this forum (comment section) are "igbo amaka", "afonjas" and "brown roof", what does this imply? Whenever there is a thread about bad side of igbos, it takes long before you see Yorubas commenting. But any bad stories about Yoruba will quickly attract hate comments. I do data science and ML (if you know what these mean) and I have these raw facts with me.

Even within the so-called igbo east, Anambra is not so liked by many other states within the region, that shows the level of hatred Igbo group sometimes display. I have evidences if you want them. I love igbo people myself, but if any idiotic prat thinks he can get to my tribe by making derogatory comments, that's where I raise eyebrow.
[/s]

You're a lair and full of hatred.
Stop tribalism.

You claim Igbo don't love themselves but they live in peace more than other regions.

Some regions are bombing and slaughtering themselves yet you claim the Easterners don't love themselves,

Okay, bring your evidence that the Easterners hate themselves let me bring my own evidence that the Westerners hate themselves the most.

2 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Kindledlight(m): 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
Firespitter:

Shut up. [b]your yoruba brother ruled Nigeria 8 years with nothing to show for it you [/b]hypocrits

Yes he ruled under the party of tax collectors where they see our common patrimony as theirs and must be shared.

And least i forget he was the best from the party to have ruled Nigeria.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by knowledgeable: 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
matrixme:

You know nothing, John Snow! Your comments reek with ignorance. You don't know how big Lagos is. A city described as Africa's big Apple. It's not just about the port for Lagos. Once you're big, you are big. gbagbe.
https://fortune.com/2014/06/12/lagos-nigeria-big-apple/

Hmm... You are kind of right... but I'm thinking, something made it big, and will take something big to sustain its bigness.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Firespitter: 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kindledlight:

Yes he ruled under the party of tax collectors where they see our common patrimony as theirs and must be shared.

And least i forget he was the best from the party to have ruled Nigeria.

You Yoruba destroyed Nigeria for 8 good years.
Wicked people
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by anonimi: 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

INTELS acquires N1.8 billion largest crane in Africa

INTELS Nigeria Limited, has acquired one of the largest port handling cranes in the world – a 600 tonnes Liebherr crane worth $6 million (N1.83 billion).

The crane, which has been deployed at the Onne Oil and Gas Free Zone, is the largest at any port facility in Africa.

This means that the movement of very heavy equipment has become even much easier than ever before at the Onne Free Zone.

https://guardian.ng/business-services/intels-acquires-n1-8-billion-largest-crane-in-africa/

Don't go by what you see in the pictures, the not only have more than enough cranes, they even have the largest in Africa.

Is that the same INTELS owned by Tinubu and Atiku

2 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by knowledgeable: 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
winterfell007:

Please don't take him seriously. He doesn't speak for us. He's one of those demented apostles of that fraudster, Nnamdi Kanu. Igbos generally welcome even development in all region so long as everyone is carried along and no one is feeling marginalized

I'm all for a big and better Nigeria/Africa. I just engage in critical reasoning and analysis.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by blakkydikky(m): 4:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
Emekankwoka:
Yoruba people will not sleep again if they hear or see this. Our God is at work again.
You should be thanking Buhari and APC government for allowing you to witness what PDP couldnt do for you in their 16years in government instead of these that came out of your mouth.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by blakkydikky(m): 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
knowledgeable:

Oh boy....., this is going to affect Eko Atlantic. All the projections & calculations figured into the project will have to be recalculated. ( Remember, its private sector investment with the expected rate of return on investment base on time value of money. Decongestion of Lagos port can translate into overall lost of revenue for the state)

A redirection of Igbo's economic dynamism in Lagos + the kicking off, of Africa continental free trade area by the first of January 2021 is economically not a good news for the SW period.

"Sai Baba".
(smiles) good your praised Buhari concerning these but your comment shows that all what you people have been wailing at all these while about Tinubu and Yoruba are nothing but jealousy that non of your south eastern states cant match Lagos.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by YemmyKamor: 4:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
thesicilian:
What are they rejoicing for? Nigerians did not build the ship, we did not captain it. We did not even build the seaport.

do what do you suppose we do?.. cry?

asking for a friend
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by NGpatriot: 4:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
[s]
afube:

They were forced to open onne to commercial shipment.....maersk threatened to pull out completely from nigeria if nothing was done to alleviate their faltering operations in Lagos congested ports....do not spin another tale here,as insiders we know what happened.
[/s]

You people silly and negative rants are getting stale and stupidly boring.

Find something to be happy about in your life.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by NGpatriot: 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
anonimi:

Is that the same INTELS owned by Tinubu and Atiku

Yes, same INTELS. Onne is their main hub of operations.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by NGpatriot: 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
knowledgeable:

Seriously, I wanted to remain open/objective to this new development until your insults. You see, Yorubas like you have been living in bubbles with your conspiring alliance with the North against Igbos for years without end.

My bro, you lack critical reasoning/sense of Nigeria history, and that's why you cannot break it down and connect the dots, but most Igbos can because of their own unique history in this country.

Multiple numbers of those small 4500 beu capacity ships as you reffered to them, the ports they berth on, & all other relevant Infrastructures (international airport, financial services, big oil companies headquarters...etc) and much more,.... their concentration in Lagos wasn't by accident or coincidence, but by geo-political considerations in most cases. High population of Igbos and others in Lagos/SW were as a result of this policies of marginalisation around these critical infrastructures for decades. enough said.

You can do better because I've heard your brand of conspiracy theories, baseless rubbish and insinuations before. Where is the sense in saying people ganged up to deny that region anything when in fact the same people you blame for the gang up are the ones revertilizing and making the same ports functional after decades of neglect and decay perpetuated by the administrations before them.

And going by your illogical and insane logic, you mean GEJ the son of the soil and the PDP in their 16 years in government were part of the gang up and conspiracy to sabotage the ports in the East?

Hatred and bitterness don block away common sense from many of you because you hardly make sense.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by NGpatriot: 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
[s]
FrMbaka:

Stop tribalism.

You created this thread and still the one doing ethnic bashing.

Stop tribalism
[/s]

It is not by force to comment or even be on the internet.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Malawian(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
Not just that a container vessel berthed at Onne port, but the largest ever vessel to berth in any port in Nigeria! This is staggering, it means any other container vessel that have berthed in Lagos can berth in Onne.

Things will begin to change now. In one fell swoop, decades or lies about low water draft, piracy etc, was dismantled.

7 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by NGpatriot: 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:
My useless mother is another bigoted ipob nuisance.

Well said.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by anonimi: 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:
Yes, same INTELS. Onne is their main hub of operations.

Thanks for the feedback.
Does that mean that they have been doing nothing before this container ship showed up

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by NGpatriot: 4:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
afube:

build 100 more......just do not undermine ports elsewhere.

Private investors can build and spend their money anyhow they want based on their needs, business plan and model.

Akwa Ibom is going ahead with their seaport and the FG gave approval so is Akwa Ibom undermining you?

Cross River is going ahead with their seaport and the FG gave approval so is Cross River undermining you?

Edo is going ahead with their seaport and the FG gave approval so is Edo undermining you?

Elevate your mentality above tribal and regional pettiness because other people are moving forward and doing better things in life while you look and see everything from tribal and regional pettiness.

2 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Ijawwomaninoyo: 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
CheGuevara101:

How many times have you related this same advice to Simplyleo, ijawwomaninoyo, bighead, Thatfairguy and a host of other Yoruba's who are the authors and finishers of tribal bigotry on NAIRALAND?

So why is mine different? Is it because I spoke against your people?

Una plenty wen una no fit sleep because of me? Una sleepless night just start?
How many times have you quoted audionews for "Ewedu and Amala"?
Naijaolosho for asking for states of criminals outside Igbo states. "Afonja, skull miners etc. One is even on the first page posting skull alongside, did you quote him? Useless hypocrites!
Thank God a fellow Igbo man threw it to your face that you are customized nuisance. I asked a question if "A serial killer was from Ogun or herdsmen" because every crime is attributed to either, that's why the guy is sarcastic. They always deny criminals are everywhere especially Igbo land, that's why he always call out when the criminal is found out to be an Igbo man. They started it.
Since yesterday dem come die put for my mention. Una never see anything, I go just start!
NB-I live here only, I am not a Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Ijawwomaninoyo: 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

Well said.

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by hisgrace090: 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Ezii offia keep mute n dont rant more shits.

Buhari did nothing.

Ezi ofia, more shits, all from the same mouth, my conclusion you need reorientation an refinement to survive.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Hunchogee: 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kinematics:

The dude is just funny. Keep jubilating on mou when actual thing is already on ground and running since in Rivers state. I just pity for that dude.
So you guys are celebrating ship bedding grin grin
Na lack of developmental syndrome na him the worry una. grin
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by afube: 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

You people silly and negative rants are getting stale and stupidly boring.

Find something to be happy about in your life.

getting stale indeed ! what have you been spewing all day on this thread ! you want to spin a development that was induced by maersk's ultimatum to Fg to either allow them to operate their asia hub for west Africa from onne or have them move to cameroun or Cote d'Ivoire, you can spin your tales for uninformed nairaland teenagers and not an industry person like me. You can barely disguise your hatred for the east, off with you abeg!

4 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by NGpatriot: 5:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Dont be deceived.

Buhari did not do anything for onne seaport to come to life, rather Maeresk shipping company got tired of parking their ships in lagos for 25 days before they are allowed to clear because or terrible congestion. Maersk forced the govt that they must use onne seaport or they will leave Nigeria.

Well, we thank God that after decades of rot, neglect and decay, PMB and his crew rose up to the occasion and Nigerians are reaping the benefits today.

Sadly, the admin before PMB looked the other way and just didn't care, even GEJ the son of the soil didn't give a shit.

Again, God Bless PMB and his crew.

God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by NGpatriot: 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
[s]
afube:

getting stale indeed ! what have you been spewing all day on this thread ! you want to spin a development that was induced by maersk's ultimatum to Fg to either allow them to operate their asia hub for west Africa from onne or have them move to cameroun or Cote d'Ivoire, you can spin your tales for uninformed nairaland teenagers and not an industry person like me. You can barely disguise your hatred for the east, off with you abeg!
[/s]

Go away with your hatred, bitterness, anger and bad bele.

I understand that this development is driving you nuts, but I can not help you with such madness.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Kinematics: 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hunchogee:

So you guys are celebrating ship bedding grin grin
Na lack of developmental syndrome na him the worry una. grin

Does this thread look like a celebration thread to you?
I know the day 1 ship will birth in any of the ports you've been opening threads for since January, we shall have 3 million threads of your usual praise singing.

Poor illiterate!
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

They are huge market in that region, the SE's share of Nigeria's economy is only 7%, but not in the SW, the region that controls half of Nigeria's economy, 48%.

The SW is still Nigeria's industrial hub, meaning it consumes nearly all the major industrial goods and services from machinery to raw materials and finished products.

Look at the table below

SE is all the way at the bottom.

Who make up the bulk of the trade in the SW? Keep deluding yourself there. Once the business is redirected to the east people will.move there to do business.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
danilmo:

U know why almost everybody are not aligning with SE? because of unnecessary comparison in ur mind, unsecretive, if u are better than someone must talk it to the person face and term the reverse act of such as jealousy?, the word chest beat... deny it till tomorrow but that is the fact, check politics too.

U guys should grow up and learn.. arhn arhn, later now u guys will shout Marginalisation.
I'm afraid if u guys get Biafra, Anambra will chest beat for Enugu, Abia will face Ebonyi ,
u guys have the business spirit which i envy but una no dey try relationship wise with other,even within unaself also.

Mtch Abeg.

You are not widely travelled google the largest market in west africa. Onitsha main market tops the list it is so large that you cannot see the end of the market. In Balogun and Oke Arin how many branches does a bank have, but i can tell you that only main market alone most banks have 5 to 6 branches yet they cannot service them based on the amount of cash that comes from there.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Miracle1991: 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
afube:

they were forced to do it bro!
force by who? Where was the person during the 16yrs of looters (PDP).
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Kindledlight(m): 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
Firespitter:

You Yoruba destroyed Nigeria for 8 good years.
Wicked people

Your moniker says it all

But i’ll stiill tell you,let’s support the government to make Nigeria better instead of insults.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Cosbyrich: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
aduhube:
Ariaria ABA and Onitsha markets are huge markets.

It seems you have not traveled to those markets before.

The markets are so big and busy that Lagos markets ( proudly dominated by easterners) are very small when compared.

Thank you

Is that why Igboland is poor and makes one of the smallest IGR in Nigeria?
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by MsAllison(f): 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
Cosbyrich:

Is that why Igboland is poor and makes one of the smallest IGR in Nigeria?
mynd44 lalasticlala seun
rule 2
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Sniper101(m): 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
kolaaderin:
You better thank Buhari for this fit. Lagos is happy to have this happening, Apapa can breath again from disastrous congestion caused by years of negligence of PDP and their silly supporters.

While giving "thanks" to Buhari, never forget that Buhari would never bother to stretch an arm of kindness to the South south had it been a notable figure from the South south, a political juggernaut of the South south and an illustrious son of the South wasn't seated at his side whispering things to him grin

So "we" will rather thank...
...Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Buhari Hosts Pastor Adeboye In Aso Rock (Pictures) / Justice Stanley Nnaji Killed In Enugu By Unknown Gunmen (Graphic Video, Photos) / Zara Umara Zulum: Meet Daughter Of Governor Zulum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.