Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,238 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. (80800 Views)

Biggest Ship To Berth In Nigerian Port, CMA CGM Scandola Arrives Lekki Today / Nigerian Port Authority Headquarters On Fire! Mob Set NPA Office, Lagos Ablaze / President Buhari Commissions Baro Inland Water Port (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Donpenny(m): 1:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
24SEVEN:

The deceit in this country is on another level. They said Rivers ports have shallow draft and is not suitable for big ships. I almost bought the lie. Just imagine.

If Nigeria is truly restructured, Lagos can never be greater than Rivers. Because they have nothing on Rivers. Nothing at all.
I almost bought the lie too my brother. Politic and nepotism everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by winterfell007(m): 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
Abohboy:

The plans were to open ports in Bonny island and Warri, IPOB didn’t do anything to make them plan this. It is just basic knowledge. Amaechi planned it out, I don’t know why you think IPOB has done anything at all, cause they haven’t. Besides onne is in SS not SE, it’s not ugbolsnd so stop claiming other people’s land. This is the same way someone else claimed that abo in delta was part of igbo land. Stop it, we are one country, 9ne nation, IPOB supporters are idiots and they can’t do anything to Nigeria.

I don't know why you had to respond to that idiots. He's among the enthic bigot champion, following the footsteps of their 'hate leader', Nnamdi Kanu. Thank God Facebook have proscribed their activity and designated them a hate group. Those sort of guys are always degrading our people, making us look like all igbos ever think about is about how to hate other people that don't share our enthic similarities.
Imagine what he typed... FG decided to reactivate Onne deep seaport because of IPOB... Very laughable and a ridiculous statement from a ignorant folk. Anyway, I expected nothing less from IPOB clowns

4 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Donpenny(m): 1:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Aguogba:
just to explain one scenario to them. That vessel carries up to 7000 boxes (containers in maritime parlance) and it costs a minimum of 700k to move a container from Apapa to anywhere just within Lagos. Do the maths. That is minus 4.9 billion from Lagos economy.
Hand over the mic to burdbillion and MC Ólèomo. I want to hear what they have to say because
NURTW and Omo onile commission no go just waka like that.
Should we ask Our Niger Delta brothers to collect on your behalf?
pls dnt loud it grin. We're getting there. An adage says and I quote" if your yam is producing big tubber, cover it with your hands while eating"

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Asianjollof007: 1:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
surplusk:

Bro let's take tribal things out of this we need to be eye opened to the truth. If buhari can not borrowed money to do business to employed more Nigerians by engaging them in one activities or the other to fetch more money for the country and to pay depts than spending money on irrelevant things that is corruption in it's highest order trust me. You can see almajiri here and there begging for food in the north and moving down south for greener pastures and yet you are not eye opened to the truth. I do not support this government at all because we are in a big mess. If the right leader take charge their are properbility that the economy will be reshaping gradually and we will be getting it right one after the other. That is just the truth we were just deceived by their sugar quoted mouth that is all.

I'm not even a supporter of buhari or any Nigerian politician. Well, you have a point!
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by CheGuevara101(m): 1:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
winterfell007:

You are increasingly becoming idiotic. In your feeble mind, you think you are defending the the igbo nation, No! In fact, you succeeded in making the igbos look like a bunch of 'spiteful people'
Quit this nonsense childish bantering, it makes you look unintelligent

How many times have you related this same advice to Simplyleo, ijawwomaninoyo, bighead, Thatfairguy and a host of other Yoruba's who are the authors and finishers of tribal bigotry on NAIRALAND?

So why is mine different? Is it because I spoke against your people?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by knowledgeable: 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

They are dead enders and bottom feeders, such mentality is the reason why they don't and can never progress.

Imagine insinuation that a small 4,500 TEU vessel capacity port in Onne will disrupt Eko Atlantic;'s business model and operations?

What's Eko Atlantic got to do with a small 4,500 vessel capacity port in Onne or how it makes sense for ibo business people to ship through Onne and then turn around to ship the same goods from Onne to Lagos/SW for the largest market and economic center of Nigeria for final sale?

I know many of them love to spew the doom and gloom anti SW bigoted rubbish, but they end up sounding stupid and unintelligent.

Seriously, I wanted to remain open/objective to this new development until your insults. You see, Yorubas like you have been living in bubbles with your conspiring alliance with the North against Igbos for years without end.

My bro, you lack critical reasoning/sense of Nigeria history, and that's why you cannot break it down and connect the dots, but most Igbos can because of their own unique history in this country.

Multiple numbers of those small 4500 beu capacity ships as you reffered to them, the ports they berth on, & all other relevant Infrastructures (international airport, financial services, big oil companies headquarters...etc) and much more,.... their concentration in Lagos wasn't by accident or coincidence, but by geo-political considerations in most cases. High population of Igbos and others in Lagos/SW were as a result of this policies of marginalisation around these critical infrastructures for decades. enough said.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by subcbouy: 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

This is the same Onne seaport that was left for dead for decades.

God Bless PMB

God Bless Amaechi

God Bless Nigeria.

I pray those guys won't chase them away. They are fond of disturbing companies whereas no tout disturbs in Lagos.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by hisgrace090: 2:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
PrecisionFx:

No even go there.

Shut up Mr bloody liar.

Buhari did not do anything for one seaport to come to life, rather Maeresk shipping company got tired of parking their ships in lagos for 25 days before they are allowed to clear because or terrible congestion. Maersk forced the govt that they must use onne seaport or they will leave Nigeria.

Shut up,. Mr bloody liar, all from one mouth. I hope the mouth have not started smelling that vomit all this by now?

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by iamclime(m): 2:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
wallex1983:
Beautiful.

But if this vessels travels out of Nigeria empty, it then calls for concern

#consumerNATION
Now, we are talking! Our balance of trade is to be looked into.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by knowledgeable: 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
Sakamaje:

Why must you think in such a backward manner? You sound like you are waiting for Lagos to retrogress while other states are opening up. If that is your wish then you will be disappointed, because if the emergence of Abuja couldn't derail the progress of Lagos, your pessimistic prognosis won't either. There's something called 'shared prosperity', that should be your thinking unless you are an enemy of progress. Igbos like you should learn to accept that others can also prosper in life without igbo input.

True, true, I guess you are right.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Mbioto: 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:
[s][/s]

Check those who first started spewing negativity on this thread. I don't expect you to see that.

Whatever the case maybe,the right thing to do is to be happy for them,and if you want decongestion at the current ports in Lagos ,build new ones and not stories of how kidnappings will increase
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Kindledlight(m): 2:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
Emekankwoka:
Yoruba people will not sleep again if they hear or see this. Our God is at work again.

There we go again!

Why won’t yoruba sleep?

Isn’t the same yoruba that most of them have been begging you people to support the present government for infrastructural development and stop being slaves to people that did us no good for 16years.

3 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
Mbioto:

Whatever the case maybe,the right thing to do is to be happy for them,and if you want decongestion at the current ports in Lagos ,build new ones and not stories of how kidnappings will increase

I repeat, your people started the negativity first. That's my point.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
hisgrace090:

Shut up,. Mr bloody liar, all from one mouth. I hope the mouth have not started smelling that vomit all this by now?

Ezii offia keep mute n dont rant more shits.

Buhari did nothing.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
winterfell007:

You keep humiliating yourself. That guy you quoted actually finished with words literally. Stop causing enthic sentiments with other groups on behalf, nobody send you message to represent us.

Shut up anu offia Afonja ewii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by natznext(m): 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
wallex1983:
Beautiful.

But if this vessels travels out of Nigeria empty, it then calls for concern

#consumerNATION

This right here is the post of the decade!!!

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by danilmo: 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
aduhube:
Ariaria ABA and Onitsha markets are huge markets.

It seems you have not traveled to those markets before.

The markets are so big and busy that Lagos markets ( proudly dominated by easterners) are very small when compared.

Thank you

U know why almost everybody are not aligning with SE? because of unnecessary comparison in ur mind, unsecretive, if u are better than someone must talk it to the person face and term the reverse act of such as jealousy?, the word chest beat... deny it till tomorrow but that is the fact, check politics too.

U guys should grow up and learn.. arhn arhn, later now u guys will shout Marginalisation.
I'm afraid if u guys get Biafra, Anambra will chest beat for Enugu, Abia will face Ebonyi ,
u guys have the business spirit which i envy but una no dey try relationship wise with other,even within unaself also.

Mtch Abeg.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Mbioto: 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Donpenny:
I almost bought the lie too my brother. Politic and nepotism everywhere

The port in one has always been a deep sea port the problem was the expensive importing from onne when compared to Lagos because of NPA charges...so it made economic sense at the time for imposters to shift to Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by bptc10: 2:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
My friend stop typing nonsense, did buhari do it with his money or from oil money that came from the same region?, or buhari was voted to do nothing, you must be out of your mind
Asianjollof007:

You see, you people are the real enemies we have in nigeria. Your hearts are so full of negativity, tribal bigots. The buhari (APC) government you all are criticizing did this.. Why don't you focus on appreciating the good work instead of saying shit about other tribe?

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Dedetwo(m): 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Abohboy:
Why do,people think that creating more ports will destroy Lagos[b]. Lagos is building a free trade zone along with a refinery and ultimately it is still the financial and commercial hub of the nation. Unless another state puts up infrastructure at par to lagos’s then no company will move their headquarters there, that’s not how business works, sadly. This is good news I’ve been waiting for this as well, seeing that onne port is currently being expanded to handle more vessels and cargo. First pic is onne when completed, second pic is progress on Lekki port. All from skyscrapercity. I’ll update those threads as often as I can.

In the figment of your imagination, you concluded that Lagos State built itself to the current level. Most Nigerians have issue with retentive memory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
post=92869311:
Nairaland full of ignorant minds

I still remember when those from west were saying largest container vessels can't berth in Onne Port except Lagos ports, Maerskline Stardelhorn is biggest Container vessel to ever call at any Nigerian port, those making those ridiculous claims then should go and bury their heads in shame

You're right.
They claimed it was the reason the port was abandoned, they defended the abandonment of the Port.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Mbioto: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrMbaka:

You're right.
They claimed it was the reason the port was abandoned, they defended the abandonment of the Port.

The problem has always been the disparity in import duties..it is more expensive to import at onne than in Lagos...there hasn't been any infrastructure upgrade at onne

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Sakamaje:

Why must you think in such a backward manner? You sound like you are waiting for Lagos to retrogress while other states are opening up. If that is your wish then you will be disappointed, because if the emergence of Abuja couldn't derail the progress of Lagos, your pessimistic prognosis won't either. There's something called 'shared prosperity', that should be your thinking unless you are an enemy of progress. Igbos like you should learn to accept that others can also prosper in life without igbo input.

You're a tribalist.

Stop tribalism.

He didn't mention he's Igbo in his post, he didn't mention Yoruba in his post, his post is not tribalistic and his username does not suggest he's Igbo but you have already assumed he's Igbo and attacked him as Igbo.

Stop the hatred.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by knowledgeable: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
donproject:

One thing is that Yorubas will never feel bad about this. not Yorubas that I know, they are not people who get sad when they see other regions making waves, they believe in one Nigeria more than any other tribe.

Some people like you just like to create divides that is not there. Personally I'm too happy about this. I'm a field engineer who resides in Lagos but gets contracts across every state in Nigeria. I'm currently in Enugu fixing machines for a hotel, my experience here is not that palatable. I could remember buying a spanner I will buy at #100 in Lagos at #350/#400 here in Enugu, why? They complain they clear and transport there goods from Lagos, making me spending extra on everything I buy here. This is npt my first experience, it is always like this when I move far away from Lagos axis. Not mentioning how I suffer just to get a simple machine parts that you will even get by the road side in Lagos.

This is a welcome development that people like me will find so appealing. But for those tribal bigots, they won't see beyond economic impacts this will have in every part of the country.

Talking about Lagos coming down, u dey whyne me ni? As somebody has said, Lagos keeps going stronger even when the country's capital was moved to Abuja. You want to tell me Lagos depends only on seaports? Either you like it or not, Lagos is the biggest economic state in Nigeria and its position won't fall behind in Africa. Let me just burst your bubble, I'm very sure you won't know about Lekki deep seaport under construction, Dangote refinery that will also produce petrochemical and fertilizer. Many massive projects still under construction in that state o boy. Don't let me talk about headquarters of many organisations being majorly situated in Lagos. And another truth is that any average Nigerian who has huge money and want to invest hugely will think Lagos first, hausas will hardly go to SS/SE but Lagos to spend their money for investment. Igbos too will find it unreasonable to go to North to invest huge but find Lagos to be the right avenue. Just too many things to mention. Tell me how having another seaport at other regions will affect this state called Lagos.

Let's stop this tribal friction we tend to create, let's speak for the unity of one Nigeria.

That spanner you paid for 350 naira instead of 100 naira and millions of Igbo lives lost in roads accidents from Lagos to East for decades just because of Yoruba tribal bigotry and conspiring alliance with the North against Igbos is what you are witnessing on this thread. You can change the narrative all you want. My bro time are changing, and are changing faster than you can imagine. Not putting Lagos down, but a whole lot is happening in the SE a well. Why are Igbos sending some of their investments back to the East?. Why are S Eastern lands more expensive now?. SE diaspora Fx inflows into the region ( in $billions) can give the national bugdet a run for it's money + all those massive investments going on all around Lagos, which group are more strategically placed to take a better advantage of them. Bro, the natural wealth in SE/SS which is about to be opened up to the rest of the world will dwarf anything coming from the SW.

2 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

They are dead enders and bottom feeders, such mentality is the reason why they don't and can never progress.

Imagine insinuation that a small 4,500 TEU vessel capacity port in Onne will disrupt Eko Atlantic;'s business model and operations?

What's Eko Atlantic got to do with a small 4,500 vessel capacity port in Onne or how it makes sense for ibo business people to ship through Onne and then turn around to ship the same goods from Onne to Lagos/SW for the largest market and economic center of Nigeria for final sale?

I know many of them love to spew the doom and gloom anti SW bigoted rubbish, but they end up sounding stupid and unintelligent.

Stop tribalism.

You created this thread and still the one doing ethnic bashing.

Stop tribalism
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Firespitter: 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kindledlight:

There we go again!

Why won’t yoruba sleep?

Isn’t the same yoruba that most of them have been begging you people to support the present government for infrastructural development and stop being slaves to people that did us no good for 16years.

Shut up. your yoruba brother ruled Nigeria 8 years with nothing to show for it you hypocrits
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Firespitter: 3:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
danilmo:

U know why almost everybody are not aligning with SE? because of unnecessary comparison in ur mind, unsecretive, if u are better than someone must talk it to the person face and term the reverse act of such as jealousy?, the word chest beat... deny it till tomorrow but that is the fact, check politics too.

U guys should grow up and learn.. arhn arhn, later now u guys will shout Marginalisation.
I'm afraid if u guys get Biafra, Anambra will chest beat for Enugu, Abia will face Ebonyi ,
u guys have the business spirit which i envy but una no dey try relationship wise with other,even within unaself also.

Mtch Abeg.
Shut up. Mumu. Who asked for your foolish advice? Face your demonic tribe you son of oduduwa lucifer
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Sagay212: 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Please it is now time for biafr.aud ipob fc to start going back to their potopoto billionaire republic. Please there is no more excuse for running to Lagos to sell gala and open 2 by 2 shops. You can now go and clear ya imaginary containers and sell your products to your billionaires in the SE. Please ooo start leaving so that lagos can sink as you wish.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by xcelentattitude(m): 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
I'm happy o grin

Chinedu goods Don finally land! grin

May God bless all the chinedus out there as far as Wetin them they do legit

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Okuda(m): 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
EPIJOE:
WE SHOULDN'T DERAIL THIS THREAD BY FIGHTING EACH OTHER,

THIS IS WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE DURING OBASANJO'S ERA.

WE SHOULD HAVE 4 GOOD SERVICING SEA PORTS WELL FUNCTIONING IN NIGERIA.

LAGOS , CALABAR, RIVERS AND BENUE IF THEY DREGE THE RIVER

AND ALSO FOUR ACTIVE LAND PORTS. IBADAN, KANO, ABUJA AND SOKOTO.

WITH THIS, DEVELOPMENT WILL CUT ACROSS BOARDS.

na una type dey marginalize another region if una enter govt. SE no reach to get seaport both dredged and landed? Obj ko. leave obj and face the person that is in charge npw. blaming Obj shows how retrogressive you are already thinking which is bad for nation building.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by luluosas(m): 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Great. Container business and heavy duty trucks haulage is shifting to the east of the Niger. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Malawian(m): 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Asianjollof007:

You see, you people are the real enemies we have in nigeria. Your hearts are so full of negativity, tribal bigots. The buhari (APC) government you all are criticizing did this.. Why don't you focus on appreciating the good work instead of saying shit about other tribe?
Why didn't Obasanjo do it? We supported his presidency, did we not?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Buhari Hosts Pastor Adeboye In Aso Rock (Pictures) / Justice Stanley Nnaji Killed In Enugu By Unknown Gunmen (Graphic Video, Photos) / Zara Umara Zulum: Meet Daughter Of Governor Zulum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.