Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,507 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. (80807 Views)

Biggest Ship To Berth In Nigerian Port, CMA CGM Scandola Arrives Lekki Today / Nigerian Port Authority Headquarters On Fire! Mob Set NPA Office, Lagos Ablaze / President Buhari Commissions Baro Inland Water Port (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Mbioto: 11:52am On Aug 16, 2020
Kinematics:

So Lagos that's the headquarters of crime and the most dangerous place to live in Nigeria today is the only place without insecurity.

Clap for yourself! Nonsense!

This people come with so much negativity and false rumors to undermine other regions...
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by 24SEVEN: 11:56am On Aug 16, 2020
Hunchogee:

And you suddenly ran to read about it..
You indeed seem like a fool

Dog eater, so you think your port is important?? You went to create thread to compare Rivers and Akwa Ibom port. Na wah. Inferiority complex will kill all of una one day.grin grin

Una Never get port, yet you create thread. Dog meat has infested your brain!!!

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by LionTiger(m): 11:56am On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

Don't go by what you see in the pictures, the not only have more than enough cranes, they even have the largest in Africa.

I like your superiority
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Chirowman(m): 11:56am On Aug 16, 2020
good news
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by 24SEVEN: 11:57am On Aug 16, 2020
Mbioto:

This people come with so much negativity and false rumors to undermine other regions...

Don't mind those descendants of Oduwawa the fallen demon from hell.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by sulaak(m): 11:58am On Aug 16, 2020
The government doesn't deserve any praise.

Relocating cargo shipping to the Eastern Nigeria, has been on the books for a long time but the Buhari government have only acted after Lagos ports has become dysfunctional, congested and expensive, the government has no choice but to relocate shipping to the East.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 16, 2020
Emekankwoka:
Yoruba people will not sleep again if they hear or see this. Our God is at work again.

Let's hope it will stop your family members from relocating to Yoruba region the smallest chance they got.

And since it is Buhari that did this, then I guess Buhari is your God.

Very fitting.

2 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
[s]
Mbioto:

[/s]

Check those who first started spewing negativity on this thread. I don't expect you to see that.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by sulaak(m): 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
afube:

They were forced to open onne to commercial shipment.....maersk threatened to pull out completely from nigeria if nothing was done to alleviate their faltering operations in Lagos congested ports....do not spin another tale here,as insiders we know what happened.

Lagos ports have become expensive and dysfunctional, relocating to Onne was the only option or imports would grind to a halt.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by ogubolokento(m): 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Did you have road to move the containers?Also the western port is congested due to your greed thereby realizing onne is dead anyway i pray is consistent
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by afube: 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
24SEVEN:

Lagos has stolen alot from Rivers and the Niger Delta. The IOCs Headquartered in Lagos has deprived Niger Deltans of job opportunities and also deprived the immediate environment of development. The communities that host the operations of these IOCs are degraded and the natives lose their means of livelihood while Lagos and Yorubas benefit from their misery.

Yorubas account for less than 1% of Nigerias oil, yet are the most visible ethnicity employed in Oil and Gas sector. And have in collaboration with Yoruba press, depicted the Niger Delta as a very violent place that isn't safe for any activity except drilling oil and running away fast. It's a shame.

Money realised from Niger Delta oil and Gas (emphasis on gas) is what is running Nigeria. What is banking, insurance, entertainment, literary and arts etc etc without Niger Delta cash flow.

Lagos has attained it's number 1 position in Nigeria because of our skewed system in Nigeria. Had Nigeria been running a true federal system, we won't be having this discussion. Your benefiting from the disadvantage of others and you're bragging your number 1.

Rivers is blessed by God and nature and finely poised to achieve greatness. We only need Nigeria to do the right thing.

Align with your natural allies Ndigbo and you will make good success, separated we cannot do much alone. Oduduwa and northern elites have forcefully appropriated what belongs to Niger delta, they have just been dribbling Niger delta since the war ended in 1970.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by luluman: 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
SpatialKing:
Impressive

Enough of the dependance on Lagos Port alone.
Hope you will also be fair to thank BUHARI & not always attack him.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by luluman: 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

This is the same Onne seaport that was left for dead for decades.

God Bless PMB

God Bless Amaechi

God Bless Nigeria.

Aslo tell your brothers to applaud Buhari this time around.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Dedetwo(m): 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:
Best NPA Boss in the history of NPA

A true PATRIOT.

Thank you for what you do and God bless you.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/12140213_usman_pngb91e99a48a1f33889852ece300983616

I do not know about the "Best NPA Boss in the history of NPA" but she seems to stick to her plans. She is an accomplisher.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by 1989ruke: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
wallex1983:
Beautiful.

But if this vessels travels out of Nigeria empty, it then calls for concern

#consumerNATION
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Kinematics: 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hunchogee:

And you suddenly ran to read about it..
You indeed seem like a fool

That tells a lot about you. Pains and envy. Like I said before, propaganda will take you nowhere. If you like open 1 million threads before the year ends it will take you nowhere.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Kinematics: 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
24SEVEN:

Dog eater, so you think your port is important?? You went to create thread to compare Rivers and Akwa Ibom port. Na wah. Inferiority complex will kill all of una one day.grin grin

Una Never get port, yet you create thread. Dog meat has infested your brain!!!

The dude is just funny. Keep jubilating on mou when actual thing is already on ground and running since in Rivers state. I just pity for that dude.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Ijawwomaninoyo: 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

My useless mother is another bigoted ipob nuisance.

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by udemzyudex(m): 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
SpatialKing:
Impressive

Enough of the dependance on Lagos Port alone.

LOL.. That's if the government will allow it, you think they can't get all these port to function? They can, politic is involve.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by 9gerian: 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
Major reason dangote refinery got built in Lagos.

LoveThemChubby:

Who caused the dependence? Watch and see how there will be increase in the spate of kidnappings and other vices in and around the port. Insecurity, multiple taxation and other unfriendly business regulations in the region have been the major reasons for the abandonmentof these ports.

2 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by morris477(m): 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
Buhari amaka
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by tammie24: 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
donproject:

One thing is that Yorubas will never feel bad about this. not Yorubas that I know, they are not people who get sad when they see other regions making waves, they believe in one Nigeria more than any other tribe.

Some people like you just like to create divides that is not there. Personally I'm too happy about this. I'm a field engineer who resides in Lagos but gets contracts across every state in Nigeria. I'm currently in Enugu fixing machines for a hotel, my experience here is not that palatable. I could remember buying a spanner I will buy at #100 in Lagos at #350/#400 here in Enugu, why? They complain they clear and transport there goods from Lagos, making me spending extra on everything I buy here. This is npt my first experience, it is always like this when I move far away from Lagos axis. Not mentioning how I suffer just to get a simple machine parts that you will even get by the road side in Lagos.

This is a welcome development that people like me will find so appealing. But for those tribal bigots, they won't see beyond economic impacts this will have in every part of the country.

Talking about Lagos coming down, u dey whyne me ni? As somebody has said, Lagos keeps going stronger even when the country's capital was moved to Abuja. You want to tell me Lagos depends only on seaports? Either you like it or not, Lagos is the biggest economic state in Nigeria and its position won't fall behind in Africa. Let me just burst your bubble, I'm very sure you won't know about Lekki deep seaport under construction, Dangote refinery that will also produce petrochemical and fertilizer. Many massive projects still under construction in that state o boy. Don't let me talk about headquarters of many organisations being majorly situated in Lagos. And another truth is that any average Nigerian who has huge money and want to invest hugely will think Lagos first, hausas will hardly go to SS/SE but Lagos to spend their money for investment. Igbos too will find it unreasonable to go to North to invest huge but find Lagos to be the right avenue. Just too many things to mention. Tell me how having another seaport at other regions will affect this state called Lagos.

Let's stop this tribal friction we tend to create, let's speak for the unity of one Nigeria.
had to quote you

Too much sense

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by knowledgeable: 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Sakamaje:

Why must you think in such a backward manner? You sound like you are waiting for Lagos to retrogress while other states are opening up. If that is your wish then you will be disappointed, because if the emergence of Abuja couldn't derail the progress of Lagos, your pessimistic prognosis won't either. There's something called 'shared prosperity', that should be your thinking unless you are an enemy of progress. Igbos like you should learn to accept that others can also prosper in life without igbo input.

True, true, I guess you are right.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by stanisbaratheon: 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
The One seaport has been left fallow for a long time, obviously for political reasons.

To think that ships will leave Rivers state that is closer to the south east businesses to go to Lagos is beyond me. No I see.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by winterfell007(m): 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ojukwudfugitive:

Fool, this is not eastern port, it is SS port. SE is landlocked and it remains so. No forced attachment can make SS be part of your illusive and unviable Biafra! A parasitic SE wants to host on a more viable SS, it's impossible. The earlier you realize that SE is the poorest region in the South, the better for you.

You are actually the dummy here. There's no such thing as 'South South' it's not a geographical location, it's just a political term used to identify people close to the ocean. The ports are actually referred to as 'Eastern Ports' because they are all located in the eastern region of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Tareq1105: 1:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
wallex1983:
Beautiful.

But if this vessels travels out of Nigeria empty, it then calls for concern

#consumerNATION

You go school my brother.

We should be able to full the ship with our export commodities to balance the trade.

Returning empty will bring imbalance in trade and it will be disastrous to the economy.

2 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by ada9ja(f): 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
thesicilian:
What are they rejoicing for? Nigerians did not build the ship, we did not captain it. We did not even build the seaport.
maybe let wait when you hear there is no seaport then you celebrate
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by winterfell007(m): 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Confused lunatic prophet. IGBOS luv themselves more than any useless tribe u belong to.

Keep mute.

You keep humiliating yourself. That guy you quoted actually finished with words literally. Stop causing enthic sentiments with other groups on behalf, nobody send you message to represent us.

2 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by stormborn28(m): 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:
Best NPA Boss in the history of NPA

A true PATRIOT.

Thank you for what you do and God bless you.
what is her name
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Unified07: 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
afube:

Align with your natural allies Ndigbo and you will make good success, separated we cannot do much alone. Oduduwa and northern elites have forcefully appropriated what belongs to Niger delta, they have just been dribbling Niger delta since the war ended in 1970.
✓✓
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by winterfell007(m): 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
CheGuevara101:

Look at this Dindinrin! By your moniker you shall know them; Igbo haters.

Get this into that your pęlębę head, the harder you guys come, the harder you'll all fall.

If you're in doubt, ask your "Ologbo Iya Aliu" brothers on NAIRALAND about me and hear what they'll tell you.

So I suggest you run for your life before DISMEMBER you.

You are increasingly becoming idiotic. In your feeble mind, you think you are defending the the igbo nation, No! In fact, you succeeded in making the igbos look like a bunch of 'spiteful people'
Quit this nonsense childish bantering, it makes you look unintelligent

3 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by tedemite: 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Wow � Ameachi you do well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Buhari Hosts Pastor Adeboye In Aso Rock (Pictures) / Justice Stanley Nnaji Killed In Enugu By Unknown Gunmen (Graphic Video, Photos) / Zara Umara Zulum: Meet Daughter Of Governor Zulum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.