Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,737 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car (30966 Views)

Overheating: Car Still Not Working After Gasket Replacement / You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. / Is There A Permanent Solution To This Shock Absorber Linkage Problems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Is04970: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
Volkswagen cooling system is a bit complex.
I initially thought I could help.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Adeymorla(m): 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
7pages:
Nairaland Car Gurus please help me find permanent solution to my golf 3 car(America spec) doing overheating barely every day

I started experiencing this over heating after the change of fuel pump and speedometer censor was changed by a recommended Rewire

I'm using this golf for commercial business, nothing give me any issue in the car than this over heating, is becoming embarrassing when I carry passengers and it started. the car is clean and engine is working fine

it's relay today, it's the water in the radiator boiling tomorrow, I'm becoming sick of this. my mechanic told me when it started this night that my gasket is damaged in the process. I put water in the radiator everyday because of this over heating

please what do you guys suggest as the permanent solution to this over heating gazzuzz Sienna royallord1 and others and I wouldn't mind a recommendation of good Rewire. I reside in Lagos.

Flush the radiator
Remove the thermostat
Check the fan.

Thank me later
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by bigestPREEKhere: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
this is not a car. issa moto. it is gone
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by chaloskyx: 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
mix coolant with your water
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by 7pages(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
kingreign:
@bolded, not true.
once washed the engine and it took it 2 days for it to move well
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Allwell96: 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
You can change the radiator to double cell and get a fan with double fan blade. That should solve the problem.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Drizzy5001(m): 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Those of u that are advising Op, to sell his car , didn't you read "where he said he's using the car for commercial purpose "(Taxi) maybe it's his only source of income , if he sells it , where will he feed from??

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by stabilizer: 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Change the radiator cover
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Greatlee54: 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
1. Blow the radiator 2. check for coolant leakages in the cooling system 3. check the cold switch 4. check the water pump 5. Check the gasket. 6. Check the radiator fan

It can only be any of these.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by MrStan11(m): 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
Sometimes, the level of water in the radiator is small.
Remove hoss connecting radiator to the engine, fill the radiator to the brim and tight it back.

My own did the same.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by ajealadick(m): 4:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
Let me see picture of your radiator and the fan
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by kingreign(m): 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
7pages:

once washed the engine and it took it 2 days for it to move well
That's because your engine had been compromised.
Every mainstream car manufacturer has engine that is sealed by glue at joints, and bolted on and has electrical systems which are properly insulated as long as they're in the engine bay.

Do you know when it rains and when you go thru flooded areas, water still get splashed into the engine bay?
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by mila1121(m): 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
Change the radiator to dual cell
Thank me later
That's the only solution
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Ernest5: 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
Remove d thermostat, connect ur fan direct. Check ur radiator for any leakage, if any seal it up or buy a new radiator.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by tightpussy156: 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
you better sell this srcap an go buy okada for peace of mind.the car don work the money for purchase beleful.i sold my golf 3 for 70k to butcher with annoyance when it started developing problem upon problem.spend close to 150k fixing different problem till I sell the car.
Note: I bought the car tokunbo 4 years ago for someone to do taxi for extra income to the house.you better take my advice before you commit suicide.Atimes problem of car they give sleepless nights.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by maxzimo: 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
1. When you start your car does the Radiator fan run also? If yes then your thermostat has been bypassed. If it takes a while before the fan starts, then your thermostat is perfect.

2. Call the electrician to restore your car to asfound conditions then run the car and observe.

2. Check all fuses are in good condition, ensure your radiator fans are effective.

3. Find a way to pump about air through the Coolant intake line. Pressure to about 3.0bar, ensure the engine is cool while doing this.
Any potential leak would be identified using this method.

4. Start your engine with the radiator cap open. If you observe any bubble within the filling tank then you know your Head (Top) Gasket needs replacement.

Please get back to me with an update.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by SIRRITE: 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
I experienced this too, what i did was i changed fan to double big fan and get a big radiator, and that is the end of overeating.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Stallione(m): 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Lol,the engine ma sef is in a sorry state already grin
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by snipernigga(m): 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
check the radiator for leaks, then take it for washing. when filling it up add radiator coolant. Then when it's operational, put a nylon in front of it and see if the nylon is sucked in lap. if so, then your problems is permanently solved.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by femi4: 5:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
7pages:
Nairaland Car Gurus please help me find permanent solution to my golf 3 car(America spec) doing overheating barely every day

I started experiencing this over heating after the change of fuel pump and speedometer censor was changed by a recommended Rewire

I'm using this golf for commercial business, nothing give me any issue in the car than this over heating, is becoming embarrassing when I carry passengers and it started. the car is clean and engine is working fine

it's relay today, it's the water in the radiator boiling tomorrow, I'm becoming sick of this. my mechanic told me when it started this night that my gasket is damaged in the process. I put water in the radiator everyday because of this over heating

please what do you guys suggest as the permanent solution to this over heating gazzuzz Sienna royallord1 and others and I wouldn't mind a recommendation of good Rewire. I reside in Lagos.
Check your fan and radiator cells otherwise get a new radiator
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by africanman85: 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
I'm having same problem with my Nissan Almera. The car they overheat but my mechanic said i should change the radiator to double pipe and double fan. The guy dey tell me say radiator na 40k. I just park d car for now.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by ChineduObinna(m): 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
You need to make sure your fan is in good working condition, does it rotate at a good speed to suck in air? Or has the power dwindled over time.

If there's a thermostat involved, check to see if it works well, else I'd advise direct wiring (once the ignition is on the fan is blowing), then get your radiator flushed, washed, bled or whatever to make sure it ain't contaminated
7pages:

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
7pages:

Were you expecting this CAR to have a COOLER inside or what..?
.... a Car with 3 Billion MILEAGE.
.. a car whose trip has covered the entire world.
Please make effort to get a new one.
I can help you with that, if you are ready.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by irapson2(m): 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Check all the water hose for possible leaking
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by gasparpisciotta: 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
7pages:
I hope to get answers and advise from you guys please

1. Has it overheated till the extent that the top gasket got damaged?...so check the top cylinder gaskets, if damaged please change them.

2. Check the hose carrying water to and fro the engine.

3. Check your radiator cover to ensure that water is not leaking out.

4. Are the cooling fans working?

5. If it has not thermostat and fan like most VW, you may have to work a fan in the engine to support the cooling system.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Chukwumajr(m): 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
Check if your catalysts converter is working fine, if its not working, try and change it, the engine is not breathing properly.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
Firstly, I want you to drive the car again & make sure it overheats...Immediately you observe the car have started overheating...come down and check for any water leakages around the radiator & hose pipes....So also check if the fan is blowing effectively & to the right direction...then if there are no leakages and the fan is working perfectly....please go and change the radiator to a double cell for the car to be comfortable with water passage. The single cell radiator might not be enough to run the cooling system.

NOTE: Make sure you try the 1st step I mentioned up there "drive the car and make sure it overheats....". I am sure everything I stated above should solve your problem sir.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by gasparpisciotta: 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
africanman85:
I'm having same problem with my Nissan Almera. The car they overheat but my mechanic said i should change the radiator to double pipe and double fan. The guy dey tell me say radiator na 40k. I just park d car for now.

You can actually get the radiator for less if you go to Ladipo yourself
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by gasparpisciotta: 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
Chukwumajr:
Check if your catalysts converter is working fine, if its not working, try and change it, the engine is not breathing properly.

Catalytic converters are for engine exhausts. They have nothing to do with car overheating.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Ragnnar: 5:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
7pages:

My good bro. Check the pictures below

is there any need to wash the radiator. I just want a Permanent solution to this

changing the thermostats and reconnecting the fans back to factory settings will stop this overheating permanently right?

I was in your situation some time ago. They suggested I connect my fan directly and remove the thermostat, which I did but the overheating didn't stop. I took my car to radiator wash which they did but the overheating continued. Until I have to lose out the radiator completely from the car, dismantle the top side that house the cap, I was able to see that my radiator was badly blocked my rust particles. Water was only able to pass through two capillaries others were blocked. It took me all day unblock this capillaries one after the other. That's how I solve the problem. Had to change the radiator completely after some weeks cause I damaged some of the capillaries in the process of cleaning . Clean your radiator capillaries if not possible buy another one then thank me later.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by 3kay945(m): 5:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
tightpussy156:
you better sell this srcap an go buy okada for peace of mind.the car don work the money for purchase beleful.i sold my golf 3 for 70k to butcher with annoyance when it started developing problem upon problem.spend close to 150k fixing different problem till I sell the car.
Note: I bought the car tokunbo 4 years ago for someone to do taxi for extra income to the house.you better take my advice before you commit suicide.Atimes problem of car they give sleepless nights.

grin cheesy
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by 7pages(m): 5:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ekebest:
Although the wiring does not look encouraging, from the look of things but have you taken the car to an authorized Golf auto mechanic? Your road - side mechanic must have run out of options. If you don't really feel OK with this, save yourself the embarrassments by selling the car, add money to buy another. In this pandemic times, you may even find a better car and at affordable price.

well understood bro but I'll still put in shape before selling it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Honda Babyboy Gear Problems. Any Personal Experience To Share? / Bus Carrying Wedding Guests Crashes Into Military Armoured Vehicle In Bauchi / Effect Of Raising The Base Of A Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.