Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,546 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience (17303 Views)

Prayers To Break All Ties Of Incubus And Succubus. And My Own Personal Experienc / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? / Check Out 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting And Praying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:12am On Aug 16, 2020
Thank you, Jesus.

your are worthy of my praise.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by UDUJ(m): 10:12am On Aug 16, 2020
Joshmodest:
The only benefit of fasting is --- you get to save some food ...that's all !!

And if you need to lose weight fast it helps as well cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Exmilitant(m): 10:12am On Aug 16, 2020
intruder15:

He doesn't owe you an explanation. That's life for you. I pray a time won't come when you will need to fast your way out of predicaments.

Stay blessed.
You are wishing evil on me?
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by aksule(m): 10:13am On Aug 16, 2020
If you state that fasting is a form of hobby or self imposed or on doctors advise, l will agree with you. Other than that, ljust believe you're punishing your stomach while diligently saving the Naira.

1 Like

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by dayleke: 10:15am On Aug 16, 2020
Exmilitant:
I have never fasted in my fucking whole life and i'm perfectly okay financially, spiritually and phisically! Can you explain that?

You think you are okay physically but you are not.

You are only okay phisically which is nothing.

tongue grin
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 16, 2020
Amen smiley
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by CaptainFM1: 10:17am On Aug 16, 2020
intruder15:

He doesn't owe you an explanation. That's life for you. I pray a time won't come when you will need to fast your way out of predicaments.

Stay blessed.

It is not the hunger strike (fasting) that will take you out of those predicaments. Rather you need the food to gather strength and fight your way through those predicaments.

What will take you out of those predicaments is you doing the right things at the right time. Any other thing that is beyond your influence or assistance of others to the point where you require an unexplainable extra-terrestial powers will not be controlled by you eating or not eating.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by iamjavadem(m): 10:25am On Aug 16, 2020
I get same benefits without all the spirituality stuff, instead i use science because i am an athesit. Its a form of exercise just like going to the gym. Nice one anyway, the main message here is to FAST!!!! It will help you withe self-control.
lastchild:

1... Strength

Nothing gives you strength to overcome sin like fasting, every small contact with a woman your dick stands, this doesn't happen when you fast, you have this ability to stand your ground

Fasting is the only thing that can give you strength to fast, when I fast I have the urge to fast more

2.. Spiritual immune

What I mean by spiritual immune is the same thing your biological immune do for you, when your immune system is strong it fights sickness without your knowledge

When you live a fasting and prayer lifestyle, it strengthens your spiritual immune that the spiritual bullets shot at you won't peneterate without you even knowing

3... Your spiritual porters opens up

Anytime am on fast my spiritual porters (doors) opens up that I can receive and give spiritually, I can easily connect to the anointing and disconnects from the world

4... Revelation outbreak

The first time I heard from God was
In a middle of 7 days water fasting in camp of faith okigwe, fasting connects you to the voice of the Holy spirit, fasting also attract the voice of the enemy but the same fasting will dictate the voice of the enemy

Fasting brings revelations in all angle, both in dreams, scriptural and human utterances

5...fasting breaks the yoke

There are certain things you can't conquer without fasting, there are battles you can't win without fasting

I spent many years in the bondage of masturbation until my fasting lifestyle began, I broke out in Mountain of fire prayer city Lagos, if you are a believer fasting is for you

Remember when you fast without prayers, you are just looking for a shape
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by CaptainFM1: 10:27am On Aug 16, 2020
lastchild:
Yes you can be very OK in life without fasting, fasting is a plus in spiritual journey, it's like group of people trekking from ogun to Lagos, one of them went and took tramadol, raw Jin mixed with cocain

On that journey, when they come across hoodlums who wants to snatch their phones, he's likely to challenge them and disagree in tending his phone

If the hoodlums pursued them with guns, the guy on cocain will still run sustaining his strength, others will collapse before him

Fasting is just building your spiritual muscles and strength, fasting gives your prayers strength

This your analogy is not correct at all.
On the contrary, the guy that took Tramadol/cocaine will be hyper and might want to challenge the hoodlums which could consequently got him shot!

In this context, I could say Fasting has come to save others their lives because they remain humble and willingly gave out their phones, wallets etc.

But in all, I realised that so many people think they are fasting whereas they are just starving themselves of food.

1 Like

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by etzmiezbee(f): 10:30am On Aug 16, 2020
Thumb up to u.

I really love ur explanation.
lastchild:
Yes you can be very OK in life without fasting, fasting is a plus in spiritual journey, it's like group of people trekking from ogun to Lagos, one of them went and took tramadol, raw Jin mixed with cocain

On that journey, when they come across hoodlums who wants to snatch their phones, he's likely to challenge them and disagree in tending his phone

If the hoodlums pursued them with guns, the guy on cocain will still run sustaining his strength, others will collapse before him

Fasting is just building your spiritual muscles and strength, fasting gives your prayers strength
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by almarthins(m): 10:31am On Aug 16, 2020
Many unseen transactions take place everyday. If you re very observant, you will notice sm tins defile explanations. Jus dey pray make u no jam spiritual battle, The irumoles. It is a waste of time asking the blind if he can different between colours.

Exmilitant:
I Am giving you an A+ for that splendid definition of fasting.
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Saynotoapc(m): 10:39am On Aug 16, 2020
Exmilitant:
I have never fasted in my fucking whole life and i'm perfectly okay financially, spiritually and phisically! Can you explain that?

This life no balance..
That all I have to say
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by CaptainFM1: 10:41am On Aug 16, 2020
tabithababy:

Yes my dear, its very possible. I found out most people that say this have someone somewhere ( mother, father, brother, pastor, Alfa, babalawo, oracle) praying and fasting for them sad

Funny! If you so think like that, All our praying and fasting(hunger strike) for this country would have turned this nation to Dubai. Infact no country on earth should near Nigeria in terms of development.

Our problem is; the Bible and Qoran was handed over to us without the "manuals". So we perished for lack of understanding their contents.

1 Like

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by mariahAngel(f): 10:49am On Aug 16, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Nothing says "I love you" like watching those you love suffer from stomach acids and risk ulcer before granting their wishes

Even physically, intermittent fasting is good for your health.
It awakens your cells to be more active and responsive to nutrients.
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Grandmeister(m): 10:53am On Aug 16, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

WISHES HE NEVER GRANTS BECAUSE
1. THEY LACK FAITH
2. DIDN'T FAST AND PRAY ENOUGH
3. DOESN'T ALIGN TO HIS WILL
4. JUST WANTS THEM TO HOLD ON SOME MORE
cheesy
You and hopefullandlord are fighting a losing battle can’t you see it? You’ve commented on every thread about Christianity today like you did yesterday and will probably do tomorrow...effort in futility I tell you.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by lastchild: 10:56am On Aug 16, 2020
Exmilitant:
What sort of danger? Spiritual? Unlikely. Phisical? I got guns.
your evil uncle or landlord can be a danger on your life spiritually, they can cage you , escaping from that trap requires fasting and prayers
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by tabithababy(f): 11:03am On Aug 16, 2020
CaptainFM1:

Funny! If you so think like that, All our praying and fasting(hunger strike) for this country would have turned this nation to Dubai. Infact no country on earth should near Nigeria in terms of development.

Our problem is; the Bible and Qoran was handed over to us without the "manuals". So we perished for lack of understanding their contents.

Okay... Only on Nairaland will you see an atheist that says he doesn't believe in God or prayers but go to his house, you will found out his mum is the leader of prayer warrior group in CAC always interceding for him cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Exmilitant(m): 11:03am On Aug 16, 2020
I just understand that christians are more militant in guarding their beliefs than the moslems. Some are wishing evil on me because i said i don't fast! Some denominations in christiandom like the Jehovah's Witness do not fast. What do you guys have to say? Must one fast in order to get something? Why is fasting done only when problem is around? A WAEC candidate told me she was in a 3days fasting because of her exams! Imagine. If you have conditioned your mind to belief you must starve yourself for some days to ward off misfortune so be it. Don't judge or condemn others or try to shove your belief on them. Stay on your lane. There are many paths to GOD!!!
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by lastchild: 11:03am On Aug 16, 2020
CaptainFM1:

This your analogy is not correct at all.
On the contrary, the guy that took Tramadol/cocaine will be hyper and might want to challenge the hoodlums which could consequently got him shot!

In this context, I could say Fasting has come to save others their lives because they remain humble and willingly gave out their phones, wallets etc.

But in all, I realised that so many people think they are fasting whereas they are just starving themselves of food.
if you re-read that illustration you may understand exactly what I mean, if you read again you'll see when I said if they were being chased, meaning that the tramadol/cocain guy fights because they had no gun but runs when they have one
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 16, 2020
sunshineV:
zero intake of water damage d brain

Zero intake for how long? 3months or a year or 5years or forever? I want to know your answer..
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by sunshineV(f): 11:08am On Aug 16, 2020
Wolgrace:

Zero intake for how long? 3months or a year or 5years or forever? I want to know your answer..
hours
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by spyglaxx: 11:16am On Aug 16, 2020
lastchild:
if you re-read that illustration you may understand exactly what I mean, if you read again you'll see when I said if they were being chased, meaning that the tramadol/cocain guy fights because they had no gun but runs when they have one

Wrong illustration.

Fasting heightens the spiritual antenna to see things before it happens so that you can avoid it.

1 Like

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by spyglaxx: 11:20am On Aug 16, 2020
Exmilitant:
I just understand that christians are more militant in guarding their beliefs than the moslems. Some are wishing evil on me because i said i don't fast! Some denominations in christiandom like the Jehovah's Witness do not fast. What do you guys have to say? Must one fast in order to get something? Why is fasting done only when problem is around? A WAEC candidate told me she was in a 3days fasting because of her exams! Imagine. If you have conditioned your mind to belief you must starve yourself for some days to ward off misfortune so be it. Don't judge or condemn others or try to shove your belief on them. Stay on your lane. There are many paths to GOD!!!

Many Christians neglect the work and plan aspect and rely on prayer alone.

Christians are supposed to be the hardest and the most punctual workers in any organization but come to my place of work they have become a parasite that no private organisation will ever employ.
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by emmyloski125(m): 11:24am On Aug 16, 2020
Exmilitant:
Why would you defend or run for your life when heaven is your home and ultimate goal? Don'tcha wanna get home fastly?
Okay....I wanna ask you, why did the prophet Elijah flee from Jezebel to escape death, but was later taken up to Heaven by a chariot without him dying? Was it that he never knew that he'll not die?
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by lastchild: 11:27am On Aug 16, 2020
spyglaxx:

Wrong illustration.

Fasting heightens the spiritual antenna to see things before it happens so that you can avoid it.
wrong wrong wrong, if I have interview to attend and I need success, are you saying that what my fasting does is to see what will happen in the interview before attending?

No, what fasting does is to empower my prayers so it'll yield result
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by lastchild: 11:28am On Aug 16, 2020
sunshineV:
hours
lies
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Ezyp(m): 11:29am On Aug 16, 2020
Joshmodest:
The only benefit of fasting is --- you get to save some food ...that's all !!
Wrong!!!! When you fast ( denying yourself a pleasure i.e food) you are suppose to give that food to someone else who has nothing to eat. It goes a long way.
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by sunshineV(f): 11:30am On Aug 16, 2020
lastchild:
lies
okay. bye
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by kgr8mike(m): 11:32am On Aug 16, 2020
lastchild:

1... Strength

Nothing gives you strength to overcome sin like fasting, every small contact with a woman your dick stands, this doesn't happen when you fast, you have this ability to stand your ground

Fasting is the only thing that can give you strength to fast, when I fast I have the urge to fast more

2.. Spiritual immune

What I mean by spiritual immune is the same thing your biological immune do for you, when your immune system is strong it fights sickness without your knowledge

When you live a fasting and prayer lifestyle, it strengthens your spiritual immune that the spiritual bullets shot at you won't peneterate without you even knowing

3... Your spiritual porters opens up

Anytime am on fast my spiritual porters (doors) opens up that I can receive and give spiritually, I can easily connect to the anointing and disconnects from the world

4... Revelation outbreak

The first time I heard from God was
In a middle of 7 days water fasting in camp of faith okigwe, fasting connects you to the voice of the Holy spirit, fasting also attract the voice of the enemy but the same fasting will dictate the voice of the enemy

Fasting brings revelations in all angle, both in dreams, scriptural and human utterances

5...fasting breaks the yoke

There are certain things you can't conquer without fasting, there are battles you can't win without fasting

I spent many years in the bondage of masturbation until my fasting lifestyle began, I broke out in Mountain of fire prayer city Lagos, if you are a believer fasting is for you

Remember when you fast without prayers, you are just looking for a shape

I will like friendship with you if you don't mind. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 16, 2020
sunshineV:
hours

I don't know about you. It didn't damage mine, likewise many of our brethren, even some days dry fasting.. This is why it's called faith.
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by lastchild: 11:33am On Aug 16, 2020
emmyloski125:
Okay....I wanna ask you, why did the prophet Elijah flee from Jezebel to escape death, but was later taken up to Heaven by a chariot without him dying? Was it that he never knew that he'll not die?
he knew he was born not to die but he also knew that if he became careless he would die

Just like some people know very well that they are first class material based on the level of intellectual ability they posses but at the same time if they loose guard they are coming out with 3rd class
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by lastchild: 11:37am On Aug 16, 2020
kgr8mike:

I will like friendship with you if you don't mind. Thanks
you are highly welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Another Gospel: The Benny Hinn Experience / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups / Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.