Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,257 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda (761 Views)

Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? / Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! / Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:25am On Aug 16, 2020
Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda (Full Version)

1. I know God beyond any reasonable doubt to doubt His existence.

I have a very strong Christian background, as my parents were very committed church members, ordained church ministers for that matter, however as some atheists here have shown, that's not enough reason not to doubt the existence of God. But I have never doubted the existence of God, not even when I was still just a church-going sinner, not to talk of when i became a true believer.

If I've ever had any doubts about God, it's only been in the respect of Him being with me at some point in my walk with Him. Because despite that I could feel the tangible weight of His presence upon my physical body, in reality it was as though I was walking alone because it didn't appear to bear any real significance or effect on my immediate environment and things concerning me. And I wasn't going to settle for anything less because those who were here before us, like the Elijahs of those days didn't have two heads or commit more to God than i'd done. So if God could back them up to the extent that they had no reason to doubt if He was with them, I wasn't going to accept any less from God. He was going to give me that same kind of assurance or I won't agree.

It got to the extent that it became a regular prayer request whenever i prayed, but not any longer, even when I go through my worst moments, because God has granted my request beyond any reasonable doubt. So now it's not just that God exists, but that God is with me and lives in me beyond the shadow of any reasonable doubt.

And i feel like praising Him for that. Can someone shout hallelujah? HALLELUJAH!

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:26am On Aug 16, 2020
2. I love God too much for me to use atheism as a guise to get back at Him for some unpleasant experiences as most atheists do.

I've come to realize that for one to become an atheist as far as Nairaland was concerned, it doesn't require someone doubting God's existence, because a lot of them if not know that God exists, but are just using atheism as a guise to get back at God for some of their bad and unpleasant experiences in life.

*One once said her pastor asked her for a favor from her workplace, but she declined, so he threatened and/or rained curses on her, and that now she's an atheist.

*Another wasn't happy with the way God appeared to do nothing to stop his dearly beloved mother from dying. Now he's everywhere raining curses and abuses on God and everyone who defends His interest.

*One other well-known former Nairaland Christian apologist, was unhappy with the way he was sick to the point of death, and despite all the prayers of pastors and well wishers, it didn't make any difference...He came back after that experience doing what he hitherto slammed atheists for, blaspheming the name of God and mocking the power thereof.

*Another one of them had been at the receiving end of very bad and unplesant experiences at the hands of Christians amongst other things, so she took to atheism to get some vengeance.

*And so on and so forth.

So it's glaring that it doesn't take doubting God's existence to become an atheist here in Nairaland and probably elsewhere, which means there's a chance I would have been an atheist by now in Nairaland despite never doubting God's existence since I was born. Because I too have had some very terrible and unpleasant experiences myself, and the worst of all was when I lost someone very dear to me.

Now the fact that person who died was one of the very few who gave me a chance when I made a very difficult decision to forsake Everything in the interest of God, meant that she was one of the last persons I would have expected such to befall. So when she died, it came as a big shock to me, because i didn't see that coming at all. But I just believed that it wasn't meant for death but for God to be glorified, so I expected that God would bring her back to life. But she didn't come back to life as i expected.

After it became more glaring that she wouldn't be coming back anymore, those moments marked the furthest I have ever been away from God after I began to walk with Him at this level. I even completely stopped praying for several months at some point because I considered prayer to be a waste of time. So if there was ever a time I would have become an atheist to get back at God for bad and unpleasant experiences as most atheists here do, it'd have been then.

But it was yet during those my worst moments as a believer when i was so angry with God, that I realized the extent to which I loved God and had become one with Him. Because in spite of my fury, I would still find myself defending His interest and telling people good things about Him. I also noticed sometimes that during those moments of protest, I would still instinctively speaking and pondering upon His Word.

So it became clear that me and God "na one, no be two", because it's become like an eternal bond, and nothing could separate us...not even the most trying times. So since I couldn't separate from myself, there's nothing I could do to change that.

Therefore despite that I have had several serious quarrels with God where i expressed my disapproval for somethings He did or didn't do, i wouldn't come out in the open and start claiming He doesn't exist and so on as many atheists here do, because God na my Papa, so na family matter whenever we get disagreement, we go settle am in-house familiarly.

Moreover what the atheists do is one thing that makes me to even respect and love God the more, because i don't know who else would be able to take such extent of insults and abuses from dust and ashes which they made and gave a brain. Even me, honestly speaking, I don't think I would be able to bear with them to this extent. It's even God's patience that I'm trying hard to emulate, so that I wouldn't be found working against His interest.

That's why it would be impossible for me become like them and do the same to God.

https://www.nairaland.com/6057214/five-reasons-becoming-atheist-not#92871480
Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by hakeem4(m): 7:29am On Aug 16, 2020
I know God beyond any reasonable doubt to doubt His existence.

The problem I’ve with you believers is that you always claim you know everything (meanwhile you guys know nothing)

In the article you said you can feel the Tangible weight of god on your physical body. If this isn’t a mental illness then I don’t know what to classify it as. How does a spirit interact with a physical being?

Summary:- the reason why you won’t still doubt the existence of your god even in the face of overwhelming evidence is because you’re a credulous fool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 16, 2020
Why would atheist want to get back on something they believe doesn't exit?

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:32am On Aug 16, 2020
3. The greatest scientists in history are not atheists. For instance, Isaac Newton.

The way atheists go about bragging about science and boasting of its exploits in the course of advancing their antireligious and anti-God sentiments, one would think atheists were the custodians of science, and that science owes it advancements to atheism. But that couldn't be any further from the truth, as none, not even a single one of the greatest scientists in history was an atheist.

If I mentioned scientists like Joseph, the greatest scientist of his era while in the land of Egypt which became one of the world's first civilization, or the quartet of Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who were the greatest scientists of their era and found by King Nebuchadnezzar to be ten times wiser than their fellow scientists, while in the ancient city of Babylon of Mesopotamia, which is said to be the world's first civilization, the atheists would say they're fictional characters so would not count as real scientists.

But what would they have to say about Isaac Newton the greatest scientist in modern history, who was head and shoulders above the rest? That shows that the instances of the scientists in the Bible of those who were said to be better than their fellow scientists and the greatest of their respective eras, being not just religious but God-fearing men was at least not an aberration even though they think it's not true.

So while there may have been many scientists who were atheists, they were more like the decorations in one's parlour, or sit-fillers in shows just to fill up the gap. They've never been at the helm of the field of science but just playing minor roles while the religious, especially the God-fearing ones were the ones that held sway and determined the path which science took.

So going by history of the greatest scientists in that field, it clearly shows that atheism was not the way to go for any one who doesn't aim to become just a benchwarmer in science, but one of the greatest scientist in its history. For history has shown that the religious and God-fearing way is the wise way to go. And so do I!
Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:33am On Aug 16, 2020
4. The greatest nations in history have never been built on atheism. For instance, The USA.

The idea that religion was the bane of many nations, and mainly responsible for the backwardness of Africa is one of the major arguments being presented by NL atheists against religion. So one could be misled to think that the nations which were shaped by their atheistic mindset faired much better than the religious ones. But that cannot be any further from the truth because none of the greatest nations in the history of the world has been built with the atheistic mindset, not even one.

The Egyptian empire, the Persian empire, Babylonian empire, Roman empire, British empire, Greek empire, the USA and so on all had religious beliefs. So while some may not have been allegiant to the God of the Abrahamic religions, none were irreligious for everyone has their god or gods which they worshipped.

So if history was anything to go by, for any nation or people on Earth that wanted to become as great as any of the above nations, the way to go was obviously not the way of atheism but that of religion which also rules out the idea for me.
Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:33am On Aug 16, 2020
5. I don't want to be a fool.

Psalms 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Finally thank God i'm not a fool!

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 16, 2020
To your first point, you believe that God exit beyond any REASONABLE doubt; yet you couldn't come up with any reasonable reason.
Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:35am On Aug 16, 2020
AhmedEmeka:
Why would atheist want to get back on something they believe doesn't exit?

Because it's just a flimsy excuse for most of them.
Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by hakeem4(m): 7:40am On Aug 16, 2020
Your 2nd point is flawed. Atheism is just the lack of believe in a god or gods that’s all. I don’t think any rational atheist would want To get back at god. Because he/she doesn’t believe in god either.

It’s like saying I’d get back at Voldemort for hurting Harry Potter.

All these People are fictional characters

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 16, 2020
For every religious developed nation, there are 10 irreligious nation to match it.

The US kind of Christianity is far different from what you have here in Nigeria, they have mostly prosperity pastors that encourages them to make enough money here on earth and enjoy life on earth and not always threatening them with hell.

Most average atheist wouldn't have given atheist much thought if they are from a country that everything work.
Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 16, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
5. I don't want to be a fool.

Psalms 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

God bless Nigeria.
But Atheist don't say it in their heart, we proclaim it. Does that makes us wise?

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by hakeem4(m): 7:44am On Aug 16, 2020
Your 3rd point is the most stupid reason I’ve ever seen. Isaac Newton was a Great scientist Yes! He was a Christian, yes! But that doesn’t make Christianity right in anyway.

The same Isaac Newton was an alchemist. So because he was a great scientist and an alchemist. Does it make alchemy right?

You just committed the false analogy fallacy.

You said atheistic scientist were just in the list for decoration sake grin grin guy stop drinking beer and stick to your holy communion

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by CAPSLOCKED: 7:46am On Aug 16, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
4. The greatest nations in history have never been built on atheism. For instance, The USA.

1. USA IS NOT THE GREATEST NATION IN THE WORLD.
2. USA WASN'T BUILT ON CHRISTIANITY.

I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO PUSH AN AGENDA AS USUAL AND MISLEAD ALREADY GULLIBLE FOLKS. BUT I'M HERE TO CRASH YOUR PARTY.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:48am On Aug 16, 2020
hakeem4:
Your 2nd point is flawed. Atheism is just the lack of believe in a god or gods that’s all. I don’t think any rational atheist would want To get back at god. Because he/she doesn’t believe in god either.

It’s like saying I’d get back at Voldemort for hurting Harry Potter.

All these People are fictional characters
Lol! Keep deceiving yourselves. You're can't survive without the religious section, yet you claim God doesn't exist. What an irony!

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 16, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Because it's just a flimsy excuse for most of them.
How is ignoring someone vengeance?
Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:51am On Aug 16, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

1. USA IS NOT THE GREATEST NATION IN THE WORLD.
2. USA WASN'T BUILT ON CHRISTIANITY.

I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO PUSH AN AGENDA AS USUAL AND MISLEAD ALREADY GULLIBLE FOLKS. BUT I'M HERE TO CRASH YOUR PARTY.
Look at this one.

Even superman wouldn't want to help you in this one because it's more than a mission impossible. So I wish you good luck. You'd need a lot of it. wink

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:53am On Aug 16, 2020
hakeem4:

The problem I’ve with you believers is that you always claim you know everything (meanwhile you guys know nothing)

In the article you said you can feel the Tangible weight of god on your physical body. If this isn’t a mental illness then I don’t know what to classify it as. How does a spirit interact with a physical being?

Summary:- the reason why you won’t still doubt the existence of your god even in the face of overwhelming evidence is because you’re a credulous fool
So says a living proof of God existence that would still be foolishly looking somewhere else for proof. I understand where you're coming from.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by hakeem4(m): 7:55am On Aug 16, 2020
USA a christian nation How? it is literally a meaningless statement, i mean the constitution delibrately forbids all mention of god in it, let alone of jesus. Though the declearation of indepence made mention of a creator, but very specifically it does not say if it was a muslim or christian diety.Neither did it say that this creator intervenes in our day to day activity. Most of the people who wrote declearation were diest not theist. It is true to say that most of the people in america are christians Yes! but that is a banal fact

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:58am On Aug 16, 2020
AhmedEmeka:

But Atheist don't say it in their heart, we proclaim it. Does that makes is wise?
So you mean you don't mean it right?

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:59am On Aug 16, 2020
hakeem4:
USA a christian nation How? it is literally as meaningless statement, i mean the constitution delibrately forbids all mention of god in it, let alone of jesus. Though the declearation of indepence made mention of a creator, but very specifically it does not say if it was a muslim or christian diety.Neither did it say that this creator intervenes in our day to day activity. Most of the people who wrote declearation were diest not theist. It is true to say that most of the people in america are christians Yes! but that is a banal fact
Get any denomination of the US national currency to get your answer.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:01am On Aug 16, 2020
hakeem4:
Your 3rd point is the most stupid reason I’ve ever seen. Isaac Newton was a Great scientist Yes! He was a Christian, yes! But that doesn’t make Christianity right in anyway.

The same Isaac Newton was an alchemist. So because he was a great scientist and an alchemist. Does it make alchemy right?

You just committed the false analogy fallacy.

You said atheistic scientist were just in the list for decoration sake grin grin guy stop drinking beer and stick to your holy communion
Lol! He was not an atheist period! Learn to live with that fact.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by hakeem4(m): 8:05am On Aug 16, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Lol! Keep deceiving yourselves. You're can't survive without the religious section, yet you claim God doesn't exist. What an irony!
Debating you guys is always fun. And to tell people believing in god is a waste of time. Even though you guys go out and proselytize
Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by hakeem4(m): 8:06am On Aug 16, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Get any denomination of the US national currency to get your answer.
neither is nigeria a muslim state, just because we have arabic in our currency or military flag

stop thinking like a slowpoke
Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by MJBOLT: 8:07am On Aug 16, 2020
how about 5 reasons you shouldn't have returned back to nairaland

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by hakeem4(m): 8:11am On Aug 16, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Lol! He was not an atheist period! Learn to live with that fact.

yeah and he being a christian never made him great stick with that also
Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:14am On Aug 16, 2020
hakeem4:
neither is nigeria a muslim state, just because we have arabic in our currency or military flag

stop thinking like a slowpoke
Lol! You claim we are ignorant ones yey you're the one exibiting it here. Arabic is just a language like English is. And it doesn't state anything about God there. That should even show you what makes "In God We Trust" in the US national currency more profound because even religious Nigeria never reach that level!

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:17am On Aug 16, 2020
MJBOLT:
how about 5 reasons you shouldn't have returned back to nairaland
Lol! Five reasons i'm back and better than ever.
Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by MJBOLT: 8:21am On Aug 16, 2020
you are back with more jokes and more failed prophesy

jesusjnr2020:
Lol! Five reasons i'm back and better than ever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:25am On Aug 16, 2020
hakeem4:

yeah and he being a christian never made him great stick with that also
Lol! I'm sure you're the one that gave him the ability to be better than all atheist scientists. What a joker!
Re: Five Reasons Becoming An Atheist Is Not On My Agenda by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:26am On Aug 16, 2020
MJBOLT:
you are back with more jokes and more failed prophesy

Well we see about that...

(1) (2) (Reply)

What I Mean When I Say God Doesn’t Exist. / When The Husbands And Wives Decided To Swap Roles For A Week, How Did It End? / What Does The Bible Say About Islam And Mohammed ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.