Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? (18172 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons / Should A Non-tither Take Up Leadership Position In A Tithe Paying Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 12:36am On Aug 19, 2020
Webmannigeria:
Our Lord Jesus is the WORD and the word says we should pay tithes, if you believe that WE shouldn't, then hold on to it, that's your believe..... .
Where did Jesus Christ, the word of God, command you to tithe?
Webmannigeria:
I don't argue over doctrines.....Knowing doctrines without knowing the LORD won't get me into heaven..
Jesus Christ is against the pursuance of doctrines and traditions of men in everyway. He warned that obeying such doctrine will nullify the power of God in your life.

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted
So how can you know doctrines and know The LORD - according to Jesus Christ, that is impossible.
Webmannigeria:
Nothing will happen to you if you PAY YOUR TITHE.

He told you instead to obey His teachings if you truly love Him. You cannot know Him if you do not obey His teachings.

John 14 vs 23-24 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23. Jesus answered, “All who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them. My Father and I will come to them and live with them.
24. But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine. It is from my Father who sent me.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by delkuf(m): 2:20am On Aug 19, 2020
victorazyvictor:

You win bro! grin
Bros you dey fear
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 2:43am On Aug 19, 2020
akinwale701:
OP, you need to read more on the concept of Qorban (Offering) in the Bible.
Offerings were also of the Old Covenant, not the New Covenant.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by delkuf(m): 3:03am On Aug 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
So if we are not decendant of Israel we have nothing to do with the old convenant
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Webmannigeria: 7:57am On Aug 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Where did Jesus Christ, the word of God, command you to tithe?
Jesus Christ is against the pursuance of doctrines and traditions of men in everyway. He warned that obeying such doctrine will nullify the power of God in your life.

** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted
So how can you know doctrines and know The LORD - according to Jesus Christ, that is impossible.

He told you instead to obey His teachings if you truly love Him. You cannot know Him if you do not obey His teachings.

Thanks for all the Bible verses but like i said earlier nothing will happen to you if you PAY YOUR TITHE......thanks and have a blessed DAY AHEAD
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:23pm On Aug 19, 2020
delkuf:
Bros you dey fear

Fear who or what?

I no get fear in my life o!
Am a descendant of Israel I fear nothing but God and His words and commands.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Webmannigeria:
Thanks for all the Bible verses but like i said earlier nothing will happen to you if you PAY YOUR TITHE......thanks and have a blessed DAY AHEAD
Paying tithe is in disobedience to God... anyways... you are free to choose your path as far as God's commandments to us is concerned. grin
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by akinwale701(m): 8:50am On Aug 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Nope, only Tithe is of the Old Testament, offerings were collected even during Jesus' ministry.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 10:43am On Aug 20, 2020
akinwale701:

Nope, only Tithe is of the Old Testament, offerings were collected even during Jesus' ministry.
offerings we're collected by Jesus Christ? Where?
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by akinwale701(m): 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:
offerings we're collected by Jesus Christ? Where?

I never said "by Jesus Christ", I said "during His ministry". Haven't you read about there people go to Synagogue and they were all paying offering and one old woman (a widow) dropped the total (though very little) amount she had and Jesus noticed and taught about it?
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 2:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
akinwale701:

I never said "by Jesus Christ", I said "during His ministry". Haven't you read about there people go to Synagogue and they were all paying offering and one old woman (a widow) dropped the total (though very little) amount she had and Jesus noticed and taught about it?
That was the old Covenant people, nothing to do with Jess Christ, the new Covenant. Jesus Christ's message there wss not about the giving of OFFERING, but about giving of all you had as Gid has commanded we give in His New Covenant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nicholas Chukwuemeka Tagbo Burial Ceremony In Onitsha (Photos) / Questions W.F Kumuyi Must Answer Before Coming To Aba / The Interesting things About God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.