Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? (18179 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons / Should A Non-tither Take Up Leadership Position In A Tithe Paying Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by sonofthunder: 9:02am On Aug 17, 2020
rossovu:

Straightforward from where to where?

If you can keep the whole 613 laws, then it's okay to pay tithe. If you can't keep all 613 laws then paying tithe attracts a curse. Please read Galatians 3 vs 10-11

Christ has set you free, dont be entangled again with the yoke of bondage.... see Galatians 5 vs 1-4

I'm not saying you can't give if you want to, you can but please don't call it tithe.

Tithe has nothing to do with Christianity.
Christ never paid or collected tithe.
Can't you see how you keep tripping yourself, already mixing up the religious and cultural laws or how did you count up to over 600 laws? I'm just wasting my time here. Cherry on.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by rossovu: 1:50pm On Aug 17, 2020
sonofthunder:

Can't you see how you keep tripping yourself, already mixing up the religious and cultural laws or how did you count up to over 600 laws? I'm just wasting my time here. Cherry on.
It's obvious you don't read your bible in context!

Btw, it doesn't really matter if the laws are 10 or a million in number, for the fact that you're obeying the law of tithe, u should do the same for the rest lest you attract a curse.

If you like keep whining... most of us here understand your kind.

You can rest now!
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

What he did was tithing. The word firstlings is the same as firstfruits and used interchangeably with tithe.

Genesis 4:4 KJV
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

Proverbs 3:9
Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

So, first fruit and one-tenth mean the same to you? And I was here taking you seriously.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by VirginFinder: 11:27pm On Aug 17, 2020
Dotherightthing:

My Bbrother, Eeveryone will go to God Almighty to answer for his/her deed.
It's a Ppersonal Rrace!
Revelation 22:11-12
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 11:34pm On Aug 17, 2020
Onliie:
and born of spirit. Born again is to see, born of spirit is to enter
see what? Enter what?
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
nyiamfrank:
Tithes to me has nothing to do with heaven if I understand it correctly. God said I will open heaven and pour blessings hear on earth not to go to heaven and get the blessings.
Not for you. God said that to the Priests over His people, Israel.

What He told you is that you should obey His commandment if you want anything from Him through Jesus Christ.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On Aug 17, 2020
wfjimmytobby:
WTF!!..how the hell did he go to Lagos on empty tank ..bullshit

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 11:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
ylaa:
To start with, WHY will you not pay your tithe?
Are you not working?
If yes, ain't you doing business? People no dey dash you money?
Well I don't know but I am a tither. Been paying tithe as a teenager as my mum made sure we set aside one tenth of what we receive as pocket money for our tithe.

Anyway, if its lack of money, join this biz, earn money per seconds.
Be financially free ok.
Its a vtu business. Recharge and get paid. RAGP

R�� Rebellion
A�� Against
G�� Generational
P�� Poverty
������������
God, who Himself instituted generational curses, freed us all from it back in Ezekiel 18 but since your pastors have yet to tell you that, you continue instead to believe, against what God said, that you are under a generational curse of some kind which you need to continue to pay your way out of.

Ezekiel 18 vs 1-14 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. The word of the Lord came to me. He said,
2. “Why do you people say this proverb: ‘The parents ate the sour grapes, but the children got the sour taste’[a]?”
3. But the Lord God says, “By my life, I swear that people in Israel will not think this proverb is true anymore!
4. I will treat everyone, child and parent, just the same. The one who sins is the one who will die!
5. “A person who is good will live! He is fair and does what is right.
6. He doesn’t go to the mountains to share food offered to idols. He doesn’t pray to those filthy idols in Israel. He doesn’t commit adultery with his neighbor’s wife or with a woman during her period.
7. He doesn’t take advantage of others. If someone borrows money from him, he might take something of value before he gives the money. But when that person pays him back, he returns what he took. He gives food to the hungry and clothes to people who need them.
8. If someone wants to borrow money from him, he lends the money and doesn’t charge interest on the loan. He refuses to be crooked. He is always fair with everyone. People can trust him.
9. He obeys my laws and studies my rules so that he can learn to be fair and dependable. He is good, so he will live.” This is what the Lord God said.
Do you not see that you have been 419ed in the namis duef God? And all this due to your ignorance.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 11:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
femi4:
Yes. Tithing is a prerequisite for blessing not making heaven

Believing in God and that of his Son Jesus Christ is a key to making heaven
Tithing is not a prerequisite for anything, of that sort. The only prerequisite you need to worry yourself with, as far as Jesus Christ is concerned is Obedience of His teachings. And since you are not a descendant of Jacob, you had better focus on obeying the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ and not the old covenant laws which would amount to disobedience.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 12:46am On Aug 18, 2020
Investnow2017:

Abel made an animal sacrifice long before the Judaism law, should Christians follow your principle and engage in making animal sacrfices too?

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 12:48am On Aug 18, 2020
victorazyvictor:

You can't be born again and dont pay tithe.....
None tither cant make heaven, believe it or leave it.

Tithe is an evidence of membership of God's kingdom, is an instruction and obey between father and son, leader and subject. etc. dont be deceived.
Lies!

The only way to get into heaven is to become like a child, as Jesus Christ commanded and those who do that obey Jesus Christ's commandments - none of them about tithing though.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 12:53am On Aug 18, 2020
seunayantokun:

If my church practises tithing, I must be part of it. If my church doesn't, I can't be guilty of not paying. I must keep the unity of the spirit and the church and by so doing fulfill the law of love and of the Lord. Tithing or no tithing might not be a sin. If your church practises it and you don't want to, leave. If your church doesn't practises it and you want to, go where you will be able to do your urging. It will be a serious sin to say you won't pay tithes in a church where it is judiciously used to pay salaries, meet needs of the needy, etc.

There are debates today because church finances are not being managed in many places the way they should be managed.

In churches where tithes are not paid, some other forms of donations and offerings are taken. The church is a place where spiritual and other kinds of needs are met, and those who are engaged in carrying out the roles have to be remunerated too.

We need to understand the New covenant (testament) but we can't do that without properly understanding its basis which is contained in the Old Testament part of our Bible. From the Old Testament, I understand that God is not a straitjacketed public prosecutor looking for sinners to hang but He doesn't tolerate sin or rebellion. God is love. Where divine love prevails, there is no questioning or debating, and for that, we are all responsible, the clergy and the laity.

What God does not tolerate is disobedience. Yes, He hates sin but He cannot tolerate Disobedience, even the one borne out of ignorance.

God never told you that your first need to practice His old covenant to understand it. Neither did He tell you that you could since the old covenant is an agreement between God and the descendants of Jacob only.

Since you are not a descendant of. Jacob, attempting to practice the old covenant amounts to disobedience because you would be adding yourself into what God never added you to.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Onliie(m): 2:36am On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
see what? Enter what?
see the kingdom of heaven. Now you can be born again and not be born of water and spirit. But you can't be born of water and spirit without being born again. The second is a further step you have to take to enter the kingdom of GOD. Being born again is not enough. Being born of spirit is to be led and be trained by the Holy ghost. The Bible says as many as are led by the spirit of the Lord are the children of God. Not those that are just born again.
Being led by the spirit qualifies you to enter.

This is not a mystery. A man can have a child as his adopted child but if the child never honour the father nor submit to the father's leadership, and does as he will and misbehaves, he will probably be disowned or something.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:36am On Aug 18, 2020
Onliie:
see the kingdom of heaven. Now you can be born again and not be born of water and spirit. But you can't be born of water and spirit without being born again. The second is a further step you have to take to enter the kingdom of GOD. Being born again is not enough. Being born of spirit is to be led and be trained by the Holy ghost. The Bible says as many as are led by the spirit of the Lord are the children of God. Not those that are just born again. Being led by the spirit qualifies you to enter.
OK
Onliie:
This is not a mystery. A man can have a child as his adopted child but if the child never honour the father nor submit to the father's leadership, and does as he will and misbehaves, he will probably be disowned or something.
Ok.

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by xproducer: 5:56am On Aug 18, 2020
Alexgman1:
Can someone who rarely pay tithe because of one of two reasons or doesn't pay tithe at all through out his life make heaven if he/she dies or when rapture takes place?

Let the men of GOD in the house clear the air on this.

-----------------

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

"knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified." - Galatians 2:16

"Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone." - Romans 9:32
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by wfjimmytobby(m): 6:59am On Aug 18, 2020
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=92938672][/quote]...as in they always feed us with crap stories
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by seunayantokun(m): 10:27am On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:

What God does not tolerate is disobedience. Yes, He hates sin but He cannot tolerate Disobedience, even the one borne out of ignorance.

God never told you that your first need to practice His old covenant to understand it. Neither did He tell you that you could since the old covenant is an agreement between God and the descendants of Jacob only.

Since you are not a descendant of. Jacob, attempting to practice the old covenant amounts to disobedience because you would be adding yourself into what God never added you to.

I have taken a look at history and the Bible. This is it: tithing is an Old Testament practice. The church in history decided to use it as a source of income to finance her activities. It was later dropped at various times by churches in certain places. In some European countries where Christianity is like a state religion, some form of tax has replaced it and you are exempted if you don't identify with any church.

What the New Testament demands is donations, or offerings if you like, which you expected to do according to how God has been good to you. Honestly, that is beyond tithes.

My personal position is if a group of people or individual wants to pay tithes, it can never be a sin to them: all that the Lord requires from them is 'a cheerful giver'. And if some people say they are not paying tithes, good for them, no sin. But note giving under the New Testament is more because it is based on God's goodness to you. Also note that if you sow sparingly, you'll reap sparingly. That is the New Testament.

There's no point asserting tithers are breaking God's New Covenant. I cannot see any Bible verse that says so. Choose what you want please. Saying that kind of things is like saying the seventh day Adventists are rejected by Jesus. And as a man, if your foreskin has been cut off by your parents, you can never be a Christian because they have put an Old Testament mark on you - is that correct? Does circumcision or uncircumcision make you a Christian? Please discard irrelevancies and stop a fight Jesus has not commanded you to embark on.

You see, many don't want to give today because of lots of things I don't have time to mention here. I repeat: if your church practices tithing and you don't like it, leave. And if you want to pay tithes and your church doesn't practice it, go where you can satisfy your soul. Christianity is not a bondage!
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by victorazyvictor(m): 10:51am On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Lies!

The only way to get into heaven is to become like a child, as Jesus Christ commanded and those who do that obey Jesus Christ's commandments - none of them about tithing though.

Maybe you don't know that tithe is a command. grin

Pray hard bro and stop deceiving yourself.

You wan go stay with God you disobey abi? grin

kwontinu
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
victorazyvictor:
Maybe you don't know that tithe is a command. grin
Pray hard bro and stop deceiving yourself.
You wan go stay with God you disobey abi? grin
kwontinu
Oh, I know Tithe is a command in the Old Covenant, and I also know that the Old Covenant is an agreement God made between Himelf and the descendants of Jacob.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.
19. “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20. You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
Meaning all of you who are not descendants of Jacob that pretend you can obey a law that you will never benefit from, are only trying to insert yourself into an agreement that God never made with you or your ilk. And by doing so, you have chosen to add to yourselves and your type of tithing into God's agreement with His people Israel, without God's permission, all in disobedience to God.

Deuteronomy 4 vs 1-2 (ERV)
1. “Now, Israel, listen to the laws and to the commands that I teach you. Obey them and you will live. Then you can go in and take the land that the Lord, the God of your ancestors, is giving you.
2. You must not add to what I command you. And you must not take anything away. You must obey the commands of the Lord your God that I have given you.
Remember, God will never share what He has set aside for Israel with anyone.
Furthermore, you have chosen to ignore the agreement He provided for you through Jesus Christ, His New Covenant, since you cannot have one foot in one covenant and the other foot in the other covenant.

Matthew 9 vs 14-17
14. Then the followers of John came to Jesus and said, “We and the Pharisees fast often, but your followers don’t ever fast. Why?”
15. Jesus answered, “At a wedding the friends of the bridegroom are not sad while he is with them. They cannot fast then. But the time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them. Then they will fast.
16. “When someone sews a patch over a hole in an old coat, they never use a piece of cloth that has not already been shrunk. If they do, the patch will shrink and pull away from the coat. Then the hole will be worse.
17. Also, people never pour new wine into old wineskins. They would break, the wine would spill out, and the wineskins would be ruined. People always put new wine into new wineskins, which won’t break, and the wine stays good.”
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Aug 18, 2020
seunayantokun:
My personal position is if a group of people or individual wants to pay tithes, it can never be a sin to them: all that the Lord requires from them is 'a cheerful giver'. And if some people say they are not paying tithes, good for them, no sin. But note giving under the New Testament is more because it is based on God's goodness to you. Also note that if you sow sparingly, you'll reap sparingly. That is the New Testament.
I see what you are saying, and I am with you. If a group comes together to decide to tithe, it should be made clear that the tithing in question is in no way associated with anything that God has in fact commanded though. This is where most churches fail. By declaring that God has something to do with the tithing practices they follow, the churches/groups themselves are in violation of God's own commandments, and hence not of God. There are several commandments that are broken by pretending the rules one follows are of God when indeed they are not.

1. “Now, Israel, listen to the laws and to the commands that I teach you. Obey them and you will live. Then you can go in and take the land that the Lord, the God of your ancestors, is giving you.
2. You must not add to what I command you. And you must not take anything away. You must obey the commands of the Lord your God that I have given you.
God has given no man or group the right to add or remove from His law, both the old and the New Covenant. So anyone that lies to cajole people into believing their version of tithing is of God, does so is disobedience to God Himself.
seunayantokun:
There's no point asserting tithers are breaking God's New Covenant. I cannot see any Bible verse that says so.
Tithers who believe they do so in the name of God break many of God's own commandments, the biggest of which is pretending they can simply by saying so insert themselves into an agreement which was never intended for them to begin with - the Old Covenant.
Tithing and all that concerns it, was defined by God in His Old Covenant agreement, an agreement He made with the descendants of Israel

15. “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.
19. “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20. You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
. Only those who were descendants of Jacob were included in God's Tithing plan and only they were given the promise of Abraham, the Land of Canaan to live in forever. Even the foreigners who lived among them were not included as part of God's tithing law.
This is an everlasting covenant and God will never share what belongs to His people Israel with those who are not descended from Jacob.
Another commandment that is broken is from Jesus Christ Himself, where He tells His followers not to mix old wine and new wine.

Matthew 9 vs 14-17
14. Then the followers of John came to Jesus and said, “We and the Pharisees fast often, but your followers don’t ever fast. Why?”
15. Jesus answered, “At a wedding the friends of the bridegroom are not sad while he is with them. They cannot fast then. But the time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them. Then they will fast.
16. “When someone sews a patch over a hole in an old coat, they never use a piece of cloth that has not already been shrunk. If they do, the patch will shrink and pull away from the coat. Then the hole will be worse.
17. Also, people never pour new wine into old wineskins. They would break, the wine would spill out, and the wineskins would be ruined. People always put new wine into new wineskins, which won’t break, and the wine stays good.”
Jesus Christ warned His followers not to try to dip one foot in the Old Covenant and the other in the New covenant. As you can see, it leads to having no wine at all. LOL
seunayantokun:
Saying that kind of things is like saying the seventh day Adventists are rejected by Jesus. And as a man, if your foreskin has been cut off by your parents, you can never be a Christian because they have put an Old Testament mark on you - is that correct? Does circumcision or uncircumcision make you a Christian? Please discard irrelevancies and stop a fight Jesus has not commanded you to embark on.
I would not go as far as to say that they are rejected by Jesus Christ. Was Jesus Christ not Himself circumcized? Were the Apostles of Jesus Christ not themselves circumcised (they were all Jews too)? Once one is willing to reject one's old ways and unlearn all that was previously stored up in one, one can indeed embrace the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ. And it is essential that one unloads all previous programmings or one remains stuck in the same position as far as Jesus Christ, the New Covenant is concerned.

God makes the rules and we are meant to follow His rules and His rules only. No man or group of men has the authority to make rules on behalf of God, and no group has any authority to remove laws or disregard teachings from God in any way or form.So anyone who wants a life with God has to make certain to understand this and be willing to obey Him and Him alone, no matter what. Avoid groups if you have to so you can focus on Him and Him alone.
seunayantokun:
You see, many don't want to give today because of lots of things I don't have time to mention here. I repeat: if your church practices tithing and you don't like it, leave. And if you want to pay tithes and your church doesn't practice it, go where you can satisfy your soul. Christianity is not a bondage!
I don't agree with that at all. Many would rather their giving goes to better use. And Jesus Christ did stipulate exactly How we oought to give instead. Did you know that? Yes, Jesus Christ told His followers what to do, who to give to and how to give. Why do you not obey Him instead of your group? If Jesus Christ is truly the reason for your Christianity, why not obey Him with all you have, rather than obeying some group over Him?
Mind you, Jesus Christ never called you to join a group... He said only those who obey His teaching are those who love Him.

John 14 vs 23-24 (ERV)
23. Jesus answered, “All who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them. My Father and I will come to them and live with them.
24. But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine. It is from my Father who sent me.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by victorazyvictor(m): 2:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Oh, I know Tithe is a command in the Old Covenant, and I also know that the Old Covenant is an agreement God made between Himelf and the descendants of Jacob.

Malachi 3:8-13
[8]I ask you, is it right for a person to cheat God? Of course not, yet you are cheating me. ‘How?’ you ask. In the matter of tithes and offerings.
[9]A curse is on all of you because the whole nation is cheating me.
[10]Bring the full amount of your tithes to the Temple, so that there will be plenty of food there. Put me to the test and you will see that I will open the windows of heaven and pour out on you in abundance all kinds of good things.
[11]I will not let insects destroy your crops, and your grapevines will be loaded with grapes.
[12]Then the people of all nations will call you happy, because your land will be a good place to live in.
[13]“You have said terrible things about me,” says the Lord. “But you ask, ‘What have we said about you?’

You want to live with God your cheating? grin bros nawao! there is no justification there. if your an obedient child of God, tithe should be your priority.

Am not perfect or diligent on paying tithes, BUT am pleading for God's help to be faithful on tithing because I know the importance.

The greatest enemy man can get is not Satan, but he who is advising him not to pay tithe. You know what I find out? tithe neglectors are poor people.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 2:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
victorazyvictor:
Malachi 3:8-13
[8]I ask you, is it right for a person to cheat God? Of course not, yet you are cheating me. ‘How?’ you ask. In the matter of tithes and offerings.
[9]A curse is on all of you because the whole nation is cheating me.
[10]Bring the full amount of your tithes to the Temple, so that there will be plenty of food there. Put me to the test and you will see that I will open the windows of heaven and pour out on you in abundance all kinds of good things.
[11]I will not let insects destroy your crops, and your grapevines will be loaded with grapes.
[12]Then the people of all nations will call you happy, because your land will be a good place to live in.
[13]“You have said terrible things about me,” says the Lord. “But you ask, ‘What have we said about you?’

You want to live with God your cheating? grin bros nawao! there is no justification there. if your an obedient child of God, tithe should be your priority.
But Malachi was again written to those of the Old Covenant... which you are not a part of and can never be a part of. So why is it a message to you as well? Are you in some way trying desperately to insert yourself in the Old Covenant?

God will never give you what He has promised His people, Israel. He will never do that. So you best get to learning what He has in fact made available for you and focus instead on just that
victorazyvictor:
Am not perfect or diligent on paying tithes, BUT am pleading for God's help to be faithful on tithing because I know the importance.
The greatest enemy man can get is not Satan, but he who is advising him not to pay tithe. You know what I find out? tithe neglectors are poor people.
You are not diligent with paying tithes but you are instead diligent with disobeying God's commandment from the same Old Covenant? By trying to add yourself to His tithing law in His name, what you are guilty of doing is adding to His commandment /agreement, and God detests that even more.

I suggest you pick that book by yourself, become like a child as Jesus Christ has commanded you, so you can learn the truth of God from all the faulty lies and programming that you seem to believe there.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by victorazyvictor(m): 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
But Malachi was again written to those of the Old Covenant... which you are not a part of and can never be a part of. So why is it a message to you as well? Are you in some way trying desperately to insert yourself in the Old Covenant?
God will never give you what He has promised His people, Israel. He will never do that. So you best get to learning what He has in fact made available for you and focus instead on just that
You are not diligent with paying tithes but you are instead diligent with disobeying God's commandment from the same Old Covenant? By trying to add yourself to His tithing law in His name, what you are guilty of doing is adding to His commandment /agreement, and God detests that even more.
I suggest you pick that book by yourself, become like a child as Jesus Christ has commanded you, so you can learn the truth of God from all the faulty lies and programming that you seem to believe there.

My brother, no need arguing.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever. His words stand.

Tithing is command from God Himself not Adam, Abraham or Moses, is from God so it can't be old. grin

Mind you, me saying I am no diligent on tithing doesn't mean I've never paid tithe before or not paying tithe, am just trying to be sincere to you as an imperfect man trying to be fare.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2020
victorazyvictor:
My brother, no need arguing.
God is the same yesterday, today and forever. His words stand.
Tithing is command from God Himself not Adam, Abraham or Moses, is from God so it can't be old. grin
Yes, tithing is a command to the descendants of Israel, of which you are not.

Please open that book to read it of your own so you can learn His truth from all the lies that you have been told of Him. It is not ok to live ignorant of the Truth of His commandments.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by victorazyvictor(m): 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Yes, tithing is a command to the descendants of Israel, of which you are not.

Please open that book to read it of your own so you can learn His truth from all the lies that you have been told of Him. It is not ok to live ignorant of the Truth of His commandments.

My brother please don't pay tithes me go pay grin

I know the importance.

Am a descendant of Israel.

If only you know the blessings attached to Israel grin
(Maybe your a Muslim sha)

Thank you sir.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
victorazyvictor:

My brother please don't pay tithes me go pay grin
I know the importance.
Am a descendant of Israel.
If only you know the blessings attached to Israel grin
(Maybe your a Muslim sha)
Thank you sir.
How are you a descendant of Israel?

What blessing is attached to Israel? You mean the promise of eternity on earth living in the land of Israel(NOT the kingdom of Heaven).

You mean the blessings of Israel is greater than the blessing of being able to ask for anything in the name of Jesus Christ? I am not sure what blessing of Israel you are referring to that could be greater than the blessings and promises that is to those who chose Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, instead. Jesus Christ does not promise us anything that God gave to Israel, but His promises are much better. In Jesus Christ we are made sons of God and become heirs to the Kingdom of God. We also get eternal life that is lived out in Heaven, His Kingdom.

That is a better deal, if you ask me, than the deal God made with Israel.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by victorazyvictor(m): 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
How are you a descendant of Israel?

What blessing is attached to Israel? You mean the promise of eternity on earth living in the land of Israel(NOT the kingdom of Heaven).

You mean the blessings of Israel is greater than the blessing of being able to ask for anything in the name of Jesus Christ? I am not sure what blessing of Israel you are referring to that could be greater than the blessings and promises that is to those who chose Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, instead. Jesus Christ does not promise us anything that God gave to Israel, but His promises are much better. In Jesus Christ we are made sons of God and become heirs to the Kingdom of God. We also get eternal life that is lived out in Heaven, His Kingdom.

That is a better deal, if you ask me, than the deal God made with Israel.

You win!!! grin

I pay my tithes grin
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
victorazyvictor:

You win!!! grin

I pay my tithes grin
win what? I am asking you to please learn what God has said for the sake of your own soul, you are telling me I win. Your soul is yours to win or lose.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by victorazyvictor(m): 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
win what? I am asking you to please learn what God has said for the sake of your own soul, you are telling me I win. Your soul is yours to win or lose.

You win bro! grin
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Eagban(m): 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

You people know nada, yet you pose like an authority on the Bible.

Look at how you are trying to rubbish Abraham's tithe by calling it spoils of war. Since when did spoils of war stop amounting to what you worked for? Or do you think fighting a battle is child's play?

Abraham fought and got the spoils of war. He gave God ten percent. He did that to acknowledge that he didn't win that battle himself but with the help of God. Or how else do you think Abraham and his 300 men conquered ten Kings and their armies?

It's the same thing as going to work and getting paid out of which you pay tithe to God because he's really the one that made it possible for you to have that job, not your might.

You don't understand the concept behind animal sacrifice. It was a picture of Jesus Christ the Holy Lamb. They sacrificed animals to pay for their sins in anticipation of when Jesus Christ will be sacrificed so that we will no longer rely on the blood of bulls and rams but on his blood as payment for our sins.

If Abel, Abraham and Jacob were alive today, they won't be sacrificing animals but relying on the one time sacrifice of Jesus.

Mind you, because the Bible never recorded that Abraham tithed again doesn't mean he never did. Or are we to conclude that Abraham never brushed his teeth or used the toilet because no such record exists?

Please just shut up because you know nothing. Shut up or God will punish you for posing as knowledgeable on top of your ignorance. My Frank advice.

You are turning the Bible upside down!
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Eagban(m): 11:10pm On Aug 18, 2020
davidinchrist:

If anyone is REALLY concerned about pleasing Jesus and entering his Kingdom, here is what you need:

John.14.15 - "IF you LOVE me, OBEY my commandments (in the New testament, especially Matthew, Mark, Luke and John).

Question: Did Jesus or any of his apostles command it? ZERO! They taught 'cheerful giving' NOT compulsory giving of the law. In Matt. 23:23, Jesus was talking to Religious hypocrites, Pharisees NOT his disciples.

Jesus is constantly about IF, not by force: if people don't want to obey or follow him, and strictly want to go to hell; right, he doesn't FORCE or STOP them. "It's "IF" you love me, obey me..."

Again, for those who are very careful about God's kingdom, if you're not sure about something, just use these four tests by the Holy Spirit using the scriptures:

1. Did Jesus do it? (Matthew - John)

2. Did Jesus preach it? (Matthew - John)

3. Did the apostles do it? (Acts - Revelation)

4. Did the apostles preach it? (Acts - Revelation)

Friends, if it loses these four counts, and I have no personal command from God to do such, then ALL the Great Pastors/Church founders and their followers can preach it; threaten and FOOL people with self-made, Religious LIES as much as they like, but not for me in Jesus name. Because EVERYONE is a LIAR compare to Christ. Rom. 3:4.

And remember:
Rom.10.4 - For Christ is THE END OF THE LAW for righteousness to EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES.

May the Lord Jesus bless you.

Simple! If Jesus Christ did not preach it or do it, then any Christian should not do it or preach it.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Webmannigeria: 12:12am On Aug 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never commanded you to pay tithes. God said do not add or remove from His commandments. When you tithe, you are in direct disobedience of His commandment and you know that is worse than being a sinner.

Our Lord Jesus is the WORD and the word says we should pay tithes, if you believe that WE shouldn't, then hold on to it, that's your believe.....I don't argue over doctrines.....Knowing doctrines without knowing the LORD won't get me into heaven..

Nothing will happen to you if you PAY YOUR TITHE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Interesting things About God / Dr. Sign Fireman Becomes United Nations Peace Ambassador / 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.