Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) (52183 Views)

Infinix Note 7 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) / TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) / Nokia 2.3 Unboxing And Impressions Video - Is It Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by InoFilms: 8:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
Please join our channel to learn more about the film industry and its saga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P10XgLhu10A
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 8:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
henry007:
Nokia 5.3 'Charcoal Black' unboxing and review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGR-b4FaIuk

The Nokia 5.3 is the successor of the Nokia 5.1 Plus or X5 from 2 years ago and while it may have been delayed, it's still only an incremental upgrade over the Nokia 5.1 Plus, one that is no longer compact, has a better camera with support for GCAM, bigger battery and will get at least, the Android 12 in 2022 or 2023 (whatever the case may be).

Also users haven't reported charging port issues on the Nokia 5.3 like they did on its predecessor, which is a good sign. HMD Global has been consistently releasing smartphones on Android One Program and has perfected a lot of things. The video should help you decide if the Nokia 5.3 is the right budget phone for you buy or not.

I compared photos shot on the Nokia 5.3 default camera with GCAM and GCAM vs iPhone 11 Pro, see screenshots from video below.

Price - N79,000 (6GB/64GB)
After reading and extensively researching I came to the conclusion that nokia 5.3 is a good phone and also a good buy no wonder it's very costly with modest specs but trust me this phone is a silent killer, thumbs up performance wise, battery life economy simply on point

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by naturefellow(m): 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
icankel:
is it a dual sim?
yes

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by naturefellow(m): 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
MartinsD12:

Have they fixed the charging port issue this thing dey fear man
no problems at all. I've sampled the 8.1 for over a year now. No problems till now too.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
ALEX182:
Nah. This ain't it. cheesy
720 X 1600 display grin. Not even 1080p Snapdragon 665 cheesy 64GB storage grin
Look at the chin if that phone
Nokia isn't even trying. How far the great has fallen.
Lol, and 268ppigrin
the display will be like tecno.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by allandutch: 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
donkossy:
wait till yiu see mine

*Yinmu*
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
naturefellow:
no problems at all. I've sampled the 8.1 for over a year now. No problems till now too.
I must say nokia 5.3 got my respect, online reviews seems to be impressive with this phone, now i understand why it's expensive, nokia didn't over hype this device, it is exactly what they say it is, snapdragon 665 plus Android one its a perfect combo, I wish nokia will stick to snapdragon alone

2 Likes

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by naturefellow(m): 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
uk10:
abeg who still has the nokia x5 here and it lasted for 1 year without charging port problems
I
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by uk10(m): 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
naturefellow:
I
thank God,hope mine will be free from problems,dont have money for nokia 5.3 now

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by naturefellow(m): 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
MartinsD12:

I must say nokia 5.3 got my respect, online reviews seems to be impressive with this phone, now i understand why it's expensive, nokia didn't over hype this device, it is exactly what they say it is, snapdragon 665 plus Android one its a perfect combo, I wish nokia will stick to snapdragon alone
nicely observed! Did you also notice that they don't use ambassadors or influencers to market their products?
Products speak for themselves.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by naturefellow(m): 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
uk10:
thank God,hope mine will be free from problems,dont have money for nokia 5.3 now
i think it depends on personal usage. I only had charging port issues when I used the Nokia Windows phone. It's history with the new Android models.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by MansoryMX(m): 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
henry007:
iPhone 11 Pro camera vs Nokia 5.3 + GCAM

Look at this fool. You can deceive people with your rubbish promotion by saying that’s iPhone 11 Pro camera. Ode! For your Info I am a phone dealer and I use iPhone 11 Pro. Stop this nonsense you are doing.

2 Likes

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by MansoryMX(m): 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
Seunpaul01:

Omo, u just rendered iphone 11 pro worthless with this pics. Why go for a 3OOK plus when you can have a 79k phone with better quality.

If you believe the phone that idiot showed is that of iPhone 11 Pro, then you are much bigger idiot than him. Ordinary iPhone 6s and 7 has superb camera, front and back. I am a phone dealer and I use iPhone 11 Pro.

3 Likes

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
naturefellow:
nicely observed! Did you also notice that they don't use ambassadors or influencers to market their products?
Products speak for themselves.
Exactly the truth, nokia 5.3 doesn't need any ambassador, a good product needs no marketing, its a killer phone on its space sharing no glory with any other, nokia finally nailed it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by MansoryMX(m): 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
edoairways:

Is iPhone 11 picture quality that bad when compared to this?

Don’t answer that idiot o! He is only trying to market Nokia that has died more than a decade. That’s not iPhone 11 Pro camera. The idiot is only trying to gain cheap customers for Nokia.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Norman4real(m): 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
OLAMINREWA:
Rubbish.. I'm still regretting Nokia 2.3 that I bought last week. It hangs like umbrella in the rain
blame yourself for not knowing what you were buying. So you expected a wonderful performance from a 2GB ram phone that has a mediatek A22 processor. Lol. That Nokia 2.3 is basically a Tecno spark 4 Air in a nokia branding. You can get much better performance from a helio P22 processor phone grin grin
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
Poloyanabo2:

Lol, and 268ppigrin

the display will be like tecno.

Hahahaha. I swear
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by cbrezy(m): 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
DEWKID:
very okay. like do you know me?

E no really know you e just dey ask how market base on the Like and Share thing you commented earlier

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
ONYEBUCHI93:
Nice one for the Nokia 5.3.

Pls, which is better between Redmi note 9/Note 8 and Nokia 5.3?

Between these two companies, which produces stronger phones with good camera and battery? Especially their phones that are in the same price range.

I would prefer someone who have used both devices.
Thanks for your good response
For me I take nokia 5.3 phone did excellently well
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 9:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
EVILFOREST:
Still waiting for NOKIA 9.3 PUREVIEW.

See it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm5VfHIyWG8
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
I handled this phone this evening. The screen isn't even as sharp as my umidigi A3.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by DEWKID(m): 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
thanks bro you've always been so helpful

cbrezy:

E no really know you e just dey ask how market base on the Like and Share thing you commented earlier

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by AkwaIbomMan(m): 11:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
joycegurl:
if only wishes were horses men would ride
so how does this comment of yours relate with the topic at hand?
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
OLAMINREWA:
Rubbish.. I'm still regretting Nokia 2.3 that I bought last week. It hangs like umbrella in the rain

I am swapping mine for Vivo Y11 tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by skywalker240(m): 11:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
them take stupidity swear for you? Sorry Lord Sky, Actually i meant my father, papa akwaibomman

ok loser, now creep back to the wretched mat and pick your vaseline, now go and wànk thyself away, you have my blessing.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by webmaster99(m): 12:17am On Aug 17, 2020
you are blessed this day!
i said you are blessed this day!
this op you are blessed
your family is blessed
you will grow and multiply just as the tree planted in the sea shores,
you are blessed!

everyone reading this is blessed
GOD will multiply all of you in a thousand folds
go in and bring conquest
you guys are blessed by the power of the almighty that is in me.
amen!

my super eye solution cures all eyes problems,
so your eyes can be bright once again
the eye shall be your guide!
it works like miracle
trust me on this

i love you jesus!

do visit my thread to read more
https://www.nairaland.com/6057015/how-natural-eye-solution-made
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by ceaser: 2:04am On Aug 17, 2020
Flytime:
actually I think Nokia optimized the 2.2 better especially after the Android 10 update although the 2.2 and 2.3 uses the same chip
I know a guy using the 2.3 and he has complained of lagging after the Android 10 update infact I experienced it when using his phone
I'm guessing Nokia will release a maintainance update like they did to some of their devices

I have a 2.3. The experience has been abysmal, coming from Windows platform and trying to still stay within the Nokia niche, even though I have this unrepentant dislike for Android, and have distate for the iPhone more. I just do not have a choice.

I can't open more than 3 apps, especially moderately heavy ones. The moment you're opening the fourth one, the phone closes the previous three. I have several times caught the phone self-swipe close app once I launch a fourth one.

When I did a system update about four months ago, WhatsApp suspended my account and I kept getting the response "your account has been suspended, please contact the WhatsApp team". I was able to unlock it 48hrs after an appeal. I guess the problem occured with the system update of the phone.

Since after then, WhatsApp has to be kept open for messages to enter. A sharp contrast to what occurs before the update and even in a previous 3 yr old Nokia 5 that wify replaced a Xiaomi with. Once I launch WhatsApp, messages that have been sent to me since morning will start rushing in. I have enabled all sorts of background permissions for WhatsApp to trouble shoot this problem with no success.

Many times when I launch the picture app and begin to swipe, the application crashes and I have to re-launch it again.

If I have WhatsApp, picture app, a browser or calculator app open and I then launch the camera or any other app as a fourth app and try to swipe back to those previous apps, they are all "closed" and I will have to re-launch them all over again.

There is a Xiaomi 5 whatever I got for wify almost two years ago that is capable of having 15 (fifteen) different apps opened in the background and you can always swipe to each one and continue from where you stopped, all smoothly and fluidly.

I know I may be expecting too much from a 37k phone, but this is mediocre performance even at that 37k price point. I strongly believe that techno, infinix and other small market players will give better device for such amount.

Having used a long line of great products in Nokia Symbian devices and Nokia windows Lumia devices, this is great disappointment and with this experience, I am seriously weary of commiting resource to acquiring more expensive products in the Nokia Android lineup.

The Lumia phones work better than this Nokia 2.3 rubbish. I still have around the Lumia 1520, Lumia 640xl, Lumia 650 and even the cheap Lumias 520 and 430 to mention a few. They still work smoothly and fluidly but have to be retired because the windows mobile OS no longer enjoys the supports of most mainline apps like WhatsApp, zoom, etc.

Apparently this HMD Global thingy is just producing mediocre products and riding on the glorious history of Nokia to sell their products.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by yahmohy27: 7:28am On Aug 17, 2020
Mustiboy:

His beards is okay. I really don't know why you guys can't mind your effing business.

And I think the reason he takes pictures close to his beards is to reveal the clarity of the camera. As you can see in the pictures above, the stock camera didn't capture much details of his beards, but Gcam did.

From what I can deduce, the indoor performance of the Nokia 5.3's camera—with Gcam support—is better than that of the iPhone 11 Pro. Expensive doesn't always mean better.
Thank you for that response
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Flytime: 8:10am On Aug 17, 2020
ceaser:

I have a 2.3.Apparently this HMD Global thingy is just producing mediocre products and riding on the glorious history of Nokia to sell their products.
Well like I said up there helio a22 is the problem
Trust me it's doing the best it can....for Helio A22 to keep 3 or 4 apps running on 2gb ram it's something
A friend of mine used to use the 2.1 and I was impressed with the performance given the price point especially when he was gaming....it turns out it was a Snapdragon powered device
Nokia probably realized there mistake by trying to go full on Snapdragon
Try to give Nokia another try just make sure it's a Snapdragon variant

It reminds me of Samsung s and note series... there are complains yearly concerning the exynos variants but the Snapdragon variants are always praised.

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Wealthier: 10:03am On Aug 17, 2020
Nice. But I just do wonder why iPhone's camera is always a trademark for other brand of phones...shey na low* self esteem we go call am. grin tongue undecided cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by ceaser: 10:51am On Aug 17, 2020
Flytime:

Nokia probably realized there mistake by trying to go full on Snapdragon
Try to give Nokia another try just make sure it's a Snapdragon variant

Maybe. I'll think of a swap with this 2.3. Or at most just get another straight away. I like keeping collections of my used phones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iphone 14: India Man Flies To Dubai To Buy Apple Gadget Early ( Photo ) / Galaxy Tab S2: Samsung Announces Its Slimmest Tablet Ever [photos] / I Need Some Info About Tecno N3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.