Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) (52175 Views)

Infinix Note 7 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) / TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) / Nokia 2.3 Unboxing And Impressions Video - Is It Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Drizzy5001(m): 11:55am On Aug 17, 2020
Those of u mentioning Samsung , e be like say something dey worry una... Phone way be say the screen cost pass the phone itself... I regret buying Samsung S7 edge... Mtcheeew angry abeg if e pass iPhone or Huawei forget it.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by ceaser: 12:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
Drizzy5001:
Those of u mentioning Samsung , e be like say something dey worry una... Phone way be say the screen cost pass the phone itself... I regret buying Samsung S7 edge... Mtcheeew angry abeg if e pass iPhone or Huawei forget it.

I guess it's because theirs are OLED screens, and also curved bezel-less edges.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Drizzy5001(m): 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2020
ceaser:

I guess it's because theirs are OLED screens, and also curved bezel-less edges.
Exactly, and they don't have second value too.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by ddjay: 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2020
For those of you complaining about the oled screen,some 2020 Samsung phones use tft screen, its Samsung's lcd screen and cheaper.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Iceyjayz: 7:42pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cool..
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by paltielx: 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2020
What a promising device from Nokia
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by IRODANOSA(m): 12:00pm On Aug 18, 2020
ONYEBUCHI93:
Nice one for the Nokia 5.3.

Pls, which is better between Redmi note 9/Note 8 and Nokia 5.3?

Between these two companies, which produces stronger phones with good camera and battery? Especially their phones that are in the same price range.

I would prefer someone who have used both devices.
Thanks for your good response
Big bro, abeg go for Redmi Note 8 and thank me later.
I have the 4Gb/64Gb variant, and it is expandable with the aid of a SD card of up to 512Gb. I got mine at about 62k, all minor expenses included from Jumia three months ago. Others sell it for almost 70k now, no thanks to the weak naira and Covid-19 lockdown aftereffects.
The Redmi Note 8 has Gorilla Glass 5 at the front and back, unlike the Redmi Note 9 that has it only at the front.
Not forgetting that it gives you more value for your money than the Nokia 5.3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by JacobMathews(m): 12:31pm On Aug 18, 2020
Welcome back Nokia shocked
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Miraj22(f): 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
I've been thinking about this phone since the day this post was made. I love Nokia
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by ONYEBUCHI93: 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2020
IRODANOSA:

I have the 4Gb/64Gb variant, and it is expandable with the aid of a SD card of up to 512Gb. I got mine at about 62k, all minor expenses included from Jumia three months ago. Others sell it for almost 70k now, no thanks to the weak naira and Covid-19 lockdown aftereffects.
The Redmi Note 8 has Gorilla Glass 5 at the front and back, unlike the Redmi Note 9 that has it only at the front.

Thanks man. I'm really concluding on going for the Redmi note 8 instead of Nokia 5.3

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by bennyefosa19: 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2020
ONYEBUCHI93:

Thanks man. I'm really concluding on going for the Redmi note 8 instead of Nokia 5.3

Why don;t you go for the Redmi 9 which has recently launched at a price of N66,000 and comes with Mediatek helio G80 processor - solid for gaming and other multitasking action! It has some really good specs, check this review out: https://www.droidafrica.net/redmi-9-unboxing-and-review-great-value-for-money/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Droid_Africa+%28DroidAfrica+-+All+About+Phones+and+Tablets+in+Africa%29
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 9:08pm On Aug 23, 2020
Norman4real:
blame yourself for not knowing what you were buying. So you expected a wonderful performance from a 2GB ram phone that has a mediatek A22 processor. Lol. That Nokia 2.3 is basically a Tecno spark 4 Air in a nokia branding. You can get much better performance from a helio P22 processor phone grin grin
Are you saying p22 is a good processor?
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Norman4real(m): 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2020
MartinsD12:

Are you saying p22 is a good processor?
It's good for basic usage, social media browsing internet. But it's not suitable for gaming. All in all its much better than an A22.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
Norman4real:

It's good for basic usage, social media browsing internet. But it's not suitable for gaming. All in all its much better than an A22.
True
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by spiritmasquerad(m): 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2020
skywalker240:
Nice one,

you should be doing more reviews of other brands.

and not those stupid scam of the 21st century called Tecno and Infinix from Transsision.
Guy make ur hatred for transsision make u recommend wetin worse pass am one day
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by skywalker240(m): 9:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
spiritmasquerad:

Guy make ur hatred for transsision make u recommend wetin worse pass am one day
dat Your amen is too small, it wont work. cheesy
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by gabe: 3:59am On Sep 07, 2020
Sd 665 no reach helio G70 sef.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by jaeyking(m): 9:58pm On Sep 08, 2020
Nickxander11:

Mehn you no lie, my 7.2 just dey do me well!

Battery life= solid
Speed =solid
Camera = Solid

Infact they phone is superb.wasnt cool with it after I bought it but currently the phone just dey romance me.

y it no go romance you.
android 10 update u receive am
android 11 update u can still receive it.

any phone that is not stock android, i no buy
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Uzland: 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2020
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Pious101: 6:21am On Dec 22, 2020
henry007:
Nokia 5.3 'Charcoal Black' unboxing and review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGR-b4FaIuk

The Nokia 5.3 is the successor of the Nokia 5.1 Plus or X5 from 2 years ago and while it may have been delayed, it's still only an incremental upgrade over the Nokia 5.1 Plus, one that is no longer compact, has a better camera with support for GCAM, bigger battery and will get at least, the Android 12 in 2022 or 2023 (whatever the case may be).

Also users haven't reported charging port issues on the Nokia 5.3 like they did on its predecessor, which is a good sign. HMD Global has been consistently releasing smartphones on Android One Program and has perfected a lot of things. The video should help you decide if the Nokia 5.3 is the right budget phone for you buy or not.

I compared photos shot on the Nokia 5.3 default camera with GCAM and GCAM vs iPhone 11 Pro, see screenshots from video below.

Price - N79,000 (6GB/64GB)
pls is this phone normally hot when been charged?
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by henry007(m): 10:20am On Dec 22, 2020
Pious101:
pls is this phone normally hot when been charged?

No. Standard charging does not cause as much heat as fast charging, on average and this phone does not support the latter.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by nongo123(m): 6:32pm On Dec 22, 2020
IRODANOSA:

To add to that, Redmi Note 8 has a Full HD(1080P) screen as opposed to 720P on Nokia 5.3.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iphone 14: India Man Flies To Dubai To Buy Apple Gadget Early ( Photo ) / Galaxy Tab S2: Samsung Announces Its Slimmest Tablet Ever [photos] / The Best Android Phones That Cost N30,000 To N50,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.