Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,015 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited (35063 Views)

Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now / Pastor Funke Adejumo: A Man Can Get Sex From Any Idiot (videos) / Pastor Funke Adejumo And Husband Felix Remi Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by spiceadole: 10:51am On Aug 17, 2020
truthsayer009:

So you're a Doctor and you married a Doctor?

Dr Mrs & Dr Mr.

I feel for your children, they must know book by force LMAOOOO!

Yes

And I am glad I did.

Lol...Of course,they will.
Hopefully,one or two of our children will be doctor(s) too.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by spiceadole: 10:52am On Aug 17, 2020
Hathor5:

It would be a great loss if humanity lost a fully qualified doctor. Imagine all the lives you can save. smiley
I am glad you found a supportive husband. There are men who take pride in the achievements of their wives.

He has been very supportive.
He assisted me leave for the UK before him..And joined me about 7 months after.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 17, 2020
Inspireddd:

Hey. Can i send you a pm?
Yes, go on.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 17, 2020
Nuttella:
Yes, go on.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 17, 2020
bukatyne:

It would only help her financial reasoning if she manages the whole finance of the home else she is seeing things in silos and spending money that is 'not there'.

I don't think jobs are designed to bring that kind of fulfillment in the long term; carrying out your purpose/reason for creation does. However, I very well agree that a job (if decent) would add to her self-worth.

I don't see any reason why you can't be financially open with your wife irrespective of her earnings. I think you should be more concerned about a resourceful wife instead.

Please note I am not saying she should not work even if the income is negative; I am just laying all the cards on the table.

And like you said, if she works at it, the income can grow into a positive balance and add meaningfully to the home.

Yes you are right for most of what you said, but then I am looking at things from my personal experience with Women in general.

Some women are not financially resourceful, having a job & earning an income can at least help her mentality in that regard, like someone said on a thread that she divides her income by 21 days & whenever she tries to purchase anything, this guides her against making unnecessary purchases. Sounds overly frugal but it also has it benefits & It comes with experience.

I don't see any reason why you can't be financially open with your wife irrespective of her earnings ---

Well I've dated people in the past who ask me for money & I give them, only for them to be upset that I have a lot more money in my account, so why am I giving them this little, why am I being stingy? Meanwhile they don't factor in how long it took me to save that money, you can call it entitlement but a lot of women think this way, from my personal experience. If I don't trust that you can make good financial decisions, i won't be open.

Pastor Jimmy Odukoya said something in his interviews about keeping some money separate from the wife as a fall back money because Women tend to spend it all without thinking of any back up. I could relate so much to that.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by swintiney: 11:44am On Aug 17, 2020
I totally agree with you. That commend was a loosed one.
It totally undermines couple's mutual agreement and even a wife's preference to do so for their Children's upbringing. We should try to balance our thoughts and opinions as every issue will always have a "two side of the coin".

prophetfire:
. Being a house wife, does it make a woman a slave? Though I would not want my wife to be house wife but it doesn't put women in any cage. I have seen very good and happy housewives. A friend who works in the oil industry and his wife is a lawyer, they decided the woman stay at home for the kids and she left her legal patnership and they are happy.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by bukatyne(f): 11:47am On Aug 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Western what? Oh please.... Women as full housewives is a traditional thing for Nigerians. Abeg consult your ancestors for that one.

Are you sure cheesy
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 17, 2020
Inspireddd:

The email attached to my account is a temporary one. Could you drop your email so i’d write you? I’d delete it immediately
n@gmail.com
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 17, 2020
[quote author=Nuttella
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by swintiney: 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
Nannies and helps have destroyed a lot of children, some children will remain social deviants for the rest of their lives as a result, it all depends on each family. Think through, try to look at the flip side and then decide.

Summary is that there is no such thing like housewife. If the woman sacrifices to stay at home for sometime pending when the children grows up a bit, that means she'll most likely be occupied with moulding her children. I know in the UK, at least one of the parents have to be at home per time because of the young child(ren)... It all depends on what works for you. The pastor's way of qualifying the situation is insensitive and may end up destroying homes than building them.

Nuttella:
A nanny or help can do all that, I no come this world come suffer, if you stress yourself too much in marriage, you will age more than your husband.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by EdmundDantes(m): 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2020
mariahAngel:

As long as they understand each other, I see no problem with it.

A woman who stays at home does not mean she's idle.
If you understand what it takes to keep the home going on a daily basis, you'll know that it is not easy.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by EdmundDantes(m): 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:
People like her need to understand women are different and couples are different too. There is nothing wrong in being a housewife. It is the sacrifice some women pay for the smooth running of their homes.

As long as they are both okay with it and do not go begging for urgent 2k, you can only wish them well.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by EdmundDantes(m): 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
prophetfire:
. Being a house wife, does it make a woman a slave? Though I would not want my wife to be house wife but it doesn't put women in any cage. I have seen very good and happy housewives. A friend who works in the oil industry and his wife is a lawyer, they decided the woman stay at home for the kids and she left her legal patnership and they are happy.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by EdmundDantes(m): 1:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Then she has a point, though liability itself is relative. If we consider a housewife a liability because she isn’t working from home (business). Doesn’t that mean we have trivialized something as important as childcare? Something we outsource and pay for? I hope you get my point, sis.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
spiceadole:

He has been very supportive.
He assisted me leave for the UK before him..And joined me about 7 months after.
Seriously a woman should marry a supportive husband, but women out of fear of the unknown enter into a marriage where the man just want to domesticate them and turn them into housewives, thereby killing their lifelong dreams, which is why you see some married women angry and envious over other married women cause they are working and living their dream.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by danielistics(m): 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2020
Why would anyone want to be a full-time housewife? I can't believe some women are even in support of it. Smh

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
bukatyne:

Are you sure cheesy
It has been a part of the culture in much of Africa..nothing western about it
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by sharpwriter(m): 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:
People like her need to understand women are different and couples are different too. There is nothing wrong in being a housewife. It is the sacrifice some women pay for the smooth running of their homes.

As long as they are both okay with it and do not go begging for urgent 2k, you can only wish them well.

Hmmm... Dear, your comments are changing these days, sometime ago, I could almost predict your comment. Your judgment ain't bad though... wink
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by othenok(f): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
Nuttella:
A nanny or help can do all that, I no come this world come suffer, if you stress yourself too much in marriage, you will age more than your husband.

Sure a Nanny or Help can do all that, but for how long and at what cost (financially, psychologically & otherwise).
May be you aren't married yet but from experience I can tell you that children benefit much more when they have their parents or at least one parent close by than none at all.
By the way who says caring for my husband and children would make me age? I mean, check it naa, caring for your main source of happiness, a burden? There is so much joy in it, my darling.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Cromagnon: 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2020
saaphiere:
I am seeing someone getting pained because women are about being emancipated from men cage.
Cry me a river
emancipate to where. After check your western counterparts. Husband scarce o
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
Nuttella:
American women no dey use nanny and help, yet they are able to manage their homes very well. Many of them dey work too. Ever wondered why that is?/
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 18, 2020
saaphiere:
What understanding sis? We are talking about not being a liability to your husband here. I doubt you watched the video. The pastor is not saying it's bad to be a housewife.

Seems you're confusing being a housewife with being an idle person. If a married woman has an online business she does at home making money to help the family does that sound like a liability to you?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by SSpeter(m): 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hathor5:

Please speak for yourself. For me house chores are the most stressful job there is. I respect every woman who runs a home without any help and I am impressed by their courage to sacrifice their earning power for the family because I have seen too many women not being rewarded for doing so ultimately.

I don't see my job as enslavement. The money I earn gives me freedom to do lots of things.
"House Jobs are the most stressful"? The question is how much do you even earn?
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Hathor5(f): 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2020
SSpeter:
"House Jobs are the most stressful"? The question is how much do you even earn?

Stressing the hell out of me. There is something to be done around the house every day and I hate boring routines. Brain numbing stuff.

Enough.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin Directing Traffic On Lagos Island (Photos) / A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! / Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.