Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited (35048 Views)

Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now / Pastor Funke Adejumo: A Man Can Get Sex From Any Idiot (videos) / Pastor Funke Adejumo And Husband Felix Remi Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
angelfallz:

Nope. I'm not being sentimental at all. I told you my mother was housewife to let you know, i know what i am saying cause i experienced it and i'm a product of it. Which does not invalidate your own experience.

Also, it does not mean that all housewives raise the best children, no. It just means that they are more "likely" to raise the best children. Emphasis on the "likely".

So in my own opinion, on average housewives do more for society than career women. It is a thankless JOB where the benefits can never be measured using economic models. Do you know housewives are underappreciated and degraded in all of society, as evidenced by the pastor's message and going by the things written about housewives on this thread?

I don't know Okonjo's children

Did you check out the link?

Lol, why should i spare you the talks? tongue
My dear, a child that will turn out bad will do so even if you are a 24/7 housewife, moreover children tends to get tired of their parents always being there, that is why children dont have respect for their housewife mothers.

Housewifes are not doing the best for the society, that married nurse putting her life on the line during covid19 is the one making the world a better place, that married soldier fighting war is making the world a better place.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
chiefoboh1:
I tire 4 dem o, make woman nor be liability dey make marriage nor dey last again cos oga don dey nack madam 4 office so no respect 4 husband any more. Is it a must that a woman should bring money to d house when d husband is capable and not complaining ?
Only an insecure husband will assume oga CEO is knacking his wife in the office, I have met men like that, you guys need to change your mentality for good.

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by othenok(f): 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
12inchess:
I know an American. A model christian American family that every family could aspire to be like. They have two children who are both married now. The wife never worked a day job for long. While the husband did. She homeschooled are kids. Their kids are doing VERY well. Model kids. Each family has to find what works for them.It's not a crime to be housewife but the husband may have to double his hustle and once there is love and understanding,it can be successful.

I had to log in to like this comment. I'm a working class mother with 4 beautiful kids. I'ld give everything to stay home and raise my kids. There is so much to teach these little ones.
Being a stay at home mum is hard work, in fact, I lots friends that quit their well paid jobs to stay home for their kids and their husbands also appreciate their hard work.
I will be a liar is I say I don't envy these women that gave up so much to ensure their descendants have solid foundation. Their children are so bright, well mannered and best of all, the have an amazing bond with their parents.

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by bukatyne(f): 9:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
angelfallz:

May God bless you a million times for that quote. Many women are being deceived that working is a cure for marital problems like domestic abuse, adultery etc.

If I am not working or never had working wives around me, I would have concluded that working is the antitode to all marital issues a wife can face when I joined NL.

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by purples25(f): 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
You can have a business or job that allows you to work from home. Or some kind of business that allows you to be your own boss. Then you work from home, which allows you to also spend time with your kids.

You have the job, you have full time with the kids and taking care of the home. Problem solved.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by angelfallz(m): 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nuttella:
My dear, a child that will turn out bad will do so even if you are a 24/7 housewife, moreover children tends to get tired of their parents always being there, that is why children dont have respect for their housewife mothers.

Housewifes are not doing the best for the society, that married nurse putting her life on the line during covid19 is the one making the world a better place, that married soldier fighting war is making the world a better place.

it is best to have one parent at home to take care of the children.

"My dear, a child that will turn out bad will do so even if you are a 24/7 housewife", that is no excuse.

"moreover children tends to get tired of their parents always being there, that is why children dont have respect for their housewife mothers." Wow. I wonder where you got that from.

You mean That married nurse that is busy saving the world, while her children are being ruined because of lack of guidance? Those same children that would turn around and cause problems for the society?

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by jaxxy(m): 9:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Zzor:
exactly,that is modern day slavery

What she’s saying is just the normal thing a wife shud do/be. Nobody enslaves anbody some ladies just choose to enslave themselves due to lack of sense.

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by bukatyne(f): 9:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Odunharry:

What do you drink? Need buy you a drink honestly

Water cheesy

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by bukatyne(f): 9:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
NiCurious:

Indeed, the opposite, as I believe you are suggesting. Proverbs 31. The good wife makes and sells her own products, buys property, gives to the poor. Sounds to me like she is not only very industrious, but makes and spends her own money.

I don't know where they get women should not work.

There is a difference between reviewing your family needs and agreeing that the wife should not work versus using the Bible to 'mandate' a wife does not work.

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
About the only smart thing I've ever heard this woman say.

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by othenok(f): 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
Acidosis:

How can I turn my wife to a concept I don't believe in? The word "housewife" does not exist in my dictionary so save yourself the explanations.

However, you should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking that a married woman that is not in a paid labour is lazy. You're a shameless woman.

Fighting men and your husband is not the way to show your woman power. It won't earn you respect either. If he calls you lazy because you don't bring in salary at the end of the day, he will call you a slut that sleeps with her boss the moment you get a job. A bad man is a bad man, your earning power changes nothing.

Go and beg the government to grant you extended and fully paid maternity leave, child support, and comprehensive HMO at no cost. That's how it is done in saner climes. Jumping from one danfo to another while you're 7 months pregnant is not an ideal life.

You are an intelligent man/woman. A bad man is a bad man, simple! Being a working class mother will not save your marriage, Las Las you will be like most Nigerian wives "suffering and smiling", buying toys for their children to make up for their constant absence.
Being a stay-at-home mum isn't a crime and it's definitely not laziness (that's the part I dislike the most)
Note that I'm a working class mother living in the Mainland and working on the Island.

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by bukatyne(f): 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
truthsayer009:

Your view on this is very true, but if you ask me, I would rather prefer my wife to work and bring in money, even though it falls into negative.

It would help her financial reasoning, and sense of responsibility that she has her financial part to play, I believe if she does that job/work long enough it would start falling into positive one day.

It would also give her self worth and a kind of fulfillment. It also helps my mentality as well, because it makes it easy for me to be completely open about my finances to her.

It would only help her financial reasoning if she manages the whole finance of the home else she is seeing things in silos and spending money that is 'not there'.

I don't think jobs are designed to bring that kind of fulfillment in the long term; carrying out your purpose/reason for creation does. However, I very well agree that a job (if decent) would add to her self-worth.

I don't see any reason why you can't be financially open with your wife irrespective of her earnings. I think you should be more concerned about a resourceful wife instead.

Please note I am not saying she should not work even if the income is negative; I am just laying all the cards on the table.

And like you said, if she works at it, the income can grow into a positive balance and add meaningfully to the home.

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by bukatyne(f): 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
othenok:

You are an intelligent man/woman. A bad man is a bad man, simple! Being a working class mother will not save your marriage, Las Las you will be like most Nigerian wives "suffering and smiling", buying toys for their children to make up for their constant absence.
Being a stay-at-home mum isn't a crime and it's definitely not laziness (that's the part I dislike the most)
Note that I'm a working class mother living in the Mainland and working on the Island.

Hmmmmmm.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Acidosis:

The only "cage" is getting married. Do you honestly feel that you're better than a 'housewife', assuming the word exists in your pastor's bible?
This was well served. Receive more blessings, brother.

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by othenok(f): 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
mariahAngel:

No, she's not a lazy woman.
Don't let society becloud your judgment.
Women, especially mothers are the most sacrificing being on earth. They give and don't ask to be rewarded, although they should.
The least that they deserve is acknowledgment for their sacrifice.
Women have been scammed into proving themselves that in the process, they overexert themselves at the detriment of themselves. They shouldn't have to.
I learnt a valuable lesson recently about the sacrifices mothers make that are taken for granted.
When you see a woman, who's willing to give herself for the progress of her home and raising of the children, praise her and don't undermine her effort. It is not easy.

Oh dear, who ever you are, I want to let you know that you an amazing. Are you in anyway in "the Work"? Please let your wisdom flow to everyone around you. It will help male the world a better place.

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by IgANephropathy(m): 9:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
OutsideTheBox:
Thanks. I'm a female. I was going to reply you on the other thread ( how do men sleep with unattractive women? by fineboynl ) where you assumed I was a dude ( "I like dudes like you" ), lol, because of my comment. I just like to be gender-neutral on here the same way I like to be impartial in my posts/views.

Do I sound like a male in my posts? embarassed
For the first time I meet someone who thinks like me. Why can’t we all see beyond gender, why can humanity come first? You just earned a new fan smiley

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by zakkxx: 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
my mum was a sit at home mum and my Dad was in no time better than her.

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by mariahAngel(f): 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
othenok:

Oh dear, who ever you are, I want to let you know that you an amazing. Are you in anyway in "the Work"? Please let your wisdom flow to everyone around you. It will help male the world a better place.

Thank you. May God bless you.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
I smell sentiments. People are just being sentimental.

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by wany(f): 9:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
spiceadole:
My ex told me I will have to quit my job,forget about a career as a medical doctor and be his full time house wife before he marries me...He promised to place me on a monthly salary,just to keep me away from work.

The relationship ended that day.

I didn't care how long we had been together or what people will say.

My eye opened..and I received sense.

I rebuke the life of "I am waiting for my husband..If my husband no give me,I no chop".

Thankfully,I married my colleague the following year..
Its been 3 years and we fine!

Babe wet sabi.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
othenok:

What about a mum that goes to work by 8am and comes back by 4pm same time her kids are back from school?
Stay at home mom won't be in school with the kids, will she? So that same time, she can use it to work or even be a teacher.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by chiefoboh1(m): 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nuttella:
Only an insecure husband will assume oga CEO is knacking his wife in the office, I have met men like that, you guys need to change your mentality for good.
I guess the once doing it also told their husband they shouldn't trust in them?. Am a worker, with what I see with my eyes on daily basis if i was already married with kids to lady who is so obsessed with career like you, I should have taken them 4 paternity test cos is this obsession that's it starts from.
I mean no offends with my speech
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by alBHAGDADI: 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nellsworld:

Wat u said is false, My mum was the breadwinner, she was the man and the woman, her job was from 7 am till any time her boss leaves cos she was secretary to the MD of NAMA port harcourt branch, but she trained her 4 children well, 3 of us are graduates, so it depends on the woman, cos she ve stayed at home as a full-time house wife, i don't think any of her kids would ve finished skol, cos my dad was nothing to write abt cos he never stayed with us

Your dad never stayed with you and was nothing to write home about, yet you expected your mum to stay at home?
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
chiefoboh1:
I guess the once doing it also told their husband they shouldn't trust in them?. Am a worker, with what I see with my eyes on daily basis if i was already married with kids to lady who is so obsessed with career like you, I should have taken them 4 paternity test cos is this obsession that's it starts from.
I mean no offends with my speech
With all due respect, not every career lady cheat.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
IgANephropathy:
For the first time I meet someone who thinks like me. Why can’t we all see beyond gender, why can humanity come first? You just earned a new fan smiley

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Odunharry(m): 10:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
bukatyne:

Water cheesy
Hot or cold. Lol
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Lexusgs430: 10:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hathor5:

You clearly don't know what you are talking about. If my husband was Dangote and I developed a vaccine against Covid, would my education and talent be wasted for the simple reason that we got married? undecided

Tell me what billionaires wives in Nigeria, have invented/developed/manufactured, so far?.....
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by donmarshia(m): 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nuttella:
Remember that a wife is a helper, she have to also help financially, why is Aisha buhari not a housewife, why is Ngozi Okonjo iweala not a housewife?

Neither Aisha nor Ngozi should be your standard. I am also not against you working or helping your husband. All forms of work are hounarable!

But then, your assumption that help must be financial is really flawed. How can you quantify raising valuable children, how much is it worth? What is greater than this?

I am against sterotypical views as mentioned by the teacher. From her statements, if a wife cannot contribute financially, she is a failure. Jeez! What has happened to our world?

If before you get married, you are already thinking that your husband will need your help financially, then your thoughts might come to pass, creating a future where your husband will always lack. Be careful what you think.

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by chiefoboh1(m): 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nuttella:
With all due respect, not every career lady cheat.
that's right. In all happiness & peace is all that matters in union of marriage not all this go n work bla bla. Just let her do business that will give time to focus than rushing to work leaving d kids in hand of strangers
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
chiefoboh1:
that's right. In all happiness & peace is all that matters in union of marriage not all this go n work bla bla. Just let her do business that will give time to focus than rushing to work leaving d kids in hand of strangers
But we are talking about a full time housewife, not the one that have a business.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by donnie(m): 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
Did the man or the housewife complain?
What of those who will use these teachings to cause war at home. A woman who was happily married and raising godly children while the husband is away making money will see that important role she has as belittling.

Husband will come home tired, woman too will return tired and open fridge to find if there's any food left.

These are the kind of messages Christianity is made of. Churches have opened, the rubbish continues.

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by PrinceGoku(m): 10:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
Palema007:
There's more to Life than marriage.

Reason why you keep jumping from thread to thread making a hell of noise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nana Poku 'Heals' Woman With A Kiss In South Africa (Video) / Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar / A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61