Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

I Am Being Ignored - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Being Ignored (4025 Views)

Man Advises As His Brother Commits Suicide Days After He Ignored His Help / 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying / Mum Ignored Her Crying Daughter Who Had A Live Scorpion In Her Shoes. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Being Ignored by rhemauni: 6:27am On Aug 18, 2020
AnonymousRebec:
What does it mean when the person you are getting to know does not reply your WhatsApp messages even after 3 days and you can clearly see that this person is online or was recently online.

I got to know this person through a mutual friend. The mutual friend made it clear to him, that I'm someone he should take seriously and the mutual friend gave him my number and he contacted me.

So we have been talking from time to time. But he behaves wierd sometimes. Sometimes, especially during the weekends, he doesn't come online for the whole weekend and only sends a message on Monday morning. Even if I send a message on whatsapp during the weekend, i will not get a reply until monday morning. He has done this a couple of times.

Recently, I sent a message since Friday last week but he has not replied and this oga is online oo and he is looking at my WhatsApp status. The guy in question is in his mid 30s and I'm in my mid 20s.

I was thinking we can get to know each other, but as it is now, I don't have energy for stress.

Stop wooing a man, it will lead u to premium tears.

A man should woo u not the other way round.

He has more interesting babes that he is begging for their attention

Free him I don't know why it is hard for some people to read sign messages

2 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Denique(f): 7:23am On Aug 18, 2020
AnonymousRebec,

Ensure to take to the advice of those asking you to cutoff. By cutoff, I mean, BLOCK HIM completely.
However, don't be bitter about it. If, and when he calls you on the phone, go ahead and answer it and when you miss his calls, try to call back.

Why call back?

To make him realise it's nothing personal nor malicious neither are you sad about it. Again, anybody can call anyone but not everybody chats you up or vice versa as it is more personal.

Answering his calls, makes it obvious you just want to keep things official or at the very best, at a friendship level.

You can still be friends with him if you want to but DON'T YOU EVER TRY TO GO ON THAT JOURNEY WITH HIM because, you will end up DATING YOURSELF!

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Karleb(m): 8:37am On Aug 18, 2020
At least somebody is avenging us.

Isn't this what you guys do when you are not interested in a guy?

4 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by cricifixo: 8:50am On Aug 18, 2020
You say he always views ur status update. To me, your status update say alot about your personality

2 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 18, 2020
Denique:
AnonymousRebec,

Ensure to take to the advice of those asking you to cutoff. By cutoff, I mean, BLOCK HIM completely.
However, don't be bitter about it. If, and when he calls you on the phone, go ahead and answer it and when you miss his calls, try to call back.

Why call back?

To make him realise it's nothing personal nor malicious neither are you sad about it. Again, anybody can call anyone but not everybody chats you up or vice versa as it is more personal.

Answering his calls, makes it obvious you just want to keep things official or at the very least, friendship level.

You can still be friends with him if you want to but DON'T YOU EVER TRY TO GO ON THAT JOURNEY WITH HIM because, you will end up DATING YOURSELF!

Thanks for your tip. I'm not a bitter person though and I like good friendships. These days, your good network of friends can help make your life easier. I'm speaking from experience.
Re: I Am Being Ignored by mariahAngel(f): 9:18am On Aug 18, 2020
spiralwedge:
You are not even dating and you are this entitled?

SMFH

It's something I can do, if from our few chats i see that you cannot hold an intelligent convo, have archaic mentality, or have low IQ. Or simply dont find you attractive.

If you are the type that feel entitled to my attention and to me replying me when you want, i will be like him.

He has the right to answer you at anytime. The guy seems intelligent to me and can decode you quick and from afar.

You seem to be full of yourself.

The life of a lady does not revolve around a particular man. That you ignore her or find her boring does not mean others do.
For every lady you ignore, there are about ten or more guys fighting for her attention, but a lady wants attention only from the one she desires.
Like men would always say; ladies love attention, yes, but only from whom she wants it from, the others do not really matter to her.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by YourCoffin: 9:18am On Aug 18, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

Please, how does this in anyway relate to the topic at hand.

If he is he might be using his weekend for studies or personal projects. You know when you tinker with IT devices all through the week, you choose not to use any during weekends. Also he might be used to the company wifi

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Hathor5(f): 9:28am On Aug 18, 2020
Karleb:
At least somebody is avenging us.

Isn't this what you guys do when you are not interested in a guy?

Avenging you? Because it is the duty of ladies to like you? The mindset ... SMH

5 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Hathor5(f): 9:34am On Aug 18, 2020
YourCoffin:

If he is he might be using his weekend for studies or personal projects. You know when you tinker with IT devices all through the week, you choose not to use any during weekends. Also he might be used to the company wifi

All these excuses will only confuse her.

It is not so complicated.

If a guy likes a lady, he will take a few minutes to reply. It won't take three days.

As a matter of courtesy, he will inform her that he is busy and will get back to her.

Instead he is online chatting up other people.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Hathor5(f): 9:39am On Aug 18, 2020
spiralwedge:
You are not even dating and you are this entitled?

SMFH

It's something I can do, if from our few chats i see that you cannot hold an intelligent convo, have archaic mentality, or have low IQ. Or simply dont find you attractive.

If you are the type that feel entitled to my attention and to me replying me when you want, i will be like him.

He has the right to answer you at anytime. The guy seems intelligent to me and can decode you quick and from afar.

It's your prerogative to not like someone but it would be fair to treat them like you want to be treated. Why does he reply any of her messages at all? Why does he view her status? If you don't like someone, be clear about it. Don't confuse them. For a person who likes someone every little thing is a sign, keeps them hoping and waiting. Give them a clear sign to move on.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by ImaIma1(f): 9:44am On Aug 18, 2020
AnonymousRebec:
What does it mean when the person you are getting to know does not reply your WhatsApp messages even after 3 days and you can clearly see that this person is online or was recently online.

I got to know this person through a mutual friend. The mutual friend made it clear to him, that I'm someone he should take seriously and the mutual friend gave him my number and he contacted me.

So we have been talking from time to time. But he behaves wierd sometimes. Sometimes, especially during the weekends, he doesn't come online for the whole weekend and only sends a message on Monday morning. Even if I send a message on whatsapp during the weekend, i will not get a reply until monday morning. He has done this a couple of times.

Recently, I sent a message since Friday last week but he has not replied and this oga is online oo and he is looking at my WhatsApp status. The guy in question is in his mid 30s and I'm in my mid 20s.

I was thinking we can get to know each other, but as it is now, I don't have energy for stress.

Don't get worked up over someone that can't give you attention. Please ignore him and shift your focus. And when next he sends you a message, don't respond till he calls. You can't be the one doing the chasing.

Don't call
Don't respond to his messages till he calls.
Don't ask your mutual friend about him ( so that your friend won't go and tell him).

4 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Karleb(m): 10:07am On Aug 18, 2020
Hathor5:

Avenging you? Because it is the duty of ladies to like you? The mindset ... SMH

What are you saying?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by spiralwedge(m): 1:14pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hathor5:

It's your prerogative to not like someone but it would be fair to treat them like you want to be treated. Why does he reply any of her messages at all? Why does he view her status? If you don't like someone, be clear about it. Don't confuse them. For a person who likes someone every little thing is a sign, keeps them hoping and waiting. Give them a clear sign to move on.

No you are wrong, because they are not dating. If she likes him that much or wants his attention, why cant she vocalise it to him? Ohhh, she is waiting for him to do that first? Really? In this age and time?

As it is, she is friendzoned and is bitter. It is not every opposite sex that a guy meets that he should date. Nobody has expressed their intentions, or expectations. Or your "feminism" no reach make you tell the guy you like am?

Acquaintances are not entitled to my response on SM. She's not worth it in the long run. She, prob like you, has low to average IQ.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by spiralwedge(m): 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
mariahAngel:

You seem to be full of yourself.

The life of a lady does not revolve around a particular man. That you ignore her or find her boring does not mean others do.
For every lady you ignore, there are about ten or more guys fighting for her attention, but a lady wants the attention only from the one she desires.
Like men would always say; ladies love attention, yes, but only from whom she wants them from, the others do not really matter to her.

So what's stopping her from asking the guy out?

3 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by mariahAngel(f): 2:36pm On Aug 18, 2020
spiralwedge:

So what's stopping her from asking the guy out?

I think AnonymousRebec is in the position to answer the question undecided
Re: I Am Being Ignored by spiralwedge(m): 3:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
mariahAngel:

I think AnonymousRebec is in the position to answer the question undecided

Hahahahahahahahaha

Both of you are clowns

3 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by YourCoffin: 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hathor5:

All these excuses will only confuse her.

It is not so complicated.

If a guy likes a lady, he will take a few minutes to reply. It won't take three days.

As a matter of courtesy, he will inform her that he is busy and will get back to her.

Instead he is online chatting up other people.

You won't understand if you have never cut out any source of distraction in order to focus on s/th, especially for IT guys. Even his mum' s call he won't pick sef. Anyway I am assuming that's the field he is into.
Re: I Am Being Ignored by Hathor5(f): 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
spiralwedge:

No you are wrong, because they are not dating. If she likes him that much or wants his attention, why cant she vocalise it to him? Ohhh, she is waiting for him to do that first? Really? In this age and time?

As it is, she is friendzoned and is bitter. It is not every opposite sex that a guy meets that he should date. Nobody has expressed their intentions, or expectations. Or your "feminism" no reach make you tell the guy you like am?

Acquaintances are not entitled to my response on SM. She's not worth it in the long run. She, prob like you, has low to average IQ.

She is the one to send messages he doesn't react to. Do you suffer from Alzheimer's?

4 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Hathor5(f): 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
YourCoffin:

You won't understand if you have never cut out any source of distraction in order to focus on s/th, especially for IT guys. Even his mum' s call he won't pick sef. Anyway I am assuming that's the field he is into.

I have but then you wouldn't see me on WhatsApp. And the people who count something knew I needed to focus.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Being Ignored by NoToPile: 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
rhemauni:

Stop wooing a man, it will lead u to premium tears.

A man should woo u not the other way round.

He has more interesting babes that he is begging for their attention

Free him I don't know why it is hard for some people to read sign messages

Abi ooo

The man does the chasing as we all know, I don't know why some ladies will be chasing men.

Ignore him naaahhh Haba since he doesn't want to 'know you' free him.

Abegii.

If he later comes around good if he doesn't then no problem.

If he's interested in you he will show interest.

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Ignored by frozen70(f): 11:57pm On Aug 18, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

There must be something in him that is driving you crazy about him

He doesn't have your time because you are all over, give him a break and you will see if the relationship worths it

Be a woman, don't allow yourself to be used and dump

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Ignored by cococandy(f): 12:40am On Aug 19, 2020
He’s married
Re: I Am Being Ignored by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 19, 2020
cococandy:
He’s married
No, he isn't married

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Ignored by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

Eeyah pele I feel your pain. Most times I act like that man too. The thing Is when a Man crosses the threshold of 30years of age. It will be very difficult for him to settle down......
Re: I Am Being Ignored by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 22, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

I'm not dating him oo neither is he dating me. We are in the phase of knowing each other because it is about a month ago our mutual friend shared my number with him.
Let him be, dont chat him again, dont block or delete his contact, whenever he chats you, do not reply immediately, give him back the same measure. simple.

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Ignored by twosquare(m): 11:46am On Sep 22, 2020
Send me a PM, let's talk. grin
AnonymousRebec:

Re: I Am Being Ignored by LyfeJennings(m): 7:57am On Sep 23, 2020
I'm sometimes like that
I'm mid 30s too but mehnnnnnnm, the thing wey dey this head plenty
I don't chase women esp when I'm broke
I go free everybody
Just give him a break
He might change
Re: I Am Being Ignored by xammax(m): 9:55am On Sep 23, 2020
Zzor:
stop dating yourself,stop it
how the heck do you always find yourself in any relationship thread undecided e be things
Re: I Am Being Ignored by letskeeptalking: 10:11am On Sep 23, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

Are you sure he is not married?
Re: I Am Being Ignored by MadeMan01(m): 9:47am On Sep 24, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

Are you legit? Are you serious? Send me DM
Re: I Am Being Ignored by Egoat(m): 2:22pm On Sep 24, 2020
Denique:
AnonymousRebec,

Why call back?

Answering his calls, makes it obvious you just want to keep things official or at the very best, at a friendship level.

Does she need to even block him? Just change your privacy setting and delete his number, by this it will be blank at the other side, then archive the conversation.
Blocking him will show she is petty and immature since it's not like they have any misunderstanding.
I agree with the other tips tho.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He Stole Again / PHOTOS: See What A Couple Does For A Living! / White Wedding Location Issues – What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.