Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? (27676 Views)

As A Federal Government Worker, How Will You Celebrate This Christmas? / Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by idowuswap: 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2020
idowuswap:
IGBO people s with bad luck
IGBO people with bad luck
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Arsenate(m): 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mistakemaker:
Hello, I had to create this new account specifically for this and had to post in this section because I can't do so in job/vacancy section yet.

Straight to the point, I resigned my job in a government tertiary institution up north due to security challenges less than a month ago,. Now I have come down to a similar institution in a state in the southern part of Nigeria but finding it hard to cope here due to human relationship factors.. I wish to go back to the north and manage the security situations there than to be suffering human factors here.

The said institution is a federal government hospital

Now I learnt one can cancel resignation within 3 months of tendering it, my questions are now :
(1)is it true according to the civil service rule?
(2) what are the processes involved

I need candid answer to this.. You can add insults if you so wish.. I will be replying to further questions

Please front page, I need advise on this, thanks
Lol
I can relate. Southerners are unpleasant folks, relative to northerners, no bigiotry intended, just stating my experience just like the op. You will understand if you had a cause to interact with both sets of people. The difference is that staggering.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
emkz:
Per your work contract, did you not have to specify some weeks' or months' notice before your resignation became effective or salary in lieu? Some facts are missing.

Next time, take a leave and don't resign too quickly. If you have been removed from the payroll, you cannot just saunter into the position you resigned from. You have to go through a fresh recruitment process. Point being that you need to talk to the HR personnel in the uni and not nairalanders.
My resignation took effect from the 31st of July last month, so I'm barely two weeks since it expired
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
kapelvej:
This should be straight forward Just ask human resource or who ever you submitted to or the responsible department in your present place of work
I submitted it to my HOD who now forwarded it to the management
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by ejimatic: 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mistakemaker:

Is purely bc of that, yes there is insecurity in the north and I have being attacked before and my things worth up to 500k carted away but I enjoyed good working condition with people with good mind but here everyone is bitter.. I prefer to endure the insecurity, if I perish I perish than to be in a bitter working environment
At this point personal decision and peace of mind come in. I wish you Gods protection in your choice to return to the north
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
ejimatic:
At this point personal decision and peace of mind come in. I wish you Gods protection in your choice to return to the north
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Biglogo(m): 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
Stay where u are right now so that u won't also regret why u left the place, try has human, to cope with human factor as time goes on u will adapt. I see u as someone who has not explore different environment while growing up and this is affecting ur ability to cope with crazy people. As for me I won't trade my life on security factor I would rather take on any human challenges than managing insecurity.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Equitty15(m): 9:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
Unigrad:

People are paying millions for a federal government job slot. Nigeria and Nigerians.
yes bro, it's a sad reality that we just have to face
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Acuna91: 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Grab my weed while I read comments

As far as say the thing never reach 90 days..... brother you for just waka leave the job at first without writing a resignation letter... that would have been better....
Same way buhari leave he job for nearly 90 days...he come quickly run come back as the thing don almost reach 90 days.....
The same thing with federal government work..you can walk away for three months and come back... the highest them fit give you na query letter and warning letter

......if you know men way know men for the hospital then write a letter to withdraw the resignation letter and they will quickly dig into your files

Yo niggarrr

I have been noticing your comments so far. Quite funny the way you start all with damn niggarrr grin grin cheesy
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by kapelvej: 9:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mistakemaker:

I submitted it to my HOD who now forwarded it to the management
I see, but just ask your human resource department or check the federal civil service rule book
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Carlylepneuma: 9:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mistakemaker:
Hello, I had to create this new account specifically for this and had to post in this section because I can't do so in job/vacancy section yet.

Straight to the point, I resigned my job in a government tertiary institution up north due to security challenges less than a month ago,. Now I have come down to a similar institution in a state in the southern part of Nigeria but finding it hard to cope here due to human relationship factors.. I wish to go back to the north and manage the security situations there than to be suffering human factors here.

Now I learnt one can cancel resignation within 3 months of tendering it, my questions are now :

I need candid answer to this.. You can add insults if you so wish.. I will be replying to further questions

undecided[quo
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 9:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
Biglogo:
Stay where u are right now so that u won't also regret why u left the place, try has human, to cope with human factor as time goes on u will adapt. I see u as someone who has not explore different environment while growing up and this is affecting ur ability to cope with crazy people. As for me I won't trade my life on security factor I would rather take on any human challenges than managing insecurity.
Thanks bro, I appreciate.. I was actually advised to relocate bc of insecurity in the north west, I must confess I was once attacked by bandits and things worth up to 500k stolen from me, in fact I miraculously escaped from them to survive... I'm in the south now, doing exactly same job, there is security here but the savages in the office make me feel I should go back up north where I enjoyed peace in the office
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by DrTims(m): 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2020
Baba connect me ooo. cry
Mistakemaker:

I'm still in a federal job.. Same job just another federal government hospital
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 9:26pm On Aug 17, 2020
kapelvej:
I see, but just ask your human resource department or check the federal civil service rule book
Okay
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by SocialJustice: 9:27pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mistakemaker:

You sound like a very selfish person and I hope you lose both jobs. There are millions of unemployed people in Nigeria and you're here switching jobs anyhow because you feel you can. You need dey street make you get sense.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
SocialJustice:
You sound like a very selfish person and I hope you lose both jobs. There are millions of unemployed people in Nigeria and you're here switching jobs anyhow because you feel you can. You need dey street make you get sense.
May the curse follow u... I'm sure you've been miserable and haven't gotten job for 20 years and u will never get one because you wish your fellow humans bad.. May evil and joblessness follow u all the days of your life.. You will never prosper.. Amen

1 Like

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by LordReed(m): 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mistakemaker:

I just checked the public service rules, there's no clause that says you can cancel your resignation. You can check your former place of employment to see if such a clause is in their conditions of service.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by pawesome(m): 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
I will say it now and always with no apology,the north is the best place to live in Nigeria..

5 Likes

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
LordReed:

I just checked the public service rules, there's no clause that says you can cancel your resignation. You can check your former place of employment to see if such a clause is in their conditions of service.
Where did u check it please.. Some people said 3 months it can be cancelled
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
pawesome:
I will say it now and always with no apology,the north is the best place to live in Nigeria..
Yes it is, to be honest.. The only problem is insecurity, I have been a victim but I have found ways to manage it

1 Like

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Arsenate(m): 9:44pm On Aug 17, 2020
pawesome:
Most who have stayed in both regions won't even argue with you. The north is infamous for being uneducated, unsecured, backward, etc, yet the people over there lead far better lives than southerners. Probably because they are less greedy and easily contented.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by ledaman: 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hmm!
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by RTSC: 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2020
Lol.
This new guy saw my comment on that earlier thread and he is now withdrawing his resignation. grin

You better be smart. No job like govt job in Nigeria.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by SocialJustice: 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mistakemaker:

May the curse follow u... I'm sure you've been miserable and haven't gotten job for 20 years and u will never get one because you wish your fellow humans bad.. May evil and joblessness follow u all the days of your life.. You will never prosper.. Amen
Go work on your greed. And I didn't curse you to start with, only shared my opinion. Your understanding of what I said only goes to prove further the negative character that you are.

Not everyone is a job seeker or feels a job is the only way to earn a living.

Carry your self inflicted wound elsewhere to treat.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by LordReed(m): 9:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mistakemaker:

Where did u check it please.. Some people said 3 months it can be cancelled

Go here: https://www.ohcsf.gov.ng/resource-ohcsf_2020_budget__click_to_view_and_downloads
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2020
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 9:53pm On Aug 17, 2020
SocialJustice:
Go work on your greed. And I didn't curse you to start with, only shared my opinion. Your understanding of what I said only goes to prove further the negative character that you are.

Not everyone is a job seeker or feels a job is the only way to earn a living.

Carry your self inflicted wound elsewhere to treat.
You're cursed jobless wicked man.. You will remain jobless, Atleast I even have options of jobs I want but your miserable cursed sef will remain so bc u will keep being a failure.. Amen
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Roofingpro(m): 9:54pm On Aug 17, 2020
shocked
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by thundafire: 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mistakemaker:

u are confused
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 9:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
Arsenate:

Most who have stayed in both regions won't even argue with you. The north is infamous for being uneducated, unsecured, backward, etc, yet the people over there lead far better lives than southerners. Probably because they are less greedy and easily contented.
They don't stress themselves Jare and no much trouble but here in the south na from one wahala to another.. North is the best

1 Like

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 9:57pm On Aug 17, 2020
RTSC:
Lol.
This new guy saw my comment on that earlier thread and he is now withdrawing his resignation. grin

You better be smart. No job like govt job in Nigeria.
I have a federal government job here too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" / How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection / Lecturing In State University Vs Federal Polytechnic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.