Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? (27674 Views)

As A Federal Government Worker, How Will You Celebrate This Christmas? / Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2020
luluosas:
Better. Just on those trying to frustrate you. It is well.
I resigned my job at AUN in the north due to insecurity and relocated down south here. I am not regretting anything though not with a job since 2017 here. Cheers.
Wow.. Nice one bro, the insecurity in the north west is getting so bad, and I valued my life after having escaped an attempt on my life one day like that.. That's why I had to relocate
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Highorbit7O16: 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2020
Mistakemaker:

Is purely bc of that, yes there is insecurity in the north and I have being attacked before and my things worth up to 500k carted away but I enjoyed good working condition with people with good mind but here everyone is bitter.. I prefer to endure the insecurity, if I perish I perish than to be in a bitter working environment
Are you saying igbo people are bitter?
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
Highorbit7O16:
Are you saying igbo people are bitter?
I can't say they're bitter but they take life so seriously and most are naturally agitated., is really not easy
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Bianda24: 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
Before I answer your question, I need to ask you some questions, 1. Did you pay one month salary or inform your organization one month earlier? 2. Was there a letter from your institution to acknowledge the receipt of your letter and approved your request.

Thank you
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mayflowa(m): 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
Vicky99:
Drop me your email address.. I will message you.

satz5000@yahoo.com. Don’t quote it because I will remove it once you email
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by mechanics(m): 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2020
Check your civil service rules.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2020
Bianda24:
Before I answer your question, I need to ask you some questions, 1. Did you pay one month salary or inform your organization one month earlier? 2. Was there a letter from your institution to acknowledge the receipt of your letter and approved your request.

Thank you
Answers:
(1)I informed my organisation one month earlier
(2)there was no letter of approval to me
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
Why not go & read the public service rules for yourself rather coming here to be spoon fed? The public service rules will tell you all you need to know about your question, when, where & how to go about it. Permit me to add this, the earlier the better for you. Time is usually of essence in issues like this. Good luck!
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
Pick up (buy or borrow) a copy of the public service rules and read for yourself what you are supposed to do. The earlier the better.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by MajorQasim: 1:04am On Aug 19, 2020
Mistakemaker:
Hello, I had to create this new account specifically for this and had to post in this section because I can't do so in job/vacancy section yet.

Straight to the point, I resigned my job in a government tertiary institution up north due to security challenges less than a month ago,. Now I have come down to a similar institution in a state in the southern part of Nigeria but finding it hard to cope here due to human relationship factors.. I wish to go back to the north and manage the security situations there than to be suffering human factors here.

The said institution is a federal government hospital

Now I learnt one can cancel resignation within 3 months of tendering it, my questions are now :
(1)is it true according to the civil service rule?
(2) what are the processes involved

I need candid answer to this.. You can add insults if you so wish.. I will be replying to further questions

Please front page, I need advise on this, thanks

Hello- sorry to hear about your predicament, I can just about understand what you are going through. Is that the reason behind the name? eyah , don't let it get to you o. this life, e no hard like that o. Even when I was in military and saw plenty, dealt with human factors. Its mad! I know !
Anyways to your question, one of my colleague cancelled his resignation close to 3months sef. there is a rule book Which Ministry are you under? I can ask my colleague how he went about it during his time. But its been a while since he moved to anothe rcity but can certainly assist you with this.

Don't stress , if worse comes to it, just find ways to manage the south. Holla @ me!
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Nobody: 2:10am On Aug 19, 2020
Mistakemaker:

Lol, u don't understand my writeup...Those who did have given their useful contribution.. I didn't lose a job bc I work same job here, u can read to understand again.. I have no need to engage u in altercation
Mr.Comprehension...Seems you have phycological issues.Is it not same way you resigned in the North and landed in the South.Why not go about it same way and Land in the North again.
If you had taken time out to read the civil service handbook you won't be spewing pooo.
Don't know how some of you get these jobs talkless of promotion.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 7:30am On Aug 19, 2020
DemonInvoker:

Mr.Comprehension...Seems you have phycological issues.Is it not same way you resigned in the North and landed in the South.Why not go about it same way and Land in the North again.
If you had taken time out to read the civil service handbook you won't be spewing pooo.
Don't know how some of you get these jobs talkless of promotion.
You're a stack illiterate and frustrated jobless man.. I don't lack job you confused man, you will remain jobless for more 20 years, Tueh!

You're psychologically imbalanced
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 7:31am On Aug 19, 2020
MajorQasim:

Hello- sorry to hear about your predicament, I can just about understand what you are going through. Is that the reason behind the name? eyah , don't let it get to you o. this life, e no hard like that o. Even when I was in military and saw plenty, dealt with human factors. Its mad! I know !
Anyways to your question, one of my colleague cancelled his resignation close to 3months sef. there is a rule book Which Ministry are you under? I can ask my colleague how he went about it during his time. But its been a while since he moved to anothe rcity but can certainly assist you with this.

Don't stress , if worse comes to it, just find ways to manage the south. Holla @ me!
How to ị reach you.. Can you send me your number here or email
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Bianda24: 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mistakemaker:

Answers:
(1)I informed my organisation one month earlier
(2)there was no letter of approval to me

If there was no approval letter, it means you have not exited the institution. Therefore, go withdraw the letter.
Thanks.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 7:12pm On Aug 19, 2020
Bianda24:

If there was no approval letter, it means you have not exited the institution. Therefore, go withdraw the letter.
Thanks.
Thanks bro.. I greatly appreciate your kind response.. You're a good man, I can see that

1 Like

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Bianda24: 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mistakemaker:

Thanks bro.. I greatly appreciate your kind response.. You're a good man, I can see that

Thank you... I am honoured. I wish you all the best.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by MajorQasim: 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mistakemaker:

How to ị reach you.. Can you send me your number here or email

Sorry I've been off here. you can message me on WhatsApp 08129430475. Will be expecting your message .
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Iceboiking: 8:54am On Oct 24, 2021
I have a similar issue please, but mine is a bit different.....
Its been two months now that I resigned from a Federal Government Job, because I got another job I like, still Federal Govt though....
But the new one has not started paying me yet........
But the other one paid me the very month I tendered my resignation letter.....
And I have a copy of the my resignation that was acknowledged by head of the station where I work, and the copy of the forwarding letter with his acknowledgement and stamp
My question how long does it normally take before they will stop my salary....
And if the new one wants to pay me this month, I hope it won't crash seeing it is the same IPPIS that pays.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" / How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection / Lecturing In State University Vs Federal Polytechnic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.