Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (408200 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 10:07pm On Mar 03, 2011
@All,

We are not in competition. Atimes, Learning is Fun.
Spyder, just need to convince us. And I hope we learn something new from it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:07pm On Mar 03, 2011
Am Alone:

hahahhaha

Mr. Spyder

4.7Milla
Including land oo
I bought the land for 1.5m
lawyer and agent fee 150k
omonile 200k
aproval and architect 210k

Abeg minus am from that 4.7million u quote
and besides
my last quote was 4.4m

hahahaha
Moreover I am not complaining
I'm?
I just want people to know the truth
Soup wey sweet, na money kill am
And for your information
My budget is **million for this bungalow
and man your harsh words no fit discourage moi!!!

What I want you to understand is that,
quality is quality
10million for a bungalow is never too much
especially when you have the money!!!!
lets praye for more money men!

U i go lekki last week sunday
them begin show me 2 plot of water
wey dey inside big bush
and them they call am 16million per plot
guy, my heart cut. To fill one plot inside that 1 alone
and do rafting foundation
pass *million. And guy
na foundation u still dey o!!!
So forget. The money i dey spend go build me duplex
wella. But this is what I want
and e no cost me much

After removing the land costs and other expenses, it is still on the high side, but I didnt need to complain, till you started singing the granite song which seemed like you were moaning about your costs. If you are comfy with what you got, them allow others to do their own.
Telling me you like your bungalow more than the duplex you saw in lekki is a straight faced lie! Those wey no get money to buy coat always say it causes heat rashes! (na joke I dey joke o)
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:18pm On Mar 03, 2011
brabus:

@Spyder, congratulations on your 300th post on Nairaland.
Good to know that you agree this platform is to update and learn new things.

Problem Meet Solution:
Rats, roaches enter through wires and electric cables from the roof which neither hollow nor non-hollowed blocks can prevent.

My Solution:
After the foundation, the[b] german floor [/b]seals up everything (termite, snakes, etc) that may want to pass through the floor.

After the block work, a ring beam seal up the hollow blocks thus preventing unauthorized tenants through the roof.

Now, the next thing to do is to prevent the unauthorized tenants from gaining entry through the windows, doors, ceiling by fumigating the house.

Why do you need non-hollowed blocks, when:
1. You are still going to have beams for windows and doors.
2. You are having a german floor
3. You are going to have windows
4. PHCN has not guarantee regular power supply (HEAT)
5. You are going do some plumbing work

Is it because of the strength (which doesnt count as you still require beam and colums) or just because you want to prevent snakes, roaches and rats?

Thank you bros, the real need for non hollow blocks is because hollow blocks are easier to gain entry into. I have seen a house where the owner has all the latest security gadgets, the thieves just used sledge hammers to crush the walls of the house and gained entry easily. It wont happen in a solid block house.
Fumigation is only a temporal solution to rats and snakes, the pemanent solution is to deny them a living space in hollow blocks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:24pm On Mar 03, 2011
spyder880:

After removing the land costs and other expenses, it is still on the high side, but I didnt need to complain, till you started singing the granite song which seemed like you were moaning about your costs. If you are comfy with what you got, them allow others to do their own.
Telling me you like your bungalow more than the duplex you saw in lekki is a straight faced lie! Those wey no get money to buy coat always say it causes heat rashes! (na joke I dey joke o)

U 2 dey mis-understand person
I no say i c duplex for lekki
I say for lekki
cost of foundation(rafting foundation) dey reach 4 to 5 million
plus filling of water go amount to 7 or 8million
say for duplex.
I am a VERY young man(under 26)
wether I build bungalow or duplex
na my problem!!!! U can say i no get the money
no problem!!!! Na person wey no get the money go vex for am
na u dey carry face up. GRANITE BETTER PAS GRAVEL leave am there
besides abi ur own house dey come. Make we dey see hw e go go na

wetin moi wey neva marry and no get children won to dey do alone
inside ma 5bedroom duplex?(father has his own house)
grin grin grin
Man for now, at my age and stage, I won rock bungalow jor!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:34pm On Mar 03, 2011
Am Alone:

U 2 dey mis-understand person
I no say i c duplex for lekki
I say for lekki
cost of foundation(rafting foundation) dey reach 4 to 5 million
plus filling of water go amount to 7 or 8million
say for duplex.
I am a VERY young man(under 26)
wether I build bungalow or duplex
na my problem!!!! U can say i no get the money
no problem!!!! Na person wey no get the money go vex for am
na u dey carry face up. GRANITE BETTER PAS GRAVEL leave am there
besides abi your own house dey come. Make we dey see hw e go go na

wetin moi wey neva marry and no get children won to dey do alone
inside ma 5bedroom duplex?(father has his own house)
grin grin grin
Man for now, at my age and stage, I won rock bungalow jor!!!

At 26? Well I had four houses in different parts of Enugu when I was your age, All tenant houses including the block of six flats I built when I was 24. This is my first real house where I am building to live, I have a wife now and a few lovely,little kids.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:35pm On Mar 03, 2011
@ Topic

I have made some more improvements on my project
Because I am building a gutter roof on the bungalow

The iron bender is very slow and is really delaying the project
I will post you updated amount of the project sofar
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 10:35pm On Mar 03, 2011
@Spyder, N4.7m incldg land is not too much, considering the level of work done so far.

spyder880:

Thank you bros, the real need for non hollow blocks is because hollow blocks are easier to gain entry into. I have seen a house where the owner has all the latest security gadgets, the thieves just used sledge hammers to crush the walls of the house and gained entry easily. It wont happen in a solid block house.
Fumigation is only a temporal solution to rats and snakes, the pemanent solution is to deny them a living space in hollow blocks.

Another reason one should not go for solid block. Who knows when one might decide to make readjustment (I mean like expanding the kids room or making simple conversions).

I have seen estates with 10,000watt security fence (with precast concrete) being robbed, so solid block house is not an exception.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2011
@ spyder
You don't need this
I didn't say i am 26

I am under 26
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:39pm On Mar 03, 2011
brabus:

@Spyder, N4.7m incldg land is not too much, considering the level of work done so far.

Another reason one should not go for solid block. Who knows when one might decide to make readjustment (I mean like expanding the kids room or making simple conversions).

I have seen estates with 10,000watt security fence (with precast concrete) being robbed, so solid block house is not an exception.

lmfao
GUY ABEG NO KILL ME WITH LAFTER NA
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:51pm On Mar 03, 2011
Updated info:

To build the gutter roofing(the roofing will just be like guther roof)
I have spent and additional 500,000 ooo

Wood -- 120,000
sand(today somebody brought me dredging sand for 22k. I have been buy it for 24k) @22k per tipper --- 44k(2 tippers)
cement @ 2000 per bag, 40 bags --- 80,000
rods( 12 and 10mm & transport --- 105,000
Omonile ----- 30k(no mind me o, I pay plumber money, electrician,plastering, iron bender, plumber and more, @ 5k each)
carpenter workmanship---- 42,000
iron beder ---- 28,000
electrician including workmanship for just the pipping of the wires---- 89,000 ( my electrical is a big complicated that is why! I will be using inverter, and also, only my one of the rooms light and the sitting room light will be working with the meter. Others will be working for freeeeeeeeeee)

totaling: 528,000(this is because I am doing this gutter roof thing.) excluding the omonile and the electrical
Gutter roof is always very expensive, ask any1
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:58pm On Mar 03, 2011
Total money spent so far for this project( 4 bedroom bungalow) is:

NET TOTAL: N4,976,700(including land totaling -- N2,060,000)

Total cost on this project now is  angry angry angry
N2,916,700

that's expensive!!!
your HEART fit CUT now!!!!

Once they cast and remove the wood on the gutter roof design next week,
I will show you all.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 2dmax(m): 11:30pm On Mar 03, 2011
@ am alone, guy pls and pls, this thread is meant to be educative and informative. we appreciate your giant strides as a young man, but openly exchanging posts with some people in particular and not actually giving educative/informative opinions instead will all make us weary of reading this thread. You just unknowingly gave a point we can all learn from: you building will be charged by PHCN for only 2 bulbs! You can teach us all! Pls. @ spyder888, i wonder why you want to derail all your beautiful efforts made so far in carrying us along. Pls keep your focus intact, most of us, if not all is counting on it. Meanwhile,@ all, do get your best quotes forr electrical wires and cables from me. Dont make that order till you hear from first.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2011
2dmax:

@ am alone, guy pls and pls, this thread is meant to be educative and informative. we appreciate your giant strides as a young man, but openly exchanging posts with some people in particular and not actually giving educative/informative opinions instead will all make us weary of reading this thread. You just unknowingly gave a point we can all learn from: you building will be charged by PHCN for only 2 bulbs! You can teach us all! Pls. @ spyder888, i wonder why you want to derail all your beautiful efforts made so far in carrying us along. Pls keep your focus intact, most of us, if not all is counting on it. Meanwhile,@ all, do get your best quotes forr electrical wires and cables from me. Dont make that order till you hear from first.

Guy y u won finish only me na??

Regarding wires
I use Nigeria wires only
my electrician gave me quations of 290k only wires
is that okay?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:44pm On Mar 03, 2011
@2dmax

Na the electrician nai kno o
get a profecional electrician
it is beta they do it while
doing the condict electrical works
that way PHCN will neva find out!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by lastpage: 12:04am On Mar 04, 2011
^^^^ Please "discontinue" that line of discussion about "free NEPA".
If anyone wants to know more about how you do that (including me grin ) let hem have a private discussion" (PM) with you.

You know why naa? Walls have ears.

BTW: Lets bury the beef about "personality" between you and Spyder (and this is to both of you!)

Both of you have a point but you dont have to accept the other person's point of view on everything.

Lets keep it focused on 'HOW STUFF WORKS"! COSTING AND LEARNING.

Appreciate all'aya. Lets have more pics please.

@brabus: Can you shed more light on that thing you mentioned about having a "RING BEAM" (just before roofing) to prevent them damned Rats/Roaches from entering a building, please? Cheers
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:11am On Mar 04, 2011
^^^^^

Man one thing I'm very sure about
build with gravel or granite
RATS will still dig up their hole in it
it may not be with the first 5 yrs of the building
but say 6 or 7 yrs later,
Rats will surely have their way
My advice is,
keep the house clean
kill them -- rats
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:13am On Mar 04, 2011
the only thing i'm certain rats don't dig tru in a building is
tiles
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 6:46am On Mar 04, 2011
@ lastpage, See pic below.

You can see that precautive measures were taken from the foundation stage to level. Rodents, rats, snakes will be trapped in any of the level even if they find their way into the block during construction.

See 3rd picture below. Notice the beam is continuous.

As my father used to say "Rats dey Buckingham Palace, just do your best"

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 6:49am On Mar 04, 2011
more pics from Brabus 5 bedroom duplex,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 7:28am On Mar 04, 2011
@ spyder, pls beware of thread derailers,

no be everything or comment you go respond,

suffice it to say here that there are many people living in Lagos that lagos life don steal so tay dem no sabi wetin they happen outside, they feel as long as its done this way in Lagos, it must be so elsewhere in the country,

I never build b4, but from where I come from where you find the real red laterite (Benin city) thats is so tough , u rarely see people building with hollow blocks, and there are some ancient buildings with blind blocks spanning almost 100yrs still breathing, all u do is painting ,

I have heard this issue of granite and gravel stuff before that if granite is not even mixed well, it can fail, on the other hand, my uncle's house decking was made of washed pebbles and ofcourse with blind blocks, that house is over 30yrs now no crack or watsoever, , MATERIALS FOR BUILDINGS IN WARRI-PH-LAGOS MIGHT BE DIFFERENT FROM THOSE USED IN ENUGU-ABUJA-KANO etc, I totally agree with this

I would enjoin readers to lets not derail this thread buy arguing, if u dont agree, refer us to ur own thread and start smthn, THE ESSENCE OF THIS THREAD IS TO GET SOMETHING SOLID ENOUGH FOR A CONSIDERABLE BUDGET!

so far I am encouraged and I believe many people are, , @ thread owner, was there any activity in site 2day?, let the update flow pls,

its well with u all!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:49am On Mar 04, 2011
kuntash:

suffice it to say here that there are many people living in Lagos that lagos life don steal so tay dem no sabi wetin they happen outside, they feel as long as its done this way in Lagos, it must be so elsewhere in the country,

I never build b4, but from where I come from where you find the real red laterite (Benin city) thats is so tough , u rarely see people building with hollow blocks, and there are some ancient buildings with blind blocks spanning almost 100yrs still breathing, all u do is painting ,

I have heard this issue of granite and gravel stuff before that if granite is not even mixed well, it can fail, on the other hand, my uncle's house decking was made of washed pebbles and ofcourse with blind blocks, that house is over 30yrs now no crack or watsoever, , MATERIALS FOR BUILDINGS IN WARRI-PH-LAGOS MIGHT BE DIFFERENT FROM THOSE USED IN ENUGU-ABUJA-KANO etc, I totally agree with this

I would enjoin readers to lets not derail this thread buy arguing, if u dont agree, refer us to your own thread and start smthn, THE ESSENCE OF THIS THREAD IS TO GET SOMETHING SOLID ENOUGH FOR A CONSIDERABLE BUDGET!

so far I am encouraged and I believe many people are, , @ thread owner, was there any activity in site 2day?, let the update flow pls,

its well with u all!!

Thanks bros, there was no work at site yesterday, we had no water, check page 8-9 for the last updates I gave around 5pm yesterday.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:27am On Mar 04, 2011
kuntash:

I would enjoin readers to lets not derail this thread buy arguing, if u dont agree, refer us to your own thread and start smthn, THE ESSENCE OF THIS THREAD IS TO GET SOMETHING SOLID ENOUGH FOR A CONSIDERABLE BUDGET!

its well with u all!!

And who are you referring to?
Beware of thread killers you mean?
Nobody here is trying to kill any thread
If only mr. spyder is responding and contributing to this
thread, that would be killing the thread
because he himself will get bored and feel discourage
And for your information. As you know, we are contributing as well
I no no where you get ur own observations from.

And mess u for saying ", Lagos life don steal so tay dem no sabi wetin they happen outstide"
What is best is best. Don't bring insults here. I have being to places outside Lagos and Nigeria
Embrace civilization ma

Presently the best materials to use in building house are
steel iron. But because of the cost
we go for cheaper stuffs.
Just cut ur coat according to your cloth
And because we go for cheaper stuffs doesn't mean
we should say they are the best.
Just let the people know the truth.
Gravel and Granite and steel very are strong
but steel is stronger
then granite, then gravel.
You can keep saying or arguing ignorantly
any gravel well mixed can last for 50yrs sef bros
and you fit send me that picture of your 100yrs old house
and prove that it was built with the thing you have mentioned
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:32am On Mar 04, 2011
I can post you pictures of all this old fashion houses
here in Ikorodu that must have lasted 50 to 70 yrs.

Apart from the fact that they are so outdated in designs
they also look finished! With cracks everywhere.

Hollow or Non hollow blocks
they are both gud
I did not say they are not.
What I'm saying is that it is more preferable you use
the hollowed ones.
This is another thing civilization has brough us
Please embrace it!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 8:44am On Mar 04, 2011
Am Alone, I wouldnt want to join issues with u pls. even though you are tryng to turn this thread to an argument forum,

person wey look around im papa farm feel and think say na im papa farm big pass,  Am Alone,  you have used phrases as  such as" ignorantly", this is quite unfair, na im make me say YOU talk as if Lagos is your all in all, perhaps aided by DSTV discovery channel , but let me remind you of what I said earlier, many ordinary decent Nigerians would love to go the way of Spyder, there are some that might lke urs, (Cast entire house with concrete mixed with the SMALLER granite etc) , and care less of the cost as long as they deliver fast , its fine, but I would advice u start ur thread, you can title it " GETTING A BUNGALOW WITH SOLID MATERIALS AND FAST!" , people too would contribute,

But this one is titled "the REAL cost of Building a 6-bedroom duplex", look back, u have used about 2 pages up just arguing and terming people ignorant and u say its not derailing thread, pls just stop and focus on what the title says, but if u no gree, I agree with u  what ever u say, U win!!, na u biko!, I no fit saoooot O!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 2dmax(m): 9:33am On Mar 04, 2011
@ am alone. if you will kindly post the qoutation list the electrician gave to you, I can state the prices. Even if you have bought, you still have a right to know! I owe Nairaland such service!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:17am On Mar 04, 2011
^^^ Will get back to you later with the qouations

@Kuntash,

Sir/Madam, what is your problem?
And why me? The two pages you are talking about
was I the only one that type there?? Carry your own waka jorray
Brabus, wey dey build shey na gravel him dey use?
@least for the foundation him use granite
because him know say na him gud pass.
Sometimes 2much of cheap labour & materials dey lead to catastrophe

You can build with anything for all I care
I can post you pictures of a bungalow going on in my site there
the owner refused to put any pillars on it
and now the whole building is just cracking up
When i get to my site today I will post for you
Some people will tell you bungalow don't need pillars
but its a lie. My advice is that you put them
even you use gravel. Put them. It is very important.
Another man in my area who finished his bungalow just last year
the bungalow has 26 pillars. 10 of it stopped at the foundation
while 16 goes up!
The roofing the man use are clay tile
it is very heavy. but even at that, 16 pillars for a 4 bedroom bungalow may
seem too much. But that is that
I don't know how you think. And don't care to know
Some ppl have all the money to spend on building since
they will be living in it
why some others just thinks
why the waste. go ahead.
even the septic tank for my soak-away in the compound
has 4 pillars and 2 cross beams.
Some ppl don't even bother to put pillars at all
that's their business. But in future, some do collapse

I am not hear to cost arguments or mislead ppl
I'm here to air my thoughts
if you say this is right and I think it isn't
can't I air my own opinion?
Plz leave it there. Lets forget it
You can keep looking for cheap labours around
so as not to discourage yoursef
but what is worth doing, is worth doing well, especially when you have the money

Different strokes for different folks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:26am On Mar 04, 2011
@ Kuntash,

Man do you think I like to waste my hard earn money
You think when I buy cement it doesn't pain me huh?
Or you think when I pay for omonile
it doesn't hurts me?
you think say if i see granite 20k for 20tons I no go buy?

Let the readers know the truth.
and not mislead ppl
Abestors roofs do last
but you can't compare them to aluminium
that is why their prices are different.
you can't tell me because you are using abestos
that it is the best. NO WAY!!!!

Do this for me,
Get a sample of gravel and another sample of granite
and tell me from you church mind which you think look beter!!!
if they are of same quality, then why is gravel far more expensive?

Gravel is not very gud because of the dirt
file!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 2dmax(m): 10:45am On Mar 04, 2011
@ am alone. Cool. Will be waiting on the quotations. Thank you.
But bro, dont pop a vein because u want to prove a point. Aint worth it!
Prove ur point but dont pop a vein!
Can you mail me d nos of the electrician that did the wonder wirings? I'd appreciate. maxndianaefo@yahoo.com
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:54am On Mar 04, 2011
Soon as I confirm from him, I will mail you his number

I will get back to you tonyte!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 2dmax(m): 11:12am On Mar 04, 2011
@ am alone. Ok. Will be xpctng.
Thanks, and more money and grease to your elbows!
The kind of money you are spending have made u a full fledged man! Do stop cussing as if you are a girl! (no pun intended).
Thanks once again.
2dmax.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 12:17pm On Mar 04, 2011
any update on project pls,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2011
Still loving the thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.