Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (408202 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 11:25pm On Feb 28, 2011
Has anyone seen this before! Make a lot of sense for those buying lands in marshy areas

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:38pm On Feb 28, 2011
My cost updates.
As at the 24th of feb. My expenses was at a total ofN209,650.
Since we started digging on friday last week, I have spent
N49000 for all labour costs (bricklayer, labourers and even iron bender. If it sounds too cheap, dont blame me cause am a Bargain champion) but I have not paid my engineer for supervision yet.
N139000 for all materials excluding the blocks which I had made earlier. (This money is for Cement, sand, gravel, stone, rods and water) I know every building material seller in my area, and they call me every morning to ask me if I will permit them supply my order on credit!
Money spent since we started foundation = N188,000.00 + money brought foward N209,650.00.
N188,000.00 + N209,650.00 = N397,650.00, and the foundation still never finish? Na wao!
Who go borrow me money?,lollllz
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:43pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^^lol
well done bravo
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:44pm On Feb 28, 2011
brabus:

Has anyone seen this before! Make a lot of sense for those buying lands in marshy areas

I have heard about it from guys who build in swampy areas. Looks funny though.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 12:29am On Mar 01, 2011
@Spyder, Well done! Credit at this stage is not good o. I pray God will provide for you.

@Am Alone, you wan know the KOKO, ask Bargain Champion. He will tell you more!
Take time to visit your site more often, also visit other people's site. Ask questions. You will make new discoveries.

Au revoir!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by nin001: 2:33am On Mar 01, 2011
you guys have done well, and may God bless u all. what can 7 million naira build for me (bungalow or duplex? and how many rooms will i expect if i choose either one? pls help guys. i already have the land.kudos to all contributors.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 5:49am On Mar 01, 2011
@nin001,

Bungalow irrespective of your location but you could choose to have a penthouse if you like. I didn't say I'll finish a duplex for N4.5m but I said I've spent N4.5m up to level stage.
Let me make it clear, no one can finish a 5 bedroom duplex for anything less than N12 - N15m irrespective of location except the person is using substandard materials and unskilled labour.

I do tell my clients that Roofing stage is just 40% of the whole project. Inbox me bosun.davies@live.co.uk for some beautiful bungalow design but I love this 3D concept from Mahal (See pic below) or visit http://www.mahal-goldfingers..com/ for other beautiful designs.

I love nairaland!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by thirdeye(m): 5:53am On Mar 01, 2011
This is a very educative thread, I think it should be in the front page too.
You can use gravel to substitute granite in some areas, everybody will not build in lagos and there are solid and stable lands elsewhere that can accomodate gravel.
Prices will always vary with locations so there is no point fretting yourself if other spendings doesn't correspond with yours.
@nin001, 7m will build you a 4 bedroom bungallow. Depends on location and design too.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 6:03am On Mar 01, 2011
@Omion,
You may need to share your ebook with us on this thread. This is where we need it most. When we talk of rebranding Nigeria, it starts from here
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by nin001: 6:27am On Mar 01, 2011
thanks alot guys. brabus i will be emailing u soon. does it cost ridiculously much to add a pent house to a bungalow? i really donot know much about buildings. i know i love pictures of bungalows with penthouses, but what is a penthouse really? apart from the fact that it is higher than other parts of the house. does it need a stairway or its just built with higher ceiling. pls forgive my ignorance but i am learning alot here.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 6:35am On Mar 01, 2011
@nin001,
its time to go out, i'm very sorry i couldnt go into details. Just type your question into google search engine "What is Penthouse?" Penthouse do have staircase.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by nin001: 6:50am On Mar 01, 2011
@ brabus, i did google it b4 asking here. when you google it, all u get are discussions about penthouses as a full house as it is known in the western society(house on the highest floor of a high rise building). it is not discussed in terms of an attachment to a bungalow. if anyone can help i will appreciate it. i just got a land and i am reviewing information to help me determine what structure to go for.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Davedavy: 7:08am On Mar 01, 2011
Penthouse is a structure on the roof of a building. These structures do not occupy the entire roof deck,it usually takes up less than half of the roof.
in terms of bungalow,think of it as a bungalow with some part higher(i.e some parts have upstairs),you may decide to make your penthouse only one room,two rooms,one room and a living room etc. and yes there will be staircase linking the bungalow to the penthouse just like a duplex,so that when you are in some part of the bungalow(the part with penthouse) you feel you are in a duplex.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by nin001: 7:11am On Mar 01, 2011
@ Davydave. highly, highly appreciated. i guess its a great option if you cant afford 12m-15m for a duplex. thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 01, 2011
Well, Well when I got home last night, I talked with my wife and showed her the pictures of brabus project, she states that brabus might be correct considering that the house shown by brabus is a third the size of the hostel we are building. The hostel is sitting on about 85m x 25m. She concurs with brabus
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Elsafema: 8:50am On Mar 01, 2011
at least i don known my level with 80,000 per month as salary may God help me
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Davedavy: 9:47am On Mar 01, 2011
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Davedavy: 9:48am On Mar 01, 2011
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Davedavy: 9:50am On Mar 01, 2011
edited.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by salius: 12:35pm On Mar 01, 2011
Please does anybody know the cost of aluminium roofing sheets. Both long span and the tiles type.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by lastpage: 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2011
@Elsafema
at least i don known my level with 80,000 per month as salary may God help me
My friend, dont despair at all! YOU DONT KNOW YOUR LEVEL AT ALL but l will share "your level" with you now.

First , let me state that all the people building this 10M naira houses did not "win jackpot" grin Most labored hard and sweated hard!

Again, let me add that "Savings is not money you HAVE LEFT, after ALL expenses are met"! SAVINGS IS THE FIRST MONEY YOU PUT ASIDE BEFORE ANY EXPENSE IS SETTLED"! (I read that somewhere, am not exactly sure now, maybe What Rich  people Teach their kids that the poor dont)

Having said the above, l know peeps with wife and at least two kids, who live on a salary of 40K/month! Some "Teachers" still do! shocked
Their standard of living might be "comparably low" but at least, they cut their coat according to their cloth.

Now, imagine if you could "cut down" on ALL non-essential expenses and live like your salary was actually 40K/Month?
That means you will be having a savings of 40K/month!; almost half a million/year!
NOT EASY, REQUIRES EXTREME DISCIPLINE, might even imply postponing having more than one or two children (though income may/do rise as we progress in life sha)

THIS IS "YOUR LEVEL": Someone with half-a-million naira in savings within one year! How does that sound? Do you think you wont be able to join these "Landlords in less than 3-5years? YES, you would.

Again, you might just put the first 500K in a savings account (healthy bank pls) that yields 15%/annum and take it out to buy land after the second year! You can even arrange to pay for the land in "installments" - say 40K monthly! Land can still be bought for 500K at Ikorodu, in Lagos  wink

Now, Any form of Owambe (Naming, Burial, Age-grade), Aso-ebi, Beer-Parlor, Isi-Ewuu and "Aaristo activities", e.t.c must be off-limits for you grin grin
And avoid churches were the Pastor will love-vendor you of your money in the name of some "miracle jackpot" deliverance service! You will only end up loosing the little you have (,,,,,,,,,,and it shall be taken from those who do not have (the foolish ones), and given to those who have (the smart ones) grin shocked )

And you have to keep repeating and telling yurself that you will build a house, sleep it, dream it and live it. Remain focused.
Pray to God also, for "inner, spiritual strength" so that "unexpected expenses" will not remember your address grin
Its not a question of "if", it is a question of "when" you will come here and tell us about price of Cement, nails and Iron bender grin

I wish you luck and God's grace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Apollonio: 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2011
lastpage:

@Elsafema My friend, dont despair at all! YOU DONT KNOW YOUR LEVEL AT ALL but l will share "your level" with you now.

First , let me state that all the people building this 10M naira houses did not "win jackpot" grin Most labored hard and sweated hard!

Again, let me add that "Savings is not money you HAVE LEFT, after ALL expenses are met"! SAVINGS IS THE FIRST MONEY YOU PUT ASIDE BEFORE ANY EXPENSE IS SETTLED"! (I read that somewhere, am not exactly sure now, maybe What Rich  people Teach their kids that the poor dont)

Having said the above, l know peeps with wife and at least two kids, who live on a salary of 40K/month! Some "Teachers" still do! shocked
Their standard of living might be "comparably low" but at least, they cut their coat according to their cloth.

Now, imagine if you could "cut down" on ALL non-essential expenses and live like your salary was actually 40K/Month?
That means you will be having a savings of 40K/month!; almost half a million/year!
NOT EASY, REQUIRES EXTREME DISCIPLINE, might even imply postponing having more than one or two children (though income may/do rise as we progress in life sha)

THIS IS "YOUR LEVEL": Someone with half-a-million naira in savings within one year! How does that sound? Do you think you wont be able to join these "Landlords in less than 3-5years? YES, you would.

Again, you might just put the first 500K in a savings account (healthy bank pls) that yields 15%/annum and take it out to buy land after the second year! You can even arrange to pay for the land in "installments" - say 40K monthly! Land can still be bought for 500K at Ikorodu, in Lagos  wink

Now, Any form of Owambe (Naming, Burial, Age-grade), Aso-ebi, Beer-Parlor, Isi-Ewuu and "Aaristo activities", e.t.c must be off-limits for you grin grin
And avoid churches were the Pastor will love-vendor you of your money in the name of some "miracle jackpot" deliverance service! You will only end up loosing the little you have (,,,,,,,,,,and it shall be taken from those who do not have (the foolish ones), and given to those who have (the smart ones) grin shocked )

And you have to keep repeating and telling yurself that you will build a house, sleep it, dream it and live it. Remain focused.
Pray to God also, for "inner, spiritual strength" so that "unexpected expenses" will not remember your address grin
Its not a question of "if", it is a question of "when" you will come here and tell us about price of Cement, nails and Iron bender grin

Oga Lastpage open a church or a mosque and I will join.Lol.

The story above is my story and it dosn´t get any better.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Davedavy: 2:08pm On Mar 01, 2011
lastpage:

@Elsafema My friend, dont despair at all! YOU DONT KNOW YOUR LEVEL AT ALL but l will share "your level" with you now.

Good one,God bless you my bro!i am loving this thread more and more.I stay tuned smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by nin001: 3:00pm On Mar 01, 2011
@davedavy
thanks for the clarity. do u have an idea how much more difference is there in cost of 5 bedroom bungalow versus 4bedroom bungalow while the 5th room is a penthouse? those are beautiful structures by the way.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Davedavy: 3:12pm On Mar 01, 2011
nin001:

@davedavy
thanks for the clarity. do u have an idea how much more difference is there in cost of 5 bedroom bungalow versus 4bedroom bungalow while the 5th room is a penthouse? those are beautiful structures by the way.

Unfortunately i do not know the cost implication,but i am sure somebody will help out with that.we have enough professionals on this thread smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 01, 2011
@Lastpage you couldn't have said it better.

Let me add to what you just said and that once you lay down the first brick, you will start to have an aversion for those irrelevant things that take your money away such as new clothes, parties, weekend always etc

You will begin to start counting money in bricks, tiles, Wc's etc.

When we were building and I say to my husband lets go out for a meal, he will say to me "ehhhhnnnnn that is the cost of a box of tiles" "you know what let me cook you dinner instead of going out"  grin

We tightened our belt but as time goes on you just get used to it and the beauty of building is that you can build in phases and you don't have to cough it all up in one go. You can also  see what you are spending on & that gives you more incentive to carry on.

When we first got our land I proposed that we built a huge structure on it but I am glad that we took wise counsel and scaled it right down otherwise we will still be building a fancy fence  sad

Once you have a reasonably sized project, it doesn't consume you up and you look forward into putting every spare penny into it. What you don't want it is a white elephant that keeps on gulping funds but with no end in sight.

@Davedy what a coincidence, that three bed looks so much like our 3 bed chalet on page 3 of this thread.  smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2011
More pictures on hostel.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Elsafema: 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2011
@last page
you have just done a good job for me here , thanking uuuuuuuuu
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by DCGUY: 11:06pm On Mar 01, 2011
good job brabus and all contributors
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2011
The story,

i am contemplating on building either of the 2 nice building attached here,

1, the first picture is a detached house, i don`t like detached house,
i can tell the designer to cut off One of it and see how the single building look like.
This is my wife choice

My question
Any idea how much this would cost to get a nice building like this.

2, The second building is my choice but i am still contemplating on it because my wife prefer the First Building.

My question
Any idea how much it would cost to get this simple nice building.

N.B
I got the design here on NL Property section and i am in contact with the designer.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Elsafema: 11:58pm On Mar 01, 2011
@oyinbogoju let say 200m

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.