Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,323 members, 7,850,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:22 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409064 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:13pm On Mar 26, 2011
and finally,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kopell: 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2011
@ Am Anole
Check this out , like I said , you pay lees for sup startdad, pay more for the best
check this link http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Navigation?storeId=10051&categoryID=557605&langId=-1&catalogId=10053
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by egin(m): 2:21pm On Mar 26, 2011
Am Alone:

I took 700k today to buy 'ALL' my plumbing materials needed for 4 toilets
only 5k came back home with me!!!

I will upload some of the pictures of them right here
Because I have them in my house now!!!!

I know I have lost alot of money to this guys broda
But I understand, I came home with wc's that is worth that much!

Like for example
The master bedroom w/c cos me 80k(the set)
Excluding the tap which cost me and extra 25k

All the stuffs that were bough were original
NO FAKE NO CHINA!!!
uploading pic,

Bros, if i take car say I won drive come Lekki,
e go take me over 3hrs considering the traffic
from Ikorodu to Lekki!!
Prices of materials varies.
You know say lekki na biggest boys their area na
so e no easy to build there. Also know say your fence
go need to get pillars ooo(concrete pillars)
because there na water!!!(whether you sand fill or not, you still need it
except you love cracks/tear!!!)
Also, try this. go and meet some other set of those block molders
and tell them you need around 25,000 blocks and that you need the
best price. The price will really fall bro,
When orna gree price finish(check around o)
tell am to bring you the amount you need(maybe 3,000 or 1000 sef)
to check out him blocks. Guy from there u don get customer wey go
give you gud price oo
Can I have the name , address and tel # of the the company you bought these items from?
Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 3:53pm On Mar 26, 2011
this is the picture of the twyford that cost me 80k

olubuffett:

a friend that just did his bathfoom says he bought  his for 50k same twyford

Olubuffett, Below is the twyford I bought for 80k
Not the first picture above(that was for 30k)
Is this EXACTLY what your friend bought?
Any other person with the real price of this?

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 26, 2011
The same set but different brand of this twyford cost around $300 from LOWES in U.S. Infact, for N80,000 you will get a lot for your money if you can buy from U.S. Let me know if you are interested.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:35pm On Mar 26, 2011
All Thanz To D GOD Called Allah;Tank U4 Bringin Me 2 Dis Hour, My Soup Neva Sour,  Na U Dey Giv Me Raba, B4 I Later Hammar. U Be mY Lover, No mater D Weather. I Go 4eva FOlow your Orda's -- No Retrit No Surendar! Den Tel Timaya Wey Dey Hot Like Fire Make him lift your name Higha!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:57pm On Mar 26, 2011
payless:

The same set but different brand of this twyford cost around $300 from LOWES in U.S. Infact, for N80,000 you will get a lot for your money if you can buy from U.S. Let me know if you are interested.
olubuffett:

a friend that just did his bathfoom says he bought  his for 50k same twyford

One more thing I forgot to mention, the ENVY IS UK MADE not US or China!!!!
My Broda/sister, NOBODY go sell UK envy for you N50,000
and make you take note say ENVY get different grades made. But for this England one
Na no go area abeg!!! But if you doubt moi! Abeg use google.

Twyford, UK Envy 2008 (professional choice) WHITE
And as a matter of fact some of this same ENVY gon dey wey be over 430 GBP
now wey i search the 2008 Twyford Envy wey I buy, I dey see 324.01 GBP/Great Britain Pounds(N67,251.08 excluding Vat. And with vat 80,703.79 NGN though both will be free delivery)

So when some people they talk about same envy $300/N50,000
You fit to won start to dey think say grade pass grade sha!!!

http://www.homesupply.co.uk/twyford_envy_close_coupled_wc_suite=NV1148WH-NV2671WH.htm

PEACE@UALL!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:31pm On Mar 26, 2011
This is my updated cost bros

OVERALL TOTAL MONEY SPEND ON CONSTRUCTION TODAY IS NOW --- N3,623,200(and the roofing is not even finished yet!)

My total cost is estimated to 700k for ALL the plumbing materials
including all the pipes, four water heater(10litre each)
2 face washing hand basin, 4 set of WC, 1 Jacuzzi , 2 bath tub,
35 pieces of 3mm pipe(1650 and I bough 35. The fake one goes for 800 naira or so)
and more pipes, 3 mirros(original mirror with lighting system).
8 set of mixer, 3 set toilet roll holder, soap holder, 3 towel holder, Gum,
elbow(both big and small) And so much more, for my bathroom, that I won't have to
buy another thing for 4 badroom/toilet

So far Net Total Is Now ---- N4,323,200 Naira
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by olubuffett: 9:53pm On Mar 26, 2011
Am Alone:

One more thing I forgot to mention, the ENVY IS UK MADE not US or China!!!!
My Broda/sister, NOBODY go sell UK envy for you N50,000
and make you take note say ENVY get different grades made. But for this England one
Na no go area abeg!!! But if you doubt moi! Abeg use google.

Twyford, UK Envy 2008 (professional choice) WHITE
And as a matter of fact some of this same ENVY gon dey wey be over 430 GBP
now wey i search the 2008 Twyford Envy wey I buy, I dey see 324.01 GBP/Great Britain Pounds(N67,251.08 excluding Vat. And with vat 80,703.79 NGN though both will be free delivery)

So when some people they talk about same envy $300/N50,000
You fit to won start to dey think say grade pass grade sha!!!

http://www.homesupply.co.uk/twyford_envy_close_coupled_wc_suite=NV1148WH-NV2671WH.htm

PEACE@UALL!!!

Of course its made in uk he should know he use to leave in uk,  he bought 6,the price you saw was online price when you go to shop and buy different things u canalways bagain if they don't like it walk away someone else will sell it cheaper, if u buy ur bath and spa pool there am sure they will bring the price down
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2011
I forgot to mention that I went to buy A/C pipes for my conduit a/c piping today
and because I have 7 a/c for the house, The total was 88,620(including transport
and workmanship for the a/c man which is 55,000 to do the conduit of a/c and to
come and install the A/C when the house is finished. And also includes my conduit
gas cooker pipe for the passage of gas, because I want to have my cylinder outside
my house! Instead of pipe for the passage of the gas, I used copper. I was informed
it is way better. So the copper goes for 4 for the roll. then I bough an extra 5 yard
hose. Which I will use to connect the cylinder to the copper and the copper to the gass
coker!)
Also, plumber fee for the 4 toilets(including gate man's toilet) is 50k
This money includes the piping and the finishing of all the plumbing works!
Add this to the last total and you will get: N4,461,820 AS THE TOTAL MONEY SPENT SO FAR!!!!!

My Next Moves,
The bricklayer will be coming to work on Monday or Tuesday. He will be coming to plaster and dress that concrete design
and the best price I could get for the job is 25k!
  Also, I will be buying 100 bags of cement on Monday(the price is around N2,100 or so per bag here in Lagos!!! But I will update you
after I buy!!!).
Also, this week, I plan to go and buy ALL the doors for the house. and all the 7 a/c for the house. I will be buying this original imported doors
for all the house and it would cost me around 500k for all the doors alone and the A/c may cost me 400k or less!!!
For the doors, I have three  4 feet doors, and the original one goes for 80 to 150k per 4 feet door. The china one goes for 38k(for the high quality china one o!!!)
Then for the 3 feet door. The china one goes of 18k. But for the original one, I have no idea now!!!
When I get to the market and when I finish buying them, I will let you know!!!
 And lastly, the carpenters took some two days break(Thursday and Friday) and the resumed work today with the noggins. They have finished the noggins of the sitting room and 2 bedroom. They were three that worked there today. And they will resume on Monday. Also, I will have to buy some more woods for the noggins. But not very much sha I promise you! AND BY THE GRACE OF GOD ALMIGHTY, I WILL GO TO THE COMPANY THAT WILL FIX THE ROOFING SHEET FOR ME TO COME AND TAKE THEIR MEASUREMENTS. AN ESTIMATE OF THE ROOFING SHEET ALONE IS AROUND A MILLION. maybe less
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:01pm On Mar 26, 2011
olubuffett:

Of course its made in uk he should know he use to leave in uk,  he bought 6,the price you saw was online price when you go to shop and buy different things u canalways bagain if they don't like it walk away someone else will sell it cheaper, if u buy your bath and spa pool there am sure they will bring the price down

You are right Olubuffett
Anyways, I bought mine here in Naija!!! for that price
and I believe price varies!!!! Also, buying in bulk is always a gud idea wink
I did be glad if I could had got it cheaper
but I did be sad if was not really what I wanted!
Whenever I look at it, this one I bought.
It looks impossible to get for 50k -- true talk!!!
Peace!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by olubuffett: 10:32pm On Mar 26, 2011
The good thing is they are durable and will last longer, make sure the plumber do a good job with the flushing system and test two button for a while. Happy buildngi
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jennifer74(f): 11:04pm On Mar 26, 2011
I'm loving this!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 7:00am On Mar 27, 2011
Great threading, keep up the good job guys!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by khalids: 8:16am On Mar 27, 2011
Great job guys, this will really assist a lot of us who intend to build houses of our own. I pray that God will continue to give you guys the grace and resources to continue in your various projects. AMEN
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:25am On Mar 27, 2011
@ Am Alone, I love the way you spend this money, Chai! If you gat it, flaunt it. You obviously love quality and have the means to obtain it. Well done, just look for the best and enjoy the purchase, price is of no essence, you peace of mind, contentment and satisfaction in your fittings should take priority.
However, people like me will think twice before buying Twyford for 80k, its a matter of choice sha. There are toilet seats that sell for N4500 and people still shait with it for the whole life cycle of the house. On a funny note, if poo poo hold you baaaad, and you rush into a public toilet, do you start inspecting the labels or do your business and walk out?
But its all good, happy usage.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by sonety2k(m): 12:07pm On Mar 27, 2011
cool
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by olubuffett: 12:27pm On Mar 27, 2011
Spyyder
I beg buy good quality for your bathroom, a bathroom should worth spending time in
All so get a good. Tiler and plumer to do a great job, no just do poo and run out because u no fit stand the place.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by eros(m): 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2011
Thank you spyder880, Am Alone, Brabus, and the other contributors to this wonderful thread. This is just perfect timing for me and i have had to save alot of the posts on costs of buying building materials and noted other expenses.

When i begin my project, i will definitely post step by step progress from site.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 4:49pm On Mar 27, 2011
spyder880:

@ Am Alone, I love the way you spend this money, Chai! If you gat it, flaunt it. You obviously love quality and have the means to obtain it. Well done, just look for the best and enjoy the purchase, price is of no essence, you peace of mind, contentment and satisfaction in your fittings should take priority.
However, people like me will think twice before buying Twyford for 80k, its a matter of choice sha. There are toilet seats that sell for N4500 and people still shait with it for the whole life cycle of the house. On a funny note, if poo poo hold you baaaad, and you rush into a public toilet, do you start inspecting the labels or do your business and walk out?
olubuffett:

Spyyder
I beg buy good quality for your  bathroom,  a bathroom should worth spending time in
All so get a good. Tiler and plumer to do a great job, no just do poo and run out because u no fit stand the place.

Am Alone, Chop Your Life! Nuffin do you, I don't have a problem with it! I do think if you are rich enough to buy Twyford of N80kfor your house, you also need to do stuffs for the community you live! In my own case, I grade the road, did the drainage, donate 5 concrete pole and sink well for the community. N80k WC would not matter if the road to your house is an eye sore or your next door neighbour dey throw shot put.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by eros(m): 6:01pm On Mar 27, 2011
brabus:

Am Alone, Chop Your Life! Nuffin do you, I don't have a problem with it! I do think if you are rich enough to buy Twyford of N80kfor your house, you also need to do stuffs for the community you live! In my own case, I grade the road, did the drainage, donate 5 concrete pole and sink well for the community. N80k WC would not matter if the road to your house is an eye sore or your next door neighbour dey throw shot put.

You are truly someone with a great and kind heart. This is something everyone and anyone who owns a house should do for the community he/she lives in. That is if these basic amenities are not already in place.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:31pm On Mar 27, 2011
brabus:

Bros, I get mind like you if it occur to me oo!
You remember wetin bible teach us sha? Incase you forget,
Remove the peck in your eyes so that you can see clearly to
pick the stick in your brothers eyes!
WC no WC that 1 na my business!!! Anyways, goverment just help us level
our road some few weeks back. And besides, the road to my house long die
if I say i won begin repair am bros. All that money wey u see so no go reach moi
do anything!!!!
And make you know say WC 80K is not the most expensive WC in the whole wide world
I no no why 80k dey make so much waves here!!!!
I THANK GOD FOR MY LIFE
ONCE I FINISH THIS HOUSE
I PROMISE TO DONATED SOME THING FOR MY COMMUNITY LIKE YOU BRABUS
GOD YOU ARE TOO MUCH OOO!!!! SO I WILL KEEP CALLING YOU; OLUWA CHAMPION!!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:37pm On Mar 27, 2011
spyder880:

Bros WC N4,500 na fake and I no go advice you or anybody to use them. Them dey break. No be say them must break o
but them go break with time. Guy the danger of it breaking while somebody is sitting or fall on it is always very critical.
Ask any gud plumber!!!! And also make you know say Toilet don pass that levels wey besay you go just put anything there
because of say u dey go there just only to dump sh_i_t!!!
Most of the times wey my girl dey come around, she go fit dey inside toilet make i go meet her. Or she dey bath make i just go sit down there
and we go begin dey jist. I like toilet wey go be like my second sitting room to me bros.
AND I LIKE MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND SAY I NO GO MARKET GO BUY EXPENSIVE THINGS
I GO MARKET GO BUY ORIGINAL THINGS!!! JUST THAT ORIGINAL THINGS ARE ALWAYS EXPENSIVE!!!!
NO lele!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2011
olubuffett:

Spyyder
I beg buy good quality for your bathroom, a bathroom should worth spending time in

Gurl/Guy, I really gbadu your style and swagga!!! I really like the way you think
You are a person with style, class and taste.
One thing wey dey pain me about all this fake things na the way wey them take they depreciate,
you go buy and buy them again. But one original go last you enternity(if not more, )
For example, I remembered entering a friendz house whose sitting room was painted for 300k(only the sitting room o)
and its being five years since it was painted, and the paint still look like 'YESTERDAY'
PEACE!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by greenlilly(m): 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2011
Hello everybody! I must confess, you all are doing a wonderful job on this forum.Pls. keep it up. @brabus@spyder@am alone you guys are outstanding.I am planning to start a 5 bedroom duplex with a gym,study,laundry on a 80ft by 40ft piece of land at Fagba area agege your input will be highly appreciated.I will post my house plan for all to see and contribute. Thank you all and God bless.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2011
@ ALL, my capenter just called some minits ago
that I still need to buy 130 piece of 2 by 2 woods
for the noggins. They have done the noggins for my
sitting room and 2 extra rooms, and I still have some
few woods left! I will be having pop on every part of the house
so they are doing the noggins 2ft by 2ft(maybe that is why I am using so much woods)
So tomorrow, BY THE GRACE OF GOD i will go and buy the woods.
so that they can just finish their own job once and for all.
That will make it a total of 1,130 pieces of woods used(though I still have some few woods
extra that will not be used again. but they are less than 20)
OLUWA CHAMPION[color=#550000][/color]
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by olubuffett: 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2011
Am Alone:

Gurl/Guy, I really gbadu your style and swagga!!! I really like the way you think
You are a person with style, class and taste.
One thing wey dey pain me about all this fake things na the way wey them take they depreciate,
you go buy and buy them again. But one original go last you enternity(if not more, )
For example, I remembered entering a friendz house whose sitting room was painted for 300k(only the sitting room o)
and its being five years since it was painted, and the paint still look like 'YESTERDAY'
PEACE!!!!

The English man says his house is his castle,  when building its very important to buy quality even if you get it cheap or not, you can buy a car now
if you don't like it you can sell in six month, but with a house you put sweat and money you can't do that.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2011
I forgot to inform you as well
Please if you are buying any bath tub, Try to buy the one's made of fibre
I advice everyone; DO NOT Buy the one's
made with iron! Because of Electrical leakage
O CRITICAL O!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 9:56pm On Mar 27, 2011
@Am Alone, this should give the idea about my style and taste. All bought in UK.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:01pm On Mar 27, 2011
@ Brabus LOL

Funny you! I no understand those thing oo
Also, moi no dey to challenge anybody ooo
I just dey do for mysef wetin I don get for mind
even before I buy the land! UK or NO UK no mean
anything to me. And as a matter of fact, I have a brother
there, and another in Germany and a niece(neice wey old pass me sha) in Germany too.
I fit ask them to buy me just anything and send to me, all in the name of imported
But i believe say, I get to choose for mysef that is why I go myself. And mind you
all those thing I buy no one be NAIJA!!!(though I buy am for naija here) hahahaha
BRABUS YOU TOO MUCH SHA
I REALLY DEY GBADU YOUR STYLE
RIGHT FROM OUR DAY ONE!!!
2MUCH BRODER
ABEG POST US YOUR ROOF NA??
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:11pm On Mar 27, 2011
Brabus, If that na switch its nice
U ARE MUCH

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.