Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,283 members, 7,849,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:41 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409061 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2011
BROSES, The bricklayer don start to dey plaster the gutter roof design thing
and the thing dey take time gon
because of the shape!
Unlike normal wall, E get design wey them need to do with time ni

He is doing it for 25k!!
PEACE!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by nosmas: 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2011
[/quot
Am Alone:

Man it was an architect that did it for me and he charged 160k
its being 3 months and am yet to get it!!!!(though he asked me
to follow him to town planning to collect it, but I refused, because
I don't want to spend any extra money).
So I am yet to get it!!! Do you still want his contact?
Your email then.
e]
thanks bro. this is my mail
delesamson1st@yahoo.com
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 4:45pm On Mar 29, 2011
Am Alone:

BROSES, The bricklayer don start to dey plaster the gutter roof design thing
and the thing dey take time gon
because of the shape!
Unlike normal wall, E get design wey them need to do with time ni

He is doing it for 25k!!
PEACE!!!

Looking forward to see the pix oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:01pm On Mar 29, 2011
^^^ no wahala brotherly
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:14pm On Mar 29, 2011
here we go again,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2011
slash it up grin,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:20pm On Mar 29, 2011
abi dem add am fertilizer? grin grin,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2011
una well done o grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:30pm On Mar 29, 2011
I have no symbol to symbolize my symbolical symbolism grin cheesy grin cheesy wink grin grin grin grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:35pm On Mar 29, 2011
Nice pics
keep them comin
, I mean more : cheesy wink smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:38pm On Mar 29, 2011
You have to be special, so as to specialize, in the specialization of your specialties grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2011
nosmas:

thanks bro. this is my mail
delesamson1st@yahoo.com

Bros you've got mail!!!
If you can't find it in your inbox
try checking your spam folder
PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ADEBYTE: 6:34pm On Mar 29, 2011
Am alone.love your thread so far.just want to enquire about roofing a property.i have actually been given a qoute to buy some woods in various sizes but referring to what u did by buying complete wood and cutting them which i guess eventually paid off.i want to know if i can actually do the same thing.i already spoke to the carpenter but he insisted that i buy the sizes he requested for like 2 by 2, 2by 3, 1 by 12 and so on.i will appreciate if u can send some information to me at biyiade2@yahoo.com on some contacts like ur carpenter and contact of where u bought ur woods.

thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:06pm On Mar 29, 2011
@ ADEBYTE

Give the kudos to Spyder!!!
Let me explain some things to you here.
I will send it to your email as well.

Buying the woods, and cutting it is good and at same time not good.
I will explain to you so that you can choose what you want.
I bought and cut 44 pieces of 2 by 6 to 2 by 2 and lost 10 naira per pieces
The total woods that came out of them was 132 piece and I lost 450 naira for that
But the advantage is higher!!!

For example, 1 piece of 2 by 2 sells for around 250(that is the price I got for Akun.)
Please use Akun! It is one of the best woods to use I can assure you!!! No carpenter
that wants to do your roof for you will tell you this because it is very difficult to drive
nails through it. It is very hard and very long lasting.
The advantage of buying a full wood and cutting it yourself is that; if you buy in pieces,
you will really loose more money! Though you may not know it, but you will. The money
you will loose will be when you buy 2 by 2 as 2 by 3.
How?
The people that sells the wood have a way of maximizing their profit with YOUR OWN WOOD
and you will not. For example, 2 by 6(inches) wood, can be divided into 3 pieces of 2 by 2. As in,
divide the 6 by 2 = three. But what they will do is that, they will cut some of the 2 by 6 into 4 pieces
and as a result, the 2 by 2 wood will be very very small(not up to 2 by 2). And that is how you will
see it everywhere in the sawmill, because that is what they all do. But if you buy the 2 by 6, you are
sure to get a full wood, which is always stronger and better.
    Furthermore, if you understand the trade very well, you can do what they are doing for yourself. By cutting some of the big
2 by 6 woods into 4 pieces, or into 3 pieces, and have one of them bigger than the other 2 and call the bigger one 2 by 3 and the
other two, 2 by 2. And again, you can cut some big 2 by 6 into 2 pieces as 2 by 4 and 2 by 3.
    I saw all this with my own eyes and I no go lie, I no fit buy wood wey them don cut down again. Except I am buying in a very small
quantity.
Also, please note that the carpenters, have no business with whether you cut woods or not. Don't just go to any sawmill and let them pack
some useless woods for you. Like the woman that sold my wood for me, was introduced to me by my lawyer. She and my lawyer were very
close friend. Maybe that was why she was a bit honest with me. She took me to where she stores her woods, and I selected the woods my self.
(i need to select the woods because of the kind of roofing I am using. All the woods has to be as straight as ruler. So I made sure I select
big, straight and Akun woods).I went there with my carpenter to identify the wood they call Akun.
    Also, those carpenters can plan with the wood seller behind you, to remove certain amount of woods.
Can you believe that my carpenter tried that with me?! The woman called me and told me that the carpenter ask her to remove a total of 100 woods
BROSES, I counted all my woods by myself. Expecially when they were loading it! As the motor the do pin, I dey pan!
I give them close marking. I follow the motor, shout, curse, and i nearly swear gon!!! Everybody their na thief.
And atlast, i carry more than the woods wey I buy come house. After everything, from around 9:30am
we reach house around to 8:00pm. One naira, I no even give the carpenter!!!
I will send you the contact of my carpenter & the woman that sells the wood but you have to ask again!!!(abeg the carpenter na thief ooo. So SHINE YOUR EYES!!!)
But their work is MAGNIFICENT!!!!!

I donesend all this mesages to your email.
Also, tell me where your area!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:46pm On Mar 29, 2011
ADEBYTE:

Am alone.love your thread so far.just want to enquire about roofing a property.i have actually been given a qoute to buy some woods in various sizes but referring to what u did by buying complete wood and cutting them which i guess eventually paid off.i want to know if i can actually do the same thing.i already spoke to the carpenter but he insisted that i buy the sizes he requested for like 2 by 2, 2by 3, 1 by 12 and so on.i will appreciate if u can send some information to me at biyiade2@yahoo.com on some contacts like your carpenter and contact of where u bought your woods.

thanks

check ur mail
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ADEBYTE: 12:21am On Mar 30, 2011
Am Alone.

Thanks very much and the content of ur mail was well digested and appreciated.I will be very glad to receive the contactsa as promised.Also ,pls how much does each 2 by 6 cost.With that i can calculate how much and how many i needed to buy.

Thanks once again and God bless u.Also pls kindly enlighten me on the wood for the door and window frames,

Thanks once again
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by fanky: 4:43am On Mar 30, 2011
I want to commend you all for the good work you are doing here. I live outside and have a project at hand at Awka and it has gotten to the roofing level but the quotation the company gave me for the step tiles aluminium was outrageous just like Am Alone complained thus:

Long span Roofing Sheet .45 = 430.8 mtrs at 1250 naira =538,500
Outside ceiling/cladding sheets 208mtrs at 1250 naira = 260,000
flashes= 134 mtrs at 1250 naira =167,500
Accessories 12,000 naira
Installation = 60.000 naira
Transportation = 8,000
Grand total = 1, 046,000 one million forty six thousand

Please I appreciate if anyone should help me wt another contractor and the house is 6 bedroom duplex wt pent house. I 'll post the picture later
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:24am On Mar 30, 2011
ADEBYTE:

Am Alone.

Thanks very much and the content of your mail was well digested and appreciated.I will be very glad to receive the contactsa as promised.Also ,pls how much does each 2 by 6 cost.With that i can calculate how much and how many i needed to buy.

Thanks once again and God bless u.Also pls kindly enlighten me on the wood for the door and window frames,

Thanks once again

Check your mail again
No wahala
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:27am On Mar 30, 2011
fanky:

I want to commend you all for the good work you are doing here. I live outside and have a project at hand at Awka and it has gotten to the roofing level but the quotation the company gave me for the step tiles aluminium was outrageous just like Am Alone complained thus:

Long span Roofing Sheet .45 = 430.8 mtrs at 1250 naira =538,500
Outside ceiling/cladding sheets 208mtrs at 1250 naira = 260,000
flashes= 134 mtrs at 1250 naira =167,500
Accessories 12,000 naira
Installation = 60.000 naira
Transportation = 8,000
Grand total = 1, 046,000 one million forty six thousand

Please I appreciate if anyone should help me wt another contractor and the house is 6 bedroom duplex wt pent house. I 'll post the picture later

The first thing you will need to do is to get someone else to check/calculate the total square meters of your roof.
Since you have got the price of the roofing sheet.  Once you have done that, you can know how to follow those people up
PEACE!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by nosmas: 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
Am Alone:

Bros you've got mail!!!
If you can't find it in your inbox
try checking your spam folder
PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
I got it. thank a bunch. more grace to your bossom.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by egin(m): 3:49pm On Mar 30, 2011
Am Alone:

check your mail
@ Am Alone   
Can  I have the name , address and tel # of the the company you bought the twyford stuff from?
My e-mail is folajimi@verizon.net
Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 4:13pm On Mar 30, 2011
egin:

@ Am Alone   
Can  I have the name , address and tel # of the the company you bought the twyford stuff from?
My e-mail is folajimi@verizon.net
Thanks

Bros the company is in Nigeria
And your location says USA
No wahala sha
CHeck your email for his number & name
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Demainman1: 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2011
@All, How does one know that what he is buying in nigeria is the ORIGINAL? I hear say China fit manufacture finish(exact copy) put am made in UK/USA etc. Like those TWYFORD toilets.

Do I just say that because the cost is high therefore it is the ORIGINAL? Please enlighten me as i am attempted to buy all my electrical/plumbing stuffs from abroad.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by fanky: 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2011
Yes the house is 430. 8 metres and I 'll appreciate if anybody should help me with a contact number of an alluminium guy in Awka or in the East as the roofing has been completed.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by fanky: 5:43pm On Mar 30, 2011
Yes the house is 430. 8 metres and I 'll appreciate if anybody could help with an alluminium guy's contact in Awka or in the East as the roofing has been completed. fabmeks@yahoo.ie
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2011
The Bricklayer/Mason is far more slow with the job than i expect.
The dressing of the design is not a 7 days work as I have calculated previously.
And I need just one bricklayer to do it, because I want every part of the design
to look alike!!! And I must confess that the bricklayer's job is near 'perfect' He is doing
a very good, smooth and perfect job. And as a matter of fact, the bricklayer
is the one delaying the whole thing. I can't fix the roof now, because if I do that before
the plastering of the design, when the bricklayer start plastering the design(which is very close to the roof),
the cement will stain the roof which will not be nice. So I will have to be patient, and let theprofessional Mason
finish his job,

P.s. The house doesn't look much different from what it was before, so there isn't
really any need to post the pictures. But Unfailingly, I will post some pictures
soon as they start the roofing!!!
PEACE!!!!
OLUWA CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:28pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ All
Like I promised I will bring somebody to come and calculate the total square meter of my roof
BROSES, The man I was expecting didn't show up, So I had to do it myself. I just measure the
number of ridges I will be needing, and I got a total of 45 pieces ridges for my house @ 2meter
long each. As against those company that told me 94 ridges @ 1.45meter each.
The manager has agreed to 2meter each, so I will need around 45 ridges.
So Today, I  want to go to bed but just felt like I should just calculate the total square meter of my house roof
with my little experience. Though I increased some of the numbers before I added them, And I
got a total of 459.3m2. And the company gave me theirs as 432 square meters. So I think, I am the
one that was wrong. That means my roof is around 435 square meters!!!!!
No probs! Just thought I should let you know!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mikedeoye(m): 8:11am On Mar 31, 2011
@ Am Alone

Kindly help me as well with the name and location of the store you bought your Toiletary and Plumbing wares . my email: mikedeoye@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:28am On Mar 31, 2011
Expenses update, we are now doing the woodwork for the lintels and an additional N50,710 was spent to pay for labour and materials, all bringing the total spent so far to around N879,200.00.
Maybe I can round off the whole lintel works today and paste pictures. The whole money spent to this stage before the decking of the house may total to N900+k, am sure we cannot get to N1m naira before the decking.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by eros(m): 9:33am On Mar 31, 2011
spyder880:

Expenses update, we are now doing the woodwork for the lintels and an additional N50,710 was spent to pay for labour and materials, all bringing the total spent so far to around N879,200.00.
Maybe I can round off the whole lintel works today and paste pictures. The whole money spent to this stage before the decking of the house may total to N900+k, am sure we cannot get to N1m naira before the decking.

You shouldn't get to 1 million naira talking from experience. If you see the picture i posted, that is the decking level and i spent about N950,000.00 to get to that level.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:52am On Mar 31, 2011
eros:

You shouldn't get to 1 million naira talking from experience. If you see the picture i posted, that is the decking level and i spent about N950,000.00 to get to that level.

Very true, you know I budgeted a million for this stage, another million for the decking and another 1.5 for upper level and roofing stage. This money does not include any interior decor or fittings.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:13am On Mar 31, 2011
eros:

Very true, you know I budgeted a million for this stage, another million for the decking and another 1.5 for upper level and roofing stage. This money does not include any interior decor or fittings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.