Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,107 members, 7,849,453 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:53 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409043 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by egin(m): 3:06am On Apr 03, 2011
2dmax:

do get your best quotes for electrical wires and cables via maxndianaefo@yahoo.com and stop being ripped off by our local electricians. Also get to learn the tricks and ways of the trade, and get to buy the best by reading up builders and developers wise up! Thread at the property section!

Can you just post the link here for the builders wise up? The one you posted above is not opening up.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 03, 2011
Thanks all for this wonderful thread

@Spyder880

Please, from your experience in Enugu. How much do you think will complete the classic one block of 4 nos 3 bdrm flats in Enugu?
The finishing will just be average for comfort, no extravagance. Aluminium roof, perimeter fence too.

Also can you give me the idea of the cost of a plot of land  in an area of Enugu, where the rent for such flats is at least 250K per annum?

Thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 03, 2011
[b]I posted this on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-629493.0.html#msg8042230
I suppose it could help

[b]
moneyluv:

I just bought a plot of land in osapa and unfortunately its a swampy land. looking to build a block of six flats and my builder just gave me a quotation of 9 million naira for the foundation and german floor of 5 planks. this i feel is on the high side.

8 t0n of 16mm
10 ton of 12mm
6 ton of 8mm
8 trip of 30 ton gravel
500 bags og cement
800 12x2 wood
800 of another kind of wood

You didnt do something right here: you didnt tell us exactly what you want to build. If its skyscrapper or just a 5 or 6 bedroom duplex.
But if it is a 6 bedroom duplex, I would say your builder wants to build an extra home from this job. Haba!
But seriously, if he buys all this, he wont be spending up to 4 mil at most. And 500 bags of cememt? His he building a bridge?

But candidly, building on swampy can drive you nuts, especially if you are not a builder, and have no initial idea of its cost-implications.
I will compare this with a job I just handled at a part of Omiwole, Ogun State, The area was a former canal, and the filling alone cost about #400,000, partly because we had to use hardcore after using laterite for the sub-base. And we had to erect and bridge for us to access the land. We used x2 of everything from materials to labor. The below is a little cost estimation for the six bedroom:

Bridge Creation:
---------------------------------------------------
Materials:
Woods (Hard Wood):   
1x12:                             40 pcs *#900  = #36,000
2x3                                 25 pcs *#900 = #22,500
4 inch nails:                   1 bag   *#6000=#6,000
3 inch nails:                   1 bag   *#5000=#5000
Total:  Plus Labor = #100,000

Base Creation & Raft Foundation (2 ft sub-base/ 4ft raft) :
Excavation and clearing of site for ground base (Please note: It will be mechnanical clearing if you have bamboo and plenty trees but manual if its just bushes)
Digging of 2 ft for firm base. Building of 1ft wooden base framework. Filling with concrete alone. Then pegging and raft foundation outline plus carpentry, rebar (iron-bending), as well renting of roller and getting labor for foundation.

Materials:
Woods (White Wood):       
1x12                                   300 pcs  @#700 per 1   #210,000
2x3                                     300 pcs  @#900 per 1   #270,000
4 inch nails                         5 bags    @#6000          #30,000
3 inch nails                         2 bags    @#5000         #10,000
Binding wires                     10 dozens      @1000 per 1  #10,000   
Membrane nylon                100 yrds   @500 per yrd      #5000

Rebar:
16mm                                10 tonnes      @120,000              #1,200,000
12mm                                5 tonnes        @100,000              #500,000
10mm                                2 tonnes        @#80,000              #160,000

Concrete Work:                                 
Granite                              10 trucks      @#120,000             #1,200,000     
Sharp Sand (10 tonnes)    10 trucks      @#50,000               #500,000
Cement (Dangote Only)    150 bags      @#2500                  #375,000

Labor:                                                                                    #1,000,000
Supervision & Admin:                                                             #500,000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total:                                                      ##5,970,000
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pls: quote does not include laterite (filling) which is always inestimable and always require presence of home owner when done.

this is for 2 units of 6 bedroom duplex in an extremely swampy area, far worse than osapa. this quote might apply if you are building a duplex, its irrelevant if you are aiming for 3 or 4 storey.

You can reach me: Engr. Adeyemi Tunde: 08036685576
www.aasog.com
[/b][/b]
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:51am On Apr 03, 2011
For those who love pictures,

Peace!!!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:53am On Apr 03, 2011
lastli

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:56am On Apr 03, 2011
The bricklayer is kind of slow
so I am still waiting for him to
be through with the little plastering
so we can start the roof!!!
Take care!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:30pm On Apr 03, 2011
KenGali:

@Spyder880

Please, from your experience in Enugu. How much do you think will complete the classic one block of 4 nos 3 bdrm flats in Enugu?
The finishing will just be average for comfort, no extravagance. Aluminium roof, perimeter fence too.

Also can you give me the idea of the cost of a plot of land  in an area of Enugu, where the rent for such flats is at least 250K per annum?

Thanks.
KenGali:

@Spyder880

Thanks.

I think 16 million naira can finish that type of house to painting level. The breakdown is as follows;

Cost of land, fence, gate and settlement of agents and govt officials with drawing and approval of plans = N5,5m
Foundation and all casting + rods till german floor. = N1m
Blockwork, pillars and lintels N1m
Decking (woods, stone, sand, rods, bamboo, workmanship) N1.5m
Upper level blockwork till lintels and skaffolding N1m
Roofing with aluminium sheets and ceiling = N1.5m
Interior finishing with tiles, (for toilets, bathrooms and kitchens) all plastering works, toiletries, electricals, plumbing, protectors, doors and aluminium/glass windows, flooring and kitchen fittings and all paintings with some fancy pillars (you'll love this). = N4.5m
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2011
Thanks a lot for the information.
Am considering sourcing a mortgage loan for the investment.

Please which area in Enugu do you have in mind for the land price you stated, and whats the going rate for renting 3bdrm flat in the area.

Also is there any place in Enugu where rent for a flat is upto 300k-400k per annum?

Thanks a lot.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:18pm On Apr 03, 2011
The Carpenters never finish my roofing noggins oo
Them dey come work tomorrow sha
and them promise to finish am by next tomorrow!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 9:20pm On Apr 03, 2011
KenGali:

Thanks a lot for the information.
Am considering sourcing a mortgage loan for the investment.

Please which area in Enugu do you have in mind for the land price you stated, and whats the going rate for renting 3bdrm flat in the area.

Also is there any place in Enugu where rent for a flat is upto 300k-400k per annum?

Thanks a lot.

The lands I talked about are located in Achara Layout, New GRA of Trans Ekulu, Abakpa area Idaw river and Garriki area. The area that rent for above N350k per flat are located within Independence layout, New haven and Old GRA and cost of land in that area ranges between N10-15 million.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 2:25am On Apr 04, 2011
Am Alone:

For those who love pictures,

Peace!!!

Thanks for the pix, i am surely gonna steal this design and make some little changes to it
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mikedeoye(m): 8:24am On Apr 04, 2011
@ Am Alone,

I like your approach to negotiations which i think has worked very well for you. I really like you as well for your eye for quality. I must confess that the concreating dressing you are doing for 25k would have cost above 50k in some areas in Lagos given the details that the dressing requires.

The truth of the matter is that i wont mind leveraging on your negotiating skills that have resulted in some very good prices for some services delivered to you by your vendors. Having said this, Can you please you give me the contacts details of the Welder guy that is going to work on your Burlgary for the windows. If possible as well, can you post a picture of the Bulgary model for me and us to see. I'm about to construct my Burgalry for the windows and i think your Bargained price looks reasonable (nothwithstading that is customised) . My challenge is that i have left my Builder to do most of the negotiations (for Brickworks, plastering, plumbing etc) for me up to the roofing stage and i'm now just finding out through this thread that some of the things/prices were inflated even though my project is bigger 4 Bed room Burgalow compared to yours and for the other reason of the location (Ibeju Lekki) where prices of labour and materials are higher.

I have decided to directly engage the vendors myself now for all the finishing works so that i can get the best prices now more so that i'm over on my budget. I will appreciate if u can send to my email addy( mikedeoye@gmail.com) the contacts details for welder guy (very important pls!) and the sample Burlgary pic for my action. Pls dont forget to give the details of where u intend to Buy your Security doors as well.

Thanks to all the Thread contributors for the good works so far.

Cheers!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mikedeoye(m): 9:08am On Apr 04, 2011
A quick question to the house,

Can anyone kindly recommend a tested and known installer of UPVC Ceiling sheets. I need competitive quotes from very good installers. I'm looking at a coverage area of about 325 meter square. I will confirm the actual area later. I intend using the Amoula UPVC sheets.

Thank you.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:32pm On Apr 04, 2011
@ Mikedeoye,

Thanks for those compliments! So many people here thinks I am not doing well with my negotiations. But at least, you are building in Lagos, and you know what the cost of labour and materials are saying here in Lagos. I am doing my best and at the same time I want the best. One thing I like you to know or understand is that; my number one piority is QUALITY/PERFECTION!!!! If you take a good look at the plastering of the design done by the bricklayer, I'm sure you will see for yourself what I meant.
  The Bricklayer is not through the the plastering of the of the design, and from the look of things, he will be through by next week! After that, I will proceed immediately with the roofing sheet. Then I can go and buy the doors. Please lets leave the security doors till I buy them. I don't want to mislead you/anyone. Before, I buy any of those security door,I will have to shop around, get some contacts, and then tell you the best place to buy.
And for the picture of the burglary, I will post here once the welder is through with it. And this may be
around early next week(the welder is kind of fast with his work).
   This is the welder's number: 08025300003
ABEG LET AM FINISH MY WORK FISRT OOOO!!!!! LOL!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2011
spyder880:

The lands I talked about are located in Achara Layout, New GRA of Trans Ekulu, Abakpa area Idaw river and Garriki area. The area that rent for above N350k per flat are located within Independence layout, New haven and Old GRA and cost of land in that area ranges between N10-15 million.

Thanks again.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2011
@ Amalone

Your house looks neat. Who is supplying you the clay shingles you will be using for the roof? Is it Hiralco?
The structure of the roof clearly give it as holding clay shingles because of the extra reinforcement around it.
Hit me please, i need a reliable supplier of clay shingles, cant find any around lagos mainland.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2011
The new carpenter doing my lintels is snail slow. He is doing the whole works alone and says he dont need help, my engineer supports him, saying the quality of his work is first class. They have nearly completed it and am waiting to add blocks on top of the lintels. My cummulative expenses has gone up to N914,200.00 after I spent another N35,000 for sundry purchases and labour payouts.
House looking better everyday. I will try and paste pictures in an hours time.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by igboitalo: 6:12pm On Apr 04, 2011
spyder880:

is there anywhere in enugu i can buy a land for 1m and is it possible to build a 4 bedroom bungalow with 3.5m if not how much will it cost, thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by tomjonel: 6:22pm On Apr 04, 2011
Spyder880; aasog; Am Alone:
(1) Please which comes first [/b]in mixed use duplex: column (pillars) or blocks (wall) i.e. do we put up the pillars or the blockwork and then the pillars.

(2) In the two weeks since I saw this thread I have fired my architect, builder, and everyone on my site.  Hired new hands and saved [b]N525,000.00
- in two weeks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:14pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^^ LOL!!!!!!! grin

for your number 1 question
Any can go. But since it is not a
commercial building, let the block
comes first!!!!
PEACE!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
grin grin grin
YES MY HOUSE LOOkS NEAT
AND EVERYBODY KNOWS grin grin grin
NO BE MY POWER
NA OLUWA
CHAMPIOON!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:19pm On Apr 04, 2011
aasog1:

@ Amalone

Your house looks neat. Who is supplying you the clay shingles you will be using for the roof? Is it Hiralco?
The structure of the roof clearly give it as holding clay shingles because of the extra reinforcement around it.
Hit me please, i need a reliable supplier of clay shingles, cant find any around lagos mainland.

Bros I am not using clay shingles oo
But if you want clay shingle,
try Nigerite!!! But they may advice
you to go for Ogburugburu wood
Bros, that wood no be wood o
even you won go for am
go for the brown one!!!
PEACE!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2011
I forgot to gist you guys the latest
Cement is now 2300 NGN here In
Lagos. I Bought an extra 10 bags
for the bricklayer. Because he is
mixing the cement 1 bag to 7 or 8
head pans. Since it is up work
It need to be very strong. Furthermore
I have go my quotation for the aluminium
window. I'm using Tower Aluminium
Which is one of the best in Nigeria.
Check out!!!
Quotation for Aluminium powder coated
casement window with 5mm gloss reflective glass(no let all this
grammar deceive you o!)

4 by 4 = 10 @ 32,000 per 1 = 320,000
5 by 4 =   2 @ 35,000 per 1 =   70,000
2 by 2 =   3 @ 14,000 per 1 =   42,000
workmanship & transport     =   38,000
Total:                             =N=470,000.00

This is after my bargain. And this is the best I have go
so far so good. I have another man I want to call now
and get his own quotation if it is better, I will post it here.

Also, please note slide is not as expensive as casement
and also, imported is not as good as Towers product.
Towers Aluminum is one of the best aluminum window for residential.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:40pm On Apr 04, 2011
The lintels grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
Total money spent now is

=N=4,688,870.00

And I never see roof ooo
Osheyyy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
more lintels

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:48pm On Apr 04, 2011
still more room in the sitting room grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2011
more,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by igboitalo: 7:56pm On Apr 04, 2011
spyder 880 pls can u give me an estimate for a 4 bedroom bungalow in enugu
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:00pm On Apr 04, 2011
Nice pic spyder
keep 'em coming
peace!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:02pm On Apr 04, 2011
and finally,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2011
Am Alone:

Nice pic spyder
keep 'em coming
peace!!

Thank you my man, I love those pictures you pasted up there, the gutter roof thing is really eye catching. Good work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.