Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,502 members, 7,850,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:22 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409079 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Demainman1: 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2011
Na wa for this cement prices oooo. i go fit plaster my house so?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2011
Demain_man:

Na wa for this cement prices oooo. i go fit plaster my house so?

True, we cannot entirely prevent that ouside attack, but the one wey dey vex me na for man like me to walk into my house and order me around just because he has one small gun! We go just act Desperado for that place grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Demainman1: 3:36pm On Apr 25, 2011
^^^^^^^ Yes. i belief in a strong security door. but bulletproof? no need for that one as no be war front i dey i beg!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2011
spyder880:

True, we cannot entirely prevent that ouside attack, but the one wey dey vex me na for man like me to walk into my house and order me around just because he has one small gun! We go just act Desperado for that place grin

Bullet proof car!!!
I love that car too sha
lol!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2011
spyder880:

Where all these people that told me to wait, that building material reduce prices in the rainy season? una go pay me o! The rains has started falling and now cement is selling for N2400.00 in Enugu, and am yet to do my decking, mo gbe o!

@ spyder
na wa ooo!!!!
here cement is selling for 2,200
and I have paid for 100 bags upfront
50 had been supplied to my site for the fence
Do not worry, cement price will still fall. . . . . Lol
Even 9" block goes for 145 naira per block!!!
Na wa ooh!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 4:08pm On Apr 25, 2011
spyder880:

Bros, which line of work you say you dey do sef grin the chasing type or the running type? (joking sha) grin

bros na the chasing type I dey oo!!!!
I just want dey inside my house even when them dey rob the next door
neighbor make moi dey feel like Obasanjo! Knowing say NOTHING DEY HAPPEN!!!

ONCE AGAIN, NA GOD DEY GUIDE!!!
AS IN WHO NEEDS A BULLET PROOF DOOR, CAR ANYWAYS? 

I love it! Atleast one of it for the main entrance will do!
Peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 4:41pm On Apr 25, 2011
Security Door is not a necessity, if you like, use them if you don't leave them.
To protect your house, you can always use burglary gate for the entrance of you
house. 16mm will do! And once you have got burglary on your windows too, I can
assure you that you can be save as heaven!!!!!

Security doors are okay, but where the problem is
is when the key get spoiled. You will have to break
down the door o! Bros!
Peace 2u all
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:36pm On Apr 25, 2011
the right side-back
just want y'all too see

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mikedeoye(m): 10:23am On Apr 26, 2011
All,
Thanks for all your contributions so far. I think i have learnt alot from this thread and thanks to Am alone for providing me with some of the contacts for welders and the likes.

Having followed this thread for a while now, I felt i shld share some pics of my house project as well. I have spent about 11M on this project (direct building purchases) since it started in May 2010. Pls note that the cost qouted here excludes the land cost, omonile and the Governors consent cost. The project is located just after Lakowe/Otunla towns, after Mayfair Gardens in Ajah area of Ibeju Lekki LGA in Lagos. Even though the project as built now is a 4 bed room Burgalow (all ensuite) with laundary room, dinning room, guest waiting area (presit), study room (of a normal room size), family lounge and an utility area. In terms of size, the project of the size of a 2 nos standard 3 B/room size.

As part of my finishing works, I'm presently working on getting my security doors (all Turkey/Polish doors and no China), Sanitary wares (which should be all original Twyford wares for 5 tiolets and 4 bathroom), POP for (my guest waiting area, my main sitting room, kitchen and dinning), tiling (spanish tiles for the floors and some china tiles for my kitchen and bathroom walls), Burgalary for the windows and landscaping (interloacking tiles) etc which i m estamating that it will gulp another 4 million or there a about.

What i think has contributed to the cost so far is that i paid professional service charges to my Engineer who has done most of the supervision since i'm not always available on workings days in the week, then my labour charge has been a bit on the high side and no way compared to what Am Alone and the likes have paid so for their labour. We have tried to ensure that labours, carpenters, bricklayers etc come from outside Lagos and Ajah to keep cost down but i dont think that has worked.

Just to get some comments from house members on the project so far .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mikedeoye(m): 10:39am On Apr 26, 2011
having problems posting pics, will post soon.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:04am On Apr 26, 2011
mikedeoye:

having problems posting pics, will post soon.

Mike I will love to see the picture of your house oo
if you are having problems posting the pictures,
try using 'paint' to reduce their sizes and
try posting it again!!!
Oshey!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by oluwabamis(m): 11:30am On Apr 26, 2011
I just cant wait to see this 11m Naira bungalow, Pls post the pics now now shocked
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by oluwabamis(m): 11:46am On Apr 26, 2011
@spyder880, I am about to start up six bedroom duplex in imo state and the idea is to use NON-HOLLOW BLOCK at the down floor and hollow block at the upper floor. whats ya advice.

pls note that its not the blocks that carry the load but the columns and beams, you can still use hollow blocks to start a 10 story building without any problem, just make sure that you pillars, and beams are well sized for the load. just my own little contribution, Im not a builder though but I have supervised some buildings of mine and they have turned out well
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2011
Oluwabmis
This one is not far fetch!!!
the landlord claim the bungalow cost him 15m in 2006 shocked  shocked  shocked

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria
« #40 on: December 11, 2009, 05:20 PM »

Guy it depends on what materials you intend to use. You can uild one for as low as 3 - 4 M and you can still build one for as much as 50M depending on what you want. The one I've posted here cost about 15M in 2006.  It is a 4 bedroom bungalow with 1 bedroom BQ. The cost includes the building and the fence as well as the landscaping (including interlocking pavements) and the underground as well as overhead tanks. All rooms are ensuite.

High quality materials were used. For instance, a set of WC used there cost 33,000 naira while a china WC then cost 4,500 naira. PVC ceiling was used in all the rooms while fire proof and water resistant suspended ceiling was used for the parlour. The roofing sheet is 0.5mm gauge from Tower aluminium. which is actually an industrial guage as most people use 0.25mm. Granite marble was used for the entire floors. Interlocking pavement stones were fixed at 1,800 naira per square meters and covered an area of 643 sq m.

The windows were fixed by Tower Aluminium at the cost of 670,000 naira.

The irony of it all is that the house is in the villa and is only occupied during festive periods like the forthcoming christmas. Grin Enjoy the pics

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:14pm On Apr 26, 2011
more!!!!
@least this one will calm some of us down!!!!

I no mean say make you go carry your money dey dash
some thief all in the name of expensive house oo
depending on the quality of materials, use, a house can cost
from as low as 1m to infinity

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2011
Another person quote:

a friend used 1.8million for 3bedroom flat in Enugu,though the land is his so did not buy and did not use aluminium sheet.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 1:10pm On Apr 26, 2011
this is another house by Kem4
it a 3bedroom bungalow in 2009
and he said it cost him a little over 5.4million

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mikedeoye(m): 2:34pm On Apr 26, 2011
some pics, more to come

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 2:36pm On Apr 26, 2011
Thanks for the great thread . . . . .very informative
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mikedeoye(m): 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2011
more pics

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mikedeoye(m): 3:13pm On Apr 26, 2011
more pics

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2011
Mike
That is a very big house
but if I may ask
is the roof aluminum?
Peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mikedeoye(m): 3:17pm On Apr 26, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mikedeoye(m): 3:21pm On Apr 26, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mikedeoye(m): 3:37pm On Apr 26, 2011
Am Alone:

Mike
That is a very big house
but if I may ask
is the roof aluminum?
Peace

Yeah, its a big house and really i must confess i did not until we got to this stage as i did not really appreciate it on the plan. For example there are 40 windows (all casement) in the house. As i said earlier it about the size of 2 nos standard 3 b/room flats.

The roof is not aluminium.Its called Onduline roofing sheet ( imported from France).It is made of Bitumen. It was recommended to me by Engineer as he has used it over the years for some of his Clients.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mikedeoye(m): 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2011
last set for now

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 4:00pm On Apr 26, 2011
@ Mike
if you keep spending like this
you make spend up to 6million to finish that house o
so you better shine your eyes oooo
because I see to security house in that money
the cost of omonile is not there
government concert too
I know the cost of construction is AJAH side of Lagos is
very high compared to some other part of Lagos
Anyways, peace too you!
Also, when did you intend to buy your security doors?
I am going to do the pricing tomorrow, then I will go
back on Thursday to buy them!

I love your windows.
It looks very original! And solid!
peace!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 4:09pm On Apr 26, 2011
I still have some roofing sheet left to complete my security house!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 4:22pm On Apr 26, 2011
Am Alone:

@ Mike
government concert too
Anyways, peace too you!

I love your windows.
peace!

I suggest you price them tomorrow, go out to another market/area and price it again on thursday, come back to the previous market and conclude prices, then buy on Friday/Saturday.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Demainman1: 4:25pm On Apr 26, 2011
@Mikedeoye, The roofing sheet looks like painted ZINC. Any particular reason why you chose it over longspan aluminium for example? Is it cheaper/costlier?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2011
spyder880:

I suggest you price them tomorrow, go out to another market/area and price it again on thursday, come back to the previous market and conclude prices, then buy on Friday/Saturday.

True talk
But I am a bit too busy to do that twice.
I don't think I can spare 2 days
to do the pricing
Again going to the place where I will be
buying the doors, is like traveling out of Lagos -
its far. I will just act very smart!
My number one priority is quality
like there was a door I saw at a street after my
street @ my site. It looks original, but the door
has already started to rust even though the owners
have not occupied the house. I just took a picture
of the brand name, and that one is out for good!
Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by mikedeoye(m): 4:55pm On Apr 26, 2011
Am Alone:

@ Mike
government concert too
Anyways, peace too you!

I love your windows.
peace!

Thanks, i know and  i m really trying to curtail cost now but at same time not comprimise quality too much. I m directly involved in Buying of all my finishin now. I have my Governor's consent already and all omonile fees (those are already taken care of). I m not planning a security house for now.
I have made some enquiries on the Security doors and i'm already closing in on one company already for the supplies. We can compare notes when u come back from your maket survey in mushin tomorrow. What i have so far is taht an average  3ft Turkey security door is around 31k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.