Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (408601 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Raplola: 1:09pm On Apr 22, 2011
@ Am Alone, is all me! me! me! People should just ignore your posts. 97% of your posts is all about telling people you're the best, I know people like you. Just look at how many complains you've got about your posts. Why can't you just lie low and contribute to this thread in a sensible way. You need to understand not everyone in this forum are Politicians or as successful as you claimed to be in whatever you do.
I will advise you to use your head when spending your money, nothing last forever. At 25yrs of age you must be really good with making money spending all this dough with make believe original.
Good job though with your bungalow and 3% positive posts.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2011
Whitehorse:

@ All,

One salient point that Spyder888 has made which we must NOT forget is that there is difference when you are building a house for yourself, and when you are building a house for investment purposes. Its two VERY different scenerio.

For example, @ Am Alone is building a luxury house for his PERSONAL use, and he wants to put everything HE considers top quality

@ Syder880 is also building for his PERSONAL use, and is putting what HE deems if fit for HIS purpose.

Now i'm building a house for my Dad in our hometown somewhere in Enugu state, i'm NOT going to spend 1.2M on the roof ! I wont live in the house, so why "waste" the money? Aluminum roofs will do.

I'm also planning to build houses for rent in plots of land i have somewhere in badagry where i was told the rent for 2 bedroom flat is about 100k per annum. Would i spend 1.2M for the roofing? I definitely WONT! Do you want me to recover my investments 100yrs from now? Abeg o.

Please lets remember the profit to earning ratio we got taught a few pages back. Lets build according to our income and durability.

PS: I live in Scotland, and there are 100-500yrs old houses up for sale here, people are living in them, banks provide mortgage to buy them, and they have not fallen apart because they are MAINTAINED.

Weather you use stone tiles, Zinc, Aluminum or even Nylon for roofing, you MUST maintain the house, else it will fall apart. Its that simple.

Peace my people!

You are very right you know? But I want to bring somethings to your notice!!!!
To be honest with you, in the whole of Ikorodu, we don't have this roof on up to 20 houses!!!!
I have being in Ikorodu for close to a year now, and I have seen it only on 3 house(including mine!!!)
That roof is a luxury!
But again when you go to Island, this roof is like their culture!!! You see it everywhere and on
almost every house!!! Bros, I never remembered mentioning on this thread that I want anyone to use this roof - did I?
And for your information, there are some house here in Lagos that house rent climbs up to 8million naira!!! per annum
everybody with his or her own! One mans meat can be another poison!!!!
and for your information aluminum roofing if you are using step tiles, it cost around 1.1million to do a nice aluminum step
tiles roofing. You can always save money by reducing the height of your roof! Mine is 12feet tall, I have seen roof of less
than 2ft tall. Nobody is forcing you to do anything. And again you can even use zinc for your house.
And again forget maintenance! If you use inferior things to build, no matter the amount to maintenance you
apply, it will show no effect. Like if you use zinc to roof your house, no matter the amount of maintenance you apply, it will still
rust.
As a matter of fact, here in Ikorodu, nobody is using asbestos to do their roofing(except those that cannot afford aluminum).
If you build a house with inferior materials because you will not be living there, it is okay. But I want you to remember that
when those tenants pack out, the house will still be yours. So when it begins to give you problem, you will be the one to suffer it.
Building houses for rent is not a good business because it will take you a very long time to recover your investment. And as a result,
people I no who goes into it, build to sell. It is always better. Now if you build a house with inferior materials, you don't expect the buyer
to give you all those millions just like that - do you?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2011
Raplola:

@ Am Alone, is all me! me! me! People should just ignore your posts. 97% of your posts is all about telling people you're the best, I know people like you. Just look at how many complains you've got about your posts. Why can't you just lie low and contribute to this thread in a sensible way. You need to understand not everyone in this forum are Politicians or as successful as you claimed to be in whatever you do.
I will advise you to use your head when spending your money, nothing last forever. At 25yrs of age you must be really good with making money spending all this dough with make believe original.
Good job though with your bungalow and 3% positive posts.

Bros what is your problem here?
Do you even understand anything at all?
Abeg go and read those posts well again. I came here, post pictures of my roof
gave all the amount. Where did I say me?
Spyder came and was over me.
Abeg no let me use insulting words on you!!! Carry go!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kkonsults: 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2011
@spyder , amalone more grease 2 your elbow,God go finnish your houses for you o
For your architectural designs and drawings contact
Arc Dipo
Kkonsults
kkonsults@aol.com

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2011
@ Raplola

The roofing of my house commence two day ago.
And from the look of things, it is going to take 2 more
extra days. I just hope you like the finish product of the roofing sheet.
Total money spent on the roofing sheet alone is 1,466,000.00

435m2 of Stone coated tiles 870pcs @ 2700 ==== 1,174,500.00
94pcs of angle ridges by 1.45m        @ 1580 ====   148,520.00
3pcs    of power paint black            @ 3000 ====        9000.00
40kg    of stone nail                       @ 3000 ====     12,000.00
20meter of aluminum verda brion for gutter @ 1100 == 22,000.00
Tranportation ======                                  ===     15,000.00
Installation @ 200 per square meter ========            85,000.00

Total paid: 1,466,000.00

This is the best I could do! I tried my very best, some places I went, the
roofing sheet goes for as much as 3,480 per square meter.
But i got is for 2,700.00 and the thickness is 4.5mm which is the highest guage(as i was informed)
for the stone coated roofing sheet. The 4mm is a bit lighter. But the 4.5mm is quite better.
But again, you can compare it to aluminum even 7mm thickness. Stone coated is far thicker and heavier!
Peace

the house as at yesterday!
I will post the updated pictures tomorrow
It comes in little pieces like this.
Two of these below makes a square meter.
Peace!!!!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex
« #1438 on: Yesterday at 08:54:12 PM »
Modify message
I did some little works on my house and it cost me a total of 21,000 including cement

21,000 + 6,213,870
Net Total: 6,234,870.00

Above is my very first post and the second and , !~!!!! Where did I say me! me! me!!!
I never mentioned anything about quality or me - Did I?
Then Coss75 as what was the life span of the roof to aluminum?
what is the life span of your roof over that of aluminum,
my reply
Forever  Grin Grin Grin ?
50yrs!(when the stones may begin to fall off, but the roof will still be there)
25yrs appearance guarantee(that color and shape and everything will look exactly like that for 25yrs guarantee!!)
And the beauty it gives your house is mind-blowing!!!

It is above aluminum!!

Then spyder wrote:
Ha! Am alone is really back with a bang.
Here we go again, talking about which materials we think are better, but once again, I will add that this is a matter of choice, so that those of us who cannot afford N1.6m will not roof their house. Please go on and use aluminium tiles if you think thats what you can afford. Zink is even good and has been known to last for 100 years.
Am not saying stone step tiles is not very good, but lets not make it sound as if people has been living in inferior houses just because they used aluminium. And going by the dynamic industry we operate in naija, stone step tiles will become 'old fashioned' in a few months time.

Someone please tell me where did I go wrong Did i mentioned above that aluminum is inferior?
Somebody asked what was it durability over aluminum. I didn't go in detail. I just said it was above aluminum
without going into details. Did I say aluminum was inferior If you go back to all my previous post, you will see I have always
supported aluminum. Okay, where did I say me! me!! or me!!! above?? If I didn't quote my post that I said it, please post it.
NAWAHOOO!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2011
THE PICTURES AM ABOUT BTO SHOW ARE NOT ARRANGED IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER, JUST ENJOY YOURSELF.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2011
MORE,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2011
more,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:05pm On Apr 22, 2011
the sharp curves and straight artwork is worthy of note grin grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:06pm On Apr 22, 2011
more still,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2011
should this man should ask for mor money, am paying grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:10pm On Apr 22, 2011
more pictures, the staicase base comes next

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:12pm On Apr 22, 2011
more staircase framework

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:19pm On Apr 22, 2011
more pictures

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2011
still more pictures

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2011
staircases, penthouses an all grin grin grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2011
more pics,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2011
and more still

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Whitehorse: 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2011
@ Am Alone,

My guy, we no dey quarrel o, na discussion o, make e no come turn PDP vs CPC wahala for here. Abeg eh? Coolo temper. I no fit fight. lol.

No one has the monopoly of Knowledge, we all learn everyday. I'm sure everyone here will agree that you and Spyder have enlightened us a lot. Lets not derail the thread.

More power to your elbow! Na ur pepper, u fit spend am as you like; cow wey no get tail, na God dey help am pursue fly, u get?

Peace my people!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:28pm On Apr 22, 2011
who says they dont build penthouses anymore?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:30pm On Apr 22, 2011
where are them penthouses na?

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2011
there was a penthouse picture which was very pretty, it just didnt save after i snapped the pics, but manage these

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2011
more pics

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2011
@bisanjay and steo: I will email you the contact number of the welder/iron bender. My brother also told me that both the iron bender and carpenter mostly work together so talk to the guy I will email his number.

@Gobi38: How many flats of how many rooms are in your house! sound like you got you a real good deal at N6.5M
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Gobi38: 5:37pm On Apr 22, 2011
@prince_onx - it’s a 4 bedroom Duplex. Downstairs has 1 master bedroom , 1 living room with dining area, 1 private living room (can also be use as an office), Powder room, 1 children lounge, kitchen and small storage. Upstairs has 1 master bedroom with a private living room, 2 bedroom and 1 toilet/bath and a lounge.
Am alone and spyder – am still waiting for your input on the gutter roofing am contemplating to add
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by olubuffett: 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2011
[b][b]Building houses for rent is not a good business[/b] [/b]because it will take you a very long time to recover your investment. And as a result,
people I no who goes into it, build to sell. It is always better. Now if you build a house with inferior materials, you don't expect the buyer
to give you all those millions just like that - do you?
[quote][/quote]

Am alone

I disagree with the highlighted statement rental properties is one of the best business anywhere on the planet, as a young guy look into it your grand children will thank you( imagine you have 4 flat of 5 unit on Lagos road, where you are now how much will the rent be in 5-10 years time.

remember the population of lagos is growing as people come in they will look for rental, when there are fewer land to buy where will they turn to.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by donfidel(m): 6:25pm On Apr 22, 2011
^^^^ seconded. No need for further explanations.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Whitehorse: 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2011
Yes o,

Anywhere you money reach to buy land in Lagos, please buy, it will ALWAYS appreciate. I'd have loved to buy in Lekki, but my pepper no reach. grin . I be ordinary salary earner for UK. lol

Mowe-Ofada axis was getting crowded, and no plans to develop that Lagos Ibadan express road.

I chose badagry because of road expansion there, the rail line Fashola is putting in place, and i've seen the Lagos state plans for that axis. Its a gamble, but its worth a try.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by xtype: 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2011
Hi guys,

Good stuff u guys are doing, I have been a dedicated follower of this topic from its inception in February 2011, even though I no dey comment,

Its been very informative and interesting,

Am Alone and Spider, big up to u guys,

Whitehorse abeg feed me into this Badagry area. whats the place like and how much are the lands there, I know the place is upcoming and have heard about the road expansion and the rail line Fashola is putting in place,

As for that Mowe-Ofada axis, I fear the traffic on that road sometimes and I dont know when work will be done on that Lagos Ibadan express road.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2011
Olubuffett, why I say so, is because it can take you up to 14years to get back your investments.
but if your are doing a good business, you can get back your money in less than two year!
And you know the cost of land on Lagos road right?
For me oo, I prefer to build a house and sell!!!
That way I can get back all my money and my instrest as well in a very short time
use the money, build another, and sell again. On and On and On!!!
In 5 to 10years time, I will be floating in money!!!!
And you can agree with me that new house are more expensive to rent than old ones right?

Example, I build a house and land for 15million and I sell 17.5(which is very reasonable in a year).
I gain say 2million for sale say agent gets the remaining, calculate that in 10yrs time, that is to say, I must had made up to 20million as profit alone
by then you are yet to recover your 15million from rent!!!!

You see some people build a very lovely house and put it for sale, they know what they are doing
its called business!!!!

One thing you need to consider is the land. Like a place here where rent for 3bedroom flat is 900k per
annum, the cost of land there is from 35million(omonile will still take their %, lawyer, agent and every other things)
that is to say to get a land there will cost you close to 40million(including omonile and the others).
Now again, you can't just build 'anyhow' house there and expect someone to come and give you 900k per annum.
It has to be very classy! And because of the location, the cost of construction is high there too!!! Say to build a 4 block of 3bedroom
flat to their standard there will cost you 12million(I laff - It sure will cost you more than that!! I am just keeping it low!)
Now say you are collecting 900k per year for each of the 4 flats!!! Calculate and tell me how long it may/will cost you to get back your money!!!

And again, you can maximize your profit by building a very beautiful/classy house and sell it for more profit(disadvantage is when it took you a very long time to get a buyer! But there are some very reputablee agent here in Lagos that can sell your property for around 6month. Their share is just 10% - maybe negotiable sha!)

Someone taught me this! I think it is very okay! If e no make sense to you, abeg no con say me dey do me! me! me!!!
this is what even fashola did here in ikorodu!!! He built a house 3bedroom flat and was selling for 7million! All has even been sold!!!
Peace!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2011
the risk of rentage too is when you get a bad tenant!!!

Also, not the profit I gave above for the sale of the house is very low - I know
Some people even build with inferior things. Then they get a good bricklayer to
do the plastering. . . . ---- Those bricklayers must be doing a very good jobs
so you don't have to see the rubbish that was used for the house!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Though on the long run, rentage is still very good ooo!!!! You know, I really love collecting rents
from my dad house! grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Whitehorse: 7:48pm On Apr 22, 2011
@ Am Alone,

I understand what you are saying and it makes sense, in a way. But i dont think i'll spend N40mill just to buy land, then some other millions to build the house and then sell it, and then start the process all over again with another house.

I'd rather use that money for down payment here in the UK for a rental house, where someone else's rent will be servicing the mortgage (OPM, Other Peoples Money grin). Less stress, more secure and "free money" (OPM).

Peace Jare!

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.