Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,229 members, 7,849,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:24 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409056 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 5:11pm On Jun 10, 2011
prince_onx:

My project is at Aboru around Iyana-ipaja Lagos. My decking cost almost N2m (N1,913,500:00) go back to post #1335 page 42 for break down of materials, cost, and labour.

Prince_onx, this is a life project and cutting cost is not part of the game when it comes to contruction. 9" is okay for the walls and 6" for partition. The walls will support the roof. A word is enough for the wise!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by bugmenot: 5:12pm On Jun 10, 2011
@Prince_onx

You did not reply my message, cry
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 5:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
bugmenot:

@ prince_onx

Where are you building? How much have you spent to this level? Do you have a rough idea of how much might bring it to completion? Also, I have a question I'd rather not ask you on the public forum, what email addy can I reach you at?

More grease to your elbows.

My project is in Aboru (iyana-ipaja Lagos), I know I have wired $10K 4times from January to April 2011 and I no get change left (don't have the full break down) but post #2306 page 73 and post #1335 page 42 will help with some details. I honestly do no know what it will cost to finish the project but if it exceds N20m even if na one window remain I go leave am like that  grin send email to , if e no work call 911 and ask of me  grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2011
caseymoney:

Prince_onx, this is a life project and cutting cost is not part of the game when it comes to contruction. 9" is okay for the walls and 6" for partition. The walls will support the roof. A word is enough for the wise!

That's what I plan to do. Use 9" for all 4 sides then 6" for the partitioning.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by bugmenot: 6:01pm On Jun 10, 2011
@ prince_onx

Sent you an email,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:32pm On Jun 10, 2011
These are the pictures I could pick for pasting among all the pictures he gave me, one thing about this guy is that I have seen many of his works. There is this big house in my neighborhood which he fitted out from top to bottom, all wordworks. The interior was a beauty. He has worked in Lagos before and says he is ready to travel to any part of this country to do a job. I couldnt attach all the pictures he gave me but I have seen his works. You can call him on 08036349918 or 08075260714.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 6:38pm On Jun 10, 2011
prince_onx:

Will do thanks. Some are videos while some are pic let me sorth them out and I will forward them to you.
On behalf of prince_onx . . . . here are the pix of his house . . . . .

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 6:39pm On Jun 10, 2011
Moreeeeeeeeeee from prince_onx

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 6:40pm On Jun 10, 2011
Last one on behalf of prince_onx

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:47pm On Jun 10, 2011
Fhemmmy, thanks for pasting his pictures.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 6:54pm On Jun 10, 2011
@femmmy: Thanks a lot! see watin I no fit do since April na em u just do in 5 minutes
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2011
prince_onx:

@femmmy: Thanks a lot! see watin I no fit do since April na em u just do in 5 minutes

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be useful on the thread as well . . . . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2011
spyder880:

Fhemmmy, thanks for pasting his pictures.

Na you i hail pass
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Gobi38: 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2011
@DCGUY – Thanks for the Inverter referral. I contacted Obinna (UCG Solar) via the number posted 08034916974 and paid for two 5kva inverter for my mum in Benin. My mum just confirmed the inverter has been delivered and a local electrician already installed it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 10:02pm On Jun 10, 2011
Gobi38:

@DCGUY – Thanks for the Inverter referral. I contacted Obinna (UCG Solar) via the number posted 08034916974 and paid for two 5kva inverter for my mum in Benin. My mum just confirmed the inverter has been delivered and a local electrician already installed it.
Are you also advertising for him grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by marabout(m): 10:07pm On Jun 10, 2011
good stuff
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 11:09pm On Jun 10, 2011
prince_onx:

My project is in Aboru (iyana-ipaja Lagos), I know I have wired $10K 4times from January to April 2011 and I no get change left (don't have the full break down) but post #2306 page 73 and post #1335 page 42 will help with some details. I honestly do no know what it will cost to finish the project but if it exceds N20m even if na one window remain I go leave am like that  grin send email to prince_tonel@yahoo.com if e no work call 911 and ask of me  grin

lol grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by tiwantiwa: 12:26am On Jun 11, 2011
Hello Contributors

I am working on an hostel project now @ roofing stage, there are suggestions to use ALUZINC instead of long span

Please i need expert advise from the house
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 12:46am On Jun 11, 2011
tiwantiwa:

Hello Contributors

I am working on an hostel project now @ roofing stage, there are suggestions to use ALUZINC instead of long span

Please i need expert advise from the house

All roofing materials are good, just a little better than each other. Take a market survey of the cost of Aluzinc, Aluminium long-span and Asbestos (Nigerite Roofing Sheet). Your pocket/budget will determine what to use. If you like Aluminium longspan but, your budget could not cover it, you may go for Aluzinc. Aluzinc has a close resemblance to Longspan but a bit light in gauge and sometimes size.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by wellstone: 7:00am On Jun 11, 2011
well stone real estate is a global company and we have
our branches in different part of Abuja to
enable us search your dream property.

REAL ESTATE

If you seek to buy a duplex in any part of Abuja.
If you seek to rent an apartment in any part of
Abuja.
If you seek to buy a land in any part of Abuja
If you seek to buy a plaza in any part of Abuja.

NOTE:We have different agents in all part of Abuja
Nigeria in general to meet up to your need and
make your dream a reality and contact us for this
duplex with swimming pool cost 650,000,000 naira.

CONTACT US:
EMAIL:wellstonerealestate@yahoo.com
CALL: +2348060601074.
: +2348071445228

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 3ppleT: 7:23am On Jun 11, 2011
Hello peep,

I am about to deck my five bedroom duplex,  please can you kindly  advise me may be 2 staircase is better in a duplex than a normal  1 stair,  please your candid opinion is needed before i make a terrible mistakes, anybody can contribute, thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 9:06am On Jun 11, 2011
3pple T:

Hello peep,

I am about to deck my five bedroom duplex,  please can you kindly  advise me may be 2 staircase is better in a duplex than a normal  1 stair,  please your candid opinion is needed before i make a terrible mistakes, anybody can contribute, thanks.

Post your floor plan. But out of curiousity, how have you been doing it before? Are there no plan?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2011
I went to my house today to see a man that wants to buy my decking wood. I agreed to sell about 100 planks @ N400 per plank and he will take down the planks with his workers. I will paste pictures and updates as soon as he removes the wood from under the deck. I will also minus the money I collected for the deck wood from the total money spent on building my house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 3ppleT: 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2011
brabus:

Post your floor plan. But out of curiousity, how have you been doing it before? Are there no plan?

@Brabus,

I have a plan already but after building the ground floor, i noticed that a lot of space is been wasted and my architect said he designed the laundry to be under the second staircase but i don't really buy that idea because i work for a construction company as well and i can see there is a mistake somewhere.I will upload the pictures and the plan soon. thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 9:55pm On Jun 11, 2011
spyder880:

I went to my house today to see a man that wants to buy my decking wood. I agreed to sell about 100 planks @ N400 per plank and he will take down the planks with his workers. I will paste pictures and updates as soon as he removes the wood from under the deck. I will also minus the money I collected for the deck wood from the total money spent on building my house.

I love the way you are so detailed . . . . Still loving your thread
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by bukenken: 10:43pm On Jun 11, 2011
@ Am Alone
Can u pls email me on bukenken@gmail.com, will like to ask some question or send me ur fone no.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ekinmogun: 11:22pm On Jun 11, 2011
Help ! I need to know how much it will cost to fence a land with the following dimension in lekki 2--front and back -25m each , one side is 40.7m. The other side is fenced. Total meters to fenced is 90.7m. Someone is giving me an estimate of 1.3million including gate. Is this fair?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2011
ekinmogun:

Help ! I need  to know how much it will cost to  fence a land with the following dimension in lekki 2--front and back -25m each , one  side is 40.7m. The other side is fenced. Total meters to fenced is 90.7m. Someone is giving me an estimate of 1.3million including gate. Is this fair?

Is this a water log area? If it is, then it will need a raft foundation and in that case, the price is appropriate. If not, knock off about 30%. I can direct you a someone that can manage this for you. She will give you a breakdown of all the materials you will need. I assume this is excluding the plastering on fence.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 3ppleT: 4:58pm On Jun 12, 2011
[/quote][quote author=brabus link=topic=606079.msg8498174#msg8498174 date=1307779617]

Here is the plan.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 3ppleT: 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2011
First Floor

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2011
3pleT, you need only one staircase in that house I'm seeing. Convert the stair in the kitchen to a Laundry or Pantry/Store. The space on the first floor can be used as game/gym room. My one cent
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by egin(m): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2011
You can add the space for the 2nd stairs to the kitchen. The kitchen as you have it now is not big enough, On the first floor you can convert the space for the stairs to a home office or an extra room.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.