Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,462 members, 7,864,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:44 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (409357 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Bluehat: 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2011
I must say that this has be a very educative thread. Many thanks to all that have contributed, especially Am Alone, Spyder880, etc Beautiful projects you folks are executing. may God Almighty continue to provide you with the resources and strength to see it to completion. Your efforts and achievements have become a source of motivation.
I will appreciate if anyone can help me with a rough estimate of putting up a fence ( about four coaches) on a 100 ft by 80 ft plot of land. This might help as a guide:

No of Blocks ,
Sharpsand ,
Gravel,
Bags of cement,
Labour,

Thanks a great deal.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 6:18pm On Jun 12, 2011
3ppT, Brabus and Egins are right. The escape stair to the kitchen is not necessary. Just covert the space to a studio or laundary room. You would be saving some thousands of naira there.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2011
Bluehat:

I must say that this has be a very educative thread.  Many thanks to all that have contributed, especially Am Alone, Spyder880, etc Beautiful projects you folks are executing.  may God Almighty continue to provide you with the resources and strength to see it to completion. Your efforts and achievements  have become a source of motivation.
I will appreciate if anyone can help me with a rough estimate of putting up a fence ( about four coaches) on a 100 ft by 80 ft plot of land.  This might help as a guide:

No of Blocks ,
Sharpsand ,
Gravel,
Bags of cement,
Labour,

Thanks a great deal.

@Bluehat,
Below is the material cost for a fence up to four(4) coaches.

1. 1530 of 6" or 9" blocks (plus 5% = 76 extra block) = 1606
2. 20 tonnes Sharp sand i.e two trip.
3. 10 tonnes of Gravel i.e Double
4. For a simple fence work, 60- blocks to 1 bag of cement. That means you would need approx 35-40 bags of cement. This include foundation work and the concrete serves as reinforcement.
6. You may double the blocks to serve as pillars (consider buying additional blocks for the pillars) or use iron rod for pillars. If your using  Iron rod you would need 70 length of 12mm plus binding wires and rings
5. Labour - If you are building in Lagos, consult Am Alone for labour cost and if building in the East (Enugu) consult spyder880.

I can't give you a cost of the material listed above at this time because, I'm not based in Nigeria. Ask for the cost of the material listed above in your environment and that would give you a rough total estimate.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 10:27pm On Jun 12, 2011
caseymoney:

@Bluehat,
Below is the material cost for a fence up to four(4) coaches.

1. 1530 of 6" or 9" blocks (plus 5% = 76 extra block) = 1606
2. 20 tonnes Sharp sand i.e two trip.
3. 10 tonnes of Gravel i.e Double
4. For a simple fence work, 60- blocks to 1 bag of cement. That means you would need approx 35-40 bags of cement. This include foundation work and the concrete serves as reinforcement.
6. You may double the blocks to serve as pillars (consider buying additional blocks for the pillars) or use iron rod for pillars. If your using  Iron rod you would need 70 length of 12mm plus binding wires and rings
5. Labour - If you are building in Lagos, consult Am Alone for labour cost and if building in the East (Enugu) consult spyder880.

I can't give you a cost of the material listed above at this time because, I'm not based in Nigeria. Ask for the cost of the material listed above in your environment and that would give you a rough total estimate.

Your estimate is right. I think 1300 blocks will do. If the land is in a water logged area, he will need 12mm iron rods (maybe 0.5 tons) for the raft foundation of the fence.

1. 1530 1300 of 6" or 9" blocks (plus 5% = 76 extra block) = 1606 ---- (Apprx. 1300 of 9" x N150 = N195,000)
2. 20 tonnes Sharp sand i.e two trip. -----(20 tonnes = N48,000)
3. 10 tonnes of Gravel i.e Double --- (10 tonnes = N45,000) - usually better to buy 30 tonnes for N120,000
4. For a simple fence work, 60- blocks to 1 bag of cement. That means you would need approx 35-40 bags of cement. This include foundation work and the concrete serves as reinforcement.  ----( 30 bags of cement x N1900 = N57000)
6. You may double the blocks to serve as pillars (consider buying additional blocks for the pillars) or use iron rod for pillars. If your using  Iron rod you would need 70 length of 12mm plus binding wires and rings ---- ( 70 length x N1200 = N84,000)
5. Labour - If you are building in Lagos, consult Am Alone for labour cost and if building in the East (Enugu) consult spyder880. --- (Digging of the fence foundation (maybe N20,000, Blinding with concrete =N15000, Laying of blocks=N52000 (It will cost N4000 to lay 100 blocks i.e. N2500 for bricklayer and N1500 for labor per every 100 blocks laid).

Hope this helps.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 11:12pm On Jun 12, 2011
@jerryben12, thank you sire.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 3:11am On Jun 13, 2011
Cant stop loving this thread
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 5:52am On Jun 13, 2011
@ 3pple T,

Nice design you got. I will recommend u remove the stairs close to the kitchen and increase the kitchen size as others have stated. If it is not too late, why not have the family room downstairs (ground floor)? Most modern designs have the main living room and family room in the ground floor. Just my two cents!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:43am On Jun 13, 2011
some pictures as we are removing the wood.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 3ppleT: 8:08am On Jun 13, 2011
Sagewood:

@ 3pple T,

Nice design you got. I will recommend u remove the stairs close to the kitchen and increase the kitchen size as others have stated. If it is not too late, why not have the family room downstairs (ground floor)? Most modern designs have the main living room and family room in the ground floor. Just my two cents!

@ Sagewood, thanks for your comment but the main living room is down stairs, if you check my plan, you will see the house has 2 living rooms and 1 ante room ( for visitors). i will still  make some amendment. thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 3ppleT: 8:18am On Jun 13, 2011
brabus:

3pleT, you need only one staircase in that house I'm seeing. Convert the stair in the kitchen to a Laundry or Pantry/Store. The space on the first floor can be used as game/gym room. My one cent

@ Brabus, thanks man, i thought as much too but the main problem is the upper part of it will be waisted because i don't need a gym and i need you to help me look at the first floor closely ( mainly the masters bedroom, can you see where the toilet is positioned? i don't really like it. do you know anybody that can re-draw the first floor for me? i will really appreciate your responce, once again thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by 3ppleT: 8:25am On Jun 13, 2011
egin:

You can add the space for the 2nd stairs to the kitchen. The kitchen as you have it now is not big enough, On the first floor you can convert the space for the stairs to a home office or an extra room.

Thanks oga , as you can see in the plan, i have a studyroom on the first floor already and i think the space will be too small to be a room, so i am kind of confused. so what do you think?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 8:26am On Jun 13, 2011
Send me an email at NextHome@live.com for a free draft design and I'll send you the draft design later today. You can share the draft design with house for discussion
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 8:41am On Jun 13, 2011
I think your GF too needs adjustment. Why have visitors toilet under the stair? Arent you considering security? Someone might hide inside the toilet without you knowing, its too hidden where it is! Suggestion, Let it come to the ante room
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Bluehat: 11:55am On Jun 13, 2011
Thank you so much Caseymoney and jerryben12 for your prompt response. This is really nice. Now I have a bench mark to base my negotiations. Thanks guys.Have a pleasant week.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2011
Spyder thanks for the pictures with the kitchens on page 92 . . . na that one concern me jare. I dont know about cement, rods, gravel LOL

Now my question to the house is why do carpenters place the top units so high up. So high up that one has to climb on a stool to reach the top units & I am not a shorty. Look at one of the men in the pictures; even with his hand high up there is no way he can easily reach into that top unit.

We had the same problem; the tiler started it all off by placing the design border high up (this is the norm he said)

The kitchen fitter went on to place the top units at the "normal height" but when I asked that they bring them right down, the units covered the decorative boarder on the tiles so it was either a choice of the decorative border being covered by the top units or the units had to remain too high & difficult to reach.

In the end I had to choose practicality over beauty and asked for the units to be lowered.

Does anyone know why the top units are so high up?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by atasteve: 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2011
Spyder880, your house is really coming out fine and nice.

Weldone.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 3:16pm On Jun 13, 2011
spyder880:

some pictures as we are removing the wood.

Awesome!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 4:03pm On Jun 13, 2011
Still loving it . . . keep them coming
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 5:51pm On Jun 13, 2011
I am so motivated by this thread! First and foremost, I took that brave step in starting my project after I came across this thread.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2011
Nice Job
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 5:54pm On Jun 13, 2011
smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2011
Any contact for block moulders?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2011
What is the current price of cement in Lagos?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by cinzo: 6:02pm On Jun 13, 2011
Guys pls can I get a quote for the attached roof?

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by cinzo: 6:17pm On Jun 13, 2011
I need quotes on how much can do this roofing. Aluminium step tiles.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by rastaman20(m): 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2011
@spyder880, well done ooo, for the progress done so far.
@am alone,, bros.we are still wating oooo, for those nice pics, and an update of your house,ooo
Kudoossss
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 6:37pm On Jun 13, 2011
@Cinzo, I never know how close we are until I saw yr floor plan and the location of yr project.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by cinzo: 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2011
@brabus, My Oga na there I dey oh!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 7:41pm On Jun 13, 2011
?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:06pm On Jun 13, 2011
Cool O My People!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by tiwantiwa: 11:14pm On Jun 13, 2011
Thanks Casey ! please any one in the house knows a good aluzinc company or contact i can use , please pm me
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 1:08am On Jun 14, 2011
tiwantiwa:

Thanks Casey ! please any one in the house knows a good aluzinc company or contact i can use , please pm me

Where's your site at? If you are in Lagos. Call this number@ 08053002800, 07025678013 - KB Aluminium. The guy is good and he knows his job.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.