Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. (102344 Views)

Man Pictured Near Edge Of Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls Before 350-foot Death Drop / XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others / Vadoma: The Ostrich People Of Zimbabwe Who Have Just Two Toes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by robinso01(m): 11:18am On Aug 19, 2020
IMAliyu:

You can even test this.

Try casually asking a Nigerian youth, "if you were to enter power and have the opportunity, will you steal?"
The answer is often disappointing.

The answer will be "I will even do worse, I will eat my own national cake", I'm always sad to her youths giving such response, that's when I got to know that, black mentality is different from white, all black could think off is corruption.

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by robinso01(m): 11:20am On Aug 19, 2020
Skmoda360:

You have said it all.....

Use the incessant increase in the price of hydroxylchloroquine at 2500 but was increased to 50k because of Corona virus.......we have so many corrupt people in this country...

Imagine, is the price hiking of the medicine government fault again? because we all tend to put all the blame on government
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by robinso01(m): 11:25am On Aug 19, 2020
Diamondniyi:

Who motivated the citizens?? Is it not your governments. 25years ago when we had better governments, is this how everything was? Trust me, main problem facing this nation are our leaders. 20% of the problems come from citizens

Were they not ordinary citizens before assuming the political post? They've had the mindset to steal before becoming public servant, and that's the mindset of average Nigerians. We see how some people who are not politicians embezzles money in their place of work as well, and also see how a brother thinks of duping his own kins.

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by robinso01(m): 11:27am On Aug 19, 2020
lexy2014:

Don't say "government is not the problem of Nigeria". U should have said "government is not the only problem of Nigeria".

Yes, you are right, but the major problem of Nigeria is individuals.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by robinso01(m): 11:31am On Aug 19, 2020
hollah123:
This is the plain truth,just imagine one day I was checking a thread on nairaland about Singapore n a guy wrote it there that he has d student visa already but he's thinking of white powder(drugs) as side hustle....just imagine we complain Nigeria is bad but when we go to places where things work we still do bad.

Me personally I am a Nigerian but in my whole life I will never trust a Nigerian,just last night in my lodge a fight broke out n u will b surprised to know what caused it

Like 4 people organised weekly contribution for months, believe u me when it was time for a guy to collect his own share,the leader said he lost d record book n he couldn't ascertain if the guy has been paying regularly despite d fact that others were testifying that he pays regularly.
They agreed to take the case to the station n he used a line "nothing wey police wan do me,Na 5k go settle am n I go pay d money monthly for 3 years".......like seriously I felt bad but I just lock up since e no concern me.just imagine

That's the mentality of Nigerians, all we could think of is way of acquiring a lot of people's wealth to be someone's own alone. You see some Nigerians still going into scam in foreign countries, where the resources to live well is available. Nigeria is not the only country having problem with the government, but you'll hardly see the other countries citizens to involves their self in scamming or stealing.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by alasan007(m): 11:31am On Aug 19, 2020
Lol make he go try this for southy you go knw say no say 9ja guys de learn ni
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by robinso01(m): 11:33am On Aug 19, 2020
[quote author=Tecno66 post=92979113]That's why Nigerian governments are very corrupt. A government is as good or bad as the constituent's of the country. [/quote

Yes, the constituent becomes the government.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by robinso01(m): 11:37am On Aug 19, 2020
BRASH:
That's why we have laws. But unfortunately, our laws are weak and cannot bite. If you indict anybody for crime and he happens to know someone in the right office, he will escape punishment. When people realize that they will definitely be punished for their crimes, maybe some of them will behave well

Some Nigerians don't even fear the law, even in saner countries, they still disobey the law, that's why you see some people carrying drugs into countries that have strong law against drug, even when they know the penalty is death
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by robinso01(m): 11:39am On Aug 19, 2020
vanunu:

Those in-charge of Nigerian govt are stealing, korokoro, that is why there is a culture of stealing.

Should that be enough reason for the constituents to steal also?
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by robinso01(m): 11:39am On Aug 19, 2020
Athemisia:
funny enough some see it as being smart... smh
Abi na, and you see some people hailing them for the corruption.

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by babaireti(m): 11:47am On Aug 19, 2020
Highly motivational and inspiring,Nigeria must change
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Benekkk: 11:50am On Aug 19, 2020
No sensible person should try such in Nigeria!
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Ajsmart(m): 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
Very true. You raised great points.

Moral of the story:
“The people make up the government. A nation with a substantial number of incompetent and untrustworthy people guarantees an incompetent and untrustworthy government”.

Vixlot:

https://www.toldnetwork.com/2020/08/13/my-experience-in-zimbabwe/
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by pseudaria: 12:51pm On Aug 19, 2020
Igbochief001:

only a dumb person would enter politics to loot
15 billion dollars revenue ....lol ...were 90% is for debt servicing wage ? ...what's left

u are the one that's poor because u need to see the bigger picture ....it's a dog eat dog world ....u either think like this or work for someone who does

You are the one who needs to see the bigger picture, you were born into a country with severe moral deficiency that is why you are reason the world like this.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by jcross19: 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2020
duro4chang:
Continue to laugh. If you continue to laugh at me and support illegalities. Afterall it will be on record that some people are trying to make things right. People like you will only complain, criticise and murmur by the time you get to power it will still be the same because you don't have the will to do anything right.
government have vital role to play!!! am asking you why are they there!!!.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
pseudaria:

You are the one who needs to see the bigger picture, you were born into a country with severe moral deficiency that is why you are reason the world like this.
I was born into a religious country ...people who failed to see the bigger pictures ...

idiots who go to pastors that romance politicians ...imans who are bribed by government officials

u people think there is a rule in this world ...if it means eliminating Africa for American to survive do u think they would think twice ....u think if there is need there won't still be slave trades ?

you are just joking

it's even in the Bible even

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Meti99(m): 1:11pm On Aug 19, 2020
Nigeria is a complex nation with a complex problem...
Everything was good until the Bia man introduced 419 in the early 90s...
Our leaders also portrayed greed in leadership and we followed suit
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by duro4chang(m): 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2020
jcross19:
government have vital role to play!!! am asking you why are they there!!!.
Here we are talking about honestly and contentment, are you now saying the government is put in place do that you will be honest and contended? Until government makes you contented you will not? Is that what you mean? Government are in place to protect lives and properties, to make life better for citizenry etc. Now check it, many of the things provided by government are destroyed by people like you and I. Do you think I am saying our government is doing well? Never! Our government is bad but we are equally bad too. Until you and I change it will continue like this. Mark my words you and I need to change. Stop blaming the government for everything. Ask yourself what positive things have I done this year? Let me assess myself too.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Kingspin(m): 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2020
[quote author=duro4chang post=92983279][/quote]There are millions of good Nigerians,

But your government keep rewarding bad people such system infiltrated back into society.

The idea of you and I only should is good but there are other connections, players, politics going on.

In my understanding of society, those in power choose to alter for reform, push for change for gains and by the time you know it society is divided along two lines.

There is a saying that leaders chose when to start and end the war.

Remember, Nigerians are fast learners.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by duro4chang(m): 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2020
Kingspin:
There are millions of good Nigerians,

But your government keep rewarding bad people such system infiltrated back into society.

The idea of you and I only should is good but there are other connections, players, politics going on.

In my understanding of society, those in power choose to alter for reform, push for change for gains and by the time you know it society is divided along two lines.

There is a saying that leaders chose when to start and end the war.

Remember, Nigerians are fast learners.

Do the needful. Be honest and trustworthy. We all have a role to play.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by ridbell01(m): 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2020
Opexzy:
I have met honest people in Nigeria too, with even a more convincing test.

I was in computer village, ikeja Lagos state to fix my phone's screen that broke. It was on a Thursday and all shops were meant to be closed due to lockdown restrictions.
Just like you know, some of them will surely still be by the roadside to hustle for customers. I was there explaining to the technician that want to fix my phone, when a car pulled over and the driver stretched out his hand and handed over his phone, (an iPhone for that matter) to the same guy to help add screen protector and a silicone case.
He paid right there and told the guy he is in a hurry to pick up someone at the airport that he would collect it when he his returning. He dropped his contact card and didn't even bother to collect the guys contact before he drove off.

Everyone was surprised including the guy, because he has never met the man before and there was no traceable location because everywhere was locked.

I think it's better you thank your star that you met a good Zimbabwean.
Just like I use to pray to always encounter good Nigerians

Bad people are everywhere likewise good people.

MODIFIED:
To those asking me if the guy ever returned his phone.
When the guy was done, he called the man and he left us in his shop to wait for him by the road side.
I would not have narrated the story if I didn't know how it ended.

I am sure at one point in time we have all met at least one good and honest Nigerian.

Reading through people's comments and some of my mentions makes it look like I am the only Nigerian on this forum. Ask yourself what would you have done if you were the Zimbabwean, it is that simple. If you are not sure, then na your body the mess dey smell.

I can boldly say this, If I were the the Zimbabwean in the OP's story I would not have done it differently.
my brother those experience people in computer village know that is very difficult to dissappear with people phone.
But there are good people in Nigeria but just 5% of the population
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2020
Stalwert:

We are a funny people. Nigerians blame government for Yahoo boys crimes. We lack the concept of taking responsibility for our actions.

It is so sad our value system has fully degraded. I remember back in Primary school where we read about village where people left their wares unattended to, just pick what you want and drop the money. Today such thinking will earn you derisive laughter.
Whoever you see doing this is a big idiot and if he is educated, his parents should have bought a dog instead of wasting school fees.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
GamalNasser:

Nigerians will blame the govt for their bad behavior but relocate to Dubai and still keep doing bad
It's in the blood.

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
Wetin concern me, my own na to run commot for this country. There is no need fighting for a dead and decomposing country.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by kombitel(m): 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
My brother,

I no blame you at all ….!!!

I see you are on cloud nine from the picture attached to your post and therefore, I take note that you may have little control of your faculties. A country that produced MUGABE, one of the unholy trinities of animalistic looting and moronic corruption on the universe (in consonance with ABACHA and SESE SEKO) is now the country you believe is better in morals than Nigeria.

When the head was that rotten, you think he did it alone without people working for him

And you think those foot soldiers came from the moon, they were other Zimbabweans.

Count yourself lucky, thank your God and your chi for leading your footsteps aright and shut your trap before the ever militant Nigerian thunder locate your abode.

Nansense!

Vixlot:

[b]My brother,

I see you are on cloud nine from the picture attached to your post and therefore, I take note that you may have little control of your faculties. A country that produced MUGABE, one of the unholy trinities of animalistic looting and moronic corruption on the universe (in consonance with ABACHA and SESE SEKO)

Vixlot:

[/b]My brother,

I see you are on cloud nine from the picture attached to your post and therefore, I take note that you may have little control of your faculties. A country that produced MUGABE, one of the unholy trinities of animalistic looting and moronic corruption on the universe (in consonance with ABACHA and SESE SEKO)

Vixlot:

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by JoshB92: 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2020
Iwa rere ni iyi eniyan, oruko rere o San Ju wura.... Etc.... Nigerians will give u d best proverbs for good morals but they are very far from it...
Some will justify demselves by dragging d government to any dirty shit dy committed,,it is who you are!! Don't blame no one for your ugly behavior... We have people like that in this country though who can portray what the Zimbabwean did but rare and almost impossible
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by VULCAN(m): 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2020
No matter how simple a message is, there will still be some people who will misunderstand it.

Sigh!

isram:
Oga we still have good people even in Nigeria,

The Zimbabwe you are talking about still have criminals, I was in South Africa for 2 years, a great percentage of crime was from zim guys

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by achieversa(m): 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2020
The police are being obeyed even without carrying arms is still an indication of the people's submossive to the law of their land and not of the discipline of the police. By the way, i drove Zimbabwewide and no single police stop me on the way to demand for bribe.

About their government, it is an issue of absolute power. The govt has stayed too long and are short of idea.
I wouldn't ve done that in Nigeria or with a Zimbabwean in South Africa. But in Zimbabwe, distrust won't be your first option.
It is not about desperation, it is about being where there is correct moral value.

Of course, i won't try that with someone like you.

[1quote author=thinkmoney post=92963899]
If this is true about Zimbabwe populace, then how did there government officials become corrupt? Or, is it that they take their leaders from other countries?
And I am surprised you said their police is disciplined. This is not consistent from what we have been seeing from many media houses sin the later years of Mugabe till now.
You would not very wise to trust a complete stranger with such responsibility anywhere in the world! You were just foolishly desperate!![/quote]
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by zizerbest(m): 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2020
And i.am sure you too have considered moving the car down here to enjoy since they are on lockdown. we're like that brother, Awoof nodey worry our belle
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Muftimenk: 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2020
shocked lipsrsealed undecided Nawaooo
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by lucky4west: 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
nice one bruv hopefully we can create a new orientation

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by isram: 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2020
VULCAN:
No matter how simple a message is, there will still be some people who will misunderstand it.

Sigh!

chief understander go and read the last two paragraphs again

Sigh ke u there

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.