Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. (102348 Views)

Man Pictured Near Edge Of Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls Before 350-foot Death Drop / XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others / Vadoma: The Ostrich People Of Zimbabwe Who Have Just Two Toes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Haywhymido(m): 11:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
Yobabad:
Pls don't try that here especially with the skull miners
You are bad part of Nigeria's problem and if you dont know sense is far from you. Tribalism kill you there
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
pseudaria:

What you just wrote here is complete nonsense. It won't take a fortune teller to know that you would loot this country blind if given the opportunity. And it is not smartness- it is poverty mentality, the bane of black emancipation
only a dumb person would enter politics to loot
15 billion dollars revenue ....lol ...were 90% is for debt servicing wage ? ...what's left

u are the one that's poor because u need to see the bigger picture ....it's a dog eat dog world ....u either think like this or work for someone who does
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Haywhymido(m): 11:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
Igbochief001:
Is the white man trust worthy ? ...is the Chinese trust worthy? Russians ? ...u need a bit of aggressiveness to grow really ...most Africans lack this except maybe igbos

The rules is meant to keep the weak man down ...there is no rule in this world ...it's a dog eat dog world

No country achieved growth without doing something bad .. except the few small country with large resources ...it's a matter of time they would soon drop too
see mentality. man made blessing no dey last, you cant compare it with that of God. When a person achieves greatness through a wrong means he and his generation will definitely pay for it if you like run from church to mosque or shrine.This is not meant to bullsh! t your tribe bro but you people are one of the major problems of Nigeria. Almost all fake items are made by your people. We need to do better for a better Nigeria
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Kayharry(m): 11:50pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nigeria is like this before,but we have been reprogrammed politically and ever other word with ally .
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Oselu28(f): 11:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
why is everyone putting the government before family, did the government raise us as children or our families did?

I totally agree our govt,syst and Nigeria is messed up but we've also lost our moral upbringing,let's leave religion aside bcus we're all hypocrites

if we uphold our family values,I'm sure those representing us at the top will maintain their family name........

did I forget to mention peer pressure/peer group influence.....na where matter start to cast be this

2 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Dalby(m): 11:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
lexy2014:

Don't say "government is not the problem of Nigeria". U should have said "government is not the only problem of Nigeria".

Government is made up of people. If the people are right then government will be right...
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Haywhymido(m): 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
GentleA:
Good and bad is not a question of Nationality but of personality. You just met a Good person in Zimbabwe, that doesn't necessarily imply that everyone in Zimbabwe is perfect. The same goes for Nigerians, we're not all bad, and they're places in Nigeria too where policemen Don't hold guns but battons. I guess the problem is that we keep mute about the good things in Nigeria, and its Good people, and only tell stories of the bad. That's what we should change!
Dey dere dey deceive yourself, the evils happening in Nigeria outweight the goods in ten folds. We simply need to do better
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Lovelyn451(f): 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
seunny4lif:
It can never happen in West or East Nigeria.
Northern Nigeria shops are mostly not locked and yet those guys don’t rob the shops.

I used to work at the MMA and I discovered our mentality has a Nigerians is to steal and blame it on devil or government if caught.

Senegalese police will inform you to come to station yourself.
If I report someone to the police
They will give me a letter to give the person
Once the person collects the letter from me then the person must appear in the station
Failure not to appear can land you 3 weeks in prison without even looking at your case.

Many Nigerians have ended in Senegalese jails for useless crime and many so called big boy Nigerians have slapped or beaten up Senegalese police thinking they are dealing with Nigeria police officers.
They will not even look at their cases even through many were innocent but sentence to over 10 years in prison.

abeg which northern Nigeria, definitely not kano, my phone was stolen at Aminu kano teaching hospital Emergency ward where I plugged it to charge while taking care of my almost lifeless brother... Abeg abeg abeg don't even annoy me....tchew
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
Haywhymido:
see mentality. man made blessing no dey last, you cant compare it with that of God. When a person achieves greatness through a wrong means he and his generation will definitely pay for it if you like run from church to mosque or shrine.This is not meant to bullsh! t your tribe bro but you people are one of the major problems of Nigeria. Almost all fake items are made by your people. We need to do better for a better Nigeria
even your God did it ...Jacob took his Blessing by force

God gave isrealite other people's land . they killed them n took their land
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Haywhymido(m): 11:59pm On Aug 18, 2020
uruba23:
After watching Eddie Murphy's Trading places I really can't blame Nigerian much because we are quite smart and aggressive people my only worry with this story now is some people would travel to Zimbabwe to take Jack place and start a spare part export business .
na accident go be such people's portion b4 they even reach Zimbabwe

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by lexy2014: 12:01am On Aug 19, 2020
Dalby:

Government is made up of people. If the people are right then government will be right...

So?
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Haywhymido(m): 12:02am On Aug 19, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

If he's my country man, i dare not try that. I wonder how we descended this low as a country.

why do people always live in denial in this country? Nigeria's foundation lies and garbages.

2015 open my eyes. Nigeria turns a pycho, a known religious fundamentalist, an ethnic bigot into a messiah ! because of tribals even when he can not provide any school certificate

Nigerians ask for Nepa bill in place of school certificate

can anybody estimate how many people have to die because of this stupid single act? and counting

Most Nigerians voted Jonathan out not because of tribe but because he failed woefully. He is a good man but a lot of atrocities was commited under his watch. so stop being bitter cos that is the true.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Dalby(m): 12:03am On Aug 19, 2020
lexy2014:

So?

Don't blame government. The government is a product of the people...

Change starts from within...
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Haywhymido(m): 12:04am On Aug 19, 2020
Diamondniyi:
They’ve spoiled the name NIGERIA globally. I could still remember when I was in Cotonou BENIN republic, anytime I drives my car with Nigeria plate number, the police there always stop me and ask for documents leaving the indigenous to go. What I mean here is that, anywhere Provide your identification as a Nigerian in other countries, trust me they will always harass/suspect you for a bad act. Maybe this country should be renamed self
Renaming it will still put us where we are presently, it is the people in Nigeria that need to change
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by lexy2014: 12:06am On Aug 19, 2020
Dalby:

Don't blame government. The government is a product of the people...

In d Constitution, are "the people" and "the government" used as one concept or used as two separate concepts?
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Dalby(m): 12:08am On Aug 19, 2020
lexy2014:

In d Constitution, are "the people" and "the government" used as one concept or used as two separate concepts?

No matter how good a system is, garbage in, garbage out... wink
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Haywhymido(m): 12:09am On Aug 19, 2020
IduNaOba:
I have done similar things for people in the east here. No dey make noise abeg
keep it up. Maybe Nigeria will be great one day
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by lexy2014: 12:11am On Aug 19, 2020
Dalby:

No matter how good a system is, garbage in, garbage out... wink

Simple yes or no
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Dalby(m): 12:14am On Aug 19, 2020
lexy2014:

Simple yes or no

Hahaha l do not have the time for your multiple choice answers, if you have a point state it. These exchanges are supposed to be symbiotic not arguments for the sake of arguing...
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Haywhymido(m): 12:14am On Aug 19, 2020
CrudeSon:
My problem with your post ,you could not even appreciate the guy,only #300?is he your servant,you are
also one of bad Nigerians,a bad representative of our dear country.
This attitude of yours is another problem most Nigerians need to cure. when you expect something in return for an act of kindness you have done than you just conducted a transaction.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by lexy2014: 12:16am On Aug 19, 2020
Dalby:

Hahaha l do not have the time for your multiple choice answers, if you have a point state it. This exchanges are supposed to be symbiotic not arguments for the sake of arguing...

If u don't have time for my multiple choice answers, who asked u to get into d discussion I was having with d other guy? I didn't argue with u. I only asked u simple question. Or is argument d same as question?
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Dalby(m): 12:18am On Aug 19, 2020
lexy2014:

If u don't have time for my multiple choice answers, who asked u to get into d discussion I was having with d other guy? I didn't argue with u. I only asked u simple question. Or is argument d same as question?

I stated an opinion on a subject bros, l thought that is my constitutional right?
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by lexy2014: 12:20am On Aug 19, 2020
Dalby:

I stated an opinion on a subject bros, l thought that is my constitutional right?

And I asked u a question based on ur opinion. Or don't I have a constitutional right to ask u a question?
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Dalby(m): 12:21am On Aug 19, 2020
Haywhymido:
Renaming it will still put us where we are presently, it is the people in Nigeria that need to change

My point exactly!!!
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Haywhymido(m): 12:24am On Aug 19, 2020
SmartPolician:

Take it or leave, Nigerians of all tribes are bad

If the northerners were any better, at least we would have a better Nigeria today

After all, those guys have been leading this country for many years yet the country is still a shithole

To date, Nigeria is still recovering Abacha loots. You don't test a man's integrity when he is poor. Just give him power and money. Come back and check how far
I am a yoruba but truth be told if you come across an uneducated(western education) hausa man u go shock. They fear God too much and always act diligently. honesty is their watchword. once an hausa man becomes educated(western edu) every
thing changes. it is as if western edu corrupts their minds i still dont understand how this happens though not all of them bht most. In form of honesty, hausa tribe comes first for me, follow by yoruba. I am not a tribalist but igbo wont even make the list.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Dalby(m): 12:29am On Aug 19, 2020
Haywhymido:
I am a yoruba but truth be told if you come across an uneducated(western education) hausa man u go shock. They fear God too much and always act diligently. honesty is their watchword. once an hausa man becomes educated(western edu) every
thing changes. it is as if western edu corrupts their minds i still dont understand how this happens though not all of them bht most. In form of honesty, hausa tribe comes first for me, follow by yoruba. I am not a tribalist but igbo wont even make the list.

I just couldn't hold myself grin grin grin
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Haywhymido(m): 12:34am On Aug 19, 2020
ekerintee:
The present day generation have destroyed the good name our great fathers built for us .it took time to build a good reputation but now we see young guys destroying reputation as Nigerians.ubfortunately our children will inherit a bad Nigeria ,when you say you are a Nigeria ,people look at you like a criminal , fraudster ,as someone coming from a very corrupt country.Reparing Nigeria will take a great effort and only tough and harsh policies can do that.

Nigeria's good name was long time ago destroyed, it has nothing to do with the present generation. You only looked at the result of what is happening now not what caused it
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by April4th(m): 12:43am On Aug 19, 2020
hollah123:
so u expect me to turn activist over a case that broke out last night which I know nothing about prior to that time.

Bros abeg what am I supposed to do in dat case to show I am not a hypocrite?

If you turn a blind eye to an issue you could have wade in and resolve, then you have no right to complain about the Nigerian mentality and attitude. Simple
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Haywhymido(m): 12:50am On Aug 19, 2020
lekki1444:
WHATS FUNNY IS THAT THE GUY THINKS HE IS ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS. HE IS A TYPICAL NIGERIAN. THEY WILL USE YOU AND GIVE YOU NOTHING
when you look forward to a reward for a act of kindness performed by you then it is no longer kindness but business or transaction. Take note of that.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Warlord2014(m): 1:14am On Aug 19, 2020
duro4chang:
Here people will blame the government for everything. The Zimbabwe government is as bad as ours but people are still doing the right things there. Thanks so much for this post.
How can a government be bad....and the people are good.
Waiting you drink uncle?

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Burgerlomo: 1:29am On Aug 19, 2020
Nah so one take scam me online despite knowing say I be Naija cool
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by anukulapo: 3:12am On Aug 19, 2020
This you said right here is true. Human beings are bound to err. The need to make crime not worth it even if life is not so good cannot be watered down by ideal of expecting citizens to "play their part".
Society needs justice a fair and just criminal system that is quick and spares no sacred cow!

That being said, @OP, Vixlot ; I and my immediate circle of friends would return the car too if it were in Nigeria (I can say that boldly). I'll say that your doubt may be valid but there are many random Nigerians too at the airport that will do the same.
Don't let the hushpuppi image rob off on your judgement, and the evils of the government.
I suppose that OP would return a car if approaches at a Nigerian airport too. If so, then there's one more count of hope that we've not all lost our human dignity for the pursuit of money.

The government is a total failure, yes, I know but not all Nigerians have failed yet.

rontolo:
The government has a massive role to play. Building a criminal justice system that works, so that crime is met with justice, quickly. Leaders must lead by example, not the flamboyance, rampant corruption of public officials.

The problem is our culture. We worship money. Get rich at all cost. Nobody bothers as to source.

I will be candid. I have no faith in Nigeria whatsoever. The future is extremely gloomy. The leaders we elect at all levels of governance is nothing short of a disaster!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.