Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website (15167 Views)

Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf / Why Southeast Is Excluded From Our Interviews — PTDF / Osinbajo: Southeast Is A Strategic Industrial, Trade Hub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Area4Area: 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
horsepower102:

There are old pictures of onitsha that had ships docking around that waterfront. This was during colonial times when technology wasn’t that great. Not to talk of today. Deep down, they know that they have lost the landlocked argument but they have to save face on an anonymous forum.

Also Niger River meets the definition of international waterway but their mods kept on closing the threads that was trying to educate them.
You want to start your landlocked and international waters argument as usual again? You and your likes have been educated about it in the past but you insist on your whatever

4 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Area4Area: 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
horsepower102:

Any area of land that has navigable access to the open sea is not landlocked. Please do your research on how landlocked is defined both in dictionary and internationally.
Continue deceiving yourself

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by horsepower102: 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
Area4Area:
You want to start your landlocked and international waters argument as usual again? You and your likes have been educated about it in the past but you insist on your whatever

Educated me on what? Go and take a sit. I am not patient for your hate driven ignorance.

9 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Pentagon007: 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
The East is about to witness huge and massive investment inflows. With this good development, Our Goods and services will further be easier to export outside Nigeria.
Small small Lagos will be stripped of those undue advantages it has been accorded by the greedy and wicked minds.

14 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Gabkosh: 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
horsepower102:

You totally missed the main point of this thread and the point of the OP.
See them changing narrative

1 Like

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Gabkosh: 5:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
horsepower102:

Ok whatever narrative helps you sleep better at night.

At the end of the day business people can bring in their goods from onitsha port. End of story.
Hehehehe, e pain am kikiki

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Anambra1stS0n: 5:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
NGpatriot:

Comedian, Ocean sailing vessels can not sail on any river, definitely not to your village river barge landing.

grin grin

Dumbo go and study Danube River, Europe's second-longest river, after the Volga serving many Countries Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine

10 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Area4Area: 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
post=92960634:

So what are you trying to say The Containers will arrive Onitsha via River Niger, which is international waterways and can be dredge to contain bigger vessel that can barth in Onitsha direct, this is what we have been saying, for ignorant minds that were saying east is landlock.
Do you realize that before you navigate your smaller boat to the River Niger enroute Onitsha, you'd have to go through the tributaries of the River Niger in Bayelsa or Rivers before getting to your "international waters"?
Igboland is landlocked, take it or leave it.

5 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Gabkosh: 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
Guestlander:

They just don't understand the meaning of being land locked. You can ship to any destination on the planet, but if you are landlocked your shipment goes to the nearest port where it will be transported by a different method to your final destination.
In this case to Onitsha by a boat.
Whether you are in Onitsha or Maiduguri, Nigeria is not a landlocked country, but if you break away pere.
You guys are just wicked? Must you always cut down the wing of these people . Una no even allow them enjoy their chest beating small

6 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Pentagon007: 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
There was a thread where really Educated this greedy and jealous minds from Waste.
He even provided Satellite imagery showing Alaigbo has access to the Atlantic ocean through IMO River, Azumini, Oguta lake and River Niger. The exposé really sank into the Ugly heads from Waste.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Area4Area: 5:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
horsepower102:

And so that doesn’t make a difference. Go and study international laws on transnational rivers. No one can stop igbos from accessing the open sea if they gain independence. This has been well researched by me and so many others. This is why we are confident we can do it on our own.

The only ones stopping us is you Nigerians scared of your future without us in it.
If you don't have any prior arrangement with Nigeria to use her landways and waterways, you are OYO.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Gabkosh: 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
horsepower102:

There are old pictures of onitsha that had ships docking around that waterfront. This was during colonial times when technology wasn’t that great. Not to talk of today. Deep down, they know that they have lost the landlocked argument but they have to save face on an anonymous forum.

Also Niger River meets the definition of international waterway but their mods kept on closing the threads that was trying to educate them.
See this one o hehehehe. It is a shame that old man like you don't know the meaning of landlocked. Shame

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Area4Area: 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2020
post=92961429:

Go and read law that guide international waterways, you are blinded by to much ewedu you consume.
Bring up those laws here, this topic about landlocked or not had been treated here several times but you guys would always bring it up

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Gabkosh: 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2020
NGpatriot:

If you are not smart and intelligent, they'll easily fool you..

I tell you. But can only fool themselves anyway

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Anambra1stS0n: 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2020
NGpatriot:

Comedian, Ocean sailing vessels can not sail on any river, definitely not to your village river barge landing.

grin grin

Vessel in Danube River

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Gabkosh: 5:50pm On Aug 18, 2020
horsepower102:

Any area of land that has navigable access to the open sea is not landlocked. Please do your research on how landlocked is defined both in dictionary and internationally.
Then you must be dumb.

4 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Gabkosh: 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2020
loopman:

Care to direct us to a link ?
Abi

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Gabkosh: 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
horsepower102:

And so that doesn’t make a difference. Go and study international laws on transnational rivers. No one can stop igbos from accessing the open sea if they gain independence. This has been well researched by me and so many others. This is why we are confident we can do it on our own.

The only ones stopping us is you Nigerians scared of your future without us in it.
This one has started with his worthless international law hehehe. He no get backing to defend his point anymore

4 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Area4Area: 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
horsepower102:

Educated me on what? Go and take a sit. I am not patient for your hate driven ignorance.
Igboland is landlocked, even if you're to get to Onitsha river port, you'd need to navigate through Nigeria and you need her permission to do that

5 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Anambra1stS0n: 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
Area4Area:
Bring up those laws here, this topic about landlocked or not had been treated here several times but you guys would always bring it up

The River Niger is the third-longest river in Africa, cut across many countries just like Danube River which empty in Black Sea, River Niger empty in Atlantic Ocean

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Area4Area: 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
post=92962509:

Dumbo go and study Danube River, Europe's second-longest river, after the Volga serving many Countries Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine
Was there any agreement between those countries or you think they'd just start using another country's port?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Pentagon007: 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
post=92962775:

Vessel in Danube River

You no get joy o grin See how you are delivering pains to ewedu skulls grin grin
Oh! So Big Ocean going vessels can navigate on a River? Meanwhile That afonga pigglidy was here cheering himself how Vessels cannot sail in a river.

7 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Gabkosh: 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
loopman:

Lol. You quoted one random Hausa man and I asked you to bring fact/link and you are asking me to prove you wrong grin

You are not normal ogbeni
If he gives you, let my left ball burst

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Area4Area: 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2020
Pentagon007:
There was a thread where really Educated this greedy and jealous minds from Waste.
He even provided Satellite imagery showing Alaigbo has access to the Atlantic ocean through IMO River, Azumini, Oguta lake and River Niger. The exposé really sank into the Ugly heads from Waste.
All the rivers you mentioned would still pass through Nigeria to the Atlantic and you need Nigeria's permission to use that

1 Like

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Gabkosh: 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2020
post=92961719:

That's how you guys misuse English words, this is the meaning of Landlock
A landlocked country or landlocked state is a sovereign state that does not have territory connected to an ocean or whose coastlines lie on endorheic basins. There are currently 49 landlocked countries, including 5 partially recognized states.
Olodo, A landlocked nation is a nation that has no coast with the sea. Stop your OSU IPOb definition to suite yourself

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by horsepower102: 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2020
Gabkosh:
If he gives you, let my left ball burst

Now you made this statement I will take my time to go look for that article and once if find it, I will open a separate thread for it. The only condition is that you must take a video of you crushing that left testicle of yours. Let me just finish work.

5 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Area4Area: 6:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
post=92962970:

The River Niger is the third-longest river in Africa, cut across many countries just like Danube River which empty in Black Sea, River Niger empty in Atlantic Ocean
Question is this, did the River Niger pass through Nigeria's landmass before emptying into the Atlantic, from Onitsha to the Atlantic I mean

1 Like

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Gabkosh: 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
post=92962509:

Show us the coast in Igboland, whether submergent or emergent coast. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Gabkosh: 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
horsepower102:

Now you made this statement I will take my time to go look for that article and once if find it, I will open a separate thread for it. The only condition is that you must take a video of you crushing that left testicle of yours. Let me just finish work.
I repeat, if you bring it, le my left ball burst

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Anambra1stS0n: 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
Area4Area:
Was there any agreement between those countries or you think they'd just start using another country's port?
There is existing agreement governing River Niger, River Niger is already international waterway, The Niger Basin has been governed by a series of agreements in the post-colonial era, one of the already established treaties is "the integral parts of the Niger River, should be open to international traffic, with equal treatment for nationals of all states regarding tolls. The Niger River Commission was also tasked with ensuring the safety and control of navigation and facilitating the movement of vessels." this hasn't been implemented because we are still in one nation , if every regions decide to go their separate ways, know that this is one area east and north will come together, River Niger channel is more important to north, because that's the only river from ocean that transverse to northern states, unlike east with Imo River with shortest route to the sea, north leaders know this, expect few Yorubas that chosen to be ignorant because it will favour Igbos which is more closer to the sea than the north, but the fact they can't change, the already existing treaties than govern Niger Basin Authority, we are still in one nation, that's main reason east and north are reluctant on dredging and maintaining River Niger, mind you
the Lower Niger has been dredged twice, first in 1958 by NEDECO and secondly by a consortium of LCHF/Westminster Dredging Company, in 1978 from Baro through Lokoja to Onitsha, Onya to Warri/Port Harcourt. Due to lack of maintenance, the entire dredged channel has silted up. If Nigeria cease to exist the channel will be fully dredge and maintain to accommodate bigger vessels, it's an international route and nobody will block any of the members of NBA from using, that's if Nigeria cease to exist. Your social media ranting, twisting and fabricating stories to suit your narratives can't change the fact that River Niger is an international waterway, I'm fully aware Imo River with the shortest route from the east to Sea is not yet international. waterway, but till then.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Marine54(m): 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
loopman:

You must be a clown! The Yorubas that I know will be glad to get rid of you from the SW the way the Ghanaians are trying to do.
But they left your region 1967 and declared thier republic, you fought for three yes and brought them back in the name of one Nigeria! Even now they're still asking out....

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Former U.S. Officials urge Biden to Back WTO's selection of Okonjo-Iweala / 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku / Why Nigerian Engineers Kick Against Planned Electricity Tariffs Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.