Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website (15191 Views)

Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf / Why Southeast Is Excluded From Our Interviews — PTDF / Osinbajo: Southeast Is A Strategic Industrial, Trade Hub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Bonessaw(m): 8:41am On Aug 19, 2020
UdechiHD:
You made a point. We are not landlocked. But please, Igboland is not Biafra. Biafra was a name given out of necessity by the old Eastern region that broke away from Nigeria. It never included Igbos in Benue, Kogi, Delta and Edo. The republic of Igboland/Ikenga/Alaigbo etc are names that connects with us. And this time, to be a wholly Igbo ethnic country. Biafra was never an Igbo nation and will never be. This was why it failed the last time in 1970, because you cannot form a country with people of different ideologies and way of life, else you open a window for grievance, complains and sabotage. Yet, stubborn clowns refused to understand this.

If the worst happens to Nigeria and we go our separate ways we'll go with a new name and new identity. Scammers and their servants should continue shouting Biafra for their narcissistic aims, but I and my family refuse to be part of it.
Gbam! Increase the volume make Ndi touts and illiterates hear. He whom the gods will destroy, they make mad.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by proeast(m): 8:52am On Aug 19, 2020
Guestlander:

No ocean going vessel will navigate any river to Onitsha, stop deceiving yourself.

Who told you so? If ocean going vessels can navigate the Danube then why do you think they can't navigate the Niger?

There is something you guys are not understanding. The shipping companies have different sizes of ships that go long distances for international trade. What determines the route they ply is the viability of such route. If there is a huge demand by importers for Onitsha as a final destination, the shipping companies will have no choice than to go to Onitsha. The shipping companies also face competition and if Company A fails to use a particular lucrative route then company B will take advantage of it and cash out.

12 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Malawian(m): 9:21am On Aug 19, 2020
proeast:

Why do they have to go to Onne when it can be brought to Onitsha port?
We are talking about using lagos port or not. By the way, have they cleared the sand fill they used for the construction of second Niger bridge, cos i dont see how barges will circumvent it on their way to the port in Onitsha.
Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by proeast(m): 9:22am On Aug 19, 2020
UdechiHD:
You made a point. We are not landlocked. But please, Igboland is not Biafra. Biafra was a name given out of necessity by the old Eastern region that broke away from Nigeria. It never included Igbos in Benue, Kogi, Delta and Edo. The republic of Igboland/Ikenga/Alaigbo etc are names that connects with us. And this time, to be a wholly Igbo ethnic country. Biafra was never an Igbo nation and will never be. This was why it failed the last time in 1970, because you cannot form a country with people of different ideologies and way of life, else you open a window for grievance, complains and sabotage. Yet, stubborn clowns refused to understand this.

If the worst happens to Nigeria and we go our separate ways we'll go with a new name and new identity. Scammers and their servants should continue shouting Biafra for their narcissistic aims, but I and my family refuse to be part of it.

Well, I understand your concerns and they're quite genuine. However, there are issues we really need to consider critically.

Firstly, the only way Nigeria can ever disintegrate is through foreign intervention. This is because the North will never accept it except they're forced to. Thus, when international bodies like the UN gets involved, they will only do so through the instrument of referendum. It is the referendum that will decide how the new nations will emerge. It is during such time that Igbos in Benue, Delta, Edo etc. will fight to join us or to remain where they're. That will be their choice to make.

Secondly, the UN does not endorse the creation of countries based on ethnicity alone. Other factors like geography, culture, historical affiliations etc. are also considered. When the British took over Nigeria, they considered most parts of SE and SS as same region. For instance, do you consider the logistical problems that will be created should Onitsha and Asaba be in different countries? What about areas around the borders of Abia, Imo and Rivers states? Considering that villages there are intertwined. Also, the UN is likely not going to endorse a proliferation of countries to emerge from Nigeria for obvious reasons, instead they will not want more than four countries to emerge from Nigeria.

Thirdly, whatever name we chose to go with shouldn't be a problem. Whether we go with Biafra or any other name is something that could be deliberated upon. I do not belong to any separatist group, rather my points are based on my opinion from deep thinking.

Lastly, in asmuch as our fates may be tied together in the SE and SS to an extent, we should never negotiate from a point of weakness. No part should feel like they are being railroaded to belong. Some people are trying to take advantage of that advocacy to make it look like we will depend on them for survival when in reality, it is not so.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by proeast(m): 9:37am On Aug 19, 2020
Malawian:

We are talking about using lagos port or not. By the way, have they cleared the sand fill they used for the construction of second Niger bridge, cos i dont see how barges will circumvent it on their way to the port in Onitsha.

This is a temporary issue that will be fixed in due time. Using Onne port is good but ultimately we will need ships to be berthing at Onitsha for our own good.

8 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by loopman: 9:45am On Aug 19, 2020
Exjoker:
Of course the south east is landlocked abi you wan tell me say Onitsha is situated alone the sea

The said because they have a share of River Niger, they are not landlocked grin cheesy

I’ve never seen people that engages in self-deceit like the Ibos grin

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Anambra1stS0n: 10:23am On Aug 19, 2020
loopman:

The said because they have a share of River Niger, they are not landlocked grin cheesy

I’ve never seen people that engages in self-deceit like the Ibos grin
Please tell me where River Niger which is international waterway empty We are even lucky to be among the closest tribes, from Atlantic Ocean after Delta next state is Anambra unlike north, like I said earlier River Niger is more important to north because that's the only river that link North to the Ocean

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by loopman: 10:27am On Aug 19, 2020
post=92984325:

Please tell me where River Niger which is international waterway empty We are even lucky to be among the closest tribes, from Atlantic Ocean after Delta next state is Anambra unlike north, like I said earlier River Niger is more important to north because that's the only river that link North to the Ocean

You keep missing the point. You should be more interested in the source of River Niger than how close you are to the Delta it empties into the sea.

You can’t control the source of the river neither can you control the exit into the ocean, you are just a mere passageway and you want to dredge and do as you wish with it? You are a clown.

7 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Anambra1stS0n: 10:34am On Aug 19, 2020
loopman:

You keep missing the point. You should be more interested in the source of River Niger than how close you are to the Delta it empties into the sea.
I asked if River Niger not an international waterway Then what was the agreement on the River, you are a Yoruba man not Delta or North that we share the water with, what's your headache

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by loopman: 10:54am On Aug 19, 2020
post=92984647:

I asked if River Niger not an international waterway Then what was the agreement on the River, you are a Yoruba man not Delta or North that we share the water with, what's your headache

Why are you sounding obtuse ?

As long as you want to come and lie on Nairaland, we will always call it out just so you don’t confuse impressionable younger folks here.

Like I told you earlier on, if you want to lie to make yourself feel good with your fellow Ibos, take your lie out of Nairaland and go and lie to yourselves in your rubbish Biafraland websites.

If you think it’s that easy, why is Baro port still the way it is?

River Niger passed through many other countries before getting to Nigeria, other countries can do as they like with it before getting here thus can render the river practically useless for any ocean going vessel activity

I wish it’s that easy as you want it, we genuinely want to get rid of you from the SW so that you will stop using the port as an excuse to keep migrating unabatedly to the place.

6 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Igboid: 10:55am On Aug 19, 2020
post=92984647:

His headache is hate. They are full of hate, demonic disposition and envy, the very bane of black people.
He is more interested in how to hold Igbos down than on how to uplift Yorubas.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by loopman: 10:57am On Aug 19, 2020
Igboid:

His headache is hate. They are full of hate, demonic disposition and envy, the very bane of black people.
He is more interested in how to hold Igbos down than on how to uplift Yorubas.

That is what is going on in your head.

If you Ibos want everyone to think like you do, go to your nonsense Biafraland website, you all will have a unidirectional kind of opinion

As long as you are in a Yoruba and Nigeria owned website, you will come across different shade of opinions that won’t appeal to your sensibilities

It is what it is..no hard feelings whatsoever

6 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Anambra1stS0n: 11:05am On Aug 19, 2020
loopman:

Abia is even more closer to the sea than Anambra, but because Imo River isn't international waterway that's why much is not being discuss about Imo River, North want to have access to the sea, this is one area north and east shares common interests

8 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by loopman: 11:27am On Aug 19, 2020
post=92985726:

Abia is even more closer to the sea than Anambra, but because Imo River isn't international waterway that's why much is not being discuss about Imo River, North want to have access to the sea, this is one area north and east shares common interests

Good luck to your common interest grin

Why have we not been seeing tangible results of this “common interest”? grin abi it’s the fault of the almighty Yorubas as usual?

If Ibo land is not landlocked, then Northern Nigeria is not landlocked

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by loopman: 11:41am On Aug 19, 2020
has disappeared again to go and scout for more random pictures of vessels and barges on a River grin cheesy grin cheesy

The other “Yorubas are jealous” crew members have all turned to onlookers

Bunch of morons grin

5 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Anambra1stS0n: 11:53am On Aug 19, 2020
loopman:

Good luck to your common interest grin

Why have we not been seeing tangible results of this “common interest”? grin abi it’s the fault of the almighty Yorubas as usual?

If Ibo land is not landlocked, then Northern Nigeria is not landlocked
You guys hope on milking others to sustain yourselves gradually diminishing.

We are loving the revolution going on in eastern ports and activation of River ports both in the east and north

9 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by loopman: 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2020
post=92987372:

We are loving the revolution going on in eastern ports and activation of River ports both in the east and north

Nobody is milking you. Stop the victimization card.

Truth is if Igbos truly have access to sea, you could have done better during the civil war.

Your international trade will always be at the mercy of at best, the minorities of Eastern Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Guestlander: 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2020
loopman:

Stop posting and boring us with random pictures populated from internet, show us how River Niger will connect from the Atlantic Ocean to Onitsha.

All these insults, academics and gymnastics ko necessary

Thank you jare. Insult laden replies without telling us exactly how the ship will navigate from the ocean to Onitsha.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Guestlander: 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2020
post=92987372:

Milking you how? The revenue from Lagos ports goes to the federation account which it is then shared by all the states. Who then is Milking whom?

5 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by NGpatriot: 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
post=92978231:

Dumbo follow Budapest Port

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/82

1. I keep telling you, I'm not mumu that you fool like your fellow Igbos, that ship can not go anywhere near the Danube, it was a stock picture that shipping companies use for internet adverts.

2. The link you posted for the Budapest port clearly listed the ships they have on port, they are all barges, not a single ocean sailing vessel.

3. The Danube is not even deep enough for large barges talk less Ocean ships.

You are a liar, fraud and con artist.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by horsepower102: 2:11pm On Aug 19, 2020
post=92987372:

Their days are numbered.

Igbos never ask for unfair advantage. They always ask for a level playing field for everyone regardless of their background.

But the Yorubas and Hausa see a level playing field with igbos as instant defeat. So they always have to make policies that are tilted in their favor.

The only reason that we are having this conversation is that shipping companies got tired of the congestion and started threatening to pull out. If not we will hit 400 million in population and still be shipping only from one port.

10 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by loopman: 2:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
horsepower102:

Their days are numbered.

Igbos never ask for unfair advantage. They always ask for a level playing field for everyone regardless of their background.

But the Yorubas and Hausa see a level playing field with igbos as instant defeat. So they always have to make policies that are tilted in their favor.

The only reason that we are having this conversation is that shipping companies got tired of the congestion and started threatening to pull out. If not we will hit 400 million in population and still be shipping only from one port.

You so much believe in level playing field that you are begging both APC and PDP to zone Presidential tickets to you.

Ogbeni, keep quiet with baseless noice making grin

4 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Anambra1stS0n: 2:51pm On Aug 19, 2020
NGpatriot:

1. I keep telling you, I'm not mumu that you fool like your fellow Igbos, that ship can not go anywhere near the Danube, it was a stock picture that shipping companies use for internet adverts.

2. The link you posted for the Budapest port clearly listed the ships they have on port, they are all barges, not a single ocean sailing vessel.

grin grin

Cargo vessels on Savannah River

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y_RUMYOBu4

Vessel on Danube River

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhybUnFsPtA

8 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Anambra1stS0n: 2:55pm On Aug 19, 2020
NGpatriot:

grin grin
Dumbo you stated earlier that Cargo vessel can't sail in River

Below is Delaware River

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbetmH6LhcY

7 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Gabkosh: 2:56pm On Aug 19, 2020
Jlow2:
I think the man that ate rat poison should be in better position to answer that
Yet, his rotten bone still better and has value which your living father lacks. Spit.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Anambra1stS0n: 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2020

5 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by NGpatriot: 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2020
[s]
post=92993332:

Cargo vessels on Savannah River

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y_RUMYOBu4

Vessel on Danube River

[/s]

I din't ask you for bait and switch, I was talking about the fake picture you stole from the internet that you said came from Danube river.

Stop lying and trying to fool people with your fake rubbish, and when we trash your lies, you go and pull up irrelevant rubbish to cover your lies.

I'm not here for your con games, save it for your fellow ipob mumu people.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by NGpatriot: 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
post=92993332:

Vessel on Danube River

This is not ocean sailing vessel, it's a flat bed ship used to tow or carry broken down barges as shown in the video you posted.

You can not fool me with your gimmicks.

These are the barges on the port's website that you posted, they are all barges.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by NGpatriot: 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2020
[s]
post=92993460:

Dumbo you stated earlier that Cargo vessel can't sail in River

Below is Delaware River
https:/
[/s]

Your onisha village is not Delaware, stop the appe and orange comparison.

Ocean sailing cargo vessel can not sail to your onisha village river landing..

Fact.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by NGpatriot: 3:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
post=92987372:

Lekki Deep Seaport, Lagos SW Nigeria. Largest in West Africa= Checked

Dangote refinery, largest single refinery complex in the world, Lagos SW Nigeria = Checked

Dangote fertilizer plant, largest fertilizer plant in the WORLD, Lagos SW Nigeria -Checked

Dangote petrochemical plant, Largest in Africa, Lagos, SW Nigeria. = Checked

Lekki Free Trade Zone, Largest in Africa, Lagos, SW Nigeria = Checked

While you're sitting there dreaming about imaginary future, the SW is already a million miles ahead.

No region outside the SW can check what's in the above quote in a million years.

Please, stay in your village level, we are not mates.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Gabkosh: 3:40pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hellraiser77:
What brought your toothless Amotekun here with their Manual pump action gun cheesy, Dunce!!
Atleast, shame me with your toothful security outfit with machine gun. Not to just be doing fasting and prayers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website by Jlow2: 3:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
Gabkosh:
Yet, his rotten bone still better and has value which your living father lacks. Spit.
the bones re inconsequential talk of his generation that was used to trick ur race and has been turned to ordinary commisoner

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigeria Doctors Honour Godwin Maduka At The Centenary Dinner Anniversary In Abuj / Dele Farotimi: I Will Support Peter Obi In The 2023 Elections / Atiku Cooked Up Allegations Against Me, Tinubu Tells Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.