Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,317 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues (34897 Views)

Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism / Messi Criticizes Eric Abidal For Saying Barca Players Don't Work Hard / "Everyone Knows When Leo Messi Is Angry" - Barcelona Football Director Abidal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by lexy2014: 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
spayor:
1- busquet
2- pique
3-rakitic
4- jordi alba
5- Suarez
6- vidal

all these players no get speed to catch up with all diz young blood again

Is it because of these players that Bayern scored 9 and Barca was only able to score one? Does Messi still have d speed?
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by Saltzman00: 11:17pm On Aug 18, 2020
lexy2014:

Is it because of these players that Bayern scored 9 and Barca was only able to score one? Does Messi still have d speed?
nope he dosent but theres no player on planet earth with a better pass accuracy dribble assist and goal scoring stat thank him even at 32...live with it
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by Saltzman00: 11:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
Meeyankee:

I think pep brought pique from man united because Barca has already sold pique to Man U be rijkard left.
pique was never sold ...he wan on loan through out his stay in Manchester
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by lexy2014: 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2020
Saltzman00:
nope he dosent but theres no player on planet earth with a better pass accuracy dribble assist and goal scoring stat thank him even at 32...live with it

If u are acknowledging that Messi doesn't have speed, that means u are negating d theory of d other gentleman that d following players - busquet, pique, rakitic, jordi alba, Suarez, vidal need to be offloaded because they don't have speed. That's what d discussion is about and not whether he scored 32goals or not. And if u notice, no one is talking about d 32goals. Everyone is talking about d 2-8 scoreline
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by spayor(m): 11:27pm On Aug 18, 2020
lexy2014:

the answer to your both questions is YES....We lack the speed and intensity to match up those bayern players...bros take your time to observe all the teams doing well in Europe at present, you'll discorver that they are youthful teams with limited number of old players
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by lexy2014: 11:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
spayor:
the answer to your both questions is YES....We lack the speed and intensity to match up those bayern players...bros take your time to observe all the teams doing well in Europe at present, you'll discorver that they are youthful teams with limited number of old players

Based on ur theory, Lille or Chelsea should have won their respective leagues and d other major European club competitions. With all Ajax youth, where did they get up to in d champions league this season?
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by spayor(m): 12:04am On Aug 19, 2020
lexy2014:

Based on ur theory, Lille or Chelsea should have won their respective leagues and d other major European club competitions
well, I don't know how you people argue sometimes.. you can have many brilliant students in a class but only one of them still come out first. I want you to list out the old players in the following teams and compare them to barca's
1 liverpool
2 mancity
3 bayern
4 ajax
5 Lyon
6 PSG...e.t.c...bros football don pass to rely on experience now... a good team needs that youthful energy to compliment the experience of ur older players
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by lexy2014: 12:10am On Aug 19, 2020
spayor:
well, I don't know how you people argue sometimes.. you can have many brilliant students in a class but only one of them still come out first. I want you to list out the old players in the following teams and compare them to barca's
1 liverpool
2 mancity
3 bayern
4 ajax
5 Lyon
6 PSG...e.t.c...bros football don pass to rely on experience now... a good team needs that youthful energy to compliment the experience of ur older players

Oga, u are d one who formulated a theory and am agreeing with it I dont no d argument u are referring to. according to your theory:

"...bros take your time to observe all the teams doing well in Europe at present, you'll discorver that they are youthful teams with limited number of old players".

Take note of where u said "..all the teams...".

Going by your theory, that means Chelsea& Lille should be d best clubs in Europe. And Ajax shouldn't have dropped out in d group stage of d UCL.
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by spayor(m): 12:23am On Aug 19, 2020
lexy2014:

Oga, u are d one who formulated a theory and am agreeing with it I dont no d argument u are referring to. according to your theory:

"...bros take your time to observe all the teams doing well in Europe at present, you'll discorver that they are youthful teams with limited number of old players".

Take note of where u said "..all the teams...".

Going by your theory, that means Chelsea& Lille should be d best clubs in Europe. And Ajax shouldn't have dropped out in d group stage of d UCL.
so if I stated that 'all the teams that are doing well are youthful teams with few old players in them'. why not channel your arguement towards the top 5 leagues and see for ursef the teams that are really doing well?..must u single out only two teams?... mind you, chealsea is building a new team...so oga, wetin I dey explain be say...take time check all the teams wey really dey play well...na young players full dem...I no even mention winning the league oh...you did...
but lets check...
LA liga winner averagely young team
EPL winner young team
bundesliga winner young team
seria A old maybe old team
eredisive winner young team
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by Saltzman00: 12:37am On Aug 19, 2020
lexy2014:

If u are acknowledging that Messi doesn't have speed, that means u are negating d theory of d other gentleman that d following players - busquet, pique, rakitic, jordi alba, Suarez, vidal need to be offloaded because they don't have speed. That's what d discussion is about and not whether he scored 32goals or not. And if u notice, no one is talking about d 32goals. Everyone is talking about d 2-8 scoreline
messi doesn't run like a 20years old anymore but like i said he still brings more than any other footballer on planet earth right now in terms of vission passes assist playmaking dribbles experience and goals what have the other old legs got to offer?
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by lexy2014: 12:38am On Aug 19, 2020
spayor:
so if I stated that 'all the teams that are doing well are youthful teams with few old players in them'. why not channel your arguement towards the top 5 leagues and see for ursef the teams that are really doing well?..must u single out only two teams?... mind you, chealsea is building a new team...so oga, wetin I dey explain be say...take time check all the teams wey really dey play well...na young players full dem...I no even mention winning the league oh...you did...
but lets check...
LA liga winner averagely young team
EPL winner young team
bundesliga winner young team
seria A old maybe old team
eredisive winner young team

U are d one who formulated a theory and u are running away from d theory. A theory is
"a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained".

This means that it is universal. But here u are trying to handpick and apply ur theory on areas that buttresses ur point & avoid areas that don't. What kind of theory is that? U can't be blaming me for your lack of foresight in formulating ur theory. I repeat, going by ur theory, Chelsea whether it is building or not, ought to have won a European championship. Lille ought to have also won something on d continent. Same thing with Ajax who dropped out in d group stage
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by lexy2014: 12:41am On Aug 19, 2020
Saltzman00:
messi doesn't run like a 20years old anymore but like i said he still brings more than any other footballer on planet earth right now in terms of vission passes assist playmaking dribbles experience and goals what have the other old legs got to offer?

Going by what u are saying especially ur last question or sentence, Messi should be d only player on d field for Barcelona
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by Saltzman00: 12:48am On Aug 19, 2020
lexy2014:

Going by what u are saying especially ur last question or sentence, Messi should be d only player on d field for Barcelona
i can see youre intentionally just trying to bring on arguments....Ronaldinho zidan deco recoba rivaldo figo were known for there eye for goals play making vission assist and passes ....so each of them played without the remaining 10players ment to play a football game right?....your qustions are beginning to soun more like jokes now
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by spayor(m): 12:51am On Aug 19, 2020
lexy2014:

U are d one who formulated a theory and u are running away from d theory. A theory is
"a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained".

This means that it is universal. But here u are trying to handpick and apply ur theory on areas that buttresses ur point & avoid areas that don't. What kind of theory is that? U can't be blaming me for your lack of foresight in formulating ur theory. I repeat, going by ur theory, Chelsea whether it is building or not, ought to have won a European championship. Lille ought to have also won something on d continent. Same thing with Ajax who dropped out in d group stage
well I guess only whatever it is you are serving can make u to understand my point. or maybe you do but you just wanna argue...in the gathering of many brilliant students, some will still stand out... therefore, chealsea and ajax teams can be made up of youths but when they play against another better youthful team, they cud loose
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by lexy2014: 12:53am On Aug 19, 2020
Saltzman00:
i can see youre intentionally just trying to bring on arguments....Ronaldinho zidan deco recoba rivaldo figo were known for there eye for goals play making vission assist and passes ....so each of them played without the remaining 10players ment to play a football game right?....your qustions are beginning to soun more like jokes now

According to u in ur last sentence:

"what have the other old legs got to offer?"

That means, he should be d only one playing for Barcelona. Don't u agree?
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by lexy2014: 12:54am On Aug 19, 2020
spayor:
well I guess only whatever it is you are serving can make u to understand my point. or maybe you do but you just wanna argue...in the gathering of many brilliant students, some will still stand out... therefore, chealsea and ajax teams can be made up of youths but when they play against another better youthful team, they cud loose

A theory is a universal statement which applies in all situations and at all times. Like d law of gravity. And u said "...all the teams doing well in Europe...".

U are just a victim of your choice of words. So u don't need to blame me for that
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by Saltzman00: 1:04am On Aug 19, 2020
lexy2014:

According to u in ur last sentence:

"what have the other old legs got to offer?"

That means, he should be d only one playing for Barcelona. Don't u agree?
yes meaning they are as good as useless and should be sold with immediate effect for yonger players to come in ....nothing else matters
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by spayor(m): 1:05am On Aug 19, 2020
lexy2014:

A theory is a universal statement which applies in all situations and at all times. Like d law of gravity. And u said "...all the teams doing well in Europe...".

U are just a victim of your choice of words. So u don't need to blame me for that
shalom...sleep well...atleast you understand my point and you agree with my first comment that barca need to sell all the old players in other to build a new team
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by lexy2014: 1:34am On Aug 19, 2020
spayor:
shalom...sleep well...atleast you understand my point and you agree with my first comment that barca need to sell all the old players in other to build a new team

Yes i understand ur point which was further aided by ur theory which says:

"...all the teams doing well in Europe at present, you'll discorver that they are youthful teams...".

Going by this theory, Chelsea, Lille should have done better than they did locally & in Europe. Also Ajax shouldn't have dropped out of d UCL in d group stage. So in d end, ur theory negated your comment that d problem of Barca is it's ageing players
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by lexy2014: 1:37am On Aug 19, 2020
Saltzman00:
yes meaning they are as good as useless and should be sold with immediate effect for yonger players to come in ....nothing else matters

D same thing we are saying. We are saying that Messi should have been d only player playing for Barca in d just concluded season. And he should be d only player playing for Barca in d upcoming season
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by spayor(m): 2:00am On Aug 19, 2020
lexy2014:

Yes i understand ur point which was further aided by ur theory which says:

"...all the teams doing well in Europe at present, you'll discorver that they are youthful teams...".

Going by this theory, Chelsea, Lille should have done better than they did locally & in Europe. Also Ajax shouldn't have dropped out of d UCL in d group stage. So in d end, ur theory negated your comment that d problem of Barca is it's ageing players
bros bliv me, u have no point arguing with me for making the sentence ' all the teams doing well in Europe are youthful teams'...did I say 'every youthful team must do well?...no. I never said that... but my point was, if u notice the teams doing well in Europe, they are all youth team with some experienced players...the fact that I said all the teams doing well in Europe are made of young players doesn't mean that there won't be exception...but can you name any team in Europe filled with old players and they are doing extremely fine?
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by Saltzman00: 2:01am On Aug 19, 2020
lexy2014:

D same thing we are saying. We are saying that Messi should have been d only player playing for Barca in d just concluded season. And he should be d only player playing for Barca in d upcoming season
good night ....i guess you do comedy a lot. ...thumps up ....be good
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by lexy2014: 2:07am On Aug 19, 2020
spayor:
bros bliv me, u have no point arguing with me for making the sentence ' all the teams doing well in Europe are youthful teams'...did I say 'every youthful team must do well?...no. I never said that... but my point was, if u notice the teams doing well in Europe, they are all youth team with some experienced players...the fact that I said all the teams doing well in Europe are made of young players doesn't mean that there won't be exception...but can you name any team in Europe filled with old players and they are doing extremely fine?

Your statement that "...all the teams doing well in Europe at present, you'll discorver that they are youthful teams..." was meant to support your case that barcas problem was it's ageing squad. Now if ur theory that age is d problem of Barca& youth is d solution, that means young squads like Chelsea, Lille and Ajax that I mentioned should have done better than Barca on all levels in d season gone by
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by lexy2014: 2:20am On Aug 19, 2020
Saltzman00:
good night ....i guess you do comedy a lot. ...thumps up ....be good

Am following ur line of reasoning. because if u say about half of d Barca first team are as good as useless, then Messi should have been d only one on d pitch in d last season and in d coming season. Or is it only Messi that can do everything?
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by pquaver(m): 3:03am On Aug 19, 2020
WeedSeller:
Every actions taken with anger doesn't always end well.
Nob the coach or Eric get issue.
You see bartomeu and them Alba, pique, Sergio, rakitic, Suarez just dey catch cruise on their legendary level. Their zeal don finish. That Bayern left back little boy called Davies na beast. Has similar solo take on confidence features like ansu fati/ puig / dembele /de jong.
Na to reform BÅrca launch All of them off. They Don too tey abeg. embarassed
you say abidal is not the problem? Pls can you tell me 1 successful purchase he has made just 1?
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by Auxigen(m): 4:07am On Aug 19, 2020
GeoandSonsHub:
Messi Messi Messi
I 8-2 say this but You are both Barca's problem and Solution, Not Abidal

If you leave, Automatically Barca turns to Spanish version of AC Milan grin

Shut DAT tin you call a mouth there
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by Sabbatical(m): 6:57am On Aug 19, 2020
I’m a little marveled about how people argue here on this platform. How would a football enthusiast in his right senses say Messi is the problem of Barca?. Like.. do you watch ball at all? Apparently, such people only watch Barca’s champions league’s semi Finals and thought they’ve known it all. Abeg you should all face your team. Like they even have any player that currently play better than Messi in their team/s. One idiot was even saying Messi didn’t allow Neymar to shine...smh. Stick your gibberish to your throat abeg.
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by Beverlyjean(f): 7:29am On Aug 19, 2020
Saltzman00:
i wasnt referring to tiki taka but the introduction of false 9 brought in by gurdiola in his first ever clasico in charge or the senior team ....go on youtub the documentries are there for u to watch theres really no need to argue about it ...how can immobile be bettet than messi cos he scored how many goals lol funny u....so lampard was a better player than zidane because he scored more goals ?...anyways sorry i referred to you as a bro lol ps:rijkaard never played a false 9 with bacerlona ..Ronaldinho who is a natural attacking midfielder was converted to a winger eto played as a central foward that he his and guilly played on the right wing...there wasnt a false 9 ....pep had a secret training with his front 3 a day to el classico and told them his intentions eto and henry were to run on the flanks while messi drags defenders to himself from the right wing were he starts and then play eto or henry in ...the final score was 6-2 i think...madrid never saw that coming ....

Defeating real madrid is no much big deal... pep did well...Rijkaard gave barca and messi confidence ...it was under Rijkaard that messi scored his only hat trick against Madrid... it was also under Rijkaard that dinho destroyed madrid and the bernabeu and he got the standing ovation ... building the confidence of a team is the major duty of a coach and its the most difficult thing to achieve especially if they are low in confidence...
You can't compare a coach that took charge of a team that had won the CL 2 yrs prior to when he took charge to one that took charge of a team that had not won it or appeared in a final for 14 yrs and languishing in 15th on the table ... so forget ooo... just imagine if Liverpool dwindles in form next season and the season after that and they now sack klopp and Gerrard takes over and they win the CL again and league title back to back ...ud now say Gerrard was the one that made what Liverpool are now , forgetting that a klopp started the movement and built their confidence... respect to Rijkaard cos maybe barca wud hv been a finished club if guadiola was the one that took charge in 03 when barca was weak... he still hold the record for longest wins in the CL for barca...

And yes, immobile outperformed messi this season, zidane wasn't a goal scorer, he was a midfielder...messi is a striker , u guys should quit that midfield player crap... he paired with suarez all season...playing deep doesn't automatically make him a permanent midfield player
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by shugabasbn: 7:42am On Aug 19, 2020
� fire manager, director because of employee
Barca needs to be sacked
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by magzey: 8:23am On Aug 19, 2020
I just dey laff In Madrid dialect grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by Saltzman00: 8:26am On Aug 19, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Defeating real madrid is no much big deal... pep did well...Rijkaard gave barca and messi confidence ...it was under Rijkaard that messi scored his only hat trick against Madrid... it was also under Rijkaard that dinho destroyed madrid and the bernabeu and he got the standing ovation ... building the confidence of a team is the major duty of a coach and its the most difficult thing to achieve especially if they are low in confidence...
You can't compare a coach that took charge of a team that had won the CL 2 yrs prior to when he took charge to one that took charge of a team that had not won it or appeared in a final for 14 yrs and languishing in 15th on the table ... so forget ooo... just imagine if Liverpool dwindles in form next season and the season after that and they now sack klopp and Gerrard takes over and they win the CL again and league title back to back ...ud now say Gerrard was the one that made what Liverpool are now , forgetting that a klopp started the movement and built their confidence... respect to Rijkaard cos maybe barca wud hv been a finished club if guadiola was the one that took charge in 03 when barca was weak... he still hold the record for longest wins in the CL for barca...

And yes, immobile outperformed messi this season, zidane wasn't a goal scorer, he was a midfielder...messi is a striker , u guys should quit that midfield player crap... he paired with suarez all season...playing deep doesn't automatically make him a permanent midfield player
i can swear with my life as a human that you dont knoe what you're talking about...what did barcelona end up with that season ? NOTHING not even second on laliga ucl semi final copa semifinals. ..which coach on earth would let go of players like deco Ronaldinho eto thiago motta yaya toure who became a beast in city and even ibrahimovic. ..for players likr pedro messi iniesta who wasnt even a starter xavi who hardly plays then too and busquet...you even said beaten the team with the most expensive and world star players wasnt a big deal!!!...Rijkaard gave messi confidence? How many matches did messi play under him...compared to pep that built his team and hope around messi...i rest my case
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by Ayobami7(m): 8:31am On Aug 19, 2020
okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dejo Fayemi Is Dead (photos) / The Yobo's & The Enyeama's Step Out For Church. / Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.