Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,646 members, 7,823,831 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues (34900 Views)

Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism / Messi Criticizes Eric Abidal For Saying Barca Players Don't Work Hard / "Everyone Knows When Leo Messi Is Angry" - Barcelona Football Director Abidal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by Saltzman00: 8:31am On Aug 19, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Defeating real madrid is no much big deal... pep did well...Rijkaard gave barca and messi confidence ...it was under Rijkaard that messi scored his only hat trick against Madrid... it was also under Rijkaard that dinho destroyed madrid and the bernabeu and he got the standing ovation ... building the confidence of a team is the major duty of a coach and its the most difficult thing to achieve especially if they are low in confidence...
You can't compare a coach that took charge of a team that had won the CL 2 yrs prior to when he took charge to one that took charge of a team that had not won it or appeared in a final for 14 yrs and languishing in 15th on the table ... so forget ooo... just imagine if Liverpool dwindles in form next season and the season after that and they now sack klopp and Gerrard takes over and they win the CL again and league title back to back ...ud now say Gerrard was the one that made what Liverpool are now , forgetting that a klopp started the movement and built their confidence... respect to Rijkaard cos maybe barca wud hv been a finished club if guadiola was the one that took charge in 03 when barca was weak... he still hold the record for longest wins in the CL for barca...

And yes, immobile outperformed messi this season, zidane wasn't a goal scorer, he was a midfielder...messi is a striker , u guys should quit that midfield player crap... he paired with suarez all season...playing deep doesn't automatically make him a permanent midfield player
i can swear with my life as a human that you dont knoe what you're talking about...what did barcelona end up with that season ? NOTHING not even second on laliga ucl semi final copa semifinals. ..which coach on earth would let go of players like deco Ronaldinho eto thiago motta yaya toure who became a beast in city and even ibrahimovic. ..for players likr pedro messi iniesta who wasnt even a starter xavi who hardly plays then too and busquet...you even said beaten the team with the most expensive and world star players wasnt a big deal!!!...Rijkaard gave messi confidence? How many matches did messi play under him...compared to pep that built his team and hope around messi...who ever told you messi is a striker lol would agree with me that players like arjen robben Ronaldinho rivaldo joe cole myrez sterlin sancho william benardo silva quarema nani douglas costa frank ribery eden hazard etc are al strikers right after all they all play in the front three of the attack ..funny people would say anything to discredit messi ...lol
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by Beverlyjean(f): 8:55am On Aug 19, 2020
Saltzman00:
i can swear with my life as a human that you dont knoe what you're talking about...what did barcelona end up with that season ? NOTHING not even second on laliga ucl semi final copa semifinals. ..which coach on earth would let go of players like deco Ronaldinho eto thiago motta yaya toure who became a beast in city and even ibrahimovic. ..for players likr pedro messi iniesta who wasnt even a starter xavi who hardly plays then too and busquet...you even said beaten the team with the most expensive and world star players wasnt a big deal!!!...Rijkaard gave messi confidence? How many matches did messi play under him...compared to pep that built his team and hope around messi...who ever told you messi is a striker lol would agree with me that players like arjen robben Ronaldinho rivaldo joe cole myrez sterlin sancho william benardo silva quarema nani douglas costa frank ribery eden hazard etc are al strikers right after all they all play in the front three of the attack ..funny people would say anything to discredit messi ...lol

For u to have said iniesta and xavi were not starters simply shows I was wasting my time on a novice ... even as a messi fan that u say , u dint know messi had injury problems at the beginning of his career.. I'm done, cos u must b a beer parlour analyst
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by Saltzman00: 9:33am On Aug 19, 2020
Beverlyjean:

For u to have said iniesta and xavi were not starters simply shows I was wasting my time on a novice ... even as a messi fan that u say , u dint know messi had injury problems at the beginning of his career.. I'm done, cos u must b a beer parlour analyst
madam bbc sport analysts please when did you start following of watching barcelona play...i started following barcelona fully 2001i use to be a bolton wanderer supporter before then ...YES iniesta and xavi were not starters dont open your mouth and spill rubbish...xavi became a starter after Ronaldinhos first season when he was then moved to the left wing , before then it was Ronaldinho as an attackng midfielder deco as s central midfielder and vanbomel or marqez as a dm...xavi came in as a starter when dinho was moved to the left...messi injury came in the ucl agaisnt chelsea when he clashed with del horno...prior to that game he had only played 6 or 7 matches that season under rijkaard so whats your argument about...abeg shift jare...madam bbc sport analysts....na google dey help people like you ...how many barcelona matches did you watch live from 2001 till date mtcheewww...ps:can you imagine so iniesta was a starter benching who na ?...Ronaldinho on the left wing or deco van bomel or marquez in the middle or the park or guily and saviola who also came most times on the right wing ...better go and watch youtube videos very well na the only thing wey fit help you be that...hair dressing saloon analysts
Re: Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues by Jaybeth(m): 8:34pm On Aug 19, 2020
Well said and spot on

Very foolish club... messi ain't no better than Ronaldinho...Ronaldinho carried a barca that had not won CL in 14 yrs to victory , alongside eto puyol and deco ... but were all sold cos age started to show ...luckily for them, there was a messi , iniesta, xavi , busquet, Pedro , pique that carried the mantle passed to them by those great elders..couple with new experienced buys like dani Alves, villa, zambrotta and Eric abidal to stabilise the team ... Ronaldinho never controlled the board or coach ... barcas problems started when they brought in Ibrahimovic to replace eto as a response to real madrid buying cr7 ... now the top scorer competition was meant to b between ronaldo and Ibrahimovic but messi insisted that he wanted Ibrahimovics position so that he messi cud compete with ronaldo... that was the reason Ibrahimovic left after just one year ... messi has been controlling the team since then and now the chicken has come home to roost .... the moment xavi , iniesta , Dani alves and Neymar left , they became irrelevant in Europe and it was just a matter of time before they wud start to 4k up the league as well.... messi tot he cud do it alone... players that cudnt shine at barca cos of messi ... sanchez, Ibrahimovic, Neymar , dembele, coutinho, greizmann , paco alcacer, mention a few ...these players dint do ultimately well at barca but did exceptionally well b4 they joined or after they left ... when messi don't want u , ud automatically flop at barca

Now because of he wants to control entirely , the club is now in ruins ...no replacements, no youth player ... if Ronaldinho had messis attitude, messi would hv faded away... [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Yobo's & The Enyeama's Step Out For Church. / Danilo Feliciano de Moraes Is Dead, Son Of Cafu Dies Of Heart Attack / Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.