Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? (452 Views)

What Can I Do To This Feeling? / Can Someone Explain The Feeling Of Disgust, Remorse And Disdain After Sex.? / Simphood Hall Of Shame. Update! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? by Rtk5: 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
Few days back I posted how my wife left the house after a little issue & since then she hasn't come back but 95% of her belongings are still in my house... Technically I think we're now divorced, but i feel so ashamed & have guilt to even go out of the compound or walk in the streeet as if i did something very bad. Nobody knows about the issue & people have been asking after her, I've been telling them she traveled but I don't know what to say anymore. Some people that saw her when she was leaving said she just told them she was going for weekend that's why they've been asking why she's not back. Yesterday my neigbour met me & asked for my wife's phone number to call & hear from her of which I gave. But I didn't ask her about their conversation so she won't suspect anything. Sincerely this divorce is causing me serious shame, I didn't send her out of the house. I know people are beginning to suspect something.
Re: Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? by GboyegaD(m): 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2020
Shame over what? Why are you not reaching her? Do you want out yourself?
Re: Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? by Finnese001: 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
Rtk5:
Few days back I posted how my wife left the house after a little issue & since then she hasn't come back but 95% of her belongings are still in my house... Technically I think we're now divorced, but i feel so ashamed & have guilt to even go out of the compound or walk in the streeet as if i did something very bad. Nobody knows about the issue & people have been asking after her, I've been telling them she traveled but I don't know what to say anymore. Some people that saw her when she was leaving said she just told them she was going for weekend that's why they've been asking why she's not back. Yesterday my neigbour met me & asked for my wife's phone number to call & hear from her of which I gave. But I didn't ask her about their conversation so she won't suspect anything. Sincerely this divorce is causing me serious shame, I didn't send her out of the house. I know people are beginning to suspect something.

Lol, your wife don go do strong thing grin
Re: Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? by Rtk5: 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
GboyegaD:
Shame over what? Why are you not reaching her? Do you want out yourself?
I didn't reach out to her because I've done that like twice before & besides I didn't send her out of the house.... I'm just waiting to see how it ends, if she would cone back or come to pack her belongings.
Re: Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? by Rtk5: 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2020
Finnese001:

Lol, your wife don go do strong thing grin
How? I'm sure she's at her mother's place... but nine has reached out to me, I won't reach out to them at all since I've done that before.
Re: Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? by Finnese001: 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
Rtk5:
How? I'm sure she's at her mother's place... but nine has reached out to me, I won't reach out to them at all since I've done that before.

Maybe they have taken your name and picture to one prophet

Reason for the feeling
Re: Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? by skillmyman(m): 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2020
bros,
dont be childish.
you married her did you not?
be matured enough to say am sorry and move on with life.
If she was your younger sister , will you not look out for her?

A broken marriage is the fault of the man because he is the
head of the home. you shld understand your wife and
handle her will understanding.

Abeg, forget pride, go and beg her and end the feud.
it is not necessary

1 Like

Re: Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? by GboyegaD(m): 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
Rtk5:
I didn't reach out to her because I've done that like twice before & besides I didn't send her out of the house.... I'm just waiting to see how it ends, if she would cone back or come to pack her belongings.

You guys need real counselling and therapy. If you guys are tired, tell each other and move on instead of draining yourselves unnecessarily. It doesn't seem there's much issues here though except for immaturity on both end.
Re: Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? by Rtk5: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
skillmyman:
bros,
dont be childish.

it is not necessary
. bros, I've done that the last time we had issue ooo, this time around she just left with my child when I went to work. It's almost two weeks now she hasn't reached out to me, neither has her family. The mother supports her on every issue even without hearing from me. Why must I always be the one to reach out?
Re: Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? by Rtk5: 4:48pm On Aug 18, 2020
GboyegaD:

You guys need real counselling and therapy. If you guys are tired, tell each other and move on instead of draining yourselves unnecessarily. It doesn't seem there's much issues here though except for immaturity on both end.
You're right, there's no much issue at all, in fact its as good as there's no issue at all sef. Its really draining me cos I love her, but any attempt for me to reach out to her will make her repeat that again in the future cos she has done that before.
Re: Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? by Oluromantic: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2020
You pay the rent. Right? Stay there till it's over except you have a friend's place to alternate your stay at one or two days interval. Once the rent is over, prepare to go rent somewhere else. Simple
Re: Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? by swiz123(m): 4:54pm On Aug 18, 2020
Your wife is just being a baby. Trust me, she doesn't know what she is doing. My neighbour's wife used to do that a lot before started reasoning better.

Some women behave like kids who won't stop crying until you say sorry.

Since the quarrel you guys had isn't that serious, she probably wants to sweet talked to come back. She wants to feel like she used to feel when you sweet-talked her when you guys were dating.

Just don't ride on the same boat triviality with her cos you should know better than that. Call her and joke over it; ask her how long she wants you to be eating out --- how long she wants you to look single.

Doing the above won't make you a simp like some keyboard warriors would make you believe, it would be you showing character in knowing when to do the right thing.

However, be careful. She could easily think that being childish is normal. So caution her when she returns; make her understand that she is no longer a teenager and shouldn't behave like one
Re: Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? by Rtk5: 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
Oluromantic:
You pay the rent. Right? Stay there till it's over except you have a friend's place to alternate your stay at one or two days interval. Once the rent is over, prepare to go rent somewhere else. Simple
We just packed in here two months ago
Re: Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? by GboyegaD(m): 5:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
Rtk5:
You're right, there's no much issue at all, in fact its as good as there's no issue at all sef. Its really draining me cos I love her, but any attempt for me to reach out to her will make her repeat that again in the future cos she has done that before.

The reason why you need counseling. Call her first and forget pride for now.
Re: Is This Feeling Of Shame Necessary? by Abso1uteZero(m): 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
skillmyman:
bros,
dont be childish.

it is not necessary

No try follow this advise or you will be a begger for the rest of your life while she will forever be a packee.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Mails And Dumb Threads Are Like 5&6 / What Can I Do For You At The Moment Online To Earn Something? / I Need A Wife Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.