Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,681 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running (54373 Views)

Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway / Update from the Lagos-Kano Standard Gauge Rail - Photos / Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Gauge Begin Operation In Two Weeks – Okheria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by KhingLufem1(m): 3:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
Ok
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Flexherbal(m): 3:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
Ok
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by lekki1444: 3:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
THIS GOVT IS TRYING. MOST HAVE 24 7 ELECTRICITY AND NOW TRAIN IS EVERYWHERE . OYA CITIZENS IT IS UP TO YOU NOW TO GO AND BETTER YA LIFE . GOVERNMENT HAS DONE ITS PART

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
muchroom:
Infrastructures not doing bad with this government

omo these wicked lagos land lords go hear am in few years time

5 Likes

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by mrMeen(m): 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
hakym619:
Ass hole government.

This is bull crap project . we are still lagging behind monumentally. Don't be Carried away by peanut projects .

Security be the koko for Now.
I sha don talk my own
damned if you do and damned if you don't, sigh what do Nigerians even want sef.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by maisauki: 3:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
God bless our dear President, General Muhammadu Buhari
Where's this sef

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Guestlander: 3:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
dustydee:
Looks pleasing to the eye. I hope Nigerians will be more involved in the next phase and beyond.

Nigerians are involved now and hopefully it will stay that way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by dam2000(m): 3:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
China train I pray we pay our debt finish b4 it sccater
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by wwwihy: 3:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
Buhari is the best thing to happen to this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Caseless: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
hakym619:
Ass hole government.

This is bull crap project . we are still lagging behind monumentally. Don't be Carried away by peanut projects .

I sha don talk my own
mumu

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by whizzbaale: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
hakym619:
Ass hole government.

I sha don talk my own

When I thought today was good
SMH cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by pharmagba: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
jericco1:
Our poor maintenance culture will turned this beauty to golden brown in no time.. seems the Chinese loans are beginning to pay off undecided undecided

Abeg o! We borrow money contruct am from China!
Everybody must to maintain it, I don't want to hear stories that China has taken over Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Farki: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
Yes finally I can be visiting my Ogun State babes without problem. Hope the Lagos railway system is next? It is seriously needed now that keke and bikes have gone.

5 Likes

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by alienvirus: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
Love it. God bless PMB

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by RTSC: 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
Portharcourt -Aba Railway should be as essential and viable as this one.

But we know that one will not be built.

Ossai is already attacking amaechi in the house of assembly, instead of ensuring that the South South has good rail network before talking about anything else.

5 Likes

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
hakym619:
Ass hole government.

I sha don talk my own
... Na Only BAD BELLE dey Worry you ! Sorry eeyn! grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Commentor: 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
hakym619:
Ass hole government.

I sha don talk my own

Just look at where you live.

3 Likes

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by golddare: 3:47pm On Aug 19, 2020
muchroom:
This is a video of the brand new Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line undergoing test-running this month. This will definitely save man hours of travel and road delays as well as accidents.

Source: https://twitter.com/BryteDude/status/1295796666281361409

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O32PrnLB0N8

I hope by the time this starts running the gullible ones crying about sovereignty to China will have a rethink. Imagine if all the monies these guys have been borrowing or stolen was in this kind of arrangements since 1999, things probably might not be like this. If we are owing let's see why we are owing. I will encourage state governments to embark on this kind of arrangements if they can. I wish PMB can make another arrangement for 6 international hospitals in the 6 zones.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by cyberghost23: 3:47pm On Aug 19, 2020
Arrewa:
Let me still repeat this here!!

I'm not a fan of buhari, He has not perform up to my expectations but I must acknowledge his progress.

BUHARI is 1000 times better than Jonathan!!

Oga go n die

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Farki: 3:47pm On Aug 19, 2020
lekki1444:
THIS GOVT IS TRYING. MOST HAVE 24 7 ELECTRICITY AND NOW TRAIN IS EVERYWHERE . OYA CITIZENS IT IS UP TO YOU NOW TO GO AND BETTER YA LIFE . GOVERNMENT HAS DONE ITS PART

Why must you lie in capital letters? sad

2 Likes

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 19, 2020
Nice devt...am happy with the above comments so far,that shows we are appreciative of good things. If Govt do well we go praise them,if them no do well we go rebuke them

5 Likes

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by bigpicture001: 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
If any govt truely want to.make money from transportation, they should create a west east railway system.. We all know that is the busiest route in nnaija, but politics wouldn't allow them

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by anonimi: 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
muchroom:
Infrastructures not doing bad with this government

You mean propaganda and lies
How many times will they test run the same railway and promise free ride?
Barawo Bubu and Amaechi plus their Association of Past/Present Criminals, APC are the worst rogues ever to ruin our country.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4214232_screenshot201609090625191_jpegd420484c3c6eee5b6dcdb7cf43f883a1

titiloyeblog:
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi on Friday apologized to Nigerians over the suspension of the Iju-Abeokuta free train ride during the 2019 general elections.

Amaechi tendered the apology during the monthly rail inspection of the Lagos-Ibadan modernisation project in Ibadan.

He said that the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) suspended the three months free train ride due to security and safety of passengers.

“It was suspended by the Chinese and the excuse they gave me was that they cannot allow it run because of safety, since they have not completed the second line but they are almost through with it.

“It is almost completed from Iju to Abeokuta. I want to apologise to Nigerians that they suspended it when they left the country, which I didn’t envisage, they will go back soon,” Amechi said.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10652224_screenshot20191130005132_png5988875e796be33b1cfd3e2644cb5c36

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8711748_fbimg1549641310301_jpegaf831642271760cfb6b5d603e70123d7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8711769_fbimg1549641325339_jpegb89d32cf87812989a5d2856fd75eb5b5

2 Likes

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Kuginzi: 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
hakym619:
Ass hole government.

I sha don talk my own
Ass hole Wailer! Which one did u volunteer in your community?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by FLOTAN(m): 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
That’s what we want. We’re not asking for too much just the basic infrastructures which will enhance the ease of doing business and reduce unnecessary cost.

With good rail system, pressure on the roads caused by trucks which result in accidents will also reduce. Good job!

6 Likes

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by PDPdestroyer(m): 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2020
Good news to some, bad news to .....(you know them) cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by lekki1444: 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2020
Farki:

Why must you lie in capital letters? sad
COME AND BE CALMING DOWN undecided
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by SEGLIZ: 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
hakym619:
Ass hole government.

I sha don talk my own

you've not done bad with this comment of yours. but one thing I would advise is, please learn to stay or remain on the topic.
this is about the rail project, is it good or bad? simple.

5 Likes

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by RTSC: 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
It would be a Big shame though if amaechi leaves in 2023 and the south south does not have a good rail network.

He loses the credibility to run for any Federal office as a Niger deltan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adamawa Gets First Flyover 30 Years After Creation / Tallest Skyscraper In Brooklyn Reaches Peak With 93-Storeys, Opens In 2022(Pics) / World’s Biggest Passenger Airliner Lands In Ghana. First To Land In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.