Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running (54366 Views)

Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway / Update from the Lagos-Kano Standard Gauge Rail - Photos / Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Gauge Begin Operation In Two Weeks – Okheria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by chachauche(m): 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
No rail line project in the East where transport minister is from,we are our own problem iswear.
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by joefengzy(m): 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2020
We procure/supply all kinds of office equipment/computer accessories such as laptops,desktop,printer's,scanner,hp
toners,projector,inverter,ups etc
You can also visit our office at
No 21 Ali street tinubu

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Flame4chi(m): 4:54pm On Aug 19, 2020
Birdeyeview:
A good and effective maintenance culture needs to be put in place too if not 5 - 10 years from now they'll be nothing to write home about.

Seriously, our maintenance culture is poor. Even after sabotage.

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Onepeople: 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2020
Arrewa:
Let me still repeat this here!!

I'm not a fan of buhari, He has not perform up to my expectations but I must acknowledge his progress.

BUHARI is 1000 times better than Jonathan!!
u are not Buhari supporter but his ass licker. Perform nepotism or division ?

2 Likes

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by winterfell007(m): 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2020
fabolouz1:
I will give a pass mark to rail development to this regime. we could have covered all the state capitals if previous administration had done what this Government is doing in that sector.

The previous administration did fantabously well with railway transportation. They were actually the administration that pioneered railway modernisation programmer. Even Buhari always thanks and give credit to GEJ for starting railway projects especially the Abuja-Kaduna rail project

2 Likes

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by anonimi: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2020
Angelfrost:
If he hasn't performed up to your expectations, yet is a thousand times better than his predecessor.... That means Jonathan basically was never in office or did absolutely nothing in office.

Please, learn to construct better and more intelligent sentences.

Is that not too much to expect from a person who idolises a leader looter uninterested in the education of the masses

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026486_buharinoschool_jpeg7b091b4b2030902d513c2f395f96a19d

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by adedfact: 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
hakym619:
Ass hole government.

This is bull crap project . we are still lagging behind monumentally. Don't be Carried away by peanut projects .

Security be the koko for Now.
I sha don talk my own

Your brain has jammed. Think of progress not hatred.

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by adedfact: 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2020
We are moving forward. Slow and steady win the race.
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by SaintLucia: 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2020
jericco1:
Our poor maintenance culture will turn this beauty to golden brown in no time.. seems the Chinese loans are beginning to pay off undecided undecided
So it's no longer an audio project but how to maintain it now grin Wailer Wailer una weldon. grin

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by banhammy: 5:24pm On Aug 19, 2020
hakym619:
Ass hole government.

This is bull crap project . we are still lagging behind monumentally. Don't be Carried away by peanut projects .

I sha don talk my own

PDP government was far better than APC government.
PDP connected almost ten states with modern rail lines with more than one hundred electric trains, within 16 years.

Col Sambo Dasuki and Mrs Allison Maduekwe managed Nigeria economy very well.
Am I lying?

3 Likes

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Gloriouspa(m): 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2020
COMPAQ:

The best way to sustain rail in nigeria going forward will be to form a holding company to manage the tracks, while private companies run rail services. Same way airports belong to government and private airlines operate.

If we expect govt to run everything, trust me in 5years the entire investment would have gone down the drain.

You're very correct. Nigerian lacks maintenance culture, as a matter of fact that instinct has affected many of us even in our private lives. From tenants to landlords, and government as a whole.
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by BOFA2020: 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2020
Arrewa:
Let me still repeat this here!!

I'm not a fan of buhari, He has not perform up to my expectations but I must acknowledge his progress.

BUHARI is 1000 times better than Jonathan!!
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Jungleluv5: 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
hakym619:
Ass hole government.

I sha don talk my own
bad belle you will never appreciate good things because you will never see good things
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by hmohammed(m): 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2020
hakym619:
Ass hole government.

I sha don talk my own

I hope Buhari matter will not kill you. Nigeria is progressing

2 Likes

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by BreconHills(m): 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2020
sbaks:
That's why some things need to be handed over to the private sector. That I salute obasanjo for. He would QUICKLY hand it over to the private sector/deregulate the sector AS FAST AS POSSIBLE

As he did with the power plants, transmission and distribution costs? How is that going?
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Fembleez1(m): 5:52pm On Aug 19, 2020
Is this how slow it will travel once it begins operation, or it is just slow on test-run?
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by gowonmaharajah(m): 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2020
�only hateful person would say this administration isn't working

3 Likes

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by pacificom: 6:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
muchroom:
This is a video of the brand new Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line undergoing test-running this month. This will definitely save man hours of travel and road delays as well as accidents.

Source: https://twitter.com/BryteDude/status/1295796666281361409

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O32PrnLB0N8
Not bad for a start. Hope they can get something similar to virgin train in the UK.
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Cousin9999: 6:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
Niiice.
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by maasoap(m): 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2020
Not bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by kayjay69(m): 6:29pm On Aug 19, 2020
In so far as government is involved, either partly or fully, I can assure you that in that time space you mentioned, it will be nothing to write home about.

Birdeyeview:
A good and effective maintenance culture needs to be put in place too if not 5 - 10 years from now they'll be nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2020
BreconHills:

As he did with the power plants, transmission and distribution costs? How is that going?
He isn't perfect but he did something abeg.
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by guychidile: 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
I'm yet to hear or see any standard gauge in SE.,if there is one,do correct me

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by BreconHills(m): 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
sbaks:
He isn't perfect but he did something abeg.

Sure but privatization in a country with a GDP per Capita of 2,028.18 USD ( 2020) is not privatization, it is simply a transfer of assets from a mismanaged public sector to rent seeking vested private interests. There are better models.
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Goke7: 7:20pm On Aug 19, 2020
banhammy:

PDP government was far better than APC government.
PDP connected almost ten states with modern rail lines with more than one hundred electric trains, within 16 years.

Col Sambo Dasuki and Mrs Allison Maduekwe managed Nigeria economy very well.
Am I lying?

grin grin grin i don laugh tire

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by lookingfly: 7:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
hakym619:
Ass hole government.

I sha don talk my own
no mind them, project gej started.....they want to use and gain cheap popularity.

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by mikkyangel3: 7:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
Did anyone notice that they sped up the video to make it look like it moves fast? This isnt a high-speed or bullet train, this is a locomotive that the average car is way faster than. Imagine using 10 hrs from Lagos to Ibadan?

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by adeskee(m): 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2020
muchroom:
Infrastructures not doing bad with this government

you are correct
Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by Friend22(m): 9:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
hakym619:
Ass hole government.

I sha don talk my own

Aside security,they are trying.
This kind of myopic mindset makes me think many of you are not far from witchcraft.

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running by earnit5: 10:07pm On Aug 19, 2020
really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tallest Skyscraper In Brooklyn Reaches Peak With 93-Storeys, Opens In 2022(Pics) / World’s Biggest Passenger Airliner Lands In Ghana. First To Land In West Africa / Trailer Crashes Into Shops In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.