Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Fg Bows To Labour Demands, Reduces Fuel Price, Vat - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Bows To Labour Demands, Reduces Fuel Price, Vat (6225 Views)

Senator Akpan Bows To Greet Saraki (Photo) / Anambra Labour Demands 43 Months Salary Arrears; Give 2 Weeks Ultimatum / Muma Gee Abandons PDP, Decamps To Labour Party, Wins Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Bows To Labour Demands, Reduces Fuel Price, Vat by segoye2(m): 2:13am On Jun 23, 2007
I love u giys u are sooooo highly intelligent , infact i don't know what else to write as u have stated everything i had in mind consicely to the few ignorants in this forum, i personally believe that naija will never , never join the comity of advanced nations not until some blood are shed, not until lunatic kleptomaniacs like OBJ, Dopriaye, Atiku, IBB, Tony Anenih, Bode George, etc and etc are hanged for their crimes just like saddam hussein was, not until we round up and firing squad those satans heartless pren armed robbers in babaringas and monkey suits will niaj be ok, the same old mafia/cabal have taken us for ride for too long! God pls, and pls, send back Babatunde Idiagbon and Buhari, we need them to handle our affairs again, what else can i say? i rest my case 4 live cos am tired and frustrated discussing about naija basket case, thank God for making one of d few millions that left d shores of naija many yrs ago,
Re: Fg Bows To Labour Demands, Reduces Fuel Price, Vat by Iman3(m): 2:45am On Jun 23, 2007
segoye2:

The issue is we must produce locally! and we can no longer wait for any private investor to come and build refineries for us when they couldn't do it in 8 years. What stopped Otedola and Dangote from building refineries all these years from the super profits garnered from cheap fuel imports? Why do they have to buy existing ones? Enough of all this IMF and World bank bullshit. We have been held hostage long enough by their nonsensical arguments and our govt slavish acquiscence to them.

The reasons why the private sector won't build refineries have been stated innumerable times.It is not commercialy viable to run refineries in Nigeria if the retail price of fuel is fixed at whim by the Govt at prices that are below cost levels.It cost $600 million to $1billion just to build a 100,000 b/d refinery.

If its not viable for the private sector,should the Govt come in?If you think the Govt should build refineries,then you have not learnt anything from Nigeria's history.The history of our Govt in building and maintaining public enterprises is a litany of woes.Indeed,we have the woeful state of our 4 refineries to point to.Why do you want the Govt to effectively repeat the very same mistakes that led us to this situation in the first place?
Re: Fg Bows To Labour Demands, Reduces Fuel Price, Vat by BigB11(m): 2:56am On Jun 23, 2007
This is a great strategy to send message to the new administration that enough is enough, the strike must continue.

If Nigerians can continue with this strike for the next 10 days, their messages will be heard, but the big questions are:
Can Nigerians hang in there?
Who is truly benefiting from this strike?
And what is next?
Re: Fg Bows To Labour Demands, Reduces Fuel Price, Vat by segoye2(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2007
Brother Big B1,

Watdz up, is pretty long time. How are you doing and how are you coping with the strike?
Re: Fg Bows To Labour Demands, Reduces Fuel Price, Vat by uchetobi(f): 11:53am On Jun 25, 2007
Keeping tabs
Re: Fg Bows To Labour Demands, Reduces Fuel Price, Vat by seunaina1(m): 4:56am On Jun 28, 2007
3strikes
Re: Fg Bows To Labour Demands, Reduces Fuel Price, Vat by denex: 6:17am On Jun 28, 2007
@Seun

moderator/owner. Abeg do something about this guy.
Re: Fg Bows To Labour Demands, Reduces Fuel Price, Vat by angel101(f): 9:39am On Jun 28, 2007
LOL!! maybe send him to the risky biz page?! grin
Re: Fg Bows To Labour Demands, Reduces Fuel Price, Vat by 9ja4eva: 12:54am On Jun 29, 2007
Man must survive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates / Scene Of The Attack On Ex-Air Force Chief, Alex Badeh (Photos) / Edo 2020: Oshiomhole Not Promoting Godfatherism In Edo - Chris Azebamwan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.