Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,943 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) (91177 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar-Led ECOWAS Delegation Arrives Niger To Meet Coup Leaders / Mali Coup: President Bah Nda, PM, Defence Minister Detained By Mutinous Soldiers / Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Adegreen(m): 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2020
for Your industrial electrical panel on any kind...ATS, MOTOR CONTROL, VFD, BUS BAR, CONTROL PANEL,and trouble shooting you can contact Royal Mateen on 07084997385 at a very affordable price and we are ready to give you the best
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2020
Johnrake69:

Most of the core infrastructure was actually done under the military with less resources. But see what we have today? Common blue line has taken Lagos about 12 years with the inflated budget. Same story of project abandonment in every region.

Yes, the Army built a lot of infrastructure...in the 1970's when we had money from oil boom one.

Once the oil prices crashed in the year 1982...so also went the money for infrastructure.

Plus, this internet, telecoms infrastructure we use was built under a civilian admin.

And the Army, by the way wrecked the railways. It is the civilains that are rebuilding it now.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Lajiniran: 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2020
gungab:
Common Meeenh

He should restore Democracy ASAP

Yes, the type we practice here in naija right?
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by zenith5: 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2020
why una no dey request for gt naira mastercard?na that one i get.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
politicsng:
You see why you need trusted chiefs of staffs. Same reason Buhari refused to change his loyal CoSs
100% correct
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
anonimi:

Continue with your excuses instead of girding your loins for the work needed to achieve the better society you want.
You will wait forever.

The dfference between most and I is that I have a passport that gives me access to almost anywhere in the world. After many years abroad i came back because Nigeria is home but sometimes you need to step out to realise how bleeped up Nigeria is. My biggest mistake in life is coming back to Nigeria. This country is irredeemable. I can tell you 100% that if Nigeria of what constitutes Nigeria today ever becomes a truly great country, it will not be the current Nigeria we know. This Nigeria is incapable of proper development.

Ironically i read something yesterday. It went something like All the development aid since the 1960s is always abouit Africa but funny the only development that is taking place is in Asia. Nigeria and Africa have made a virtue of being poor and forever developing...so called Gian of Africa celebrating a 100Km rail line in the 21st century?

Be speaking grammer there, go and teach and educate, when you succeed let me know but I have learnt not waste my energies of battles for which there are no spoils, i.e...lost causes! Black Africa is a lost cause at least in my lifetime because Nigeria is a lost cause. black Africa can never develop without Nigeria and Nigeria is f*cked!

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2020
kikero:

The place you are going to was once as bad as Nigeria.

And the method they used to change things was not a millitary coup.

It was the hard work of millions ofcitizens doing the hard job of democracy.

Anyway, good luck. I don't like our democratic system either...but army rule was far worse.
Ehn. What hard job of democracy? After the World War all these great countries you see around were left with two choices, build yourself or starve to death. And guess what they chose to build themselves. We had everything, we were under a rich country and yet we still chose to beat around the bush, blaming the "white man" and killing ourselves with "Jesus" and "Mohammed" hope you are all happy now. Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by 24SEVEN: 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mercykayy:
The first guy is just 25 years old. I stand to be corrected thou

How can a brigadier general be 25yrs old. You dunce!!!
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2020
Buhari actually fears same thing could happen in Nigeria and this is why he has refused to change the present crops of his service chiefs. "Bi Iwo ba she rere,ara ki o a ya o"
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Roozzaay(m): 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2020
Face of criminals
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
SegFault:

Ehn. What hard job of democracy? After the World War all these great countries you see around were left with two choices, build yourself or starve to death. And guess what they chose to build themselves. We had everything, we were under a rich country and yet we still chose to beat around the bush, blaming the "white man" and killing ourselves with "Jesus" and "Mohammed" hope you are all happy now. Rubbish.

They did the hard work of demcoracy.

Here in Nigeria...you people don't want to join a party or form one. Instead you want to sit down and pontificate about how bad things are.

You seem like someone that can change Nigeria...so go ahead. Do the deed.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Johnrake69: 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
kikero:

Yes, the Army built a lot of infrastructure...in the 1970's when we had money from oil boom one.

Once the oil prices crashed in the year 1982...so also went the money for infrastructure.

Plus, this internet, telecoms infrastructure we use was built under a civilian admin.

And the Army, by the way wrecked the railways. It is the civilains that are rebuilding it now.

Boss abeg no mention telecoms. Those guys paid through their nose and to recoup their investments Nigerians paid heavily. We all know their licence fees was looted. The government at the time never used it to create an enabling environment for telecoms operators. The military would surely had done better

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by kolade560: 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
so GEJ has just been wasting his time
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
slysteel:
Nigerians are busy dulling

You dey mind fear,fear people !
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2020
kikero:

They did the hard work of demcoracy.

Here in Nigeria...you people don't want to join a party or form one. Instead you want to sit down and pontificate about how bad things are.

You seem like someone that can change Nigeria...so go ahead. Do the deed.
You forgot to ask me if I cared about Nigeria. My answer is I don't, as a selfish person (yes) I care about myself and my loved ones, you all can go to hell if you want. Though I still remain a leftist because I believe that is the only system that could work if done well but as for advocating for change fvck it. Human beings don't worth the stress.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by joefengzy(m): 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2020
We procure/supply all kinds of office equipment/computer accessories such as laptops,desktop,printer's,scanner,hp
toners,projector,inverter,ups etc
You can also visit our office at
No 21 Ali street tinubu

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by okuta007: 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2020
the spirit of these brave marlians - PLEASE, I BEG, BIKO posses 5 brave Majors in the Artillery corp of the NA to do an Nzeogwu angry
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2020
Johnrake69:

Boss abeg no mention telecoms. Those guys paid through their nose and to recoup their investments Nigerians paid heavily. We all know their licence fees was looted. The government at the time never used it to create an enabling environment for telecoms operators. The military would surely had done better

Oh but Obasanjo did something that helped telecom providers...he allowed them set their prices...and make enough profit.

THis in turn attracted investment...and thus the telecoms sector grew.

Why Nitel did not grow...it was a monopoly, prices were kept low, and as a result, it could not compete with MTN and Econet and the rest.

Infact, the reason why power supply is bad and why NNPC cannot build refineries...price controls. This drives away investment...because no one is going to come and invest and not be allowed to make profits.

MTN, and co were allowed to make their profits...and it is the fruit of the profit that has enabled me to go from spending two hours at a cafe in 2004 on slow internet connections to fast interent anywhere today.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2020
kikero:

No democracy does not work because most of you don't want to do the hard work.

You want someone to come and do the work for you.

You want the Army to come and do the job that you don't want to do...forgetting the army is made up of the same unelightiend Africans that you are crying about....

Go and join a party. You could be the next Kemal Attaturk.

who cares what the reason is, the bottom line is Black Africa and Nigeria in particular will never work. You can continue to preach or you can be a pragmatist and find somewhere that will work for you knowing your time on Earth in finite and it is unlikely Nigeria will develop in your lifetime. What hope it had has been shattered by religion which has the effect of dulling the IQ of its followers.

Your lecture is for someone who cares. i dont anymore! I have accepted Nigeria and Africa for what it is.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Abdulnur(m): 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
kikero:

Democracy works.

Why it does not work in Nigeria is down to two things

1.You people think your democratic participation ends at the ballot box.

2.You guys want free stuff.

Thank you
Our sense of entitlement is what keeps us stuck in one place
Northerners feel they deserve more because our groundnut used to be the driver of the economy, Southerners feel they deserve more because their region has oil.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by adebayo111: 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

Chief of Staff has Nothing to do with this.

This was a Pure Military coup.

The COS Mentioned there is not the COS to the President. He is COS of a Military formation
olodo, so what is cos in the military. If not treated with respect , may upstage the govt
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
SegFault:

You forgot to ask me if I cared about Nigeria. My answer is I don't, as a selfish person (yes) I care about myself and my loved ones, you all can go to hell if you want. Though I still remain a leftist because I believe that is the only system that could work if done well but as for advocating for change fvck it. Human beings don't worth the stress.

Then be the change.

Where you are going to, by the way, was built by capitalism, not by governemt giving free gifts.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by gungab(m): 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
Jeffyblaq:

If the so called democracy ain't working.. Don't you think another system of government should be adopted?

The bottom line should be orderliness and progressive state of well-being in the country instead of a few idiots reaping what's meant for the entire nation.

What you think?
Democracy is good, just that the leaders has made life unbearable for the citizens down here which harden their heart

Yes, the type we practice here in naija right?
There is only one type of democracy as propounded by the Greek
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by CocoaOla: 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
This is a friendly reminder to Nigerians that will come here and comment anyhow, hate speech is now 5 million Naira, I don't want to contribute for someone on this forum
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
isthatso:

who cares what the reason is, the bottom line is Black Africa and Nigeria in particular will never work. You can continue to preach or you can be a pragmatist and find somewhere that will work for you knowing your time on Earth in finite and it is unlikely Nigeria will develop in your lifetime. What hope it had has been shattered by religion which has the effect of dulling the IQ of its followers.

Your lecture is for someone who cares. i dont anymore! I have accepted Nigeria and Africa for what it is.

Good evening.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by bluefilm: 4:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
These ones only know how to grab power by the pussy.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
Abdulnur:

Thank you
Our sense of entitlement is what keeps us stuck in one place
Northerners feel they deserve more because our groundnut used to be the driver of the economy, Southerners feel they deserve more because their region has oil.

Yes, countries are not built on entitlement, they are built on hard work.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Deborah98(f): 4:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
Eehya same thing happened to my dear country years back and it wasn't funny at all
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by jrusky(m): 4:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
politicsng:
You see why you need trusted chiefs of staffs. Same reason Buhari refused to change his loyal CoSs

So they should remain to protect Buhari interest only and the whole Nigerians were kill and over-run by Boko Animal, ISIS and ISWAP bah

Imagine your level of reasoning. So Buhari is afraid of coup but did coup to remove Shagari

To my surprise some fools and bloody nonentities click 60 like to that shit you posted.

2 Likes

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
kikero:

Then be the change.

Where you are going to, by the way, was built by capitalism, not by governemt giving free gifts.
But I don't care it's still better than here anyway. And mind you there are many ideologies under the left wing. And no my life is too precious to waste after all in you people's Bible it said "don't cast your pearls to the dogs"
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
politicsng:

Stop saying bill shot in the face of incompetence. ..Nigeria is not Mali, if ever a coup occurs here again in Nigeria, the country will dismembered. Get that in your head..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa / Joe Biden: Secret Service Displays Biggest Motorcade Procession In History(Pics) / Deported From Saudi-Arabia For Being Too Handsome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.