Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,900 members, 7,821,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) (91225 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar-Led ECOWAS Delegation Arrives Niger To Meet Coup Leaders / Mali Coup: President Bah Nda, PM, Defence Minister Detained By Mutinous Soldiers / Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by earnit5: 10:07pm On Aug 19, 2020
really
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by hardbody: 10:56pm On Aug 19, 2020
Sacchi1162:
If only our soldiers can paint their names in gold like this...

I don't know why I am thinking you should not accept business invites in the interim.

It could be a snare, given that your comment up there. Just saying oo

2 Likes

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by LordOfTheGame: 11:11pm On Aug 19, 2020
We need to hire these guys to come to Nigeria and do the same thing for and liberate us from buhari's incompetence and cluelessness and wickedness.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2020
just like American movie.. Zimbabwe first, now Mali, many countries to go
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by luluman: 11:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
politicsng:
You see why you need trusted chiefs of staffs. Same reason Buhari refused to change his loyal CoSs
Truth.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Dedetwo(m): 11:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mercykayy:
The first guy is just 25 years old. I stand to be corrected thou

It is not possible to be a Colonel in any army at 25 years of age.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Dedetwo(m): 12:05am On Aug 20, 2020
kikero:

grin grin grin grin grin

It does not work like that.

We did that in 1966, and 1983, and seven years later, we had new looters in charge each time.

Go and join a party, or form one and be the change you seek. Army rule is an ill wind that blows no good.

In 1966, most Nigerians did follow through to ideological change pursued by the boys. Instead, some goons pushed the shithole called Nigeria into the slippery path of abyss.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Dedetwo(m): 12:12am On Aug 20, 2020
isthatso:

Democracy does not work in Black Africa because our levels of education and ENLIGTENMENT are not high enough to overcome the psychological burdens of religion, poverty, cultural and the tribal prejudices that overwhelm our thought process/actions and the pysche of the masses. In a democracy, the masses are the ones who vote and determine outcomes. Even in enligtened countries the masses are gullible, talk less of a country whose masses are encumbered by the issues Ihighlighted above. Can such a people ever deliver good leaders? NO!

Show me a truly functioning black democratic country...in Africa.

Please be informed that Africa is not Black Africa and there is nothing such as Black Africa. I beg to ask you what education and enlightenment are you on about in the above post. I guess one of the problems that besieged Africa is what you conjured to be education and enlightenment.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by cooltola(m): 12:20am On Aug 20, 2020
Military rule is better than the civilian rule. I support the coup in Mali, Nigeria is a classic example why democracy does not work. Abacha or IBB times was far better than any president ruling from 1999 to 2020. There was no boko haram, Fulani Herdsmen or any sense of insecurity expect a few riots and there was order then. Military did not play or beat around the bush, the laws was actually enforced. The serial killer that escaped from Ibadan would have been executed very long time ago. Corruption was in order, now the corruption will have now is just disorganized
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by just4dem(m): 12:35am On Aug 20, 2020
I wish most of these African countries be re-colonized again. I'm tired of all this nonsense cool
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by streetsoldier1(m): 12:45am On Aug 20, 2020
Mercykayy:

25 years bii ti bawo? That must be his basketball age
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Fhemmmy: 1:02am On Aug 20, 2020
When the subject are tired of oppression, nothing can stop them because nothing can be lost again . . . . Africa, i weep for you!
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by ugaby: 2:10am On Aug 20, 2020
kikero:

If only some people tend to forget that Army rule was a really harsh thing.

Stop longing for Army rule. Buhari is not good as a leader, but there are certian things as a civilian ruler that he cannot do, whereas if he was a millitary ruler, he would have passed a decree and backdated it....and done the illegality.

Plus we are in the middle of a war. The last thing we need is a potential cause of instability in the army ranks....as if we don't have enough already.
Military rule is the kind of Government Nigeria deserves. As it stands now, there is no hope for this country. Let's stop deceiving our selves
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by ugaby: 2:19am On Aug 20, 2020
Johnrake69:

You have made your point but your conclusion was rather unnecessary. And from your statement I couldn't pinpoint how the performance of the civilian government dwarfed that of the military government. Colonization was the challenge of that time. Would you also call Fidel Castro a fool for getting involved in the Decolonization efforts in Africa?

Is it not a shame that we are signing away our future on loans? The civilian government experienced oil booms, what was the money used for? Since you mentioned that the infrastructural development achieved during the military government was as a result of the oil boom.

What exactly do you expect from Youths? When the civilian government has weaponized poverty against the people? And your so called generation did absolutely nothing. Tell me how you expect the youths to take back the country through the electoral process? Sowore has learnt the hard way. You don't change a system by working within the same system because at the end the system will make you conform to it.

In as much as we continue with this current system, there is no election that can produce credible leaders. You can take it to the bank.
Seconded

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by ugaby: 2:21am On Aug 20, 2020
QMNIX:

I see juvenile delinquency at play; total lack of wisdom. The worst democratic government is better than the best military government. No matter the good intentions that drives the coup.
You must be a politician
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by baxmaich(m): 3:55am On Aug 20, 2020
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by nairaman66(m): 5:12am On Aug 20, 2020
Asour:

What exactly is going to happen in Nigeria? A coup? When likely? So that we can call you out IF your prediction fails and also extol your prescience if you're right.

Not sayin it will happen in Nigeria. But the pointers are there so not totally ruling it off!
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by ShenTeh(m): 7:46am On Aug 20, 2020
Dedetwo:

It is not possible to be a Colonel in any army at 25 years of age.

You are a learner.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by pacehood(m): 7:57am On Aug 20, 2020
wink2015:
COUP WILL STILL HAPPEN IN NIGERIA.

It is just a matter of time.

The Khaki boys are watching.

They are never tired.
Awake from your slumber. Never going to happen. The military is not what it was back in the 70s
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by pacehood(m): 8:00am On Aug 20, 2020
ShenTeh:

You are a learner.
A colonel at 25 is not possible maybe in Thailand but not in Mali. May be he joined the army at age 10.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 20, 2020
Sedonxavi:
If you like go to hell but when got abused or stuck abroad don't call on Nigeria govt to rescue you
Who talked to you? And of all People to call on its the Nigerian government. Dummy.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by ACE1010: 9:38am On Aug 20, 2020
Mercykayy:

25 yrs koh, 25 yrs ni grin grin

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 20, 2020
Dedetwo:

Please be informed that Africa is not Black Africa and there is nothing such as Black Africa. I beg to ask you what education and enlightenment are you on about in the above post. I guess one of the problems that besieged Africa is what you conjured to be education and enlightenment.

You have answered your own post is exactly the problem with education and enlightenment which is precisely why I deliberately chose those 2 words to highlight the deficit with education as a basic step and enlightenment because as you have shown, Education does not translate to enlightenment. There is a difference between being taught and regurgitating and the ability to think and think critically and logically.

I suggest you brush up on your geography. Libya, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia etc are not black Africa. We share a continent but that is about it. There is Africa and there is black Africa and brown Africa. Saying there is no black Africa is like saying there is no Latin America, just America.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by mumu9gerian: 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
Jaapu:

You lack wisdom and understanding.

well make i no talk again
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by RaseJudex(m): 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2020
WE NEED SUCH COUP IN NIGERIA. THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT OF TODAY IS WORSE THAN THE OVERTHROWN MALI GOVERNMENT. ANY APC E-RATS THAT WILL CONDEMN MY STATEMENT WILL HAVE HIS/HER MOUTH TURNED TO THE BACK.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa / Joe Biden: Secret Service Displays Biggest Motorcade Procession In History(Pics) / Students In Kenya Having Group Sex Caught (Photos+Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.