Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) (91194 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar-Led ECOWAS Delegation Arrives Niger To Meet Coup Leaders / Mali Coup: President Bah Nda, PM, Defence Minister Detained By Mutinous Soldiers / Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Bodlyspeaking(m): 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2020
inumidun2010:
Na dat one wey just finish training 4 Russia go bring that Idea... He's back to defend his I.T

Lol
He dey defend his IT
So na wetin them teach am for Russia
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

Chief of Staff has Nothing to do with this.

This was a Pure Military coup.

The COS Mentioned there is not the COS to the President. He is COS of a Military formation
Sense will not kill you, blessed be the Bossom that bare you, more ororo of fire of wisdom of the Holy Ghost upon your destiny in Jesus name amen cheesy

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Neddyogu(m): 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
naturefellow:
Hoped to see Naira Marley among the coup plotters

Nooo these are d real malians with huevos not these weed-totting crackheads we've got here running around.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Mercykayy(m): 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
Neddyogu:
more like 52 years joor.
Lol, would have said the same too
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Odidigboigbo(m): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2020
The coup was not led by service chiefs but junior officers (two colonels and Brigadier General)
rontolo:
If you don’t understand that this is the reason Buhari is reluctant to replace key service chiefs despite the horrendous security situation, then you are a learner. It is (sometimes mistaken ) belief that that loyal service chiefs protects a govt. Recall Abacha protecting IBB? The configuration of the Nigerian military, is such that the service chiefs (particularly the army), DSS and DMI are ‘always’ led by trusted lieutenants, dispersed across the nation.

All Buhari and the cabal care about is to protect and project power, very little more! That’s why his govt is doing so badly, the worst in our nations history
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by perdollar(m): 5:22pm On Aug 19, 2020
power hungry westernized jihadists
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Righteousness89(m): 5:23pm On Aug 19, 2020
AngelicBeing:
Sense will not kill you, blessed be the Bossom that bare you, more ororo of fire of wisdom of the Holy Ghost upon your destiny in Jesus name amen cheesy

Amen

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by ensamy(m): 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2020
The Russian trained soldier must have initiated the coup angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Fortune109: 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
Friendlyjoe:

And a Dembele

And a Kamara angry
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2020
Johnrake69:

Most of the core infrastructure was actually done under the military with less resources. But see what we have today? Common blue line has taken Lagos about 12 years with the inflated budget. Same story of project abandonment in every region.
Military did what? Aside from Gowon who had money from oil windfall the rest took us backwards. Gowon and Murtala/Obasanjo era should pushed us into a first world country but the clowns used our money for useless decolonization efforts of other African countries. Most of you are indomie generation and want to get thing easy. You don't want to work hard for it. You don't want to get involved in the political process and win your country over from the hands of corrupt leaders.

Shagari time as civilian President for only 4 years dwarfed all the military that ruled till Abacha. Imagine a military that ruled and yet, power infrastructure remained the way Balewa left it. We were grappling with 2000 megawatts from Kainji Dam until President Umaru Yar’adua. We had just the Tincan port with no additional one again, the railways was left to rot until Babangida began another carriageway but built with woods as that of the British. The only improvement of Babangida was starting the concrete carriage from Warri to Itakpe which was finally abandoned till Yar’dua. And also the third mainland bridge. Yes, the military built refineries but they also sabotaged it as well. They also built a few roads here and there but there were dwarfed in performance by their civilian.

Nigeria began making economic and infrastructural progress from 1999 till now. That is why anybody wishing for military rule in Nigeria should be caught, castrated and publicly executed. Let him go to hell and enjoy proper military rule with Satan.

2 Likes

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Friendlyjoe: 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2020
Fortune109:

And a Kamara angry

....especially Kamara

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by CapitalBank: 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mercykayy:
The first guy is just 25 years old. I stand to be corrected thou
he looks older than 25
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by frog12: 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
the old generals will come and smash this 25 year old colonel !
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by baby124: 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
DisLifeSha:
It cannot happen again. Corruption dey the military. Ethnic division also in the military.
It cannot happen
It can happen. They just need to have a coup with officers from each region and game over. No Nigerian will fight for the present set of politicians. They are on their own at that point.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Sedonxavi: 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
SegFault:

It's not a thing of hope. Africa is doomed we really proved Socrates right when he said that democracy is rubbish.
Just look around you, the only continent where 90% of its countries are corrupt, suppress human rights, in disarray and chaos, poverty stricken etc. And the best thing about it is that we keep on blaming the "white man" who is thousands of miles across the sea or even has to come here to help us or steal from us.
Take Libya for example, Gaddafi committed numerous crimes against humanity, the mass executions that graced our TV all the time back then was terrible, then alas the Libyans had a chance to take their country back from a bastard dictator who had oppressed them so badly (though he improved the country a bit doesn't change the fact that he was a thief), even NATO helped them but guess what, the African and Arab mentality knocked their brains and boom the country is now a cesspit of everything bad. As for me what do I care, I'd leave this shithole soon and on my way out I would spit on the ground and vow never to come back.
If you like go to hell but when got abused or stuck abroad don't call on Nigeria govt to rescue you
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by AMvanquish: 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mercykayy:

Those that look like a 25 year Old. Football age is everywhere.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
I have said mine. Any animal calling for Military rule in Nigeria should be caught, castrated and executed. People should learn to work for our democracy. It doesn't come cheap and easy.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Asour: 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mercykayy:

How does a 25 year old become a colonel though? Care to share?
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by tunmoj(m): 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
smiley smileyClown
Birdeyeview:

I'm surprise you didn't mention God here
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Asour: 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
nairaman66:
Very weak internal government modus operandi. Same thing is going on here in Nigeria. Ours is a potential dangerous land mine waiting to explode anytime..

What exactly is going to happen in Nigeria? A coup? When likely? So that we can call you out IF your prediction fails and also extol your prescience if you're right.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Guestlander: 5:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
slivertongue:
copied in Nigeria

Nigeria says: been there done that. If you do the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, some say it's a sign of mental illness.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by kikake: 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mercykayy:

Ha ha ha. The era of young and courageous soldiers from the Middle Belt is gone.
If not, the killings in the Middle Belt could have spurred them into action.

TY Danjuma cries foul on a daily basis, but who his cries epp?

Fulani learnt nation building by conquest from their old Songhai empire
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by stayclearofme: 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2020
slysteel:
Nigerians are busy dulling
Are you not a Nigerian? What are you waiting for?
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by mattfeuter(m): 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mercykayy:

How old was gowon when he became head of state ?
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by femmy2010(m): 6:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
politicsng:
You see why you need trusted chiefs of staffs. Same reason Buhari refused to change his loyal CoSs

This is very true
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by supercase1(m): 6:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mercykayy:
Paper age grin grin that guy reach to born you grin
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Arsenal2020(m): 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
wink2015:
COUP WILL STILL HAPPEN IN NIGERIA.

It is just a matter of time.

The Khaki boys are watching.

They are never tired.

Let hope so but it must be like that of Ghana.... Operation clean naija.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Evercurious(f): 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
politicsng:
You see why you need trusted chiefs of staffs. Same reason Buhari refused to change his loyal CoSs

Keep justifying rubbish? Thats if you are right .Do you even still have democracy in nigeria? Is a coup not better than this dispensation?
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
Marlians come forward the rest F**k Off
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Wolexdey(m): 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2020
This is seriously serious
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Johnrake69: 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2020
kikero:

Oh but Obasanjo did something that helped telecom providers...he allowed them set their prices...and make enough profit.

THis in turn attracted investment...and thus the telecoms sector grew.

Why Nitel did not grow...it was a monopoly, prices were kept low, and as a result, it could not compete with MTN and Econet and the rest.

Infact, the reason why power supply is bad and why NNPC cannot build refineries...price controls. This drives away investment...because no one is going to come and invest and not be allowed to make profits.

MTN, and co were allowed to make their profits...and it is the fruit of the profit that has enabled me to go from spending two hours at a cafe in 2004 on slow internet connections to fast interent anywhere today.

But we can't keep advocating for private acquisition of critical infrastructure. That's what fuels poverty. America that is propagating the idea of capitalism has safety nets for its citizens like food stamps, unemployment benefits and the rest. We have none and we are pushing for private individuals that don't care about anything than making profit to take over everything. Not that we have institutions that is capable of protecting the interest of the masses.

Private acquisition of wealth causes mass poverty.
Re: Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) by Shittabay4nija(m): 6:25pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mercykayy:

Sincerely I don’t believe he is 25years .
To attain the post of a colonel in the military you need to be 30plus !!!
Never the less .
This is a blink of great hope for the youth .
But they need to be guided by experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa / Joe Biden: Secret Service Displays Biggest Motorcade Procession In History(Pics) / Deported From Saudi-Arabia For Being Too Handsome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.