Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,584 members, 7,861,772 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:07 PM

The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD (17161 Views)

Chase Out Any Igbo That Fails To Vote Peter Obi From Igboland - Pastor / Return Of Some Igbos That Migrated To Idu/igodomigodo And Idah Before 800ad. / Nnia Nwodo: Any Igbo That Touches A Northerner Should Kill Me First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 20, 2020
Honestly I was surprise when someone called in on radio baifra...a native of ogodomigodo saying they have FOUR MARKET DAYS(EKE, ORIE,AFOR,NKWO) IN THEIR VILLAGE

6 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Bkayyy: 11:15am On Aug 20, 2020
ezenwajosh:
Honestly I was surprise when someone called in on radio baifra...a native of ogodomigodo saying they have FOUR MARKET DAYS(EKE, ORIE,AFOR,NKWO) IN THEIR VILLAGE
Igbos were in Idu as business men, craftsmen and in their areas of politics and spiritual leaders (Eze nri is a notable invitee in Idu coronation and divination) before the Yoruba came from oyo and took over through Oramiyan or whatever they call him, he renamed the land Ile ibinu (means land of vexation) because the people were hard to govern which in turn prompted the Igbos to return back home (Ezechime, Ede and others) . Hence, them still using our market days. No be today we started travelling out for business

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Atigba: 11:17am On Aug 20, 2020
Bkayyy:

You are really funny, you claim to be related to Ohafia and Arochukwu yet you despise Isiama afara that Nnamdi Kanu comes from. This proves the saying that "a stranger knows no boundary, history and the way of life of the people".
Well you are in indeed a stranger and knows nothing about Igbos. A stranger from Benin that is claiming to be related to Arochukwu and Ohafia and telling them that their brother Isiama Afara that they know for centuries and has been with them, fought wars with them is from Cameroon whereas they are just hearing your claim of relationship for the first time in 2020. I respect your ignorance and stupidity , it is world class

You are the one mentioning names here

I only point out the ethnic nationalities that are Idu children as recorded in our history in Igodomigodo, I didnt dispise Nnadi Kanu.

You know your self more than me and again you warn your brother Nnadi Kanu to stop forcing a fake Jew identity on our children.
Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Atigba: 11:18am On Aug 20, 2020
Bkayyy:

Nwa onye Igbo means the child of an Igbo. It's the same as Igbo call themselves nwa afọ Igbo which also means true son of Igbo. Igbo all call one another nwa Igbo which means Igbo son, nwa Igbo is the short form of nwa onye Igbo.
So you see Mr Bini man that learnt that igodo means key from my post that it's an Igbo thing.
Now I have a question for you, what does nwa, onye and Igbo mean in bini?

The people calling you that name are not Igbo.

They refered to you as Igbo not themselves

2 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Atigba: 11:21am On Aug 20, 2020
Bkayyy:

God of mercy, did you just mention arochukwu, abam and ohafia in this your edo and idu joke.
It's like you don't know why ohafia, abam and arochukwu forces came to the northern sphere of Igbo land. No need to educate you, just know that had it been that Edo was closer to southern Igbo land, the head of Oba of Benin will be among the three heads on the tray used in ohafia war dance.
Ask your ancestors the reason why non Igbos don't cross the Niger river. Or better, ask ibibio and ijaws who arochukwu, ohafia and abam are

Arochukwu, Ohofia, Abam etc are reminant of Idu warriors who left Igodomigodo. Go back to school, read your history.

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Bkayyy: 11:21am On Aug 20, 2020
Atigba:

You are the one mentioning names here

I only point out the ethnic nationalities that are Idu children as recorded in our history in Igodomigodo, I didnt dispise Nnadi Kanu.

You know your self more than me and again you warn your brother Nnadi Kanu to stop forcing a fake Jew identity on our children.
Maybe you didn't know, isiama agara, ohafia and arọ Chukwu were related before moving your propaganda of fallacy

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Bkayyy: 11:22am On Aug 20, 2020
Atigba:

Arochukwu, Ohofia, Abam etc are reminant of Idu warriors who left Igodomigodo. Go back to school, read your history.
Second question, two Igbo clans founded arochukwu, one was a warrior clan, the other was a priest, what are their names and where are they from?

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Atigba: 11:25am On Aug 20, 2020
Igboid:

There is nothing fake about the above write up.

The Benin history has been deliberately and fraudulently muddled up with Bini (Igbodomigodo) history by Benins for pride and land grabbing agenda.

We in Igbo land know for certain that there was an ancient Bini which we call Idu in Igboland.
We also have ancient tales of the war between the Idu and the Oba, it's called agha "Idu n'oba " in Igbo folklore.
Idu was the land where many Igbos migrated to and lived in the past. It so happened that Idu got invaded by the current Oba dynasty from Ile ife, who fought ferociously with Idu people causing the Igbo indigenous people there to migrate back to Igboland. The Oba dynasty would finally establish a parallel throne in Iduland and formed the current Beinin kingdom, whose contact with the Portuguese enabled it to gain weapons with which it went about terrorizing neighboring Idu( Edo tribes), Western Igbo and Eastern Yoruba tribes, to form the Benin empire.

Recently, there have been a recent attempt by Idu people led by the Ogiemien to resuscitate their dying kingdom from the Yoruba Oba invaders in Benin .

We are saying the same thing

What is fake about his write up is that, he is fraudulently trying to turn history upside down.

A significant amount of Igbo population are Idu children from Igodomigodo who fled the war. They migrated from Ika, Igbanke and Owa clans in our land Idu.

Saying people migrated east to the south is false.
Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Atigba: 11:26am On Aug 20, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You own history is far from this world.

just stay in bini and mind your state.

Igbo and bini are two different words..

It is the storyteller who makes us what we are, who creates history. The storyteller creates the memory that the survivors must have - otherwise t[/i]heir surviving would have no meaning.

So if the lion doesn't tell her story, the history of the hunt will glorify the hunter. You binis should stop been a hunter on igbo history because it is DOA

I am not Benin

I am Idu

You people should stop faking our children history then all this will stop
Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Bkayyy: 11:32am On Aug 20, 2020
Atigba:

What is fake about his write up is that, he is fraudulently trying to turn history upside down.

A significant amount of Igbo population are Idu children from Igodomigodo who fled the war. They migrated from Ika, Igbanke and Owa clans in our land Idu.

Both of you are not saying the same thing, igboid is an Igbo man that is relaying the history of Idu that we all know in igboland and the Yoruba conquest and enthronement of Oba system which led to the Igbos returning back to the east.
But you are fabricating a non existing relationship between you present yoruba Edos and the Igbos that left Idu due to hostilities with the new Oba.
It's like saying that the Igbos that will return from Lagos if the Yoruba become hostile to them are yoruba descendants

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Atigba: 11:37am On Aug 20, 2020
Bkayyy:

Second question, two Igbo clans founded arochukwu, one was a warrior clan, the other was a priest, what are their names and where are they from?

Arochukwu, Ohofia etc are from Idu land.

I have no details of how the arrange their clans in present day Abia State, but what am certain about is that these groups as I mentioned before are from Idu. Is in my history and is in your history as well. Your historian talks about it, Nnadi Kanu is not a historian, he is a propagandist, agitator fabricating stories for political gain..

He should be warm, a child doesn't talk about a story his father didnt say.

Your father has already told you your ancestral root Idu. Idu na Oba is a popular saying in Igbo land because your ancestors were in Iduland but forced to migrate due to Oba war.

See your historians here and go and question him.

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Igboid: 11:40am On Aug 20, 2020
Atigba:

We are not saying same thing.

The Igbos in Idu migrated to Idu from Igboland, and went back to Igboland when Idu fell to the hands of the Oba from Ile ife. They were not Idu descendants.
They came back to Igboland with stories of the war and their sufferings in Idu. These stories exists in Igbo folklore as "Agha Idu n'Oba" meaning the war between Idu and Oba.

It's akin to the modern Igbo folklore called "Oso Abiola" Igbos in Yorubaland had to make, following the upheaval in Yorubaland after Abiola election was annulled.
The Igbos who were resident in Yorubaland ran back to Igboland. Many of them were Yoruba speaking and had Yoruba wives, even though they all had Igbo names and spoke Igbo too. If this happened in the precolonial past, you will also hear ignorant descendants of these Igbos parrot about how their ancestors migrated from Yorubaland to Igboland and how they were Yorubas who became assimilated as Igbos and lost their Yoruba language , without acknowledging the fact that it was only a reverse migration and that their ancestors were never Yoruba people, even though they resided in Yorubaland and called themselves Lagosians.

The reverse migration of Igbo populations in Idu land back to Igbo land during "Agha Idu n'oba", is what the ignorant descendants of these Igbo returnees are misinterpreting as being descendants of Bini.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Atigba: 11:44am On Aug 20, 2020
Bkayyy:

Both of you are not saying the same thing, igboid is an Igbo man that is relaying the history of Idu that we all know in igboland and the Yoruba conquest and enthronement of Oba system which led to the Igbos returning back to the east.
But you are fabricating a non existing relationship between you present yoruba Edos and the Igbos that left Idu due to hostilities with the new Oba.
It's like saying that the Igbos that will return from Lagos if the Yoruba become hostile to them are yoruba descendants

You are missing the story

There is no tribe called Igbo, talkless of Igbiod or whatever you called it.

I have explained to you already the origin of Igbo as a name and those who were addressed as such. Not Idu children in the south east.

The Idu children who were driven out of their ancestral land and migrated to the east were never once in the east.

You understand me now, till date they dont see themselves as Igbo.

Igbon which the white men called Igbo today for ethnic nationalities in the east are made up of different people.

2 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Atigba: 11:48am On Aug 20, 2020
Igboid:

We are not saying same thing.

The Igbos in Idu migrated to Idu from Igboland, and went back to Igboland when Idu fell to the hands of the Oba from Ile ife. They were not Idu descendants.
They came back to Igboland with stories of the war and their sufferings in Idu. These stories exists in Igbo folklore as "Agha Idu n'Oba" meaning the war between Idu and Oba.

It's akin to the modern Igbo folklore called "Oso Abiola" Igbos in Yorubaland had to make, following the upheaval in Yorubaland after Abiola election was annulled.
The Igbos who were resident in Yorubaland ran back to Igboland. Many of them were Yoruba speaking and had Yoruba wives, even though they are had Igbo names and spoke Igbo too. If this happened in the precolonial past, you will also hear ignorant descendants of these Igbos parrot about how their ancestors migrated from Yorubaland to Igboland and how they were Yorubas who became assimilated as Igbos and lost their Yoruba language , without acknowledging the fact that it was only a reverse migration and that their ancestors were never Yoruba people, even though they resided in Yorubaland and called themselves Lagosians.

The reverse migration of Igbo populations in Idu land back to Igbo land during "Agha Idu n'oba", is what the ignorant descendants of these Igbo returnees are misinterpreting as being descendants of Bini.

There is no reverse migration.

The Idu children who migrated from Igodomigodo to the east were never in the east and they are not Igbo. Igbo mean Igbon in our language slave, which were used by our Idu children for the Babessi people who are immigrants from Cameroon in the east.
Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Yujin(m): 11:49am On Aug 20, 2020
Fawklicant:

This is so childish. You need to do better. Debunk the claims if you can with references and proofs. Everything is not about your emotions.
He's a fulani terrorist who fears anything that promotes the union of Igbos. He masquerades as one of us to cause confusion. Mark him out wherever you see him.

9 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Igboid: 11:55am On Aug 20, 2020
Atigba:

You are missing the story

There is no tribe called Igbo, talkless of Igbiod or whatever you called it.

I have explained to you already the origin of Igbo as a name and those who were addressed as such. Not Idu children in the south east.

The Idu children who were driven out of their ancestral land and migrated to the east were never once in the east.

You understand me now, till date they dont see themselves as Igbo.

Igbon which the white men called Igbo today for ethnic nationalities in the east are made up of different people.

There has always been Igbo people.

We existed as independent clans and went by our clan names, while we called each other Igbos.
To understand the concept of "Igbo", as an Ogidi man, if I meet someone speaking an Igbo dialect I am not sure is Ogidi.
I would ask him: "Ibu onye Ogidi ka ibu onye Igbo", meaning : Are you an Ogidi person or are you an Igbo person.

The person will now reply : Abum onye Igbo or Abum onye Ogidi. I am Ogidi person or I am an Igbo person.

Assuming this person is from a town called Nanka and I visited Nanka and the person wants to know who I am, since he had observed my Igbo dialect doesn't sound like Nanka dialect.
He would ask me, " I bu onye Nanka ka ibu onye Igbo "meaning "Are you from Nanka or from Igbo".
I will then answer, A bum onye Igbo( I am an Igbo).

The concept of Igbo is that everyone who speak similar language to you is Igbo while you identify by your own clans name.

We call each other Igbo but never called ourselves Igbos, until the white came and did the obvious.

7 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Bkayyy: 11:58am On Aug 20, 2020
Atigba:

Arochukwu, Ohofia etc are from Idu land.

I have no details of how the arrange their clans in present day Abia State, but what am certain about is that these groups as I mentioned before are from Idu. Is in my history and is in your history as well. Your historian talks about it, Nnadi Kanu is not a historian, he is a propagandist, agitator fabricating stories for political gain..

He should be warm, a child doesn't talk about a story his father didnt say.

Your father has already told you your ancestral root Idu. Idu na Oba is a popular saying in Igbo land because your ancestors were in Iduland but forced to migrate due to Oba war.

See your historians here and go and question him.
More lies, Arochukwu is known as Arọ oké Igbo for a reason, why is that if Igbo is a new phenomenon?
Ibusa or Igbuzor in delta is known as Igbo bi na Uzor or Igbo bi a Uzor idu for a reason, why was that if Igbo is new phenomenon?
Akwukwu in delta is known as Akwukwu Igbo for a reason, why was that if Igbo was a new phenomenon?
For the record, Eri never migrated from the western sphere. According to the Igbo history he never said any thing Idu. The only link with Idu and Nri is that Nri priests are divinators in Idu prior to the yoruba Oba and Edo emergence. Don't confuse it, Nri is far older that idu.
Anyways, you are the first Edo man that I have seen that knows about the name Idu, Idu is only known to the ancient priests

4 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Bkayyy: 11:59am On Aug 20, 2020
Igboid:

We existed as independent clans and went by our clan names, while we called each other Igbos.
To understand the concept of "Igbo", as an Ogidi man, if I meet someone speaking an Igbo dialect I am not sure is Ogidi.
I would ask him: "Ibu onye Ogidi ka ibu onye Igbo", meaning : Are you an Ogidi person or are you an Igbo person.

The person will now reply : Abum onye Igbo or Abum onye Ogidi. I am Ogidi person or I am an Igbo person.

Assuming this person is from a town called Nanka and I visited Nanka and the person wants to know who I am, since he had observed my Igbo dialect doesn't sound like Nanka dialect.
He would ask me, " I bu onye Nanka ka ibu onye Igbo "meaning "Are you from Nanka or from Igbo".

The concept of Igbo is that everyone who speak similar language to you is Igbo while you identify by your own clans name.

We call each other Igbo but never callef ourselves Igbos, until the white came and did the obvious.
Preach to him nwa obodo dike

4 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Atigba: 11:59am On Aug 20, 2020
Igboid:

We call each other Igbo but never callef ourselves Igbos, until the white came and did the obvious.
There may be people living in the east before our Idu children went there which we called Igbon.

Our children Idu differ
Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Bkayyy: 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
Igboid:

That is why our grand parents still call any black person they see on TV "onye Igbo"

5 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Bkayyy: 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
Atigba:

There may be people living in the east before our Idu children went there which we called Igbon.

Our children Idu differ
Mr your idu children are the present yorubanized Edo people
Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Atigba: 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
Bkayyy:

More lies, Arochukwu is known as Arọ oké Igbo for a reason, why is that if Igbo is a new phenomenon?
Ibusa or Igbuzor in delta is known as Igbo bi na Uzor or Igbo bi a Uzor idu for a reason, why was that if Igbo is new phenomenon?
Akwukwu in delta is known as Akwukwu Igbo for a reason, why was that if Igbo was a new phenomenon?
For the record, Eri never migrated from the western sphere. According to the Igbo history he never said any thing Idu. The only link with Idu and Nri is that Nri priests are divinators in Idu prior to the yoruba Oba and Edo emergence. Don't confuse it, Nri is far older that idu.
Anyways, you are the first Edo man that I have seen that knows about the name Idu, Idu is only known to the ancient priests

Idu, Igodomigodo is older than Nri kingdom.

Go and question your historian about his work Prof Njoku, who is a researcher for 4 decades.
Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Igboid: 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
Atigba:

There is no reverse migration.

The Idu children who migrated from Igodomigodo to the east were never in the east and they are not Igbo. Igbo mean Igbon in our language slave, which were used by our Idu children for the Babessi people who are immigrants from Cameroon in the east.

Bini means Bu-ini in Igbolanguage. Which means full of bitterness. All Igbo returnees from Idu when the Benins (Oba people invaded) all had stories of anguish and bitterness to tell.
Stories of how the Benins were raiding them for slaves to the Portuguese and were using them for Yoruba Ogboni human sacrifices.

An Ezechima, Akalaka, etc could have never been anything but Igbo.
So whether you accept it or not, there was a reverse migration of Igbos in Idu following invasion of Idu by the Oba from Ife who established the Benin Kingdom, this very much history exists in Igbo folklore.

Idu people are the Esans, Urhobo, Isoko, Afemai, Uneme, etc.
Some Idu people betrayed Iduland and joined the Oba from Ife to fight against their own people, some Igbos even refused to return to Igboland and found positions in the new Oba from Ile Ife cabinet.

Idu people are Edo people, while Benin is a Yoruba dynasty made up of willing tools from all ethnicities that once resided in Idu, including the Igbos.

This is history as we know it in Igboland.
Binis don't want to accept this history because it exposes the shame which is the fact that they are currently being ruled by A Yoruba man, and this fact makes them appear inferior.
This is also why some cowards among your ranks have refused to help the true rulers of Idu, the Ogiemiens to wrestle power from the Oba Yoruba dynasty in your land, because doing so exposes the lies you have told for centuries as history.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Bkayyy: 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
Atigba:

Our children Idu differ
Scientifically, there is no way a small ethnicity like Bini can claim to have founded towns with populations that are larger than the whole Bini

3 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by OfoIgbo: 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
Word.

The addition I will make here is this. Nri priests took a few Awka and Umudioka people who assisted them in their duties.
Awka people will normally be commissioned by the Nri priests to produce ritual objects, which will eventually be dedicated to Chukwu by the Nri priests before they hand over to any deserving individual they are bestowing with a title.

Umudioka people will normally be commissioned by the Nri priests to carry out the facial scarifications of the Mgburu-ichi (the ICHI marks). Nri people are/were not supposed to touch blood as that action will defile them.

So basically for those menial tasks, Nri assembled both Awka and Umudioka people to accompany them in some of their priestly journeys.

Some well known Awka blacksmiths would also tag along in those travelling parties so they can carry out their business in whatever community the priestly party was headed to.

Those Nri priestly travelling parties were highly revered all across Igboland, Igala land and Bini/Igodomigodo land, as Nri priests were highly respected in those territories. That explains why other non-Nri people also joined those parties as that was a guarantee of not being attacked by hostile communities, as would be the case, if one were to travel alone, or with a non-Nri travelling party.

I still intend to reply to TAO11's rubbish of a few days ago, but please watch this Youtube video, as that will keep revealing the attempts by Yorubas to subjugate Benin culturally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWuBgItXKMI&feature=emb_rel_pause

3 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Bkayyy: 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
Igboid:

Bini means Bu-ini in Igbolanguage. Which means full of bitterness. All Igbo returnees from Idu when the Benins (Oba people invaded) all had stories of anguish and bitterness to tell.
Stories of how the Benins were raiding them for slaves to the Portuguese and were using them for Yoruba Ogboni human sacrifices.

So whether you accept it or not, there was a reverse migration of Igbos in Idu following invasion of Idu by the Oba from Ife who established the Benin Kingdom, this very much history exists in Igbo folklore.

Some Idu people betrayed Iduland and joined the Oba from Ife to fight against their own people, some Igbos even refused to return to Igboland and found positions in the new Oba from Ile Ife cabinet.

Idu people are Edo people, while Benin is a Yoruba dynasty made up of willing tools from all ethnicities that ones resided in Idu, including the Igbos.

Binis don't want to accept this history because it exposes the shame which is the fact that they are currently being ruled by A Yoruba man, and this fact makes them appear inferior.
This is also why some cowards among your ranks have refused to help the true rulers of Idu, the Ogiemiens to wrestle power from the Oba Yoruba dynasty in your land, because doing so exposes the lies you have told for centuries as history.

Simple, this is the common history we know in Igboland, Anambra to be precise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Atigba: 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
Bkayyy:

Scientifically, there is no way a small ethnicity like Bini can claim to have founded towns with populations that are larger than the whole Bini

Igodomigodo is broad

The land was filled with cluster clans.

Idu Igodomigodo is the cradle of civilisation of the south south and south east.
Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by TAO11(f): 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
OfoIgbo:
Word.

The addition I will make here is this. Nri priests took a few Awka and Umudioka people who assisted them in their duties.
Awka people will normally be commissioned by the Nri priests to produce ritual objects, which will eventually be dedicated to Chukwu by the Nri priests before they hand over to any deserving individual they are bestowing with a title.

Umudioka people will normally be commissioned by the Nri priests to carry out the facial scarifications of the Mgburu-ichi (the ICHI marks). Nri people are/were not supposed to touch blood as that action will defile them.

So basically for those menial tasks, Nri assembled both Awka and Umudioka people to accompany them in some of their priestly journeys.

Some well known Awka blacksmiths would also tag along in those travelling parties so they can carry out their business in whatever community the priestly party was headed to.

Those Nri priestly travelling parties were highly revered all across Igboland, Igala land and Bini/Igodomigodo land, as Nri priests were highly respected in those territories. That explains why other non-Nri people also joined those parties as that was a guarantee of not being attacked by hostile communities, as would be the case, if one were to travel alone, or with a non-Nri travelling party.

I still intend to reply to TAO11's rubbish of a few days ago, but please watch this Youtube video, as that will keep revealing the attempts by Yorubas to subjugate Benin culturally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWuBgItXKMI&feature=emb_rel_pause
I’ve obviously broken someone’s heart. cheesy

Anyways, make sure to “rEpLy” with substantiated established historical conclusions, preferably with academic/scholarly references.

Don’t type up the kinds of unreferenced and unacademic Nollywood scripts & imaginations you’ve put up here and expect that you will earn my attention.
But to respond to your video, below is an academic commentary from neutral observers (who obviously are neither Edo nor Yoruba) based on early accounts:

Focus specifically on the time-stamp 48:22 — 48:38 for maximum satisfaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQY_Jd--pwI

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Atigba: 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
Igboid:

Idu people are Edo people, while Benin is a Yoruba dynasty made up of willing tools from all ethnicities that once resided in Idu, including the Igbos.

Ezechima, Akalaka are Idu children in Igodomigodo they are not Igbo. Igbo mean slave in our language and there are those we address as such.

Until you come back home, your ancestral home Idu. You will be rejected from every corner by the Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Etche, Ndoni, Anioma, Ika, Igbanke etc.

These ethnic nationalities I mentioned above are already awaken about their Idu ancestry and you will never have access to them with your fake history.They continue to reject you and your Biafra will never come.

2 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Bkayyy: 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
Atigba:

Igodomigodo is broad

The land was filled with cluster clans.

Idu Igodomigodo is the cradle of civilisation of the south south and south east.
I don't think so, Igbo is the cradle of civilization in the entire south, the Igbos have widely travelled the entire south in the ancient times, introduced the market days system to Idu, introduced the Attah kingship in Igala (through Onoja, the first Obi or Attah of Igala), introduced counting and writing system(nsibidi) to the ibibio through Oké Nnachi and were the middle men in trade throughout the entire south and middle belt ( arọ confederacy for the south and Nike forces for the middle belt)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Bkayyy: 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2020
Atigba:

Ezechima, Akalaka are Idu children in Igodomigodo they are not Igbo. Igbo mean slave in our language and there are those we address as such.

Until you come back home, your ancestral home Idu. You will be rejected from every corner by the Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Etche, Ndoni, Anioma, Ika, Igbanke etc.

These ethnic nationalities I mentioned above are already awaken about their Idu ancestry and you will never have access to them with your fake history.They continue to reject you and your Biafra will never come.
OH! So these lies were all targeted to destabilize Igbo land and confuse their identity because of Biafra. I tought I was having a historical discussion

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Atigba: 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
Bkayyy:

I don't think so, Igbo is the cradle of civilization in the entire south, the Igbos have widely travelled the entire south in the ancient times, introduced the market days system to Idu, introduced the Attah kingship in Igala (through Onoja, the first Obi or Attah of Igala), introduced counting and writing system(nsibidi) to the ibibio through Oké Nnachi and were the middle men in trade throughout the entire south and middle belt ( arọ confederacy for the south and Nike forces for the middle belt)

Stop lying, Igbo never travelled in ancient time to the south.

It was the southerns that migrated to the east and formed what is today know as Igbo.

This is a direct quote from Ikwerre scholar

Professor Simeon Chituru Achinewhu

"The first neighbours Ikwerre man encountered was the Riverine people of Kalabari and Okrika.Ikwerre man had no contact with an Igbo man until the 19th century only after the advent of the white man when roads were opened.The climax was in I913 on the acquisition of Port Harcourt from the Rebisi people.The white man was looking for labourers and the Ikwerre and the surrounding neighbours ie Kalabari, Okrika and Eleme refused to be labourers.The white man therefore had to penetrate the Igbo hinterland and recruited very willing labourers.That was the beginning of Igbo man's adventure into Ikwerre.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants / Lagos: Elections Are Not Perfect In Every State - Reno Omokri / Ajumobi Is An American, So Akala May Still Be Governor Of Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.