Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,506 members, 7,865,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:49 PM

The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD (17251 Views)

Chase Out Any Igbo That Fails To Vote Peter Obi From Igboland - Pastor / Return Of Some Igbos That Migrated To Idu/igodomigodo And Idah Before 800ad. / Nnia Nwodo: Any Igbo That Touches A Northerner Should Kill Me First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Etinosa1234: 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
Me: see what intellectual Yoruba are saying

Tao11: those are not facts...they are simply opinions

Me:Okay what are ur facts...
Tao: (goes along to post opinion)

Me:

5 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Etinosa1234: 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Tao: Edo people said in 1809 that their first king was Eweka from Ife ..I don't care weda it true or not ..I believe it

Me: Yoruba people said that the name Yoruba is not indigenous to them..I don't care weda its true or not..I believe it..

TAO11: faLSe NotTon..hERd mEnTality

4 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Hellraiser77: 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Bro... I don tire already

The page she keeps insisting on only corrected a misspelling..

That guy na big clown
The person behind the handle Tao11 is unloved and unnatural,Always seeking for validation from his fellow yeroba by tagging them after every post grin grin He tries so hard to sound intelligent but each attempt exposes more of his fraud and dubiousness.

He is simply after the praises.....Even his praise singers don tire..... The beach is an emotional wreck cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Etinosa1234: 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2020
Tao11: Yoruba was gotten from Oyo is king

Me : Post any reference for it

Tao: Ask Ahmed BABA

Ahmed BABA wondering when he learnt how to speak Yoruba

3 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Etinosa1234: 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2020
Hellraiser77:
The person behind the handle Tao11 is unloved and unnatural,Always seeking for validation from his fellow yeroba by tagging them after every post grin grin He tries so hard to sound intelligent but each attempt exposes more of his fraud and dubiousness.

He is simply after the praises.....Even his praise singers don tire..... The beach is an emotional wreck cry

Her lie Na raised to power 209

Even what is very clear....she ready to argue am...

That Guy na true meaning of revisionist

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Hellraiser77: 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2020
Etinosa1234:
Tao: Edo people said in 1809 that their first king was Eweka from Ife ..I don't care weda it true or not ..I believe it

Me: Yoruba people said that the name Yoruba is not indigenous to them..I don't care weda its true or not..I believe it..

TAO: faLSe NotTon..hERd mEnTality
The kind of twisting and turning this Tao11 brought to the igbo thread was mind boggling grin, Everything is twisted and bended to favour his narrative

I had to unleash one of my big guns which is the statement of the current Ooni about the Igbo heritage of IFE grin grin

The beach ran away only to surface here cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by AreaFada2: 6:26pm On Aug 22, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Clear and apt.

Areafada2 is a Yoruba Bini man that will twist history trying to fix others in inorder to cause frictions...
Lol. When did Easn people leave Benin area? grin

Which date was the grand Royal conference in BENIN when Esan dukes were crowned in Benin?

These dates are crucial in knowing how much of Benin culture Esan people left with.

Now, Esan people left largely during the reign of Oba Ewuare I who reigned from 1440 to 1473 while prince Ginuwa left Benin to Ode itsekhiri in 1480.
This is about 300 years after omonoyan, son of Izoduwa returned from Ife.

The Urhobos left a bit earlier around the reign of Oba Egbeka, four obas before Ewuare 1.

Benin was never under Yoruba control. Omonoyan despite his privileges as prince turned Oba, the elaborate, complex and strict structure of the monarchy, the overbearing aristocracy and Evian opposition frustrated Omonoyan and soon left to form Oyo monarchy.

What you see as Yoruba culture in Benin is a result of the empire. Influx of various people. Let me remind people that Gov. Obaseki's great great great grand father came from Anioma.

In my part of Edo state, the Yoruboid culture there would be very strange and alien to an average Benin person till today. And it has been around for over 200 years. It was brought in from Eastern Yorubaland. If I didn't know I would say it's due to Yorubaland colonisers. But I know how we came to be how and where we are.

It makes Omonoyan/oranmiyan story from Benin view very plausible. Because our story shows some similarities. Luckily ours is recent enough to have been kept alive.

2 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by TAO11(f): 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Bro... I don tire already

The page she keeps insisting on only corrected a misspelling..

That guy na big clown

Hausa "pronunciation". grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12179655_20fc7d5b550d42f1b345100a7e5bdbb0_jpeg_jpegc8ebb262a6c00829746dc983b86ad5dc

See also: https://www.nairaland.com/6064389/return-igbos-migrated-idu-igodomigodo/6#93106618

Cheers!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by TAO11(f): 6:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
Etinosa1234:
This is an article written by A YORUBA PERSON... Keep fabricating lies let the World keep laffing at u

Ifa: Orisa Museum of Virtual Art
What does Yoruba/Yooba even mean? A response to Jide Fajuyi.
The first scholar to use the word 'Yarba' was a Berber scholar from Timbuktu. He was known as Ahmad Baba al-Massufi al-Timbukti (Abu al-Abbas Ahmad ibn Ahmad al-Takruri Al-Massufi al-Timbukti ) in his work 'Miraj al-su'ud ila nayl hukm mujallab al-su'ud', also known as 'al-Kashf wa’l-bayan li-asnaf majlub al-sudan' ( ﻣﻌﺮﺍﺝ ﺍﻟﺼﻌﻮﺩ ﺇﻟﻰ ﻧﻴﻞ ﻣﺠﻠﻮﺏ ﺍﻟﺴﻮﺩﺍﻥ : ﺃﺣﻤﺪ ﺑﺎﺑﺎ ﻳﺠﻴﺐ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺗﺴﺎﺅﻻﺕ ﺍﻟﻤﻐﺎﺭﺑﺔ ﺣﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﺮﻕ ) to refer to people in what is now Oyo, Osun, and parts of Kwara. Originally the word Yarba, Yaruba and Yoruba and its various spellings applied exclusively to the people of Old Oyo.
The work is a fatwa legitimizing enslavement of non-Muslims in the West African sub-region in following the Maliki Madhab, while also illegitimizing the enslavement of Muslims. Ahmad Baba considered the enslavement of non-muslims as “the will of God.”. It was written for Muslim rulers of the then Songhai Empire. The work was written in 1614 and later Muhammed Bello, Usman Dan Fodio’s son and second Sultan of Sokoto, in his ‘Infaq al-Maysur’ written in 1812 copied the name from al Massufi’s book and passed it down to Hausa speakers. Hugh Clapperton(who was navigating the Niger at about the same time) reportedly also heard it from Muhammed Bello when he inquired about the people to the South.
The 'Yoruba' identifier coincided with the coming of the Islam to Oyo Empire. Before the late 19th century, the term Yoruba refers only to the Oyos, while a lot of people who speak the Edekiri continuum were recognized by dialectal affiliation e.g Egba, Ijesa, Ife, Yagba, Igbomina, Ekiti, Ijesha, Ikale, Awori, Egbado, Ohori, Ije, Idasha people etc. collectively they refer to themselves as called “karo o ji re” or Olukumi.
The use of Yoruba as the national identity was solidified by the work of the missionaries especially with the work of Henry Townsend who establish the first newspaper called ‘Iwe Iroyin fun Awon Yoruba ati Egba’ (Newspaper for the Yorubas(Oyo) and the Egbas), Samuel Ajai Crowther and others.

Ahmad Baba Al Massufi Al-Timbukti https://
www.wdl.org/ar/item/9661/view/1/1/

Farooq Kperogi The Intellectual Case Against Nigeria’s Break-Up (III) https://www.farooqkperog
i.com/…/the-intellectual-case-again…

John Hunwick 'Timbuktu and the Songhay Empire: Al-Saʿdi's Taʾrīkh Al-Sūdān Down to 1613 and other documents'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Ahmad_Baba_al_Massufi

Hunwick, J.O. (1964), "A New Source for the Biography of Ahmad Baba al-Tinbukti (1556-1627)", Bulletin of the School of Oriental and African Studies, 27: 568–593, doi:10.1017/
s0041977x00118385, JSTOR 611391

cc: gregyboy TAO11 MinorityOpinion BabaRamota1980 LegendHero Hellraiser77 Ofoigbo Obalatule... And anyone to whom this piece of information might be important to

https://www.nairaland.com/6064389/return-igbos-migrated-idu-igodomigodo/6#93106618

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Abagworo(m): 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2020
Atigba:

Majority of Igbos migrated from Igodomigodo southward. Eri, and all Idu descendants I mentioned before.

In our land Igodomigodo, we dont know them as Igbo. There were the Babessi people from Cameroon who migrated to the south east as well, these people have different character and aggressive compared to Eri, Idu children. Those from the south east will understand what am saying.

These Babessi people I strongly believed Nandi Kanu is from that group, they are the mostly lousy people in the south east. They have overshadowed the Eri, Idu children. The Eri, Idu children were addressing these people then as Igbon. In Igodomigodo we know and called them Igbon which mean servant/slaves.

Forgot those rubbish people are saying that Igbo mean ancient people. During the colonial period, the white pronounced that word Igbon to be Igbo which altermatically was used to descirbed all inhabitants from that region till date.

I challenge any Igbo here to answer this question

Why the Ogutas, Onitcha Ado na Idu people and other Idu descendants in the east tell their fellow so called Igbo '' Nwa Oye Igbo".

Uguta is Igbo. The stupid identity crisis don't exist here even with the clear migration from Delta via Ilah and Aboh. The Ilah and Aboh people are also Igbos even though there might be fear to admit this truth. Benin expansion, brutality of the kings and cultural influence affected all Igbo speaking communities west of the Niger and forced some to migrate across the river for peaceful life. Most Igbos in the West know they originated from Nshi which many historians believe is Nri but there's nowhere called Nri in Igboland.

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by oneeast3: 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
Useless old man shut up your dirty mouth , there's is NRI in the present day Anambra State. The only reason you don't want to accept there's Nri is because automatically it will further prove the point that igbos came from Nri.

[s]
Abagworo:

Uguta is Igbo. The stupid identity crisis don't exist here even with the clear migration from Delta via Ilah and Aboh. The Ilah and Aboh people are also Igbos even though there might be fear to admit this truth. Benin expansion, brutality of the kings and cultural influence affected all Igbo speaking communities west of the Niger and forced some to migrate across the river for peaceful life. Most Igbos in the West know they originated from Nshi which many historians believe is Nri but there's nowhere called Nri in Igboland.
[/s]
Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Etinosa1234: 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2020

2 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Etinosa1234: 7:29pm On Aug 22, 2020
Me: (post links on notable Yoruba people doing the breakdown of the name Yoruba)

Tao(didn't read it ): It contradicts what u are saying...(goes on to post her own opinion)

Me: read it again..this time slowly

Tao(still didn't read it): For the umpteenth time,.... (Gives another long speech containing her opinion)
Me:read it once again
Tao11(reads it finally): they are just opinions

Isnt our God wonderful?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Hellraiser77: 7:30pm On Aug 22, 2020
[s]
Abagworo:

[/s] iffa slap you you will locate NRI in Anaocha local government of Anambra state

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Etinosa1234: 7:32pm On Aug 22, 2020
Me waiting for Tao11 to show me where in Crowther book did he convert Oyo is King to Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Etinosa1234: 7:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
Origin of Yoruba
Ahmed Baba -----Sultan Bello ---- Clapperton ----- Crowther
But one nairalander in severe tears: Ahmed Baba ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Crowther...

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by TAO11(f): 7:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
Etinosa1234:

https://www.nairaland.com/6064389/return-igbos-migrated-idu-igodomigodo/6#93107397

Stop posting opinion...Post truths...

You should take your own advice and stop posting opinions. The attachment (or opinion) you've been flooding around is from a book written in 1997.

Yet, you would ignore a mid-1800s account (contemporaneous almost with Clapperton's) which informs you that "Yarri.ba" and "Yaru.ba" are simply Hausa pronunciations. And there is no earlier or contemporaneous account which says otherwise.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12179655_20fc7d5b550d42f1b345100a7e5bdbb0_jpeg_jpegc8ebb262a6c00829746dc983b86ad5dc

Your insistence that 1997 comes before 1843 is simply dumbfounding. shocked Your insistence even in the face of basic reality simply proves an outstandingly shocking fact about you Binis.

It proves again that Binis seem to generally have a problem with counting numbers. Remember when Omo N'Oba Ewuare (II) on his coronation attempted to count numbers.

Guess what he did when he got to 38, he insisted — just like you’re doing now — that the next number is 40. [If you know you know]. cheesy

cc: LegendHero, MinorityOpinion, BabaRamota1980.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by TAO11(f): 7:37pm On Aug 22, 2020
Etinosa1234:
Me waiting for Tao11 to show me where in Crowther book did he convert Oyo is King to Yoruba
You have to cultivate the habit of reading what you intend to reply to before actually replying. It helps in making you look less dumb.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2020
Abagworo:

Coming from people where every street has autonomous Eze.

A pity.
Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Etinosa1234: 7:53pm On Aug 22, 2020
TAO11:
You have to cultivate the habit of reading what you intend to reply to before actually replying. It helps in making you look less dumb.
So when will u tell me where Crowther converted the word Oyo is King to Yoruba grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Etinosa1234: 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
TAO11:

You should take your own advice and stop posting opinions. The attachment (or opinion) you've been flooding around is from a book written in 1997.

Yet, you would ignore a mid-1800s account (contemporaneous almost with Clapperton's) which informs you that "Yarri.ba" and "Yaru.ba" are simply Hausa pronunciations. And there is no earlier or contemporaneous account which says otherwise.

Your insistence that 1997 comes before 1843 is simply dumbfounding. shocked Your insistence even in the face of basic reality simply proves an outstandingly shocking fact about you Binis.

It proves again that Binis seem to generally have a problem with counting numbers. Remember when Omo N'Oba Ewuare (II) on his coronation attempted to count numbers.

Guess what he did when he got to 38, he insisted -- just like you -- that the next number is 40. [If you know you know]

cc: LegendHero, MinorityOpinion, BabaRamota1980.
So correcting words now automatically mean ownership
.I can feel the desperation already

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Etinosa1234: 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
For some reason..I can't post more than 2 pics.....any suggestions
Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
AreaFada2:

Which date was the grand Royal conference in BENIN when Esan dukes were crowned in Benin?

These dates are crucial in knowing how much of Benin culture Esan people left with.

Now, Esan people left largely during the reign of Oba Ewuare I who reigned from 1440 to 1473 while prince Ginuwa left Benin to Ode itsekhiri in 1480.

The Urhobos left a bit earlier around the reign of Oba Egbeka, four obas before Ewuare 1.

Benin was never under Yoruba control. Omonoyan despite his privileges as prince turned Oba, the elaborate, complex and strict structure of the monarchy, the overbearing aristocracy and Evian opposition frustrated Omonoyan and soon left to form Oyo monarchy.

What you see as Yoruba culture in Benin is a result of the empire. Influx of various people. Let me remind people that Gov. Obaseki's great great great grand father came from Anioma.

In my part of Edo state, the Yoruboid culture there would be very strange and alien to an average Benin person till today. And it has been around for over 200 years. It was brought in from Eastern Yorubaland. If I didn't know I would say it's due to Yorubaland colonisers. But I know how we came to be how and where we are.

It makes Omonoyan/oranmiyan story from Benin view very plausible. Because our story shows some similarities. Luckily ours is recent enough to have been kept alive.

@bolded.

Shows the strong ties further to yorubas..Bini history ends in Bini and up with yorubas.

Nothing else.

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by TAO11(f): 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2020
Etinosa1234:

So correcting words now automatically mean ownership
.I can feel the desperation already
Now you’re beginning to sound like I have long expected you to be sounding.

No where did S. Crowther say anything about the Hausas mispronouncing/misspelling their own word (if that even has any meaning).

In fact, just as “Benin” is a Portuguese rendition rather than an error, Crowther said nothing here about any error whatsoever. See attached again in case you’re in doubt.

Should I tell you something about the relationship between intellectual engagement and distractive slurs??

The more one goes down, the other goes up. So you may want to channel your energy accordingly. Lol.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Etinosa1234: 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2020
TAO11:
Now you’re beginning to sound like I have long expected you to be sounding.

No where did S. Crowther say anything about the Hausas mispronouncing/misspelling their own word (if that even has any meaning).

In fact, he said nothing about error. See attached again in case you’re in doubt.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/12179655_20fc7d5b550d42f1b345100a7e5bdbb0_jpeg_jpegc8ebb262a6c00829746dc983b86ad5dc

Should I tell you something about the relationship between intellectual engagement and distractive slurs. The more one goes down, the other goes up. So you may want to channel your energy accordingly. Lol.
Is that why u are crying

Didn't u claim that Yoruba was a word that was coined from the phrase "Oyo is King." ...oya show me the reference in Crowther book Abi I go still beg u for that one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Etinosa1234: 8:25pm On Aug 22, 2020
Hellraiser77... Why ur beech dey fear to answer one question Na....

2 Likes

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by TAO11(f): 8:31pm On Aug 22, 2020
Etinosa1234:
Stop long story...

1)Provide reference to any work that said that Oyo is the king is the progenitor of the word Yoruba

2)Tell me the person that gave the name Oyo.... U can't tell me Ahmed Baba because there is no record that he spoke Yoruba language

Ur talk abt Crowther is very invalid...let me tell u why
The word Igbo is being wrongly pronounced in some parts of Nigeria as Ibo... Using ur logic, does that mean the word Igbo is being indigenous to Igbo because of a wrong pronunciation
Like I have just shown in my foregoing comment, no where did S. Crowther say anything about the Hausas mispronouncing/misspelling THEIR OWN INDIGENOUS WORD (if that even has any meaning).

In fact, S. Crowther never said anything about any error. See embedded image again for a reminder.

Moreover, your analogy here actually demolishes your point entirely. The name “Igbo” (for south easterners) can not logically be argued to have been indigenous to the Yoruba people by simply considering the fact that certain popular Yoruba writings render it as “Ibo”.

If anything, this proves that the word is not an indigenous Yoruba word especially as “Ibo” has no meaning whatsoever in the Yoruba language.

But keep reading below for your other contentions.

Etinosa1234:

So when will u tell me where Crowther converted the word Oyo is King to Yoruba grin grin
You keep committing the argumentum ex silentio logical fallacy here.

You also need to stop the straw man fallacy in relation to my position.

Again, my allusion to S. Crowther was to demonstrate one thing and one thing only — which is that: the word “Yoruba” is not a foreign word. I have demonstrated this time and time again.

And having established that the word “Yoruba” is non-foreign from S. Crowther’s work and life; I then turned to citing Farouk Martin’s essay (not S. Crowther’s work) — with historical and linguistic support — to bolster his cursory argument for “Oyo r’Oba”.

The equivalence of this from the Edo side is that the word “Bini” is not an indigenous Portuguese word regardless of the Portuguese rendering “Beny”/“Benin”.

And once this is established, one may then turn anywhere for the explanation of how “Bini” came from an earlier phrase — be it “Ile-Ibinu” or “Ubini”, or something else entirely.

[Please ensure that you’re reading what you reply to before replying to avoid these repetitions].

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by TAO11(f): 8:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Is that why u are crying

Didn't u claim that Yoruba was a word that was coined from the phrase "Oyo is King." ...oya show me the reference in Crowther book Abi I go still beg u for that one
I find it quite gladdening that you’re descending even further and further; and becoming more repetitive over the same point I have addressed over and over again. Lol.

But in any case refer HERE among sever other comments addressing your repetitions.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Bkayyy: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2020
Abagworo:

"nowhere called Nri?" and thought you were Igbo. Please if you have no credible thing to contribute, just keep quiet. It's obvious you haven't been to Anambra. There is a place called Agukwu Nri in Anaocha Local Government of Anambra state.
I repeat again, please this thread is not for City propaganda and Anti Anambra pictures

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Bkayyy: 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2020
AreaFada2:

Bini people and lies sha.
It is quite interesting that Gov. Godwin Obaseki's great great great grandfather came from "Anioma" that was coined and created by Chief Dennis Osadebay in 1951.
You people lie alot, very soon you people will bring out one prince's name and say that he was the one that migrated from Bini and created Anioma since you people are always looking for your princes
Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Etinosa1234: 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2020
TAO11:
[s]but keep reading below.

You keep committing the argumentum ex silentio logical fallacy here.

You also need to stop the straw man fallacy in relation to my position.

Again, my allusion to S. Crowther was to demonstrate one thing and one thing only — which is that: the word “Yoruba” is not a foreign word. I have demonstrated this time and time again.

And having established that the word “Yoruba” is non-foreign from S. Crowther’s work and life; I then turned to citing Farouk Martin’s essay (not S. Crowther’s work) — with historical and linguistic support — to bolster his cursory argument for “Oyo r’Oba”.

The equivalence of this from the Edo side is that the word “Bini” is not an indigenous Portuguese word regardless of the Portuguese rendering “Beny”/“Benin”.

And once this is established, one may then turn anywhere for the explanation of how “Bini” came from an earlier phrase — be it “Ile-Ibinu” or “Ubini”, or something else entirely.

[Please ensure that you’re reading what you reply to before replying to avoid these repetitions][/s].

Still beating around the bush

Can't u just show me the reference in Crowther book

1 Like

Re: The Return Of Igbo's That Migrated To IDU/IGODOMIGODO And IDAH Before 800AD by Dedetwo(m): 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2020
Abagworo:

River Niger divided Ilah into two: a section in Delta State and another in Anambra State.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Presidential Race: We’re Not Troubled By Osinbajo’s Ambition – Tinubu’s Camp / National Chairmanship: PDP Considers South-West For Ayu's Replacement / ICPC Accuses Mohammed Garba Gololo Of Forging Bsc, Master’s Degrees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.