Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament (31498 Views)

Enugu State Government Demolishes Buildings In Centenary City, Residents Cry Out / Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf Demolishes Buildings Approved By Ganduje (Video) / FCTA Demolishes Brothels, Illegal Structures In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by BruzMoney(m): 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
BLUELemon:
After NYSC when you check on your friends the next thing you hear is they are now in Abuja....

You'll feel happy for them and sometimes envious until they call you to ask for #500 recharge card undecided undecided

Now that FCTA has demolished those houses I can only hope they will get a place for shelter even if it's a church. It's better than coming back home cry

Your foolishness has no boundary.

2 Likes

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by mozes01(m): 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nothing surprises me anymore.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by RTSC: 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
Someone wrote on twitter that Nigeria hates you.

He was right.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by joyandfaith: 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
AlexReports:
Few days ago, the Federal Capital Territory Administration-FCTA has demolished over 134 houses in Apo Akpmajenya Community to allow for the construction of a major road network in the area. Many Residents has lamented over the demolition as it has left many homeless, especially as properties worth over millions where destroyed.

Residents have continue to lament on the hopeless conditions they are faced with, especially with the recent Covid19 lockdown. Some Residents of Apo Akpmajenya Community told our Reporters that the Administration of FCTA did not notify them before the demolition exercise, as they had to scamper around not knowing where to go with their families and properties, some of which are destroyed.

The demolition exercise was coordinated by the Chairman, FCT Ministerial Task Force on City Sanitation, Mr Ikharo Attah. Speaking on behalf of the Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello, he noted that the activity is desirous of safeguarding the fidelity of the Abuja Master Plan. Ikharo stated that the Administration satisfied all the requirements of the law before carrying out the exercise.

Deputy Director, Planning and Resettlement in the Department of Resettlement and Compensation, Malam Nasir Suleiman, disclosed that 131 houses and 169 plots were given for compensation to the members of the affected Akpmajenya indigenous community, which was inline with legal considerations before the demolition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvzNTCwS9go

https://www.abujapress.com/2020/08/abuja-residents-lament-as-fcta-demolish_19.html?m=1

I do not understand why a poor country like Nigeri will keep on destroying properties that constitute little nuisance.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
BruzMoney:

Your foolishness has no boundary.
why did you say that
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by BruzMoney(m): 8:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
BLUELemon:
why did you say that

If you had common sense/human feelings you won’t type that shitty comment of yours on this kind of thread.

1 Like

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by techmo(m): 8:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
No free land in Abuja, it was planned far back in the 80s, it's a shame government ain't aggressively working on cheap mass real estate
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Royalfurnitures: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hope such lands wont be relocated to govt officials and their cronies after the demolition like in the days of El Rufai

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
They should compensate them the curse wey follow elrufai still dey follow am till now
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Jostoman: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
Pay back time for not voting their party in 2019 election.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Chirowman(m): 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
wahala dey ooo ,how can govt render people homeless
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Godons1: 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
Guyman02:
The Chairman mentioned that the landlords were compensated with plots of land.
I was in that situation at one time, my house was demolished and we were giving plot of land somewhere at the boundary between Abuja, Niger and Kaduna state after Bwari, no road, no electricity, no water, no nothing was provided and we were giving building plan spec to build. It was a way of driving the low income earners out of Abuja to the periphery.

Were you also compensated financially?
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by gangstarmonk(m): 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
Is it not Nigeria?

They'll come back to the poor masses, give them 1k each during elections and the same elites will rule.

If only the poor knows what they talk less of them from the high places, they'll sit up.

I'm here already by God's grace. And I will never go down again Insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Reference(m): 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
The majority residents of these shanties know the inevitable will happen someday. But whenever that day arrives it still comes like a thief in the night leaving sorrow, tears and blood... says the late philosophical sage Fela Kuti.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by thesicilian: 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nigerians are getting what they voted for. It's too late to cry when the head is off.

2 Likes

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Deborah98(f): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
Unfortunately that's the country we have found ourselves
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Drizzy5001(m): 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Wahala dey o... To stay in Abuja no be beans
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
BruzMoney:

If you had common sense/human feelings you won’t type that shitty comment of yours on this kind of thread.
if I have human feeling? What's bad about what I typed undecided
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Galactico4ever(m): 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2020
I feel their pain cos I can relate, though I wasn't compensated.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Galactico4ever(m): 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
Drizzy5001:
Wahala dey o... To stay in Abuja no be beans
Rice
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by ezechi24(m): 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
Guyman02:
I was in that situation at one time, my house was demolished and we were giving plot of land somewhere at the boundary between Abuja, Niger and Kaduna state after Bwari, no road, no electricity, no water, no nothing was provided and we were giving building plan spec to build in that bush. It was a way of driving the low income earners out of Abuja to another state, they don't want to see you if you are poor.

The Chairman of that Task Force Ikharo Attah used to be an advocate for the ordinary citizens as a reporter for ITV Abuja, since the minister appointed him as Covid19 Task Force Chairman he started by invading churches to implement lockdown and harrassing Pastors with Bible verses and filming it and making it viral, then the minister added sanitation to his portfolio because of his gragra.
Give a man power and it's then you will know his true colours, what we have in Nigeria are mostly Fake Activists

I remember dino Malays...Nigeria and fake humanitarians.

1 Like

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Kennitrust(m): 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
If building a more better Nigeria take the demolition of old structures, so be it but the should fully compensate the owns
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
yanabasee1:
Is Abuja designed for the rich alone?

Trying to make life Miserable to an extent of demolishing homes without creating another enabling environment for them to move to....

Abuja has a master plan, being poor doesn't mean you should build houses on the wrong site

3 Likes

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by SweetCunt97(f): 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
They were compensated ryt?
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2020
My own is let them compensate this people handsomly atleast 500k each or more

Or its just wickedness
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by SweetCunt97(f): 8:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
BLUELemon:
After NYSC when you check on your friends the next thing you hear is they are now in Abuja....

You'll feel happy for them and sometimes envious until they call you to ask for #500 recharge card undecided undecided

Now that FCTA has demolished those houses I can only hope they will get a place for shelter even if it's a church. It's better than coming back home cry
So people for lag no dey beg for 500h abi

1 Like

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Coldie(m): 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
Because of road u demolish entire community?

These Abuja politician's just have one agenda they only want Abuja to themselves while they push everyone to other states
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by SweetCunt97(f): 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
Galactico4ever:
I feel their pain cos I can relate, though I wasn't compensated.
Why didn't u pursue d compensation? Kubwa?
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by goshen26: 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2020
Guyman02:
I was in that situation at one time, my house was demolished and we were giving plot of land somewhere at the boundary between Abuja, Niger and Kaduna state after Bwari, no road, no electricity, no water, no nothing was provided and we were giving building plan spec to build in that bush. It was a way of driving the low income earners out of Abuja to another state, they don't want to see you if you are poor.

The Chairman of that Task Force Ikharo Attah used to be an advocate for the ordinary citizens as a reporter for ITV Abuja, since the minister appointed him as Covid19 Task Force Chairman he started by invading churches to implement lockdown and harrassing Pastors with Bible verses and filming it and making it viral, then the minister added sanitation to his portfolio because of his gragra.
Give a man power and it's then you will know his true colours, what we have in Nigeria are mostly Fake Activists

Just Oshiomhole during his NLC days

2 Likes

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Chioma1989: 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2020
Poverty is a disease. Most of all these squatters are not financially stable. They will make shanties in government land and before you know it, they will start having babies like rabbits without giving a thought on how to make decent human beings out of their numerous kids.

I don't know why a struggling man should be having up to six kids. What for? I saw a family that was evicted by the Lagos state government in lekki last two week. The man has seven children that were looking so malnourished. Where will they go to? The man knew that things are tough for him and he kept bringing kids to this world to suffer. Poor people mentality always defies common logic. I sympathize with them.

4 Likes

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Enskynelson(m): 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2020
If not a country with insensitive and heartless leaders, how can u do this during lock down?
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by codemaniacs: 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
zz

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Giving A Quit Notice To A Tenant. / Glamour Gardens Estate..4bedroom Semi-detached With BQ @ #33m Per Unit (pics att / Wow Amazing Waterfall Terraces In Ojodu Omole Very Flexible +2349030188831

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.