Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament (31517 Views)

Enugu State Government Demolishes Buildings In Centenary City, Residents Cry Out / Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf Demolishes Buildings Approved By Ganduje (Video) / FCTA Demolishes Brothels, Illegal Structures In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Nobody: 4:35am On Aug 21, 2020
Think9ja:
I support this demolition 100% if those structures were illegal structures.
They can't tell me they never knew they were on government property.

Abuja is not Lagos where people acquire lands without the necessary paperwork. If you want land, go to the FCDA and buy.

Abuja is the only true city we have in Nigeria and we must guard it by all means. And yes, even if that means pushing poor people out of the city. Every body cannot live in Abuja.

We keep talking of how underdeveloped we are as a country and now that FCTA are trying to change the paradigm, you're crying foul. I live 45 kilometres from the heart of the city, N300 can get me there. I can go there any time to run my package and then come back home.

Living in the city (and especially Abuja) is not for everyone.
Shove off this egoistic mentality of Abuja isn't for the poor, are you sure you read the report.
Farm lands in the community were destroyed : with due diligence, have you attempt to find out who are the owners of this farm land? Are you sure it is not the indigenous people of that land inherited from their ancestors from past generations.
I have seen cases where government agencies destroy buildings to aid road construction on a later note, it becomes some undeserving politicians property. Same thing governor ameachi wanted to claim land for salvation ministry church building but the general overseer said if such happens mysterious things would happen to the governor through his stay in politics, he was afraid and stopped.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Lifestone(m): 5:05am On Aug 21, 2020
Kingpele:
Wickedness at its peak.... We have new set of demonic personalities in government this days, that your master plan is it not man made, why not correct the plan since you guys gave people approval and permission to build this houses. I thought government is continuation from previous administrations.. I pity the landlords most because their hard earned money has been wasted just like that... The wicked will never go unpunished... Eternity is not 30 trillion years, is not even 50 zillion years, menh is forever, if u are separated from God forever simply because u want to enjoy a temporary pleasures of life of sin, what is your gain? 200 years of enjoyment can not be compared with eternity without God.. Just think about it for a while
There you go again, playing the victim ! Why is it difficult for Nigerians to simply obey the rules? When it is the time to pay for such disobedience we start to blame the Government.
Even a dumb person knows that FCDA will demolish your property if you build without approval.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by excessmon(m): 7:06am On Aug 21, 2020
Oga if you don’t know anything try ask questions and stop jumping into conclusions........

They were told not to build there cos it’s on the layout of a major road network......
yanabasee1:
Is Abuja designed for the rich alone?

Trying to make life Miserable to an extent of demolishing homes without creating another enabling environment for them to move to....

So, because, 131 houses and plots was given, they have to destroy their homes.

And where was the houses and plots located?
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by themanderon: 7:14am On Aug 21, 2020
Guyman02:
The Chairman mentioned that the landlords were compensated with plots of land.
I was in that situation at one time, my house was demolished and we were giving plot of land somewhere at the boundary between Abuja, Niger and Kaduna state after Bwari, no road, no electricity, no water, no nothing was provided and we were given building plan spec to build in that bush with no mortgage. It was a way of driving the low income earners out of Abuja to another state, they don't want to see you if you are poor.

The Chairman of that Task Force Ikharo Attah used to be an advocate for the ordinary citizens as a reporter for ITV Abuja, since the minister appointed him as Covid19 Task Force Chairman he started by invading churches to implement lockdown and harrassing Pastors with Bible verses and filming it and making it viral, then the minister added sanitation to his portfolio because of his initial gragra and he is desperate to cement his new positionshocked.

Give a man power and it's then you will know his true colours, what we have in Nigeria are mostly Fake Activists, wait until they occupy a public position

Another sad example just like Keyamo. A useful southern idiot that would soon be tossed into the dustbin of a worthless history by the same masters he desperately wants to impress.
Nothing lasts forever. He sold his soul to the devil and would soon reap his morbid rewards.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Perfecttouchade: 7:54am On Aug 21, 2020
We are experts in Aluminium windows fabrication. Reach us via WhatsApp

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by yanabasee1(m): 8:38am On Aug 21, 2020
excessmon:
Oga if you don’t know anything try ask questions and stop jumping into conclusions........

They were told not to build there cos it’s on the layout of a major road network......

There's no city that people don't build houses on lands that were originally theirs before government would decide to pass a quit notice to vacate.

In Abuja, the land owners are mainly the gbagis. And they've been selling out their lands to people on central areas that is in town or AMAC....

A general, whose land was occupied by people...Gave all tenants from 200k to 400k to vacate his land. With a given date.

The govt should know that we are human and not animals. Many people will lose their valuable things and certificates during this inhumane bulldozing.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Tatashi: 9:09am On Aug 21, 2020
Abuja is not for the govt Abuja belongs to the Gwaris/Gbagyis.you can't come to another man's land and say you want to destroy his house in his ancestral home.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Kambols95(m): 9:45am On Aug 21, 2020
YOUR BUILDING IS IN SAFE HANDS.
I AM A STRUCTURAL ENGINEER WHILE MY WIFE IS AN ARCHITECT.

YOU CAN CONTACT MAK DESIGNS & CONSULT FOR YOUR:
- SURVEY PLAN
- ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN
- STRUCTURAL DESIGN
- MECHANICAL DESIGN
- ELECTRICAL DESIGN
- BILL OF QUANTITIES
- PARAPET CONSTRUCTION
- SUPERVISION OF BUILDING PROJECTS
- GENERAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES

All at a reduced professional fee

makdesignsandconsult@gmail.com
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Sabicleaners: 9:50am On Aug 21, 2020
Guyman02:
The Chairman mentioned that the landlords were compensated with plots of land.
I was in that situation at one time, my house was demolished and we were giving plot of land somewhere at the boundary between Abuja, Niger and Kaduna state after Bwari, no road, no electricity, no water, no nothing was provided and we were given building plan spec to build in that bush with no mortgage. It was a way of driving the low income earners out of Abuja to another state, they don't want to see you if you are poor.

The Chairman of that Task Force Ikharo Attah used to be an advocate for the ordinary citizens as a reporter for ITV Abuja, since the minister appointed him as Covid19 Task Force Chairman he started by invading churches to implement lockdown and harrassing Pastors with Bible verses and filming it and making it viral, then the minister added sanitation to his portfolio because of his initial gragra and he is desperate to cement his new positionshocked.

Give a man power and it's then you will know his true colours, what we have in Nigeria are mostly Fake Activists, wait until they occupy a public position
Sir, if I may ask, are you an indigene of Abuja?
Is it possible that non-indigenous landlords in those areas get settlement too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by quinox947: 10:43am On Aug 21, 2020
.......and this is happening in a country with housing deficit. It has been observed that anytime a new set of political leaders come to Abuja, the poor and the middle class are driven away from their place of abode with the excuse of restoring the master plan. At the end, this same land will be allocated to cronies and politicians after demolition.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by anonimi: 12:56am On Aug 22, 2020
ExBanker:
Government without feelings

Builders without approvals, is what you meant to say.
Why are we such a lawless bunch

1 Like

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by anonimi: 12:58am On Aug 22, 2020
quinox947:
.......and this is happening in a country with housing deficit. It has been observed that anytime a new set of political leaders come to Abuja, the poor and the middle class are driven away from their place of abode with the excuse of restoring the master plan. At the end, this same land will be allocated to cronies and politicians after demolition.

You have assumed that they had ALL the relevant approvals to build

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10586428_fbimg15736654320838424_jpegd42241580d772ab6f2e4383c755894e8

1 Like

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Kambols95(m): 2:38am On Aug 22, 2020
YOUR BUILDING IS IN SAFE HANDS.
I AM A STRUCTURAL ENGINEER WHILE MY WIFE IS AN ARCHITECT.

YOU CAN CONTACT MAK DESIGNS & CONSULT FOR YOUR:
- SURVEY PLAN
- ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN
- STRUCTURAL DESIGN
- MECHANICAL DESIGN
- ELECTRICAL DESIGN
- BILL OF QUANTITIES
- PARAPET CONSTRUCTION
- SUPERVISION OF BUILDING PROJECTS
- GENERAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES

All at a reduced professional fee

makdesignsandconsult@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Giving A Quit Notice To A Tenant. / Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow With Bq In Oron Akwa Ibom / Nigerian Man Shows Off His Achievements In 2022 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.