Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators (1578 Views)

We Are Against Nnamdi Kanu's Agitation For Biafra - S'east Governors, Ohaneze / Makinde, Ajimobi Crisis Deepen Over Land Revocation / Senate Presidency: Mindless Marginalisation Of S'east By APC Must Stop - Anyim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by drinoayo: 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
Some top Nigerian lawmakers have added their voices to the agitation for Nigerian President of South East extraction in the 2023 presidential election.

Speaking in Uyo on Wednesday, Christopher Ekpenyong, the Senator representing Ikot Ekpene Senatorial district in Akwa Ibom State said that allowing the next president of Nigeria to come from the South East geopolitical zone will deepen national unity and give the Igbo a sense of belonging in the country.

He stressed that since the North has produced the president, and South West as well as South South, that it would not be out of place if the South East was allowed to also lead the country for the purpose of equity and Justice.

He however expressed disappointment that the same issue of mistrust that took the nation to a civil war and almost dismembered the country has remained a constant discourse among Nigerians after 50years.

“My prayer is that we should allow an Igbo man to become the next president of Nigeria

“If the North and the South West have produced a president, why can’t the Southeast be allowed to become president of Nigeria?

“Igbo presidency is the path that will lead to deepening of our national unity.It will assuage the feeling of disillusionment among the Igbo. It will also give them a sense of belonging. No section has the monopoly of capacity to lead Nigeri. Therefore, everyone should be given equal opportunity to lead and contribute to the building of the country. No section was created to rule others for eternity. Nigeria belongs to all.

“There are competent men and women across all geopolitical zones in this country. And remember, the South West and the South South have already produced a president. So, my plea with other zones is to allow the South East to produce the next president of Nigeria.

“They should be given the opportunity to contribute their knowledge, experience and leadership capacity towards the growth of this nation, ” he said.

The senator representing the Southern Senatorial district of Taraba State, Senator Emmanuel Bwacha, in an interview with The Sun monitored by Igbere TV also throw his weight behind zoning the 2023 presidency to the South East.

Speaking on his take on the zoning of the presidency for 2023, the third time senator said in all fairness, the South East deserves the chance to produce the next President of Nigeria in 2023.

“I wouldn’t know much and so I can’t say much because I don’t have much say in where the next president should from. Having said that, personally, I think it is time to give the South East a chance.

“But like I said, that is just my personal opinion and based on human thinking but you know, God’s ways are different from ours and 2023 is still a long way off.

“A lot can happen between now and then beyond what any of us is capable of thinking,” Bwacha said.

In it’s submission, the Nigeria Presidential Project, NPP, also said that it’s the turn of the South East zone to produce the 2023 Nigerian President.

The NPP Chancellor, Walter Orji, spoke in Owerri, during the inauguration of the Imo State executives of NPP with Ude Agoha as its state Coordinating Chairman.

Orji added that many Igbo politicians have made their interests known to NPP to run for the presidency but that they were waiting for the right time to go public about their political ambition.

He said among other things that NPP had visited the nooks and crannies of the country as well as some reputable leaders in different regions of the country and talked to them on Igbo presidency.

https://igberetvnews.com/1361913/2023-seast-presidency-ll-deepen-national-unity-senators/

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by Charmingrascal(m): 12:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
drinoayo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1361913/2023-seast-presidency-ll-deepen-national-unity-senators/

Lalasticlala

The only thing we are trying to let Ndigbo know is that Presidency can't be dropped on their lap.
If they think they deserve it, they should work to earn it.
It's not about propaganda, threat and bullying.
No region has ever gotten Presidency on a platter of gold and Ndigbos own won't be different.

Simple as that!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by Brandstudio01: 12:39pm On Aug 20, 2020
Before nko
Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by helinues: 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
grin grin

South East 2023 presidency should be moved to joke section.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by Pollosa1: 12:44pm On Aug 20, 2020
Of course
Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by flyingpig: 12:44pm On Aug 20, 2020
Dave Umahi as PDP presidential candidate I stan' cool

Orji Uzor Kalu as APC presidential candidate I stan' cool
Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by flyingpig: 12:45pm On Aug 20, 2020
helinues:
grin grin

[s]South East 2023 presidency should be moved to joke section.[/s]
You should be moved to joke section

4 Likes

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by helinues: 12:45pm On Aug 20, 2020
flyingpig:
You should be moved to joke section

We shall see who should be taken seriously...

No more Biafla ?
Restructuring?

So you guys are expecting votes from Almajiri and Yoruba Muslims right?

That's Pepetiano... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by flyingpig: 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2020
helinues:

[s]We shall see who should be taken seriously[/s]...
You've never been taken seriously on this platform. Don't hype yourself, please dear.
Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2020
Charmingrascal:

The only thing we are trying to let Ndigbo know is that Presidency can't be dropped on their lap.
If they think they deserve it, they should work to earn it.
It's not about propaganda, threat and bullying.
No region has ever gotten Presidency on a platter of gold and Ndigbos own won't be different.

Simple as that!
are they not working for it ? ...what else do u want them to do that they are not doing

2 Likes

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by flyingpig: 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2020
helinues:

[s]We shall see who should be taken seriously...

No more Biafla ?
Restructuring?[/s]
stop dancing like a peacock

1 Like

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2020
helinues:

No more Biafla ?
Restructuring?

That's Pepetiano... grin
that's stales it doesn't work anymore

2 Likes

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by Lipscomb(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
All this gimmicks will never work I can't vote for ibo except my friend eze that is only ibo I trust in my life.
Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by flyingpig: 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
helinues:

No more Biafla ?
Restructuring?

That's Pepetiano... grin
politicking goes beyond the nairaland tantrums that you see. Have you ever seen an igbo man call a Yoruba afonja in public? Forget that thing you see on nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by flyingpig: 12:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lipscomb:
All this gimmicks will never work I can't vote for ibo except my friend eze that is only ibo I trust in my life.
your opinion. But an igbo man will fly APC and PDP presidential flags. No worries you'll vote AD or SPD on that day.

1 Like

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by flyingpig: 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
I'm very glad this clarion call is coming from a serving South South Senator from Akwa Ibom state.

Much love to my Southern brothers. Akwa Ibom state will get Ibaka deep seaport for that one.

Thank God for its proximity to Aba

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by helinues: 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

that's stales it doesn't work anymore

Are we not saying the same thing?

After 2023 election, you guys will know whether to curse Kanu or praise him

1 Like

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by flyingpig: 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
helinues:

Says flyingpig grin wink
do you think your name is pronouncable angry sounds like hair anus

2 Likes

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by IamWonderful: 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
No way
Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by helinues: 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
flyingpig:
do you think your name is pronouncable angry sounds like hair anus

Illinois.....Choi grin
Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by alizma: 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2020
You can't have your investment in opposition party while expecting the ruling party to gift away presidential post in your favour.
That is future impossible tense. South East should sick for political adviser from the north or west

3 Likes

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by helinues: 12:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
flyingpig:
You've never been taken seriously on this platform. Don't hype yourself, please dear.

Remember, it's Helinues, slayers of Pdp and Ipob miscreants on NL...

cheesy grin
Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by ThatFairGuy: 12:57pm On Aug 20, 2020
All these 2023 stuff shouldn't raise dust if one is not scared cheesy.
The last time I checked, no one is stopping Ndi Igbo from contesting.

It'll only be a joke of the century for anyone to want presidential slot WITHOUT CONTENDERS. Who does that?
Such has never happen and IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN.

No matter how much empty threats, sympathy card thrown and chestbeating, NO ONE BORN OF WOMAN CAN STOP YORUBAS FROM CONTESTING 2023 PRESIDENCY.

If you want to cry, better start from now

1 Like

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by ThatFairGuy: 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
flyingpig:
Dave Umahi as PDP presidential candidate I stan' cool

Orji Uzor Kalu as APC presidential candidate I stan' cool
On a serious note, even that of PDP is closer to Yorubas than Ndi Igbo not to talk of APC

5 Likes

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by flyingpig: 1:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
helinues:

[s]Remember, it's Helinues, slayers of Pdp and Ipob miscreants on NL...
[/s]
cheesy grin
you're a nonentity

1 Like

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by flyingpig: 1:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

On a serious note, even that of PDP is closer to Yorubas than Ndi Igbo not to talk of APC
what is this one talking and who's that kid in the pic undecided

1 Like

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
helinues:

Are we not saying the same thing?

After 2023 election, you guys will know whether to curse Kanu or praise him
personally I don't even wish for an igbo presidency ....it would kill our chance of Biafra for years
Nigeria can't work ...it's impossible

but Yoruba man can't be president in 2023 that u can take to the bank

1 Like

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by flyingpig: 1:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
All these 2023 stuff shouldn't raise dust if one is not scared cheesy.
The last time I checked, no one is stopping Ndi Igbo from contesting.

It'll only be a joke of the century for anyone to want presidential slot WITHOUT CONTENDERS. Who does that?
Such has never happen and IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN.

No matter how much empty threats, empathy card thrown and chestbeating, NO ONE BORN OF WOMAN CAN STOP YORUBAS FROM CONTESTING 2023 PRESIDENCY.

If you want to cry, better start from now
if you contest, you will lose. Serving Nigerian senator from akwa ibom and another from taraba is buying the idea. These are just guys wetting the ground for the cultivation of yam tendrils. Do you think its a coincidence that orji uzor kalu has been uniting south east APC and receiving visits upon visits from boss mustapha, gbajabiamila and other prominent northern politicians?

1 Like

Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by Blessynokoro: 1:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
Truth
Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by ThatFairGuy: 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
[s]
flyingpig:
if you contest, you will lose. Serving Nigerian senator from akwa ibom and another from taraba is buying the idea. These are just guys wetting the ground for the cultivation of yam tendrils. Do you think its a coincidence that orji uzor kalu has been uniting south east APC and receiving visits upon visits from boss mustapha, gbajabiamila and other prominent northern politicians?
[/s]
If you can put Tambowal as Umahi's VP, won't argue with you cheesy
Re: 2023: S'east Presidency 'll Deepen National Unity - Senators by helinues: 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
flyingpig:
you're a nonentity

So Pdp and Ipob miscreants have been claiming while sane NL's are saying otherwise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IMO Govt Empowers Youths With Rabbit / Northerners Should Focus On Nigeria And Leave Nairaland For Southerners / The Reasons Why Buhari Does Not Come Out To Speak To The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.