Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Urgent! Should He Take The Job Offer Or Not? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Urgent! Should He Take The Job Offer Or Not? (654 Views)

Urgent ! Should I Call The Police To Help Me Check If She Is Alive / I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job? / Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent! Should He Take The Job Offer Or Not? by Lukmanraji(m): 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hello nairalanders,

I need your advice real quick. I got a job offer as a Relationship Officer (Marketing) from a microfinance Bank based in Lagos here. Job pay is 60k Gross monthly.

I am to report to the head office on Monday for submission of forms I was asked to fill and also get the necessary training.

Please, I need advice on the nature of this Job. Am considering of rejecting the offer because I don't have the strength of roaming around the streets looking for prospective customers.

I actually need people's experience in this field. Am a B.Sc Graduate in Banking and Finance and awaiting service.

My dad is encouraging me to take it just to have experience in the banking industry but this is not the kind of experience I want.

Candid advise is needed from experts and experienced persons here. Thank you.
Re: Urgent! Should He Take The Job Offer Or Not? by ahiboilandgas: 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lukmanraji:
Hello nairalanders,

I need your advice real quick. I got a job offer as a Relationship Officer (Marketing) from a microfinance Bank based in Lagos here. Job pay is 60k Gross monthly.

I am to report to the head office on Monday for submission of forms I was asked to fill and also get the necessary training.

Please, I need advice on the nature of this Job. Am considering of rejecting the offer because I don't have the strength of roaming around the streets looking for prospective customers.

I actually need people's experience in this field. Am a B.Sc Graduate in Banking and Finance and awaiting service.

My dad is encouraging me to take it just to have experience in the banking industry but this is not the kind of experience I want.

u dad is a man of wisdom

2 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should He Take The Job Offer Or Not? by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
Take it but ready to walks from doors to doors as what your father's said experience matter
Re: Urgent! Should He Take The Job Offer Or Not? by merieam16(f): 11:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
take to ur dad advice
Re: Urgent! Should He Take The Job Offer Or Not? by Obajilucky(m): 11:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
Well...this ain't much of a banking experience. If this is your first job then I suggest you take it while looking for a better offer.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should He Take The Job Offer Or Not? by Nobody: 2:39am On Aug 21, 2020
Lukmanraji:
Hello nairalanders,

Do it my brother smiley
Re: Urgent! Should He Take The Job Offer Or Not? by EmptyGarden(m): 5:38am On Aug 21, 2020
Don't be a lazy youth! Try it out, see how the first month goes and you'd be better placed to decide whether or not to continue. Just get good trekking shoes, you go need am.
Re: Urgent! Should He Take The Job Offer Or Not? by paulolee(m): 6:39am On Aug 21, 2020
seems no be this same naija where job dey very had to come by naim you they refer to..
i see nothing bad in taking the job to gain more experience and still pray and fast for that your dream job in world bank..
the only way i would advice again st taking such job is when you have other sources of income or personal jobs that you are already doing while at home...
gees dt have been furstrated with joblessness wont ask such question after already securing the work, word on streets do say "person wey konji de kill no de select nunu wey get plenty bush".....d choice is urs o...
Re: Urgent! Should He Take The Job Offer Or Not? by Ahmad62(m): 6:44am On Aug 21, 2020
If you're jobless right now... I see no reason why shouldn't accept the job... Many people are waiting for this kin opportunity.... I say take the job until you find something better
Re: Urgent! Should He Take The Job Offer Or Not? by NYCnextStop(m): 6:52am On Aug 21, 2020
Personally I would have advised you not to take the job but since you said you are waiting for your NYSC call up then I think you should really go for it.

The exposure and experience from the job will give you an edge amongst your colleagues probably at home waiting for their call up. Again since it is a marketing position it will give you the opportunity to meet people as well. Just be wise and use this opportunity well.

Going forward I would advise you keep on job hunting while on the job (although your chances are limited since you don’t have NYSC discharge certificate) and then Quit and look for a better job after your service.

I wish you all the best!
Re: Urgent! Should He Take The Job Offer Or Not? by Lukmanraji(m): 7:50am On Aug 21, 2020
Roheemah04:

Do it my brother smiley
Can you give me your reasons?

(1) (Reply)

I Drank Jedi For The First Time In My Life / I / Number 1 Killer Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.